The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does the game wants to make me feel like an idiot?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand wanting to make the dialogs easy to follow for everyone, but i agree.

My primary request would be to feel more like "I" am the hero, not the hired sword just following someone around. This could all be done with some simple dialog tweaks if nothing more.

Rather than:
    NPC- This guys bad and is going to blow up a puppy!
    Me- DUHHH what should we do???
    NPC- Lets go stop him!

How about:
    Me- ~Heroic Stance~ Than lets go stop him!!!
    NPC- YEAH! Lets go stop him!

A basic and silly example sure but i hope it gets the point across.

Yeah, it would be nice if ZOS considered offering dialogue options at some point. Some players really like feeling like they aren't some big name hero, while others want to be acknowledged as the Vestige. Me, I'd love the opportunity to respond to yet another villain monologue with "You do know this hasn't worked out well for any other villain, right?"

On the other hand, offering dialogue options like Fallout 4 or Swtor would be a big departure from ESO's previous content, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand wanting to make the dialogs easy to follow for everyone, but i agree.

My primary request would be to feel more like "I" am the hero, not the hired sword just following someone around. This could all be done with some simple dialog tweaks if nothing more.

Rather than:
    Me- DUHHH what should we do???
    NPC- Lets go stop him!

How about:
    Me- ~Heroic Stance~ Than lets go stop him!!!
    NPC- YEAH! Lets go stop him!

A basic and silly example sure but i hope it gets the point across.

Yeah, it would be nice if ZOS considered offering dialogue options at some point. Some players really like feeling like they aren't some big name hero, while others want to be acknowledged as the Vestige. Me, I'd love the opportunity to respond to yet another villain monologue with "You do know this hasn't worked out well for any other villain, right?"

On the other hand, offering dialogue options like Fallout 4 or Swtor would be a big departure from ESO's previous content, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Fallout 4 had dialogue options? Beyond yes, sarcastic yes, no but actually yes, and let me ask a question before yes.

SWTOR has great ones, though. There's also continuity and character recognition. NPC will know (or you can tell them) that yes you're that person who did those amazing feats and killed those people and things. To which they will've proper reaction, like awe or soiling themselves in fear.
    In ESO I've lost count how many "big bads" and their minions I've fought and then been told with the next one how I can't fight them, kill them, and/or how dangerous they are, while I just stand there like a lemon and let them monologue.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on July 23, 2021 5:40PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that a lot of the dialogue options make The Vestige seem a bit .... brainless at times?

I would like to see better options though. We've saved half of Tamriel by now, yet whenever we go to a new zone with a new chapter we are "literally who?" which can prove a bit irksome. And the ability to interrupt monologuing bad guys with snappier dialogue would be cool too.

I do like that we get referred to as "Mercenary" in Blackwood though as that's basically what The Vestige is, albeit one who has saved the world a lot.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    And whenever you think it could not become worse, you are really forced to ask what a witch pike does or you cant continue the quest .... during the final western skyrim quest :s . After having to deal with these things through the whole story.

Now I am in no mood to do the next main quest. Luckily there are other ways to entertain myself and one day maybe I will try the next dlc or find options.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And whenever you think it could not become worse, you are really forced to ask what a witch pike does or you cant continue the quest .... during the final western skyrim quest :s . After having to deal with these things through the whole story.

Yes! That bothered me so much in Greymoor!
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! It's been getting bad for a long time but Blackwood is especially atrocious - I am constantly being forced to ask the most obvious questions, often despite the fact that I'd already received the information!

Cases in point:

NPC: "You should ask Keshu Black Fin for help."

Quest update: speak to Eveli Sharp-Arrow

(to Eveli): "Do you have any idea who might help us?"

Eveli: "Oh yes! Keshu Black Fin!"

*I proceed to groan*

OR

*we arrive in a blasted land full of rocks and lava under a red sky, which we have visited before during the quest, and knowing that Mehrunes Dagon is the Big Bad and the Deadlands are his realm*

(to Eveli): "Any idea where we are?"

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

These are just two of the most recent examples that come to mind, but it's actually severely putting me off the questline in general.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! It's been getting bad for a long time but Blackwood is especially atrocious - I am constantly being forced to ask the most obvious questions, often despite the fact that I'd already received the information!

Cases in point:

NPC: "You should ask Keshu Black Fin for help."

Quest update: speak to Eveli Sharp-Arrow

(to Eveli): "Do you have any idea who might help us?"

Eveli: "Oh yes! Keshu Black Fin!"

*I proceed to groan*

OR

*we arrive in a blasted land full of rocks and lava under a red sky, which we have visited before during the quest, and knowing that Mehrunes Dagon is the Big Bad and the Deadlands are his realm*

(to Eveli): "Any idea where we are?"

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

These are just two of the most recent examples that come to mind, but it's actually severely putting me off the questline in general.

Ok, that sounds really bad, I would really like to ask the story writers why the quests had to be dumbed down that much? Becasue it kills the fun and it gives me the feeling the game does not want me to play it.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is always a certain amount of expository dialogue in RPGs because of the need to make players (especially new players) aware of things even when a character living within the setting would almost certainly already know, but it's becoming really over the top and cringe inducing in ESO now.

Blackwood, and Eveli's dialogue in particular, have really dialled this up to 11. As if I needed any more reasons to hate Eveli. ;)
    Edited by adriant1978 on August 1, 2021 3:49PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always a certain amount of expository dialogue in RPGs because of the need to make players (especially new players) aware of things even when a character living within the setting would almost certainly already know, but it's becoming really over the top and cringe inducing in ESO now.

Blackwood, and Eveli's dialogue in particular, have really dialled this up to 11. As if I needed any more reasons to hate Eveli. ;)

There are ways to make people aware of things without dumbing it down to oblivion. Example:
    "Any idea where we are?" - makes you sound like an idiot, especially since it is the same place few previous quests took in.
    "So, we are at the deadlands again" - conversation starter, opens a discussion about the place we are at without making you a complete idiot.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but had to necro this thread.
    Was truly hoping that these posts might be heard by the writing team, but sadly no.
    No spoilers, but did prologue quest in PTS.

NPC: Ok, we completed this. meet me at so & so and decide our next move.
    "Ports to meeting location."
    NPC: Good, you made it!
    Me: Why are we here?

Come on, really!!
    I am a TES Lore Nerd, I even stand around and listen to random NPC's conversations. Love the initial storylines.
    But it is getting continually worse with the redundant and some cases just silly dialogs we are getting.
    Yes, I know, "but returning players not knowing what's going on, etc".

Idea: How bout a actual journal associated with quest journal that answers those issues without our toon sounding like a complete moron.

Just my two drakes from a TES fan who loves the immersion and story telling. Please.
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was truly hoping that these posts might be heard by the writing team, but sadly no.

Come on, really!!
    I am a TES Lore Nerd, I even stand around and listen to random NPC's conversations. Love the initial storylines.
    But it is getting continually worse with the redundant and some cases just silly dialogs we are getting.

Idea: How bout a actual journal associated with quest journal that answers those issues without our toon sounding like a complete moron.

Just my two drakes from a TES fan who loves the immersion and story telling. Please.
    Huzzah!

Seriously?! This is the most disappointing news about the new chapter I've heard yet. It wil be so much fun feeling like an absolute idiot while trying to immerse myself in a story that's supposedly about political intrigue... NOT!
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Come on, really!!

Huzzah!

Seriously?! This is the most disappointing news about the new chapter I've heard yet. It wil be so much fun feeling like an absolute idiot while trying to immerse myself in a story that's supposedly about political intrigue... NOT!

Just a note. I only did just the prologue quest, so haven't explored the main story yet, so we still have hope!! Maybe?
    I was just kinda bummed to see this pop up so soon into new chapter. :(
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to listen to everything but I gave up it's just painful. Sometimes there's some really good conversations but 90% of it is just rediculous. Problem is you don't know going it what it will be.

I loved the cursed mead pub in cold harbor. That's my favorite quest in the game. But for every one of those there's like 30 that are just "omg this friggin npc...."
    Edited by worrallj on February 3, 2022 9:02PM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Blackwood was particularly atrocious like propertyOfUndefined said. Felt like the game was holding my hand through the whole questline and talking to me like I have a room temperature IQ. Keeping track of everything that was going on was just too much for me to handle on my own, so I need Eveli to do a recap after every singe thing happens. ESO is rated M for Mature, this ain't Sesame Street.

