The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Describe the House You Want Most

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So, for me, there are two houses I really want.

1. A ship! Not the disaster that is the Aldermeri Grotto. I would like a Breton ship similar to the one that is part of a quest in Evermore in Bangkorai. I want walls and doorways that work in it so I can divide it up as I please. This ship should be on the sea and NOT in a cave! No wrecks around it. It should be moored in a cove of a small island that can be built on like Moonsugar Meadow. A cave on the island for storing your pirate treasure would be great! 24 players/700 item slots a must!

2. A castle. One with a family crypt and graveyard. I'd love an updated Breton style much like the Blue Palace in Greymoor. I'd like proper fences and gateways like you see all over the Covenant in graveyards. The tombstones in the furnished version need to be furnishing items we can pick up and place where we like. The family crypt should have a lower level and be fairly expansive. The castle itself does not need to be as big as the Daggerfall Overlook but it should definitely have a better, more logical floorplan. And beautiful stained glass windows that, if we want, we can cover with the red windows in the Antiquities collections. So they should be the same shape and size. 24 players/700 item slots a must!

And, as always, I want a day/night toggle!

I’d love an empty plot of land, set in Glenumbra, Stormhaven, Bangkorai, Betnikh, or Blackwood. Have ZOS give us the base game/updated Breton and Stone Imperial architectural pieces (including the stained glass windows) and leave me to it. Also a Day/Night toggle, Weather Toggle, the base game furnishings like chicken coops, stables, personal and lived in knick-knacks, and that’s about it tbh. Wouldn’t mind more variety of houseguests and some new flora, but I’d be content with that.

I’d also like to add I’d love to see the brick texture these houses use in Leyawiin, as well as more Aedric/humble looking furnishings. Also ZOS seems to be using a new candle model in Blackwood?

I'd REALLY love buildable land in Rivenspire...if only they gave us the means to REALLY build there!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I really love Southern Elsweyr unfortunately Potentate's retreat is too expensive and while I like the outside of Lucky Cat Landing the inside is goofy. I'd like something a medium sized and not goofy but with a nice largish courtyard in Southern Elsweyr.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a simple Breton house in Evermore; currently if you want to live in Northern Bangkorai or Wrothgar, ya gotta go orc or gtfo. Its not enough that they gave half of the province to the pig children, even what remains of their own lands are being bought out by these over-enfranchised, aggressive, mud-swilling barbarians, it seems! King Emeric is an incompetent, pig-loving ass, and he's sold our heritage out to the pigsty!!

I guess this is one amongst many requests from people (including in this thread) who would love to have a place in Tamriel they find special to them. I always find it endearing to see that even older content like base-game zones or Artaeum have people who would have their own little piece of Tamriel in it. Credit to the world-builders for creating something we want to be part of btw! I guess these sorts of requests might be more difficult to meet due to how idiosyncratic they are. Here's hoping they find a way to do it one day!

As for other ideas: We don't have any Nedic- architecture homes, but that style really does look amazing and evocative. Perhaps we could extrapolate from the lore we found in Skyreach and get The Forest King's Fortress - a "blank slate" landscape with elements of Nedic ruined towers in the Jerall mountains near to Falkreath. Maybe with a lost Nedic observatory or primitive orrery as a feature. I'd have fun turning that into a Reachman camp or bandit stronghold, but there's a lot you could do with it! But because the Nedes were pretty widespread, you could put underground structures anywhere in Nibenay - having strongholds of the lost Al-Gemha, Kothringi Redoubts in Blackwood, or the silent city of the Men of Ghe, which was raided by Ayleids for sacrifices to their insect gods.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The house I'd want most has to be a tie between a Ceporah Tower Mage's Study & a larger home in Vivec City.

I absolutely love the mysterious otherworldly feel of Ceporah Tower's interior, I find it just as stunning as Artaeum's outside. I'd love to have a study just like Valsirenn, Iachesis & Sotha Sil have. It's one of my absolute all time favorite TES locations and would really complete vibes of properly joining the Psijic Order that Zenimax set us out on back during Summerset's reveal.
    9vp3s5gvzfo8.png
    7om4hhq79lde.png
    qqqg03s9udyw.png

As for the Vivec City home, I've actually made a thread on this one stating my wishes in detail. But in summary, it's just an iconic location, with an incredibly unique style not found anywhere else in Tamriel, and currently the only home available in that style is a tiny single room inn burdened by a furniture cap of 30 furnishings MAX.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/563689/a-new-vivec-city-home-suggestion-saint-olms-canal-house
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    A better Ship!

I have been wanting a ship house since housing released and was incredibly disappointed with aldmeri grotto. We haven't gotten a ship since. I don't like how the focus feels more on the giant cave and not on the ship itself. I also don't like the elven theme of the ship.

