The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Describe the House You Want Most

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More emply planes
    they create wonderful empy open spaces and playes often do wonders with them i was gutted we didnt get one for blackwood
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    More emply planes
    they create wonderful empy open spaces and playes often do wonders with them i was gutted we didnt get one for blackwood
    I want more DIY lands too. I'm hoping for a beachfront one with High Isle.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    More emply planes

I like the concept, would love a mountain ringed pine forest for my own tastes BUT if they begin to add more of these i would ask for buildings as well.

You buy an "open space" house and spend 400 slots just building the structures with little left to decorate. Imagine a selection of a half dozen buildings (like the greenhouse and windmill). Plunk plunk plunk you have an Inn, a Stable, a guardhouse, a store, a home, whatever using 1 slot... then you can decorate the empty building. You could build an entire town with 10 slots and then get to decorate it.

If they can add the greenhouse, couldn't it be re-skinned into any other building with no additional "asset cost" or whatever. Even the windmill must cost more as it moves.

Incentive? (of course not the preferred method, but incentive it would be) Make building packs of different races/architecture and sell them on the crown store. I would have to guarantee if they offered these sorts of "open zone" houses and these sorts of building packs, a ton of housing enthusiasts would invest the money.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    A place out of time withe the style of the ceporah tower.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mountain top nord home with sweeping views.

The “enchanted snow globe” lighthouse, but actually on a shore.

The ship from the aldemeri grotto, but out at sea and sailing.

A small house in a quiet out of the way hamlet.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Towers - one basically a copy of the infinite number of ruined towers in the game, but with a roof or an ability to make one

Another basically a hollow giant mushroom, but based on the aforementioned tower
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second the tower idea. I want an elven styled wizards tower and towers from other styles in the game. Not ruins (sorry, I was so excited about Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm only to discover it was mostly ruins). I would love complete towers there are also furnishings that we can place wherever we want, or build larger structures with, but that could be the sole structure if all we wanted was a tower. I also like that little tower in Wayrest where the alchemy and enchanting stations are, I’d love to be able to place that somewhere. It’s a shame that structure pieces take up our valuable slots, I recently built a pretty large structure in Dunchar and hardly had any slots left to use for decorating it. A structure built by ZOS doesn’t use the slots 🙂
  • Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭
    Saw someone else say this, but I'll second (third?) the notion:

Literally a ship in the ocean--not the Grotto, just a ship and some waters. That's all. Don't care what ocean, don't care what type of boat. If I had to pick, I'd want one of the massive Redguard ships like from Abah's Landing, but I'll take any ship, and I accept the inevitable slaughterfish that come with it.

Other than that, I just want the older homes to get their invisible boundaries reworked. I like a lot of houses in the game, but the inability to build upward or onto certain rooftops is an absolute deal-breaker, every time.
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:
    -Winterhold [In all of its still-standing, pre-sunken, "rivaling Solitude" glory!]
    -Frost class/skill line [Wardens count!]
    -Unarmed/monk class or skill line
    -Polearms/spears skill line [Aedric Spear counts, but...]
    -Bound Weapons skill line [Casters should have more than sticks, yeah?]
    -More skill lines in general

Housing Wishlist:
    -Structure pieces, by the thousands! Walls, doors, stairs; everything from every racial/architectural style
    -More functional furniture: doors that open/close, portals to travel throughout one home, etc
    -"Lairs" or something similar: another separate, instanced space inside of a home
    -NPC's: guards and bards, all day
    -The Golden Vendor, but able to be placed in homes [Might help with some excess Cyrodiil traffic, maybe?]
    -The Luxury Furnisher, but also able to be placed in homes [... Look, homes are huge and I'm tired of them being empty]
    -Boat house [Fair Winds absolutely counts!]
    -Boat furnishings in general
    -Respec/redidication shrines
    -Wayshrines [I can just port to a guildmate, I guess, but...]
    -Undaunted pledge billboards/Undaunted NPC's
    -Crafting writ billboards
    -More mount/pet functionality when placed [Pathing counts!]
    -Guild bank/store access
    -Ability to repair gear at home [If traveling merchants in the middle of nowhere can do it, why can't I?]
    -Other, smaller, fun functionality, like farming or mini-games [Tales of Tribute absolutely counts!]