Not even Skyrim held my hand this much and Skyrim has a notorious reputation among long-time ES fans for treating the player like a child or an idiot.

I did it like a week ago and already can barely remember what happened. Something about some councilors of something getting killed by assassin's of something else. Mainly I remember a lot of running back and forth.
  • Whiskey_JG
    Whiskey_JG
    ✭✭✭
    yeah Blackwood totally killed my enjoyment of story telling in this game.

Thankfully that was restored by AROX THE MUTILATOR!

I enjoyed that npc so much I replayed the deadlands main quest on all my characters. Pity he was only turned into a housing companion and nothing more....
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    Those conversations are meant to serve as a recap of the previous quests, in case you left the questline half finished and revisited it months later.

Or they are meant to introduce lore concepts that might be difficult to new players.

If you know every plot point in the story, or you have read every wiki page... those dialogue options are not for you. You can just skip them.

No, in Blackwood you were forced to click them or the quest would not advance. It was horrible. I had to use my imagination and pretend the characters were talking about something else during those parts or pretend it didn't happen at all.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever a new DLC is released I listen to all dialogues and read all information but especially the last few DLC made me give up at some point because the story and dialogues became so bad that I started to click through the lines as fast as possible.

With high isle I once again will take my time with the quests and will hope that the story will be better this time.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Western Skyrim an early quest have Lyris sending you to check on Kilkreath Temple, which she talks a little about. Like how it's a temple of Meridia etc. On the way there you meet Fennorian, who also talks a bit about the temple and you mention you were going to warn the priests. Then with the third character you meet (this is all within a short period of time), who is a priest of Meridia, you go something like "What is the Kilkreath Temple?" 🤦

I think that's because you could have gone to Kilkreath Temple without having spoken with Lyris and Fennorian about it first, so to cover that possibility they added a dialogue option where you can ask about Kilkreath Temple.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mean the conversation options during main quests since southern elsweyr.

Almost every discussion I am forced to ask for the most obious things, the npc then explains to me. I get more and more the impression that if I would find someone dead, with a knife in his back, I would only have the option to ask "do you think the knife in his back caused his death?" and most likely the answer would be "that is very likely, you need to know that if you stab someone with a knife, he could die". ... aaaah :o

I know the options need to be limited because of voice acting and to not uneccesary extend the discussions but the quest before elsweyr did a better job, the situation had been explained without making me to feel like an idiot who needs to ask for even the most obvious answers.

I want the quest where you pick which clan was good to give a "both claimed credit" option.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I wonder if it's part of trying to make chapter maps also function as starter maps? They think they need to explain everything because the player might be brand new to the game.

But even then some of the things they have your character asking about aren't TES lore or game mechanics or anything which might need explaining and in some cases the answer has already been made clear earlier in the conversation.

One option of course is to not click on those options, but normally I like to ask all the questions to see what additional story or lore details might come up so it's frustrating to feel like my only choices are to act like an idiot or potentially miss out on interesting info.

Yeah, but even non-rpg games have options for the player to ask an NPC to explain or not.
    I know what ojel means, I know what xanmeers are, I played the murkmire expansion, but it's like my character completely forgot and still has to ask because it's the ONLY option we get.

I get that there's no role-playing in this role playing game in terms of story telling, but to completely eliminate player choices for non-impactful conversations is something I completely detested.
    It's hard to get immersed in the story due to the excessive ludonarrative dissonance (Molag Bal, a daedric prince, is as hard to defeat as a generic delve boss, but the dreugh in the end of fungal grotto I in normal mode is way harder and more frightening), but not even allowing us to be a jerk and tell eveli she looks bad in the dress even if it has no significant impact...
    Hell, There ARE recorded dialogues for players who are not part of the brotherhood...
    And yet, players who did join the guild are forced to confess to Eveli that you're part of the guild.
    Couldn't we simply get the dialogue choice to say it or not?

