The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 31 - Feedback Thread for The Dread Cellar

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for The Dread Cellar. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you enjoy this new dungeon?
  • How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
  • Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?
  • Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?
  • What level and build was the character you used?
  • Did you happen to notice or find anything interesting? Just curious…
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 12, 2021 7:34PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:36PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enjoy this new dungeon?

Yes, it is very visually pleasing & the boss fights are stunning to see & the gameplay mechanics were really fun.

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

On normal mode it felt much harder than other normal mode dungeons, perhaps a tad too hard.

Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?

Normal mode while alone, doing veteran hardmodes later with friends.

Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?

Second boss reminded me a lot of Fang Lair final boss with the moving walls, and was quite fun to beat. First boss is a strong contender though.

What level and build was the character you used?

max level magicka templar, 5 false god, 5 medusa, 1 pale order 1 valkyn skoria shoulder.

Did you happen to notice or find anything interesting? Just curious…

I was able to find the mechanics that allowed me into the secret areas, but sadly it can only be done with a full group. I was alone and was thus unable to open the doors into secret areas. Being able to reach these secrets solo (like in Unhallowed Grave) would be appreciated, not for finding extra gear or rewards, but to experience the hidden lore in these areas without having to bring other humans along. Craglorn had the same issues in a few places and it was resolved to be doable while alone with the One Tamriel patch.

Do you have any other general feedback?

Over all great dungeon, the team has knocked it out of the park with the quality.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on July 13, 2021 5:43AM
  • DuckFayth
    DuckFayth
    ✭✭✭
    Very very much so!

How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?
    So far I'd rank it as one of the hardest dungeons in the game, right up there and past Stone Garden.

We completed the side bosses as well as the first two bosses on veteran Hard Mode. I watched several friends do the fights on normal after our HM attempts.

I'm not sure I could pick a favorite, all three were unique fights with something new to figure out and a process needed to observe and learn. I was glad we couldn't just "tank and spank" our way through the dungeon. I guess the order would be...
    Magma Incarnate - He looks stunning and he kicked our butts, which always gets respect.
    Scerion Broodmother - Very cool looking as well!
    Cyronin Artellian - Last because it's hard to top the other two with an ordinary humanoid.

~1300 CP tank

I noticed that the participation for secrets was cut down from always needing 4 people. It was interesting to see how that caused confusion for people expecting 4 to be needed. Overall I think that's a great change for live, because groups often get that "odd one out" who either doesn't want to or doesn't know to participate.

Overall I want to say I love these fights, I love the challenges they provided and I love the overall aesthetic in the dungeon. I do feel that the final boss on HM may be scaled a bit heavily, making it too difficult for semi-casual HM groups even when they go hard.

Scerion Broodmother - Great fight, felt well scaled, discourages pushing the fight too hard too fast. Really unique and interesting. The crystals cause some strange AoE and LoS blocking issues though.

Cyronin Artellian - While the fight itself is really cool and unique, the RNG nature of the length of the "death walls" was frustrating. Sometimes the walls would be manageable by strafing and other times the walls would last the entire length of the room, making it nearly impossible to tank successfully due to the amount of sprinting back and forth. We had to rely on RNG to get two strafable wall phases for our clear.

Magma Incarnate - I found there to be some lack of "teachable mechanics" for the final boss Hard Mode. We attempted the fight quite a few times before eventually needing to reduce the difficulty due to time constraints (we were on him for over an hour and had places to be). There were several things that I expected either an NPC voiceline to hint at or some sort of clear telegraph. Most importantly the orange divided AoE on the ground around the boss. At first I wondered if the effect was just a visual bug because there's very little to hint about it. Because it only happens in the phase of the fight after the first portal, it was exceedingly difficult to "troubleshoot" and figure out the mechanic without a good bit of time investment. The s**t really hits the fan once you come out of that first portal so even though we fought the boss many many times we still had no idea what it was doing because of the hilarious chaos going on in the fight. It would have been nice to see it earlier in the fight so that we can get a better sample size. The DoTs being thrown around in combination with everything else is just so much to deal with at once.

I say that though after only having one real stab at the final boss Hard Mode and even though we got curb stomped to oblivion I greatly look forward to my next time in there to figure it all out. The portals being semi-random and having what looked to be themes from previous dungeons/arenas was really cool.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The HMs of the first two bosses are the hardest non-final-boss HM that I've seen in a dungeon (not that there's much to compare to, as the only other dungeons with HMs on the lesser bosses are SG, BDV, and RPB).