QoL Wishlist:
    -Text search boxes [Praise Tall Papa, thank you.]
    -Item conversion/transmogrification [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Previewer/dressing room [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Instead of Arms Packs (or in addition to them), just sell me the blasted VFX
    -Gear loadouts [Armory system counts!]
    -Skill loadouts Armory system counts!
    -Cloaks [I know you said no, but I'm not taking it off my list.]
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a truly gothic castle, all spooky and run down, with broken stained glass windows. Not nasty orange brown like Bastian Sangrinaris, more like Draculas castle. It must have proper day and night with view of the sky. It should be perched on a cliff edge with views of the wild sea, complete with distant lightning. Outdoor area should have a pathway down to the sea. There should be harvestable nodes including a fishing spot. These should also be a private way shrine for travelling out.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want most: more medium sized houses, not those huge areas where 700 slots are nothing. And those medium sized houses preferably with 700 slots.^^
    From those medium sized houses I would want most one of those regular people none-luxury houses in Abahs Landing like the one the dunmer thief lady from the main quest lives in, with a courtyard.
    PC/EU
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to jump on the tower bandwagon, too!

The inspiration for my perfect tower home comes from the lore:
    In the early First Era, during the days when the Direnni Hegemony ruled High Rock, a series of watch towers was built along the border with the Reach and Skyrim. Today most of them are nothing more than crumbling ruins.

I'd love a Direnni tower, possibly using the same architecture set from Keywright's Gallery (Balfiera Tutorial), but with Craglorn-style Nedic foundations, kind of like representing a Direnni structure built over the ancient Nedic ruins. I love the huge vaulting tower part with all the concentric balconies in Keywrights. If I could choose it to be anywhere, I'd have it either in The Reach or Northern Bangkorai, where it makes sense for it to be.

awnuzvl3p821.png
    xrgeq30qeg63.png
    bwdfqkiko18y.png
    ikafd5493h3y.png
    0i2qyspminhe.png
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on April 10, 2022 2:59PM
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted an underwater cave, and got it in Seaveil Spire. I was expecting a small cave without a view, but instead got something colossal and expansive with a beautiful vaulted see-through dome and a massive amount of space both within the cave and outside. Just wish my character could swim faster. :*
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    I know I am definitely strange for this one, but I always wanted a house in the Imperial Sewers. PVP zone and everything. I want to feel slightly scared walking out my front door. I also think a new place to bank tel var in the sewers would liven the place up a bit. Instead of it being empty 90% of the time until the Tel Var event happens.
    (I know this idea would come with a mountain of logistic problems, but it's a dream :D )
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know I am definitely strange for this one, but I always wanted a house in the Imperial Sewers. PVP zone and everything. I want to feel slightly scared walking out my front door. I also think a new place to bank tel var in the sewers would liven the place up a bit. Instead of it being empty 90% of the time until the Tel Var event happens.
    (I know this idea would come with a mountain of logistic problems, but it's a dream :D )

Ha, if I had a PvP house I would want it in Cyrodiil. There are some really beautiful places in that zone that many players have never even seen, especially in the AD faction area.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    563cm4gyh53l.jpeg
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as houses go I know exactly what kind of size/layout I'd want but the hard part is I'm indecisive on the style/architecture.

Sizewise, I want something somewhat bigger on the inside than Domus Phrasticus (My main house) with the same sized courtyard. Architecturally I'm torn between Breton, and Imperial/Nibenean/Colovian I use a lot of Breton furniture but the Breton houses have these weird 2nd floors that don't use up all the space. I like the standard imperial bronzed roofing on the outside but since Blackwood i've come to like the wattle and daub type walls with the carved beams and trim.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »
    As far as houses go I know exactly what kind of size/layout I'd want but the hard part is I'm indecisive on the style/architecture.

Sizewise, I want something somewhat bigger on the inside than Domus Phrasticus (My main house) with the same sized courtyard. Architecturally I'm torn between Breton, and Imperial/Nibenean/Colovian I use a lot of Breton furniture but the Breton houses have these weird 2nd floors that don't use up all the space. I like the standard imperial bronzed roofing on the outside but since Blackwood i've come to like the wattle and daub type walls with the carved beams and trim.

I have Ravenhurst, and have extended the upper floor by filling in with the Elsweyr Platform, Wooden Large. That might match your requirements.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An infinitely large, completely featureless, flat plane underneath a starry night sky.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see something a little smaller then the size of MSM area wise but as a farm stead or ranch. With a house the size of Grymharth's Woe or Sleek Creek, plus a barn or a couple sheds. It'll will give people a reason to spend crowns on all those farm animals. It's a win win.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ship on water
    kwmr8k331mdd.png

id be lying if i said i didnt want that :D
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More emply planes

This ^

Template houses in all sorts of different planes. They shouldn't be hard to design since the areas are already there. I'd love to have a house in the Evergloam, the Shimmering Sands, the Jonelight path, for instance.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a large farmhouse type home with a wrap around porch, lots of windows you can see through that let natural light in, no moldy walls, a skylight in one of the rooms on the second floor, normal rooms that can be decorated like a REAL house, not weird little offshoot rooms that you just plop things in.