But the answer is no.
    Because the dialogue choices don't get picked based on your finished quests, but rather on your skill lines. It's a rather dumb way to verify it.
    I know this because my main character has NEVER done any thief's guild quests before, Quen is still in the outlaws refuge asking for help ever since. And yet, the ONE time I ever tried to open a trove, it turns out I COULD open it AND I got the skill line. This isn't a bad thing per-se, but consider that I was on my way to do the main quests from borderwatch in blackwood.

For those who haven't done that quest, you encounter lady twilight and seeks-the-shadows, apparently two characters from the original thief's guild questline.
    And the only choice I had was "I'm part of the guild, I've never heard of you before"

I get that people want casual gameplay, but that's no excuse for insultingly lazy dialogues.
    Story content is the huge majority of content in this game, and yet it's delivered so poorly and half-assed. Simply because all the effort goes into making character builds for dungeons and PvP (and they still break the game so not even THAT is well-made).

I don't expect oscar-winning dialogue, but giving us choice is even if it has no impact at all is something so basic, so simple, that could improve dialogue and story content a lot more, and yet we can't even have that.
  • Bethgael
    Bethgael
    ✭✭✭
    I do not disagree. It's almost like the Vestige lost a bit of... something when they were resurrected. In the, you know, brain area.

I remember reading, not that long ago, a thread that asked which of our ES "hero" characters would beat the others, or how they'd be ranked in terms of power from the Vestige, the Dragonborn, the HoC or the Nerevarine. Most agreed that the Vestige couldn't be, because while they are effectively immortal, story-wise they're apparently as dumb as a stump.

If the Breton storyline is as political and clever as the team seems to think it will be, well... I'm going to need a new character with a higher Int and perception score, if the past is any indication. ;)

ETA: I liked Eveli until she, also, seemed to take too many blows to the head and become the (movie) Legolas of story exposition.
    Edited by Bethgael on February 4, 2022 9:21AM
    Ingame ID: Bethgael PC NA/EU but mostly NA
  • ShalidorsHeir
    ShalidorsHeir
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Hi, i am an assassin of the morag tong ..." - seriously, an assassin would greet me like this?????
    "My family could fall into dishonor in case someone in this city is still alive" --> only dialog option you have: ""WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?" - ...... what the god damn hell, ZOS can you please address players who are not disabled as well? yes, they do exist ..... lost my [Snip] there on front of my PC and stopped questing nothern elsweyr 3 years ago and did not go on there so far :D seems like cyro rage whispers are better RP than questing in overland.

[Edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 4, 2022 1:39PM
    Eltrys Wolfszahn
    Julia Ansei at-Tava
    C H I M
    "Find a new hill, become a king"
  • Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    The story and new areas behind the upcoming chapter will be the one thing that would encourage me to buy it as I have little interest in the card game. But it is disappointing if early indications from the prologue quest are that the dialogues may be as dumbed-down as they have been over the past couple of years.

I am just finishing off Cadwell's Silver and I have noticed how many of the overland quests are all just variations of a few templates. Occasionally there is a quest line which I have thought has stood out.

There really is no excuse for sloppy story writing. Other games manage to have background stories and quest lines with depth and originality.
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing we should consider.

The Vestige is a Zombie, we died and got resurrected many times, I am sure some deaths were caused by head trauma. But we are still able to talk and mostly able to make our own decisions, so it's not really that bad.

What is bad, is that the Vestige is being abused by the npcs. Obviously they know we have some brain damage but still tell us to fight deadric princes who are powerful enough to destroy the world or send us into the most deadly caves while they stay in safety.

We are ESOs Forrest Gump, a nice but special person who somehow makes his/her way in this cruel world.
    Edited by Frogmother on February 4, 2022 2:40PM
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    "Hi, i am an assassin of the morag tong ..." - seriously, an assassin would greet me like this?????
    "My family could fall into dishonor in case someone in this city is still alive" --> only dialog option you have: ""WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?" - ...... what the god damn hell, ZOS can you please address players who are not disabled as well? yes, they do exist ..... lost my [Snip]there on front of my PC and stopped questing nothern elsweyr 3 years ago and did not go on there so far :D seems like cyro rage whispers are better RP than questing in overland.