The HM of the final boss is not quite as difficult as Stone Garden's (at least, back when you had to actually do the mechanics on Arkasis HM--as I've noted before, I strongly disagree with the change in the final PTS of SG where the stone husks lost CC immunity, which enables the current strategy of just stack-and-burning the husks in HM, completely bypassing the HM tether and taunt swap mechanics).

Vet HM for all three bosses

We used our live character copies.
    • Tank: NB (me)
    • Healer: Templar
    • DDs: mag NB and mag DK

The secret areas were fairly easy and straightforward to access. Unfortunately, the NPC's dialog when you access the secret area is not skippable. I.e., even if we immediately lit the braziers in front of the orange crystal, she still completes her introductory speech before activating the crystal. I would suggest that if the brazier gets lit, then she cuts her dialog short and activates the crystal, so people who are there for the first time can get the full dialog to explain lighting the crystal's braziers, but for people who have done it before, she could skip the explanation if players light the braziers before she explains that.

As I noted in the feedback for RPB, this dungeon's HMs are considerably harder, because they actually punish you for mistakes. On the first boss, if you push the boss too hard instead of being more careful with taking care of adds before pushing to the next set of spawns, then it's easy to get overwhelmed. On the second boss, the walls are 1-shots. And there is so much damage on the last boss.

Second boss: One pain point I had with this boss was the snare from the boltwyrm, which obviously makes it hard to avoid the walls. We know that the wyrm takes extra damage from the player that it's tethered to, so ideally, the tethered player should kill their own wyrm. However, I feel like this punishes the tank more than anyone else...
    • A tank has fewer options for doing damage, compared to DDs and the healer
    • The boss's light attacks take out over half of my health bar if I take them unblocked, and dropping block to kill my wyrm got me killed more than once, which limited my options to skills that I could block-cast
    • As the tank, I have the boss and storm atros in my vicinity, which means that they often overlap with the wyrm, which makes targeting the wrym very difficult; I often waste many of my attacks on the wrong target

Aside from the wyrms, I love that second boss.

Final boss: Most of our wipes on Monday were due to us trying to figure out the Outburst mechanic, since it was NOT intuitive. So the visual telegraph for this is that there's a yellow circle telegraph (with what looks like faint pie slices that are not easily noticeable) around the boss, along with a red swirling effect. This kind of visual doesn't exactly say, "come hither and stand in me", and for a long time, I thought that we needed to avoid that circle.

We eventually figured out that it was a mechanic for the tank--if the tank stands in the circle and blocks, then they block the damage from reaching everyone else. But by the time we figured it out on Monday, we were out of time, so we had to come back and kill it on Tuesday. Anyway, at the very least, you need to add a death recap hint about how this works because the current telegraphs are not intuitive.

My other concern is the RNG of the portal realms, since some portal realms are definitely harder than others. The one with the rotating fire lines that you have to avoid, while also avoiding the fire rains, while also avoiding the lava that does ramping damage? Yea, that's much dicier than the other portal realms. The portal realms being random is fine, if they were comparable. But they're not.
    Edited by code65536 on July 15, 2021 8:47AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by code65536 on July 18, 2021 11:42AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It was really interesting. Some of the mechanics taking a new twist on old mechanics (Depths of Malatar, Fang Lair instant death walls) provide a fresh coat of paint along with the new mechanics.
    I'm unsure. I'd say they're harder than the Live or last week PTS of Stone Garden. Defintitely harder than the Q1 dungeons and I believe they are probably the hardest DLC dungeons to date.
    Normal and veteran hard mode.
    All of them were unique. It's hard for me to pick a favourite. I'll only be going over the hard modes for the sake of discussion. On normal, nothing really hurts enough to care.

First boss is nice in that it has a sort of anti-nuke mechanic where adds spawn on health percentages and it's very easy to get overwhelmed with multiple colossi all doing fire AoEs and doing area denial, along with multiple shock adds doing interruptible casts, all while having to deal with daedroths (applying DoTs via breath) and uppercuts from the two-handers. I personally like this over "stack and nuke" that most other content has.

Second boss is a new take on an old mechanic, forcing the group to constantly find an opening. One thing here is, as someone else pointed out, the inconsistency of where the openings are. If they're at the far end (let's say we're at the exit side and the opening is on entrance), you have to run all the way there, especially if you get snared by the adds. Every third or fourth wave, you'll have an extra gap but there's also seemingly no way to tell where this will be. Some waves (I don't mean the gaps) seem to also have inconsistent widths, as in they "spawn" more frequently than other waves. If the group has to move through and you get AoEs (picks two random people), it makes it a challenge to not end up getting split up. Along with the fact that, like occasionally happens in Fang Lair, you think the gap is wide enough but you still get hit.

Third boss, we haven't quite figured out the "best" way to do it, but a clear is a clear. Overlapping mechanics are the worst here. There's a lot of incoming damage, espcially on the tank. We have swirling fire AoEs, a straight line wall of fire with the centre being "safe," the straight line fire beams from the boss which pick three people and leaves a persistent AoE where it hit them (also giving them a hefty fire DoT which doesn't seem to be purgable), the large explosion from the centre, bleed from the boss (not purgable), and Excruatiating DoT on tank (not purgable).

As others have said, the "pie" isn't very intuitive as a tank-specific mechanic. I think it's also debatable that it is a tank mechanic rather than a stack mechanic. We also had almost the entire group standing in it after I died and it seemed to do very little damage. Seems like that's another way to do it. It could be damage which is mitigated with more people standing in each of the pie "slices," but we've yet to test that. Also, having that mechanic at the same time as the fire wall comes over you and having the Scorion applying the DoT is painful. Having only one unpurgable heavy DoT at a time would be great, especially since Mist Form seems to be a no-go due to spider losing aggro (I stopped using it in favour of slotting Revealing Flame for Major Protection).

Last boss was probably my least favourite for a number of reasons. Two main ones being the multiple heavy DoTs and the RNG on portals, furthermore the DoTs do not go away as you're entering the portal and you can die during the teleport sequence. Parroting the same as above, the spinning fire fan and area denial from the colossus, couple with the ramping damage from lava... it's a bit much. You also placed the portal in and out right in the lava so you take a couple ticks once you enter and as you're attempting to leave.
    CP cap template, DK tank using Yolnahkriin and Crimson Oath. Stats and skills are more or less the same as Live. Group consisteted of a magicka Dragonknight, a magicka Warden, and a Templar healer.
    The secrets are a lot more obvious this time around. Less of a secret and more of a bright blue neon light (almost literally). A very obvious optional extra rather than a secret. Additionally, it's a shame you can't do this solo or as a duo. It also seems somewhat arbitrary to have two initial braziers but three crystals. You could do the initial two as a duo, but once you go inside the trapdoor you need three people for the crystals.

It makes some sense later on once you see the others, since you have two initial braziers, then three braziers, and the final encounter has four braziers. Why not just have two braziers and two crystals for each, extend the timer a little for the braziers and crystals so if you are speedy enough you can do both yourself? Or have two braziers and two crystals for the first one, then three braziers and three crystals, and finally four braziers and four crystals? In each case, someone is just left standing around doing nothing with the crystals.
    There's only one bit of interesting feedback for this dungeon and I don't know whether I like it or not, or if it's even intended. On first boss, last boss, and on other Scorions, if you attempt to use Mist Form after taunting, it will instantly de-aggro the tank and go after someone else. We were initially unsure if this was just a change to the taunt system or if this was intended to happen. It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else. If this is actually a mechanic, then it means Mist Form is a no-go for this dungeon, or you can only use it at specific points. Can we get some sort of confirmation on whether this is supposed to happen or not?
    Edited by Troodon80 on July 14, 2021 3:21PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
      [*] Did you enjoy this new dungeon?

This one was definitely the harder of the two - while the first two HMs were challenging in a way I still enjoyed (once we got them done), the final boss HM in my opinion is overtuned in terms of damage.

[*] How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

I would put this one at Stone Garden level of difficulty, particularly with how nasty the Arkasis fight used to be. Boss 1 and 2 were a shock at first in terms of difficulty - definitely a harder Boss 1 and 2 than any of the other three-boss DLC dungeons.

[*] Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?

Veteran, HMs for Boss 1 and 2, and a regular clear for Boss 3 (after a dozen or so wipes on HM).

[*] Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?

Probably Cyronin, once we figured him out. Boss 1 was a little tedious and Boss 3's fire DoT just didn't make it all that fun.

[*] What level and build was the character you used?

We used live copies of max level characters, with the follow comp:
      Templar Tank
      Magicka Templar DPS
      Magicka Sorcerer DPS
      Warden Healer

[*] Did you happen to notice or find anything interesting? Just curious…

The secrets were a little more concealed at first, but once we knew what to look for (the blue flame braziers), it became easier as it was the same method of unlocking each time - braziers, then crystals.

