The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I am unable to fish in Wrothgar

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could be right. I don't buy from guild traders enough to pay attention to general pricing trends.
  • xpolilla
    xpolilla
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I don't buy the idea that the bug has anything to do with it, because people can always fish in other zones. IMHO, anytime the price on something goes up at the guild traders, it's because the players who are selling it decided to raise their asking prices, and they don't need any reason at all to do that.

It is intriguing that change of the trend happens right when the bug happens. I am saying nothing more. The reason for the price increase in fish MAY (stress in MAY) be related to the fact that most anglers who sell fish like to fish in Wrothgar. There is a reason for that, which is besides the point: a big part of the anglers like to fish in Wrothgar and not in other zones. May this trend increase be related to other factors? Sure thing. I was just pointing out the "coincidence" between the fishing bug and the trend change. No more, no less.
    Edited by xpolilla on September 3, 2021 3:30PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xpolilla wrote: »

I don't buy the idea that the bug has anything to do with it, because people can always fish in other zones. IMHO, anytime the price on something goes up at the guild traders, it's because the players who are selling it decided to raise their asking prices, and they don't need any reason at all to do that.

It is intriguing that change of the trend happens right when the bug happens. I am saying nothing more. The reason for the price increase in fish MAY (stress in MAY) be related to the fact that most anglers who sell fish like to fish in Wrothgar. There is a reason for that, which is besides the point: a big part of the anglers like to fish in Wrothgar and not in other zones. May this trend increase be related to other factors? Sure thing. I was just pointing out the "coincidence" between the fishing bug and the trend change. No more, no less.

Can you provide any factual numbers to support "the fact that most anglers who sell fish like to fish in Wrothgar"?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't fish, must fish...
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass
    Soul Shriven
    Sadly, I am also unable to fish in Wrothgar. very, very sad during event time :neutral:
  • ausmack2014
    ausmack2014
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to add to the list, I am unable to fish in Wrothgar. Tried logging on and off, made no difference.

Any idea when this issue will be fixed?

• GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to add to the list, I am unable to fish in Wrothgar. Tried logging on and off, made no difference.

Hoping it’ll be fixed on Tuesday. Jessica acknowledged it within hours of it being identified so they’ve had time to investigate it.
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    Incase anyone is wondering, this affects Stadia as well - likely as it also uses the PC servers.
    I, for one, enjoy fishing from my couch.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    JoDiMageio wrote: »
    I tried to fish last night and couldn't. Disappointing this is STILL not fixed, days after it was reported.

So many bugs reported during this event, and little to no acknowledgement that they've been seen (if so, it has taken days)

I dunno, Jessica replied pretty quickly to this thread - certainly on the same day.

She did her job, which (sincerely) is great; however, it's pretty unbelievable that almost two weeks later this has not been fixed.

It's a shame, I love fishing, I love Wrothgar, and it's a real waste that fishing has not been an option during the entire duration of the Wrothgar event. There's nothing better than catching a few fish while you're waiting for a boss to reappear.

ETA: maybe some people don't fish during an event. Personally, I like to multitask. If I can knock off a daily, dig for a couple of antiquities, and fish for a few minutes, all while I'm in the same scenic spot, that's a perfect hour of ESO for me. Having options taken off the table doesn't completely ruin the experience for me, but it makes it significantly less enjoyable and leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Which is not great, considering that over all lately, I find myself more and more weighing the costs vs. pleasures of ESO. I won't be quitting the game, but every step I take down that road brings me closer to the day when subscribing is no longer worth it.
    Edited by amapola76 on September 4, 2021 11:06PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't get the deal with fishing in Wrothgar. Actually.... I HATE fishing there. Regardless, you can fish just fine in Crag during this event, ain't?

Someone please explain to me why Wrothgar is the holy grail of fishing during this event?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect that not being able to fish in IC would also be problematic during this event, but that does seem to be working.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Bethgael
    Bethgael
    ✭✭✭
    Just quickly to add: the "can't fish" bug also affects fishing zones inside Wrothgar delves. Just in case that helps the investigation. :)
    Ingame ID: Bethgael PC NA/EU but mostly NA
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missy my fishy 😞
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder where that fish has gone.
    You did love it so. You looked after it like a son.
    And it went wherever I did go.
    Is it in the cupboard?
    Yes! Yes! No!...
    Wouldn't you like to know? It was a lovely little fish.
    It's behind the sofa!
    Where can that fish be?
    Have you thought of the drawers in the bureau?!
    It is a most elusive fish!
    Ooooh, fishy, fishy, fishy fish!
    A-fish, a-fish, a-fish, a-fishy, ooooh.
    Ooooh, fishy, fishy, fishy fish!
    That went wherever I did go.
    Look up his trunk!
    Yeah, it's hidden in his trousers!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xpolilla wrote: »

The increase in price might be linked to an increase in demand - with an event on that encourages killing bosses people might want to stock up on XP boosters.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Another disappointed with the lack of Wrothgar fishing for the event, I usually fish while waiting for the NYZ WB, could not and thought for some reason just those fishing holes were bugged. Sent the master fisher to investigate and could not fish any where in Wrothgar. I would have got my younger characters to try for that special fish for the rest of the event, have to wait till next time.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    I would have got my younger characters to try for that special fish for the rest of the event...

What special fish?
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would have got my younger characters to try for that special fish for the rest of the event...

What special fish?

The crab-slaughter-crane is a rare fish that earns you an achievement. It can only be found in Wrothgar.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

What special fish?

The crab-slaughter-crane is a rare fish that earns you an achievement. It can only be found in Wrothgar.

Oh right. I bumped into the person who tells you about it.

But it’s not an Orsinium Event-only fish?
  • Talmak
    Talmak
    ✭✭✭

Hoping it’ll be fixed on Tuesday. Jessica acknowledged it within hours of it being identified so they’ve had time to investigate it.

No Patch this week ... so
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talmak wrote: »

No Patch this week ... so

SEspwOw.png
  • bellablithely
    bellablithely
    ✭✭✭
    Can't fish in this zone either :( all other zones I tried seem to be working just fine though
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

What special fish?

Oh right. I bumped into the person who tells you about it.

But it’s not an Orsinium Event-only fish?

No, you can get it at any time, but I guess with the event a lot of people are wanting to fish for it while they're there.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't get the deal with fishing in Wrothgar. Actually.... I HATE fishing there. Regardless, you can fish just fine in Crag during this event, ain't?

Someone please explain to me why Wrothgar is the holy grail of fishing during this event?

I don't have any particular strategic reason for loving to fish there. It's mostly the atmospherics. I usually appreciate taking a mini break to enjoy the stillness and the cold and the ice while I'm fishing. Particularly since this event, like other Wrothgar events historically, is taking place during a major heat wave where I live. I enjoy the contrast; it's purely psychological, but it helps me to feel cooled off and refreshed in real life.

Plus there's the multitasking aspect. The bosses go down so quickly during events that you can find yourself standing around forever waiting for one to reappear and then get in enough shots to count, so fishing is a good way to kill the time.
    Edited by amapola76 on September 5, 2021 10:45PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »

I don't have any particular strategic reason for loving to fish there. It's mostly the atmospherics. I usually appreciate taking a mini break to enjoy the stillness and the cold and the ice while I'm fishing. Particularly since this event, like other Wrothgar events historically, is taking place during a major heat wave where I live. I enjoy the contrast; it's purely psychological, but it helps me to feel cooled off and refreshed in real life.

Plus there's the multitasking aspect. The bosses go down so quickly during events that you can find yourself standing around forever waiting for one to reappear and then get in enough shots to count, so fishing is a good way to kill the time.

Okay, I get your reasons. But I really hate that zone. So fishing there is nearly as annoying as fishing in Cyrodiil. Doing ANYTHING there is annoying.

Don't like orcs. Don't like the whole DLC. Major pita from my pov. I dislike Wrothgar only marginally less than I dislike Murkmire and Shadowfen.
  • jsarthur_ESO
    jsarthur_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Unable to fish Wrothgar, found this thread.
  • SekaiXD
    SekaiXD
    ✭✭
    Noticed I hadn't finished finding all the rare fish in Wrothgar, found I couldn't fish, then found this thread.

Any idea how long we will have to wait?
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SekaiXD wrote: »
    Noticed I hadn't finished finding all the rare fish in Wrothgar, found I couldn't fish, then found this thread.

Hopefully less than 24 hours. There’s a patch maintenance tomorrow.

Edited by GenjiraX on September 6, 2021 4:13PM
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SekaiXD wrote: »

Hopefully less than 24 hours. There’s a patch maintenance tomorrow.

Of course, by then the event will be over, and many of us won't be back in Wrothgar until next year's event. Such a fail.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I get your reasons. But I really hate that zone. So fishing there is nearly as annoying as fishing in Cyrodiil. Doing ANYTHING there is annoying.

Don't like orcs. Don't like the whole DLC. Major pita from my pov. I dislike Wrothgar only marginally less than I dislike Murkmire and Shadowfen.

I get that. Orcs are definitely not my favorite in general. But I enjoy the landscape of certain parts of the zone, and again, a lot of that comes back to the fact that I mostly seem to play in Wrothgar in the summer. Much like how I tend to particularly enjoy playing warm, beachy, sandy areas in January and February.

Now, Shadowfen, that's never really fun for me.
    Edited by amapola76 on September 6, 2021 5:45PM