So true...ESO represents itself as an MMO which strongests sides is story, quests, rpg elements.
    Writing wasn't that good from the begining, weaker than TES series, though you can expect it for side quests, it's mmo afterall, but main story? There is no choices in dialogues, no consequences only an urge to skip them as fast as I can and with each chapter characters, story\writing sadly becomes worse and worse and after finishing main quests, I always feel like I've eaten some garbage, seriously. Though I think that Morrowind\Summerset wasn't that bad, sometimes good even, but could be much more better.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 4, 2022 1:40PM
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the reasons I think giving the player an optional voice would be helpful is that it would allow significantly more involved player dialogue that isn't quite so stupid, so you'd end up with more natural conversations. It would allow the writers to elevate the quality of the writing.

If the player only "speaks" in text, everything they say has to be reduced to a digestible form. Otherwise players would spend all their time reading. Which is not to say that the writing quality hasn't been dropping (Greymoor, particularly, was plain bad). But there is a limit to how good it can get if player dialogue is limited to a line in a text box.

Edited by Northwold on February 4, 2022 1:11PM
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big True.

Original Planemeld Story was fantastic though.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Hello main character, we will sail to a breton island to dabble in politics"
    "How do I move forward?"
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lemonizzle wrote: »
    "Hello main character, we will sail to a breton island to dabble in politics"
    "How do I move forward?"

“Remind me, what’s a Breton again?” -Breton character
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I wonder if it's part of trying to make chapter maps also function as starter maps? They think they need to explain everything because the player might be brand new to the game.

But even then some of the things they have your character asking about aren't TES lore or game mechanics or anything which might need explaining and in some cases the answer has already been made clear earlier in the conversation.

One option of course is to not click on those options, but normally I like to ask all the questions to see what additional story or lore details might come up so it's frustrating to feel like my only choices are to act like an idiot or potentially miss out on interesting info.

Yeah, but even non-rpg games have options for the player to ask an NPC to explain or not.
    I know what ojel means, I know what xanmeers are, I played the murkmire expansion, but it's like my character completely forgot and still has to ask because it's the ONLY option we get.

I get that there's no role-playing in this role playing game in terms of story telling, but to completely eliminate player choices for non-impactful conversations is something I completely detested.
    It's hard to get immersed in the story due to the excessive ludonarrative dissonance (Molag Bal, a daedric prince, is as hard to defeat as a generic delve boss, but the dreugh in the end of fungal grotto I in normal mode is way harder and more frightening), but not even allowing us to be a jerk and tell eveli she looks bad in the dress even if it has no significant impact...
    Hell, There ARE recorded dialogues for players who are not part of the brotherhood...
    And yet, players who did join the guild are forced to confess to Eveli that you're part of the guild.
    Couldn't we simply get the dialogue choice to say it or not?

But the answer is no.
    Because the dialogue choices don't get picked based on your finished quests, but rather on your skill lines. It's a rather dumb way to verify it.
    I know this because my main character has NEVER done any thief's guild quests before, Quen is still in the outlaws refuge asking for help ever since. And yet, the ONE time I ever tried to open a trove, it turns out I COULD open it AND I got the skill line. This isn't a bad thing per-se, but consider that I was on my way to do the main quests from borderwatch in blackwood.

For those who haven't done that quest, you encounter lady twilight and seeks-the-shadows, apparently two characters from the original thief's guild questline.
    And the only choice I had was "I'm part of the guild, I've never heard of you before"

I get that people want casual gameplay, but that's no excuse for insultingly lazy dialogues.
    Story content is the huge majority of content in this game, and yet it's delivered so poorly and half-assed. Simply because all the effort goes into making character builds for dungeons and PvP (and they still break the game so not even THAT is well-made).

I don't expect oscar-winning dialogue, but giving us choice is even if it has no impact at all is something so basic, so simple, that could improve dialogue and story content a lot more, and yet we can't even have that.

So much this. More dialog options please!
    Also, I'm noticing that NPC's that we have had interactions in past don't know us.
    I was so hyped at launch and beta that I really liked the stories and dialogs. It seems like then that the dialogs would adapt to your choices and reflect interactions with NPS's.
    But now?? At one time, ESO had writers that worked for TSR writing D&D mods, which had some of the best writing in the whole genre, so what happened?
    Please ZoS! Just take notice that WE notice, and sorry, it feels lacking.
    My 2 drakes... Huzzah!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS