The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am unable to fish in Wrothgar

• KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    Wrohgar became a fish reserve, no fishing allowed says the orcs ... Or do we need to buy a fishing permit from those collectors that try to finance the city reconstruction ?
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw on Twitch that ZOS has a donating running for a animal-charity of a sort, maybe that is why we cannot fish in wrothgar??
    Edited by Azurya on September 6, 2021 7:38PM
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Might be a boycott from the fisher's guild of Wrothgar?
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From today's patch notes:
    The Elder Scrolls Online v7.1.6 fixes a few issues involving the new Waking Flame dungeons... the inability to fish in Wrothgar...

Phew. Just in time for the Year One event.
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    I am on vacations without a computer. Can someone let us know if the maintenance actually fixed the bug? Thank you
  • Talmak
    Talmak
    ✭✭✭
    xpolilla wrote: »
    I am on vacations without a computer. Can someone let us know if the maintenance actually fixed the bug? Thank you

Nicholvara's Kennel works ...
    Overland Fishing works ... FIXED
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the topic of bugs affecting economy -- yes definitely they do but this particular impact to Perfect Roe probably has very little due to the recent Wrothgar fishing bug.

Much larger is the impact of a large non-DLC-only event. People's entire playstyle changes including what they buy and sell as they focus most of their game time doing the event.

Sales tend to slow on perennial items (like dungeon-dropped old motifs and standard crafting mats) and normal furniture in favor of whatever is 'new' or 'returning'. Generally, people aren't farming the other dungeons as much, and when they go shopping they aren't keeping their eyes peeled for those motifs either.

So say I'm a trader with 30 slots per guild -- do I list the cool style pages from the event for fast turnaround or do I continue to list the 'regular' crafting mats? Spots are limited so I tend to go with the event items.
    Edited by Fennwitty on September 7, 2021 5:51PM
    PC NA
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if related, but I gave two Wrothgar enchanting surveys that have no runestones on the site.
  • RogueWolfUK
    RogueWolfUK
    Soul Shriven
    The fish in Wrothgar have gone missing
    Does this mean I can't go fishing?
    No! No! Not at all!
    The whole of Tamriel is available to trawl.
    So many places in the world
    To sit and fish and admire a 'fall.

Fishy, fishy were are yea?
    Up the river or by the sea?
    Are you hiding in lakes either clean or foul?
    I'm looking for you, I'm on the prowl.

When Wrothgar fishing is once more working,
    Back I'll go and no more shirking,
    I have a task to complete you see:
    A Master Angler I want to be.
    Wrothgar is my final challenge,
    So those final fish I must scavenge.

Fishing is one of the patient sports,
    but hooked I am with Wrothgar resorts.
    So dear ZOS I'd just like to say:
    I know you're busy, that's plain to see.
    But thank you for returning Wrothgar fishing to me.
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad things are back to normal in Wrothgar. Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin 😅
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that I now cannot connect to Wrothgar and get error 334. lol.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey @EmEm_Oh. First, your username is fantastic. Second, what platform are you playing on?
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Kev,

Thanks for the name like :D.

PC. I think I had this issue before? I can't remember. I renamed the programdata to programdatabackup. Rebooted modem. If nobody else is getting this then it has to be my isp/connection.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @EmEm_Oh. If you are able to check w/ your ISP, that would be helpful. But we will keep an eye out incase more cases pop up. At least then we could rule out your ISP if they are not the issue. Thanks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    hi, a guildmate and I are unable to fish in Wrothgar.. i have traveled there, found a fishing spot.. I was able to select the bait for river fishing but when I then click X to fish, nothing happens. Same thing happens with my guildmate. I tried a couple of places in Wrothgar and wasn't able to fish. I then went to Shadowfen, and was able to fish just fine. Not sure if this is a bug or what?

We are on the PS4 EU server..

thanks!
    Edited by big_ear_midget on September 9, 2021 6:13AM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As it was bugged on PC, is it any surprise it's bugged on console as well?
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Can't fish in Wrothgar after update 2.21 on PS4.
    Was OK before the update.
    Why do all updates break the game in some way?
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • effincreep
    Been trying to tackle all DLC fishing achievements to have a break from quests n combat. Only have a couple left to get in Wrothgar and find no fishing allowed?! Whats the deal? Did Orc's ban fishing in their lands? I want mah prize fish! 🐟🐠🐡
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys tried using Dark Convergence over the fishing holes?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Have you guys tried using Dark Convergence over the fishing holes?

Catch all the fish at once!
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm the issue is still ongoing. At least on Xbox one series S on NA server. Tried fishing last night and nothing happens when you press A after selecting your bait. Was able to fish in foul water in deshaan without issue but Wrothgar is completely broken.