Outside I'd like flat land with grass that is lush not dying that looks like weeds. I'd also like groundcover to be a "furnishing". The ability to put down a pathway (different styles) that takes up ONE slot, a plot of dirt for a garden (or a plot of dirt with vegetables growing in it that only takes up one slot). I'd like a small stream running through part of the exterior area (like a babbling brook in the mountains).

Oh and make interior and exterior furnishing slots separate, same amount inside as outside.
    Edited by Inaya on April 20, 2022 3:02PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arable land. Large house with correct windows. Preferably surrounded by forest with a small creek running nearby the house. Bonus points if it's by a lake/ocean. All high resolution textures.
    PC NA
  • Cerulione
    Cerulione
    ✭✭✭
    An empty plot of land to build in natural environment , similar to the concept of Moonsugar Meadow and Stillwater Retreat, for each chapter. This will allow us to build our dream cottage the suitable size to 700 slot without it feeling empty. Ideally:
    - Summerset: either a lovely green open land in the middle with some ancient ruins as background, or a vineyard
    - Blackwood: Sweetwater Cascade area without any house, a small stream, light airy open woodland
    - Morrowind: Giant mushroom background
    - High Isle: seaside, with access to sea. Private beach basically

I do realize we have empty buildable plot of land but most of them are in Daedric Realms (Doomchar Plaetau, Hunter's Glade, Coldharbour Surreal Estate) and they do not present natural lighting nor natural environment I wish we can have more. So far we only have Moonsugar Meadow and Stillwater retreat and it can be nice to have more

@Cerulione - PC/EU - housing enthusiast, forever magden
    Open House List:

Bouldertree Refuge: Bag End, a hobbit's hole
    Seaveil Spire: Summer Seahouse
    Amaya Lake Lodge: Diagon Alley
    Pantherfang Chapel: Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away
    Autumn's Gate: Autumnal Mountain Lodge
  • Shiggorath
    Shiggorath
    Soul Shriven
    How about plus members able to buy all previous released homes? I mean we are your fan base and keep you in business. The ability for us to buy the things we like would make me buy more credits. I have all the mounts I want. Houses are end game for passive players. Just my thoughts, I love jodes embrace, sweet water, and I must have bastion sanguinarius at some point. Be well and thanks for listening.
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    Small country cottages the size of Black Vine Villa, Twin Arches or the witches cottage in Glenumbra, but set in Summerset or High Isle (hint: they're already in the game). More cozy than spectacular and with an outside area. The Senchal home was the last house I really liked.

On the other hand I'd like more houses like Moonsugar Meadow. There are other landscape houses, but for some reason they often start in some kind of building or have a huge inside area somewhere that you can't really ignore (the werewolf house, the snow house, the new water themed house ... I can't remember the names) and I'd just like the pure landscapes.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a house with one entrance that has a few rooms and a big saloon along with a balcony that is towards to wilderness. I prefer one with a Blackwood theme.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bastion Sanguinarsis but on the top of a mountain.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So, for me, there are two houses I really want.

1. A ship! Not the disaster that is the Aldermeri Grotto. I would like a Breton ship similar to the one that is part of a quest in Evermore in Bangkorai. I want walls and doorways that work in it so I can divide it up as I please. This ship should be on the sea and NOT in a cave! No wrecks around it. It should be moored in a cove of a small island that can be built on like Moonsugar Meadow. A cave on the island for storing your pirate treasure would be great! 24 players/700 item slots a must!

Why is the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto a disaster? It's a beautiful housing instance reminiscent of The Goonies. Who doesn't love that? I like the idea of just a ship but a ship hidden in a large cave is great.

I want a castle like Daggerfall Overlook but in a more centralized location instead of so out of the way. Maybe even in the city of Daggerfall or Wayrest.

Or an Imperial City or Cyrodiil manor. Not the Cyrodiilic Jungle House as it's too small IMO. Or a large house near Elsweyr Gate, High Rock Gate or Morrowind Gate. Maybe just on the other side of those massive immovable gates.
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    I hope for more small and medium sized houses, I'm especially hoping for Alinor style small/medium house in Summerset Isle - its my dream home to own!
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes