The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Describe the House You Want Most

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Keep in mind that ZOS has told us we will never get improvements on item slots or number of players in a house. With those set in stone restrictions in mind, describe the house you want most.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, for me, there are two houses I really want.

1. A ship! Not the disaster that is the Aldermeri Grotto. I would like a Breton ship similar to the one that is part of a quest in Evermore in Bangkorai. I want walls and doorways that work in it so I can divide it up as I please. This ship should be on the sea and NOT in a cave! No wrecks around it. It should be moored in a cove of a small island that can be built on like Moonsugar Meadow. A cave on the island for storing your pirate treasure would be great! 24 players/700 item slots a must!

2. A castle. One with a family crypt and graveyard. I'd love an updated Breton style much like the Blue Palace in Greymoor. I'd like proper fences and gateways like you see all over the Covenant in graveyards. The tombstones in the furnished version need to be furnishing items we can pick up and place where we like. The family crypt should have a lower level and be fairly expansive. The castle itself does not need to be as big as the Daggerfall Overlook but it should definitely have a better, more logical floorplan. And beautiful stained glass windows that, if we want, we can cover with the red windows in the Antiquities collections. So they should be the same shape and size. 24 players/700 item slots a must!

And, as always, I want a day/night toggle!

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A medium-sized house with an adjacent garden/conservatory, similar to the ones we see in summerset, but in a more rustic, farm style. And the ability to get water bodies as furnishings, so we can build our own sprinds, ponds, etc., as well as wooden railings, stairs, window panes, to complete our little cottage.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small village surrounded by fields. A few houses, an inn, imagine a smaller Riverwood from Skyrim.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • dvcod
    dvcod
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Bleakrock Isle restored and have them offer a medium size cabin near the wayshyrine. I love Bleakrock and would love to have it restored as it was and live there.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the house i want:
    one room, underground, hidden entrance house please.
    my wife and i live a life of stealing and killing for the dark brotherhood and thieves guild.
    our lifestyle is spent 100% of the time in sneak and hiding, so we need a home that is hidden away from the law, guards, and people.
    so we ask, please give us a small hidden trap door [placed on the edge of town, under the bushes] that leads to a small 1 or 2 room cave with wood walls and floor for me and the wife would be Perfect!
    i don't want a huge house and something small is affordable for my wife and i because we spend all our time in pvp means we only have around maybe 50 to 100,000 to spend, [not millions, like for the large houses]
    me and my wife's lifestyle in eso fits perfectly in a very small underground hidden home.
    thank you for reading this message.
    located on the edge of town in preferably "Balmora" Vvardenfell location.
    if Vvardenfell cannot be had right now then i prefer Dahlmora edge of town in Bal foyen

VietnamCuChiTunnelstrapopen.jpg
    just like this ^
    but hiden in the bushes so is a bit more hidden, and not out in the open.

AH-entryhall.jpg

43134-2-1402025202.jpg
    Edited by Gilvoth on July 9, 2021 12:40AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a house with multiple instanced rooms or areas. Each has a furniture limit that is independent of the others.

Yes, I will put up with Load Screens for that.

OK, I will quit fantasizing about the rich super model who has a fleet of super cars with a racetrack to drive them on.

How about a Townhouse, with a Rooftop Garden area. Most, if not all the homes in town have no outside place to put shrubberies.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a more elaborated Bosmer-home, on a tree, high above the ground with multiple rooms. And especially there is a need for better Bosmer-furnishings.There are so many nice things you can carve out from bones/ivory, but all we have is this, um, rather boring stuff from the base game.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A regular house with bedrooms, a kitchen, living room a decent backyard and front yard. Something I can decorate properly
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A regular house with bedrooms, a kitchen, living room a decent backyard and front yard. Something I can decorate properly

Yes! Wouldn't a normal house be lovely? I have begun to think the design team for housing has never seen a floorplan in their lives, either modern or historical.

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric dungeon/castle.
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    The homes I want are not homes. I would like more plots of land to build my own. <3
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want more versatile building materials.

I would love to hear the logic behind the design of most of the structural stuff because a lot of it feels like a cruel joke. There's so much weird shading that ends up adding annoying patterns to things that I try to build. We've got no windows and only a handful of doors, none of which have doorframes that actually fit. Things that *should* match (some of the Alinor stuff) don't, and I don't understand the need to add all of these imperfections to so many furnishings- rugs are worn, table runners are wrinkled, beds are rumpled, and for whatever reason we've now got piles of clothing and used socks.

Just... why. The stuff that actually works for builds (the Alinor walls) are so small that trying to build anything large eats up all of my furnishing slots far too quickly.

ZOS halp.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a lakeside cottage with a proper layout.

I want a tropical home

I want a market area with multiple stalls and a town hall
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like a medium to small house with a HUGE courtyard that wraps around the whole house, with doors opening to front and back but classified as Large. That way I could have a decently decorated house and still have tons of slots left to play with the courtyard.

I'd like to be able to move all the rocks/mushrooms/ trees anything that they consider landscape that I don't like. I'd like to be able to add ponds. I know fish are a lot to ask but some nice goldfish would be awesome. I'd like it to come with a huge water feature, not quite as big as Potentate's Retreat but good size.

I'd like windows like The Grand Psijic Villa. It has the most awesome windows that actually let light in.

Also lots and lots of good lighting.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A spooky castle above ground similar to Castle Thorn. The one in Blackreach was just underwhelming for some reason. :/
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather thy just increase all classic homes to the 700 item cap!
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A large garden where the furnished version means it comes with a lot of colorful flowers and new bushes/vines/trees. Basically, just land and more gorgeous flowering plants. And some flowing water.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Keep in mind that ZOS has told us we will never get improvements on item slots or number of players in a house. With those set in stone restrictions in mind, describe the house you want most.

OOOOOH really? I never saw that! Where did you read this?
    Describe the House You Want Most

I'm all about the world's character and exploration. Give me an ancient Direnni Sorcerer's Tower High in the Druadachs on the borders of High Rock and Skyrim, or a Dunmeri tower fortress in the Velothis between Skyrim and Morrowind. Maybe it could be carved into the very mountain stone? If its near High Rock, it could be an Alinor style tower, maybe Nedic, or even just plain Breton. Or if Dunmer, make it in the old Velothi style.

Give me amazing views of both provinces from high windows or even the battlements. Give me a basement where I can store my treasures and an ancient donjon where once disobedient Nedic chatel were held. A vaulting gallery library or grand council audience hall. An arcaneum with a summoning circle where I can bargain with daedric entities and summon flame atronach guardians. And portals to various daedric realms. Additional chambers for apprentices or visitors, chironasium for enchanting, magical alchemical garden and lab, or a plush and exotic sleeping quarters. Give me functioning exits to both provinces so it can feel like a real part of Tamriel.

This is the sort of place I would make a home for my character.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    The homes I want are not homes. I would like more plots of land to build my own. <3

Last time we were asked to dream I said I wanted to be able to build a home (or camp) here.

GFu0rSf.jpg

ldN3ZhE.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OOOOOH really? I never saw that! Where did you read this?

Read it and weep.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update/p1

• Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely missed this, thanks for posting!
    We still have a lot of work left on the performance front and when it’s completed, we will reevaluate to see if we can increase the furnishing limits.

That's definitely not *never*.

Actually an interesting post, btw. A rare level of sincerity.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A house where the 700 limit is enough. I.e. medium size, but max slots. They don’t have to change any existing homes, just add the new ones to that formula.

Continue adding composite furnishings, like filled bookcases, so we can better fill the existing ones.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely missed this, thanks for posting!
    We still have a lot of work left on the performance front and when it’s completed, we will reevaluate to see if we can increase the furnishing limits.

That's definitely not *never*.

Actually an interesting post, btw. A rare level of sincerity.

Note the date of the original post (Feb of 2020) and the fact that they have utterly ignored that thread since. I believe that improving player housing is so far down on their list of priorities that "the first of Never" is very probably an accurate date.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is a wonderful thread!

1-A ship. Frankly you could take the floorplan of "The Prowler", park it in a bit of a cove somewhere and I would be so happy.

2-A cave. Old mine. ideally one largish room, and then maybe twisty caves to two others. Places where I could plop glowing lichen.

3-A plot of land. Could be an island, or even one of those mushroom shaped "things" up in post #20. Basically something the side of the land of the Ample Domicile but nothing on it but rock or a few stones or bits of plan. Somewhere I can use all these tents. Oh, and something to make it not rain inside the tents.

4-A tower. Basically some sort of copy of any number of the "semi-ruined" towers, with a spiral stair, a bottom level, maybe two "rooms" (floors) as we go up and then some kind of top that shows a nifty view. And the "super" version of this would have a basement/dungeon.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A nice big level clearing in the middle of thick tropical jungle, with no unmoveable rocks or trees in the way.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still want a small house (like Sun-In-Shadow’s) in Sadrith Mora. Either the same floor plan with upstairs and downstairs, could be slightly larger with a couple more rooms but not huge. Also able to be purchased with gold.

I want somewhere to decorate with Telvanni style that is not the ugly mushroom tower. Those lovely little mushroom homes with the stacked stone entrances are so charming because they don’t have so much mushroom.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Imperial1995
    Imperial1995
    ✭✭✭
    So, for me, there are two houses I really want.

1. A ship! Not the disaster that is the Aldermeri Grotto. I would like a Breton ship similar to the one that is part of a quest in Evermore in Bangkorai. I want walls and doorways that work in it so I can divide it up as I please. This ship should be on the sea and NOT in a cave! No wrecks around it. It should be moored in a cove of a small island that can be built on like Moonsugar Meadow. A cave on the island for storing your pirate treasure would be great! 24 players/700 item slots a must!

2. A castle. One with a family crypt and graveyard. I'd love an updated Breton style much like the Blue Palace in Greymoor. I'd like proper fences and gateways like you see all over the Covenant in graveyards. The tombstones in the furnished version need to be furnishing items we can pick up and place where we like. The family crypt should have a lower level and be fairly expansive. The castle itself does not need to be as big as the Daggerfall Overlook but it should definitely have a better, more logical floorplan. And beautiful stained glass windows that, if we want, we can cover with the red windows in the Antiquities collections. So they should be the same shape and size. 24 players/700 item slots a must!

And, as always, I want a day/night toggle!

I’d love an empty plot of land, set in Glenumbra, Stormhaven, Bangkorai, Betnikh, or Blackwood. Have ZOS give us the base game/updated Breton and Stone Imperial architectural pieces (including the stained glass windows) and leave me to it. Also a Day/Night toggle, Weather Toggle, the base game furnishings like chicken coops, stables, personal and lived in knick-knacks, and that’s about it tbh. Wouldn’t mind more variety of houseguests and some new flora, but I’d be content with that.

I’d also like to add I’d love to see the brick texture these houses use in Leyawiin, as well as more Aedric/humble looking furnishings. Also ZOS seems to be using a new candle model in Blackwood?
    Edited by Imperial1995 on July 12, 2021 5:32AM
  • VikkiVonTraxx
    VikkiVonTraxx
    ✭✭✭
    A new daedric plan! Or another out-of-time plan like arteum :D

Apocrypha will be perfect........
    Edited by VikkiVonTraxx on July 12, 2021 11:58AM
  • Tyrvarion
    Tyrvarion
    ✭✭✭
    I wish for few medium sized houses that would be possble to fill unlike the gargantuan houses that have only 700 slots for the area that often requires almost twice as much to make them feel full.

1)Rural-area summerset house. The house in Alinor style but resembling more the more cozy rural homes rather than the mixture of marble and black wood that is typical for the bigger cities.

2) Reed Argonian House akin to the ones in Lilmoth and Broght Throat village in Murkmire. The mudhouses from basegame are not appealing and Xanmeer while pretty seems way too big.

3) A small-medium sized wooden house in either Morthal or Karthwasten

4) A room in the Ceporah Tower in Artaeum, in the Psijic style rather than Alinor style Grand Psijic villa
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Menwendel's Nursery near Tel Mora. Fantastic place!

And underwater cave house somewhere in Summerset.