There's a lot of dialogue from the ghost NPC for a relatively easy task, which doesn't auto-complete if you light the braziers early. The Purgator and the Undertaker were fairly easy fights, while the Warden was a bit more challenging (didn't quite figure out the shiny white glow on it and whether that was a further mechanic we had to do, or just an intrinsic damage shield).

[*] Do you have any other general feedback?

I think Boss 1 HM is in a good place - it requires careful management of the boss' health, making sure you have all the adds down before you push it to an Agonymium phase, but no real DPS race, letting groups take their time.

Boss 2 HM was more challenging. The Storm Atronachs were a little confusing at first, especially with the NPC calling out that she'd take care of "it" (there's more than one), and then taunting it away. We tried killing them first, only to discover they respawned almost instantly, so we settled on the conclusion that they were just an extra task for the tank - have the NPC taunt one, the tank the other, just focus the boss.

The other NPC's removal of only a fraction of one wall is also pretty pathetic for the intensity of his associated dialogue - half the time we just ignored him. The boltwyrm's slow is pretty annoying for the tank, given the high damage of the boss and the struggle to actually hit it with the boss and a Storm Atronach attacking them.

I would also recommend removing the "dodge" from the tank NPC's dialogue when she instructs the player to avoid the walls, as it misleads the player into thinking the walls are roll-dodge-able (I actually managed it once . . . I assume this was not intended).

Boss 3 HM (and even non-HM)'s main problem for me is the unavoidable, unpurgeable fire DoT. I don't know whether this is intended to be a heal-check, but in my opinion it is way overtuned, especially once the room starts to become chaotic with fire tornadoes. I would prefer for either the strength of this DoT to be diminished, or for it to be purgeable. I don't like having a DoT applied to me with no way of avoiding it, just "because".

The Outburst mechanic is not really intuitive at all - there's no death recap from dying to the explosion to suggest what to do here, and it was only after figuring out that we had to stand in the enemy-telegraph-looking rune, not avoid it, that we got past this.

The Scorion Collector hitting harder than the main boss also gave me cause for concern, but we didn't make it past 60% boss health for me to provide proper feedback here.

I like the Agonymium stone rooms and how they're all different, but the mechanic of the Collector absorbing it's essence is also not clear, even after completing the similar encounter in Boss 1 HM. The rooms are not equal difficulty either - some you can breeze through with minimal add interference, others are much worse.

Overall, if just a single change could be made, I would hope for an adjustment to Boss 3's fire DoT.

• PC/NA - @AJTC5000
        DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
        Trials
        • vHRC HM
        • vAA HM
        • vSO HM
        • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
        • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
        • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
        • vCR HM
        • vSS HM
        • vRG (Oax HM)
        • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
        • vMA Flawless
        • vBRP
        • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
        • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
        • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
        • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
        • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
        • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
        • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
        • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
        • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
        • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
        • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
        • vSG HM
        • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
        • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
        • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
        • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
        • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
        • vCA HM
        • vSR HM
        • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
        • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
        • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
        • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
    • Disturbed125
      Disturbed125
      ✭✭✭
      -Did you enjoy this new dungeon?

Overall yes, I'm not sure i like the difficulty spike of the final boss but i enjoyed the dungeon.

-How did the difficulty compare to existing dungeons on Normal and Veteran versions?

I'd say this one is pre-"behemoths can be stun locked" difficulty Stone Garden (aka final week of PTS Stone Garden).

-Did you complete Normal or Veteran (or both)?

Veteran HM

-Which was your favorite boss in this dungeon, and why?

Probably the magma incarnate, even though i have issue with its current damage levels I think overall the fight is fun mechanically and the portal rooms are each unique and interesting. The changing mechanics and mobs of each portal room were probably the best part.

-What level and build was the character you used?

All Max level, 1200+ cp, Nightblade tank, Magicka Dragonknight DD, Magicka Nightblade DD, Templar Healer

Magdk build - 1 piece Slimecrawl, 1 piece zaan , 5 piece Perfected Bahsei's Mania, 5 piece Diamond's Victory

-Did you happen to notice or find anything interesting? Just curious…

Yes, these secrets were a little harder to find and involved finding changing amounts of things but we found all of them. The person who hid that last white crystal is evil by the way.

-Do you have any other general feedback?

- The first boss i feel is in a really good spot.

-The second boss is also ok but the damage output specifically on the tank might need some tweaks. The boss hits REALLY hard with his light attacks and with the amount of moving in that fight + the slow from the lighting wyrms it feels like there's an uneven amount of pressure applied to the tank while trying to dodge the incoming walls.

- The difficulty spike on the third boss was pretty noticeable and a few things stand out:

- Mechanically the fight is fairly simple and has some interesting variety with the portal. However, the Outburst mechanic was not intuitive at all. It took us quite a few pulls to understand that the circle under his feet actually was something the tank needed to stand in rather than for people to avoid. Adding a death recap hint of some kind for this would probably make figuring it out much simpler.

- The damage output of the boss + the spider ads is also a bit much. The health scaling DoT from the main boss has been getting passed around all the dungeons and trials lately and its really not a fun mechanic. Un-purgable, Un-preventable damage is really not a fun way to try to make healers feel useful.

-The spider ad it hits ridiculously hard with its light attacks for a trash mob as well as can attack from an insane distance. In one of our pulls we had this mob 1 shot our healer from across the room, through the generator in the middle so far away and obstructed by set pieces that there was no way to know it was coming. With all the extra pressure on the tank from all your health scaling mechanics (the fire dots as well as the roaming tornadoes) we don't really need a 1 - shot machine gun wandering around the fight to increase the challenge. P.S. to the person who came up with the "drop taunt if the tank mist forms " behavior, you're evil and got me killed

- The return portals in the side arenas need to stick around just a little bit longer. There were several times while we were first trying it out, where someone took the return portal and before people could find it, it simply vanished, forcing everyone else to wait for the "joining encounter in progress" mechanic to return them to the main fight. This would be ok if the joining encounter mechanic didn't stun you and drop you in completely helpless for a second. Extending the time this portal stays active by a few seconds would feel a lot better.

- As others have said, some way to cut the NPC in the secret room's dialogue short would be nice. Lighting the braziers for example could cut her explanation off and let her simply get on with it.
      [PC NA] -Chaos Riders-
      Flawless Conqueror - Boethia's Scythe - Mageslayer - Ophidian Overloard - Shehai Shatterer - Divayth Fyr's Conjugator - Voice of Reason - Dro'Mathra Destroyer - Blackrose Executioner - Bringer of Light - Extinguisher of Flames - Xalvakka's Scourge
      Trifectas
      Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Depths Defier - Relentless Raider - The Unchained (1st NA / 2nd World) - Immortal Redeemer - Nature's Wrath - Defanged the Devourer - Tick Tock Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Dawnbringer - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - GodSlayer - Privateer - Coral Caretaker
    • Dangst8ofm9d
      Dangst8ofm9d
      Soul Shriven
      Yes, I greatly enjoyed this new dungeon. It was really fun albeit the last two bosses were difficult for us.

The dungeon felt harder than others in the past; however, that might be due to the mechanics not being noticeable; especially on the final boss.

We did Veteran (HM on Boss 1 and nonHM for Boss 2 and 3.

Magma Incarnate was the most fun for me; however, it was difficult to progress past 60% due to mechanics not being obvious. I really enjoyed the portal room.

• Tank: Warden | max CP
      • Healer: Warden | max CP
      • Damage: Magicka Necromancer (max CP); Magicka Templar (CP 1300)

Getting to the secret bosses was more fun. I especially enjoyed having them for the remaining boss fights and their ability to resurrect allies when summoned.

• The first boss was excellent. It took a bit to realize that it wasn't a DPS burn but rather a slow burn at certain percentages.
      • The second boss was more difficult and had more problems associated with it. The first thing to note is that his attacks are severely unbalanced. One light attack took a large portion of our tank's health while blocking. Unblocked attacks would just kill the tank. Second, the wyrms that appear apply a snare that makes it difficult to navigate the spawning walls successfully. Additionally, since only the person being affected by the wyrm is able to damage it more effectively then making it so that it's easier for the healers and tank to kill them would be appreciated.
      • The final boss was the most difficult for the group. Note that this was done on non-HM. We weren't sure of some of his mechanics, but the most strenuous piece was the portal room. Not all portal rooms were the same. We got the lava portal room in two of our pulls and there was no place to stand while the bone colossus was doing its rain mechanic and the crystal was sending out rotating flames. Additionally, the mechanic continued despite the team destroying the crystal. Finally, addressing the portal itself, if a member of the team is unable to reach the portal in time; they are stunned when the "joining encounter in progress" action occurs. Usually, the game will drop them in the damaging mechanic (usually the fire tornados) which ends up killing them. I would recommend either making the portal last longer or having the players be teleported to the entrance of the boss room. Outside of the portal room, we kept dying to its incarnate outburst and were not able to determine what we needed to do. After reading some of the responses above and seeing that the tank needed to go into the circle, it would be helpful if the circle was more noticeable rather than the faint outline that it currently is.