I would prefer it to be at sea or at least moored at sea with a smaller cave/hideout area you could run/swim to on shore. The cave just feels super restrictive and not very piratey.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    A cottage or log cabin, much like Old Mistveil (But with an updated look and textures, and a different layout interior) that has a porch and balcony overlooking a lake, out in a serene misty forest with tall pine trees and a dirt path leading from the entrance to the home. A structure that you would expect to see at the end of a mountain trail where people irl would vacation or stay in.

A Telvanni home that has the round doors and black brick walls, as seen in Sadrith Mora. With the wraparound stone stairs, the round windows, and floors and platforms carved out of stone.

An Alinor stone cottage like you’d see out in Summerset’s fields. White and gray stone with blue roofs and a small little garden with wrapping stone walls. Or an Alinor tower, one of those locked ones that we can never seem to get inside. Just, something Summerset. I want more homes from there. I want to go back there.

An updated Breton home that could be a cottage out in the woods, with flowers and see-through latticed windows and white walls and a surrounding forest, perhaps a little river stream where the person could take their water bucket, or fish. Perhaps with a little water mill included. Something small an quaint and medieval and lovely but with enough slots to dedicate to detail, instead of it falling flat due to lack of slots like Lucky Cat did. I swear I’d pay serious money to get something like this.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want more normal houses - medium sized, with normal, practical rooms and some garden area. Located in main cities of Tamriel and buyable by game gold, not crowns :P
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • korbel05
    korbel05
    Medium Xanmeer (aroud Lucky cat Landing size) without unremovable rubble, with decent courtyard and some natural lighting inside like Xanmeer manor has from magical lake windows.

And it need to have symetric doors and walls, not like Lucky cat Landing which is terrible in this.

If I could build some stables for my guar, it would be even better.

I would pay alot of real money to get something like this.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a few years now we see that ZOS mostly releases huge manors/castles/ruins which are too large to be practical for anything. Some new additions are the size of a public dungeon or a city (Panterfang). Most of these look great but there isn't much to do in a huge manor other than exploring once or twice.

1st of all, I would like more structural furnishings, ones that actually fit and are enough to build houses or structures properly. I mean, we need windows, ladders, stairs, floor platforms, ceiling tiles, roof and related structures. Why give us a tower piece when there are almost no matching structures to use it? Ofc I would like to make a castle with ramparts and everything, but the assets used in the game for this are not in the furnishing list (some are, but you get my point).

2nd, my dream house is more in the medium sized category. Summerset has one of the most beautiful country side houses. It has been requested many times. Also, Leyawiin has some nice medium houses, but we got only large ones.

3rd, I don't like instanced areas in houses. Not since we got interactive doors and more structural items. I like how they did it with the Orsinium forge house. That would have been perfect with an interactive door (which I am not sure was added later).

4th, I love houses that are placed in a courtyard. I don't like the fact that the Alinor house has its courtayard in the back. Next, in my preference a house should have a basement and at least one floor.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    definetly more houses in the 200-600 slot range.
    It seems that we get a lots of 700 slot house which are all really beautiful but quite an investment, time wise and ressource wise.

The most fun decorating i had was with Autumns gate, Kragenhome and Snugpod.
    i actually dont know if i have any 400 slots homes that i find appealing atm. we definetly could use some more of them.
    Theres this little cabin near Dragonbridge wayshrine in Western Skyrim which i would love as a player house, it would be lovely to decorate with 400 slots.
    One of the smaller houses in Balmora....!
    a small 200 house in Blackwood would be nice too, maybe one in the style of Farmers Nook, i need more small cozy houses. I could also imagine a small Argonian House in Blackwood. These reed huts on stilts would be nice. Apart from Topal Hideway all other Argonian houses are muddy or very stoney..

and I can never have enough houses in Stonefalls or Deshaan, and i NEEEEEEED those beautiful mushrooms that grow there, not the fleshy low textured ones we can get from vendor in Vvardenfell.

I would also not mind smaller delve style plots, i especially adore the design in Auridon with some cracks in the rocky ceiling to let the overland sun in.

but yeah... more smaller houses. We have too many 700 slot houses.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d love to have more houses in Craglorn.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

For me it's Southern Elsweyr. I love that place but one house is so expensive and the other is odd. I'd like to have one not in the Khajiit style
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! But I reallllly want Rivenspire houses!

• Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like you're being facetious cause there's already a whole bunch but even so; yes! Especially Upper Craglorn. Bring it.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    A regular house with bedrooms, a kitchen, living room a decent backyard and front yard. Something I can decorate properly

This so much. My dream house would have ROOMS, not spaces that I have to just plop stuff down and imagine that the space I have sectioned off as a bedroom is good enough.

Some outside for a garden and stable.

