The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does the game wants to make me feel like an idiot?

• everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I replied in this thread sometime in July of 2021, i still stand by that but I've also come to notice something else.

Whats the point of even having the dialog "option" when there is usually no option, all you can do is basically one-click proceed or leave. Rarely there are multiple choices and sometimes, very rarely, an option that actually seems to have an actual choice.

I understand in a multiplayer online game they cant truly have game altering choices, but the wording could be better to fake choice from time to time. Even if just in the main quest line to add some "ooomf" to them and make the player feel more like they have ANY say in the actual outcome of things.

SWTOR i played for some time and the way the wording and stories were done i felt really made my character feel like he was the hero, in charge, making decisions which could alter outcomes, even though it was all word tricks in an MMO.

I fought Dagon, the NPC's repeatedly told me it was all me who gathered the forces, it could not have been done without me, one NPC thought i was SothaSil in disguise do to my might, another NPC said only 2 gods have done what i have done and people might begin to worship me!!!

Then Eveli makes the final speech to everyone?

After yet again saving all of the known world and every life in it, I'd like my character to maybe feel like a hero.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    Those conversations are meant to serve as a recap of the previous quests, in case you left the questline half finished and revisited it months later.

Or they are meant to introduce lore concepts that might be difficult to new players.

If you know every plot point in the story, or you have read every wiki page... those dialogue options are not for you. You can just skip them.

But you can't. You have to go through the entire convo line or that section is not marked complete and you can't continue. The 'recaps' also happen excessively often. I hadn't noticed it before blackwood but while I was doing that the second time around, I was going slower and taking it all in and wow. It got worse in Fargrave.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiskey_JG wrote: »
    yeah Blackwood totally killed my enjoyment of story telling in this game.

Thankfully that was restored by AROX THE MUTILATOR!

I enjoyed that npc so much I replayed the deadlands main quest on all my characters. Pity he was only turned into a housing companion and nothing more....

Arox is my new fave NPC, followed closely by Elam Draas and Xuthas
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can't get dialogue choices, can we at least get veteran story content? Not veteran overworld, just veteran story mode?
    If I can't feel like I'm playing a role playing game, could I at least be scared of the actual world-ending threats and solve the ludonarrative dissonance while we're at it?