The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playing as a BOSS or Major NPC as an award.

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Just thinking how fun it would be as a reward for slaying the most dragons or as emperor in PVP or as unique reward of some kind to be able to play as a World Boss, or a Dragon or a Delve Boss or maybe even a new type of boss in the future. Basically taking over the controls instead of letting the AI do the normal pathing and spells etc. It would not be a regular thing but something to shake things up for the players who are expecting things to be easy and instead the player could use all the mobs normal abilities but be able to block, dodge roll etc or even have a range they could roam instead of having to stay in one spot and wait for peeps to show up. I know it might cause grief for the roaming portion but it would make it fun!
Edited by Veinblood1965 on July 30, 2021 5:17PM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope bad idea
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...no thank you.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not interested in playing as one OP but this is what a makes the general forums interesting, ideas...the good bad or different...and tbh I don't think I've heard this one before, +1 insightful.
    Edited by Odovacar on July 30, 2021 5:47PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you're relegated to the same rules and attack patterns as a normal boss. And if you get taunted all your attacks go towards the person who taunted you like what would happen normally. It wouldn't be as fun as you think it'd be and the closest thing we have to being a boss monster is becoming Emperor. The Emperor skill line is seriously overloaded with power that turns you into a devastatingly powerful juggernaut on the field of battle.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Better Idea: Option to play as animals much like how you can be a monkey with the fan of false face, it would be like those plants from GTAV, you would not beable to do much but it could be fun for some people.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool, but I can't even see them trying to do this.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine trying to fight a boss when it was LoSing around trees and rocks like your typical 1vXer... No thanks.
    Playing since beta...
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I understood right, as a reward, someone could pvp as a boss no less, against pvers just doing their normal overland thing? NO THANKS I HATE IT
    Edited by Khenarthi on July 30, 2021 6:48PM
    PC-EU
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try pvping as some of troll builds
    Edited by TwinLamps on July 30, 2021 6:51PM
    Awake, but at what cost
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea ahahhaa would be great to get a random world boss from pve zones
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just for fun, this is interesting idea! :)
    If I would play as (for example) Dragon, first thing I would do: try to jump, dodge roll, sneak, block, bash - just to see if Dragon has any of those animations :D I would also try to jump from the high place - to see if Dragon takes fall damage. And of course, I would fly... Hmm, after trying all basic actions, I would most likely fly and roar non-stop <3
    Imagine trying to fight a boss when it was LoSing around trees and rocks like your typical 1vXer... No thanks.

That actually sounds so hilarious, I would love to participate in that! :D Can a Dragon take cover behind a tree?.. We would find out! :smiley:
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you want to play as a boss, in a game that has some really bad power creep? Do you just want to be melted? lmao
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BGs or something could probably have something like you drink a potion and become a Werewolf Behemoth for the entire match with all of the same buffs it has in stone garden and it becomes you versus everybody, if you get killed you drop a potion and whoever consumes it becomes a Werewolf Behemoth and when they die they drop a potion and this continues until there is one person left.

They have this entire playable form in that dungeon (Bit overpowered for traditional play) but it could be reworked for PvE purposes.

Ultimate Cost: 350

15k extra Health
    15k extra Stamina
    5k resistances
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on July 31, 2021 5:21PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs or something could probably have something like you drink a potion and become a Werewolf Behemoth for the entire match with all of the same buffs it has in stone garden and it becomes you versus everybody, if you get killed you drop a potion and whoever consumes it becomes a Werewolf Behemoth and when they die they drop a potion and this continues until there is one person left.

Would love this. At least it gives a purpose to the entire werewolf behemoth moveset they made to rot in a dungeon.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Only if you're relegated to the same rules and attack patterns as a normal boss. And if you get taunted all your attacks go towards the person who taunted you like what would happen normally. It wouldn't be as fun as you think it'd be and the closest thing we have to being a boss monster is becoming Emperor. The Emperor skill line is seriously overloaded with power that turns you into a devastatingly powerful juggernaut on the field of battle.

I agree with this sentiment. The "play as a boss" should by no means be "play as a god" which seems more the direction that is being suggested.

There is a game in early development that has tokens, think available via crowdfunding, that has the means to play as a boss. The game has not gotten to a point of testing that but I fully expect they will have the same similar restrictions of longer global CDs as well as skill CDs that bosses in games tend to have.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking how fun it would be as a reward for slaying the most dragons or as emperor in PVP or as unique reward of some kind to be able to play as a World Boss, or a Dragon or a Delve Boss or maybe even a new type of boss in the future. Basically taking over the controls instead of letting the AI do the normal pathing and spells etc. It would not be a regular thing but something to shake things up for the players who are expecting things to be easy and instead the player could use all the mobs normal abilities but be able to block, dodge roll etc or even have a range they could roam instead of having to stay in one spot and wait for peeps to show up. I know it might cause grief for the roaming portion but it would make it fun!

I'm sorry, I can't help reading this as "I want to be able to PvP against a bunch of PvErs and wreck them all."

This may be a mode that could be interesting in a BG-like environment as people above have said, but the instant that a player is controlling something that's fighting another player, this is a PvP thing. And based on the comments we get every MYM, forcing PvP onto the PvE players is a non-starter for a large portion of the community.
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember in EverQuest one there was a monster event were u would take control of random mobs and control them and being on one of the zex servers pvp open world no safe zones it was a blast. I remember being paranoid thinking that mob is moving not quiet right lol then getting attacked by a random beetle controlled by a player.
  • MagmaFerret
    MagmaFerret
    ✭✭
    For fun? It's an interesting idea.

In practice? It's a horrible idea. For the simple reason of this feature would be forcing PvE focused players to suddenly play what is essentially PvP.

Not to mention Conan Exiles basically already has this feature (the Avatars). Why do people keep posting in the ESO forums about how much they want this game to be more like another game?
    I'm sorry, I can't help reading this as "I want to be able to PvP against a bunch of PvErs and wreck them all."

This may be a mode that could be interesting in a BG-like environment as people above have said, but the instant that a player is controlling something that's fighting another player, this is a PvP thing. And based on the comments we get every MYM, forcing PvP onto the PvE players is a non-starter for a large portion of the community.

^^^ My sentiments as well right here.

Not only is forcing PvE players into PvP content a non-starter, it's a consent issue. Players need to agree to Duel, and there's nothing more annoying than being spammed with Duel requests by a PvP obsessed player. Zenimax doesn't want to force PvP onto anyone. That's why you have Battlegrounds, have to request Duels, and can auto-decline Duel requests.

And I also agree that this would be 100x better as a Battlegrounds mode, not a main game feature. Something like Dead by Daylight, where one player controls a Boss Monster, and the other players get points by surviving and dealing damage to the Boss.
    ...but something to shake things up for the players who are expecting things to be easy and instead the player could use all the mobs normal abilities but be able to block, dodge roll etc or even have a range they could roam instead of having to stay in one spot and wait for peeps to show up. I know it might cause grief for the roaming portion but it would make it fun!

Congrats also, OP, for being super condescending to PvE focused players. There's a reason that not every single gamer plays Fortnight, or League of Legends. Not everyone enjoys PvP. Not everyone can handle PvP. You even knew that this idea would cause grief. If it would cause grief, then maybe the idea isn't that great.

And no, it would not "make it fun". It would isolate the PvE players, the Casuals, and the New players. It would basically isolate and drive away about 80% of the player base, all to satisfy the 5-10% who want more PvP.