Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am unable to fish in Wrothgar

xpolilla
xpolilla
✭✭✭
It doesn't matter where in the zone, I am unable to interact with fish holes. I have all the bait types, and I have no fishing addon in place.
I am able to fish in other DLC zones, like Murkmire.

Does anyone else have this issue?

FYI @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_Kevin
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh. crap.

It's been a while since I tried to fish there, I'll have to check it out.

I'm PC NA - what platform are you on @xpolilla ?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA as well... and it sucks... I love fishing in Wrothgar.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @xpolilla Are you able to say if this started today, or might it have been earlier?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    This started (to my knowledge) after I patched Update 31. I didn't play this morning prior to the patch (if that is what you asked).
    I fished yesterday in Wrothgar with no problems, though.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my guildmates stated she had an addon that prevented it and didn't realize it. There was a setting in there to prevent it. (Sadly, I don't recall which addon it was.)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    One of my guildmates stated she had an addon that prevented it and didn't realize it. There was a setting in there to prevent it. (Sadly, I don't recall which addon it was.)

That's helpful, thank you. @xpolilla might you be able to disable your addons and see if one might be causing this issue?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    For the sake of clarity, I logged back in and disabled ALL addons and libs. Reloaded UI. I cannot fish in Wrothgar. I can see the fishing holes, I see the option to interact with the fishing hole. I select the appropriate bait. I press E and nothing happens. I can fish in other DLC zones, like Gold Coast (I tested that already but did it again).

I completely logged out from game. Logged back in. No addons or libs enabled. I still cannot fish in Wrothgar, while I can in other zones (I tested Murkmire again).

If it was an addon problem, I would not be able to fish anywhere. The problem is restricted to Wrothgar (so far), like I stated from the beginning. But now I have scienced it without any addons or libs, at the request of @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

I can also confirm I am not the only one who has this issue.

Nope... It's not an addon issue.
    Edited by xpolilla on August 23, 2021 8:04PM
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @xpolilla! Sorry for your inconvenience but I'm glad to know about the issue as I have friends that are still fishing areas for achievements and I can share the update.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »

That's helpful, thank you. @xpolilla might you be able to disable your addons and see if one might be causing this issue?

I just tried it and also could NOT fish in Wrothgar. The 'E' interaction comes up, but pressing 'E' to fish just makes that prompt blink. My character doesn't make any motion to cast a line.

I also went to Vvardenfell and Blackwood and I was able to successfully fish there. So it seems like it's something wrong in Wrothgar. (PC NA)

PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you all for the additional info and clarifying that you are still having this issue, even without any addons enabled. We're investigating.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting bug. Tested it too on a Wrothgar ocean (saltwater) fishing hole. Selected worms (or any other bait), the E interact lights up (not grey) - but doesn't work at all. I tried dismissing my companion, but it wasn't her fault, so I recalled her and offered my apologies... PC/NA.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on August 24, 2021 3:58AM
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no Nikolvara’s Kennel is my fav foul fishing spot. I just checked and as they say it's broken.
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old_Foggy wrote: »
    Oh no Nikolvara’s Kennel is my fav foul fishing spot. I just checked and as they say it's broken.

Forgot to add this is on PC EU and I tried with no addons and no companion etc.
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: After the hotfix this morning, I went to try fishing in Wrothgar again. No adds, no libs, no companion. I still cannot fish there. So, the hotfix didn't do anything to whatever is going on.

cc @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had similar issue with Blackwood, before I bought it.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Talmak
    Talmak
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the additional info and clarifying that you are still having this issue, even without any addons enabled. We're investigating.

Any Update, it is literally the last zone I need for the achievement ...
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here, no fishing possible in Wrothgar on PC NA. I haven't tried yet on EU. I've never had a single addon installed at any time since launch.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU wasnt able to fish in Wrothgar either.Did try it out of curiosity.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • charmtrapb14a_ESO
    charmtrapb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    PC NA here...so weird. I barely ever fish, but I thought I'd try it in Wrothgar this morning and couldn't cast at all. Went to another zone and it works fine.

Seems like somebody flipped a switch they shouldn't have messed with.
  • corrosivechains
    corrosivechains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Was able to fish in Wrothgar before the update, but cannot now. Was able to fish in Murkmire yesterday(went for the kilt antiquities lead). PC-NA
    "Could you post me a link to the official MMO rule book please." - clayandaudrey_ESO
  • Ballermfrau
    Ballermfrau
    ✭✭✭
    yes can't fish
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my wife still have problem with fishing in Wrothgar. PC EU. With and without addons.
  • Stirvik
    Stirvik
    ✭✭
    Still unable to fish in Wrothgar.
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried to fish to pass the 30 minutes till dailies reset. No luck fishing. Not even greyed out.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You might say...

There's something FISHY going on.

Or not, since... Y'know. We can't fish. I'm going to blame the Khajiit for it until the actual cause is determined.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Orcs ate all the first. I am still unable to fish in Wrothgar. I am SUPER fortunate that I finished that zone literally days before the event went live.
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, still broken...
    Bye bye Artaeum pickled fish I just ate...
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm also.
    PC/NA
    Just now dropped in and tried and yup, it's bugged.
    "But I'm a Master Angler".... :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Sorcy73
    Sorcy73
    Soul Shriven
    Confirming also, same issue.
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    Confirming that I'm also having the same issue, PC NA. Tried disabling all addons, logging in and back out, ect. I can hold E to select the bait but when I press E to cast the line, nothing happens. Sometimes my character sort of jerks a little bit like the animation is trying to start but fails. Wrothgar is the only zone I've run into this issue so far.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar