Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU server just crashed

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone. Due to a hardware issue, we’ll be taking the European PC/Mac megaserver offline for maintainance. We’ll update once that is complete. Thank you.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elyox
    Elyox
    ✭✭
    Might aswell do tomorrow maintenance now.
    Sometimes I do pvp, sometimes I do pve, sometimes I'm on break, sometimes I'm part of some players that can't login, that's kinda life
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elyox wrote: »

That's exactly what I came to say.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Due to a hardware issue, we’ll be taking the European PC/Mac megaserver offline for maintainance. We’ll update once that is complete. Thank you.

Hope so
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the expected duration of maintenance?
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

This message should look like this:

"Hi EU megaserver players (of course not NA, lol). Due to a hardware issue, we’ll be taking the European PC/Mac megaserver offline for maintainance. We’ll update once that is complete. Thank you for pouring your money into the game despite the endless crashes and maintenances but we will not change anything"
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, hi, nice to meet you - you must be new here :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Rossmann
    Rossmann
    ✭✭✭

Heh, you think they would let it go when they have chance to extend maintanence to 24 hours?

Too many problems, very little time.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rossmann wrote: »

Heh, you think they would let it go when they have chance to extend maintanence to 24 hours?

Too many problems, very little time.

So much to do, so little time.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Monotremata
    Monotremata
    Soul Shriven
    ZharaX wrote: »
    I can't understand if it's better to stay in queue (hoping something could change) or not, quitting the game and waiting some hours to try again... suggestions ?

You'll prolly be better of coming back in, say, 2 hours or even tomorrow. The devs have to meet back at work and start fault searching, so we are looking at... maybe 4-6 hours :)

Just a guess tho'

On a holiday in USA?

It's nice to dream.
  • El_th
    El_th
    ✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    Whats the expected duration of maintenance?

We cannot know. Not that we have been paying for our time in this game anyway (a dedicated ESO subscriber sarcasm)
  • fugalism
    fugalism
    Soul Shriven
    So does this mean the event will be extended? Can't get my tickets today. :(
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

pushing patch on EU now and on NA after seems as timesaver and less downtime for EU for a change... I would be really surprised if Zeni manages that fast reaction on a problem...
  • El_th
    El_th
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for bashing, spam, censor bypassing and conspiracy theories, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.

I compared the American server and the European and concluded that the American is simply better. So you deleted my comment because of the truth?

That must have been regarded as a conspiracy theory, I presume. Because 'All players are equal...'
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I would like to inform you that regretfully, my wallet is unavailable for ZOS products until further notice."
    Edited by khyrkat on September 6, 2021 9:44PM
  • Nick1620
    Nick1620
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for bashing, spam, censor bypassing and conspiracy theories, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.

I compared the American server and the European and concluded that the American is simply better. So you deleted my comment because of the truth?

zos banned all guild members because they wrote to support about abusing bugged mechanic
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    DucLIX wrote: »
    DucLIX wrote: »
    We are currently investigating incoming

the_oracle_making_cookies.jpg?w=760

*looks at picture*

Are you saying THERE IS NO SERVER?? :-O

Your choice has already been made. You just have to realize it.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭

pushing patch on EU now and on NA after seems as timesaver and less downtime for EU for a change... I would be really surprised if Zeni manages that fast reaction on a problem...

We are the testers bro, like this poor cats-katjits and cosmetics
  • BallBustingBabe
    BallBustingBabe
    Soul Shriven
    Since you taken the server down can you do the patch maintenance too so lease when we wake we can play instead of another maintenance. Remember most of us pay to play
  • opticalgreeneb17_ESO
    AVAndronov wrote: »
    Dear Zenimax, I just came home from work, it's late, I'm tired, in case things don't get back to normal in due time, I just want my 2 tickets from today and my daily Endeavors, thank you.

Exactly. Servers can go down. *** happens with software and hardware. Why not compensate players who didn't get their progression done for the day? Just give them their tickets and endavors they didn't yet score for the day? Is it that much to ask for?

Yep, I really meant that! As someone that is loyal to the game, I understand hardware and software failure can happen, and I find it natural that the company would compensate the players for this, especially that we were at the end of an event, plus this is the type of game that has daily rewards, some of them quite rare to get. Most of us have daily jobs, ESO plus and those extra crowns don't come free.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭

AVAndronov wrote: »
    Dear Zenimax, I just came home from work, it's late, I'm tired, in case things don't get back to normal in due time, I just want my 2 tickets from today and my daily Endeavors, thank you.

Exactly. Servers can go down. *** happens with software and hardware. Why not compensate players who didn't get their progression done for the day? Just give them their tickets and endavors they didn't yet score for the day? Is it that much to ask for?

Yep, I really meant that! As someone that is loyal to the game, I understand hardware and software failure can happen, and I find it natural that the company would compensate the players for this, especially that we were at the end of an event, plus this is the type of game that has daily rewards, some of them quite rare to get. Most of us have daily jobs, ESO plus and those extra crowns don't come free.

Agree. On my day off, I cant enjoy for what i payed. I understand things happens, so no problem as long as 1. They use wisely this two days, 2. Some even not significant but merely symbolic compensation
  • SiliconShadow
    SiliconShadow
    ✭✭
    Since you taken the server down can you do the patch maintenance too so lease when we wake we can play instead of another maintenance. Remember most of us pay to play

Not a sensible tactic to be honest, if they apply the patch the won't have enough data if something else goes wrong to quickly determine if it was the patch or something else went wrong. In engineering and science you only change one thing at a time and observe the result.

I don't really want this to become a 2 day downtime as we had back in the day.
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    0TCECy9Bl5s.jpg?size=614x451&quality=96&sign=20225b3891370fb9edbe94ccec9b06d7&type=album
    Edited by MikeSkyrim333 on September 6, 2021 10:38PM
  • Franckh
    Franckh
    ✭✭✭
    NA servers
    R.777201135b4c1fc7d9b3ac6356eac0a5?rik=S77CHjyfjWL1YQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fict.sarabums.ac.ir%2fUploads%2f7%2fCms%2fPictureGallary%2fb3.jpg&ehk=QGQGByjIvgcgJMZITH5aaPRiYGzA%2bnDYvxYmDYHzZws%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

EU servers
    Dc_cabling_50.jpg

this explains this ;)
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the rash of Error 108 messages people saw over the weekend was an early symptom of this catastrophe?
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Franckh wrote: »
    NA servers
    R.777201135b4c1fc7d9b3ac6356eac0a5?rik=S77CHjyfjWL1YQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fict.sarabums.ac.ir%2fUploads%2f7%2fCms%2fPictureGallary%2fb3.jpg&ehk=QGQGByjIvgcgJMZITH5aaPRiYGzA%2bnDYvxYmDYHzZws%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

EU servers
    Dc_cabling_50.jpg

this explains this ;)
    Good one:D

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're back up, boys
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back after 4 hours?? yeah awesome
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Jermolowicz
    Jermolowicz
    ✭✭✭
    Back up? Error 108 all over the place while trying to get on.
    PC-EU ~ Loves Khajiits, Alfiqs, Dunmers, Elsweyr, Vvanderfell and housing. Casual PvP and Cyrodill.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all! The European PC/Mac Megaserver is back online. Thanks for your patience during the downtime.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post