My dream house would be one that I can convert into an inn. Several small rooms to rent out, a large dining area. A separate kitchen and a separate larder or storage.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a dedicated Wizard's Tower or Manor. But not Tel Galen where all the stone is covered in fungus. But something that when you see it just looks...Arcane. I don't know how else to describe it. Something that looks like the inside of the Seporah Tower, and the outside is dark stone with a pointy roofs.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    A spooky castle above ground similar to Castle Thorn. The one in Blackreach was just underwhelming for some reason. :/
    This 100%
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want another eerie castle. But I want it above ground like castle thorn or the zenithar abbey public dungeon castle. I want fog and broken down look that feels old and spooky as well as evil. Something that looks like Dracula’s castle. I think bastion is super awesome but to me it looks like a castle outside but inside it doesn’t feel like it. I want something like the pantherfang chapel but with a castle thorn touch. That would be cool if they added a wing of castle thorn as a house or just made it’s own separate castle.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A medium size house with a manor furniture limit. This can be done in a similar way as it is done in Hall of the Lunar Champion - you can section off different parts of the house by disabling portals.

As for the theme, I would like to have either smaller undestroyed Argonian Xanamer or Murkmire style wooden hut, something like Marshland Market in Lilmoth city with a small/tiny outside area.

Btw. I guess all fans of Argonian lore can be kinda disappointed since we did not got any new Argonina - themed houses with new Blackwood zone... I mean the zone is Argonian themed, but has not Argonian themed houses...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 22, 2021 8:45AM
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a house in Evergloam. Preferably a medium-large sized house with plenty of spaces for pumpkin patches and crow-friends.

Also, maybe a glacier castle kind of like Castle Kharstag.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a house in Evergloam. Preferably a medium-large sized house with plenty of spaces for pumpkin patches and crow-friends.

Also, maybe a glacier castle kind of like Castle Kharstag.

That is the one daedric realm I want most. I'd be happy with a buildable lot like Moonsugar Meadow. No scarecrows but some placeable murders of crows and some placeable individual crows (which would be awesome couple with the new crow banker and merchant) would make me REALLY happy.

• HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A countryside home/farmhouse in Summerset. Something with that grey side brick and brown wood interior. I like the vineyard feel for the Summerset landscape and would like my own farm house for it.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A countryside home/farmhouse in Summerset. Something with that grey side brick and brown wood interior. I like the vineyard feel for the Summerset landscape and would like my own farm house for it.

I am still astonished they haven't put out a vineyard house for Summerset exactly as you describe. So many people want it! For the various chapter anniversaries and special events they really should consider adding such houses to them. It's cheap and easy for them and they would be showing that they are finally listening to the player base.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's fairly simple: Take the terrain from Forgemaster Falls, but put it right down in the southwestern corner of Southern Elseweyr (as close to where Torval would be as possible, but on the coast) and replace the 3 buildings with 1 house, roughly where the house is in Forgemaster's. Preferably using a building style which doesn't look like everything needs to be scrubbed, disinfected and repaired before it would be habitable.

I don't know if it will ever happen, but if they put a small/medium sized house with plenty of outdoor space and water deep and wide enough for swimming in that area, priced similarly to Forgemaster Falls, I'd buy it instantly.

The Antiquarian's Gallery is close apart from being in entirely the wrong part of the world (close enough that I'm glad I didn't buy Forgemaster's) and the upcoming house on the border between Blackwood and Elseweyr is even closer but I'm not a fan of the covered walkways around the courtyard or the size of the house and I actually think they've over done the water features a bit. (Plus it's on the wrong side of Elseweyr for me.)

But basically something with a relatively small house, but one with a few distinct rooms rather than one big interior space I have to waste furnishing slots seperating into rooms (and one which doesn't look like a ruin!) and then lots of outdoor space which is not heavily landscaped and/or paved already.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asked about underwater house and ZOS created it... Coincidence, but beautiful one. I checked tour video from pts and this is fantastic house. Thank you, housing team!!!
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A magical world with placeable sheet glass, placeable soil and placeable water, that can block out the weather outside, and looks a lot like Pariah's Pinnacle.
    Edited by Northwold on February 2, 2022 3:44PM
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    A modest house in Sadrith Mora, like Sun-In-Shadow's home. That way Telvanni players have a place to live in-between when Tel Galen is available.

Or they could just make Tel Galen a permanent addition to the Crown Store...
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A modest house in Sadrith Mora, like Sun-In-Shadow's home. That way Telvanni players have a place to live in-between when Tel Galen is available.

Or they could just make Tel Galen a permanent addition to the Crown Store...

I’ve been wanting Sun-In-Shadow’s house ever since I did that quest in Vvardenfell. It’s got so much more character than Tel Galen.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Taris
    Taris
    ✭✭
    Mine would be fitting for the background story of my high elf (with ayleid ancestry):
    An ayleid clan that returned to summerset after the Narfinsel Schism and settled on one of the larger islands of the summerset archipelago.

So it would be something like a combination of Summerset biome with an intact Ayleid architecture on the coast.

Edited by Taris on February 3, 2022 3:18PM
  • Cheyenne
    Cheyenne
    ✭✭✭
    Medium-size wooden cabin or cottage (with no parts of it in disrepair like so many others) on a plot of flat land where I can put in a garden and have some farm animals around.