The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please add 4-person Arenas (Dragonstar, Blackrose) to Dungeon Group Finder

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
Because I honestly don't see much difference between the Arena-type dungeons (Dragonstar and Blackrose) and an actual Dungeon-type dungeon like the Blessed Crucible.

I think Trials are tough enough that they need to have organised (or at least semi-organised) groups - a Group Finder wouldn't work for them - but there's no good reason not to make the group finder work for Dragonstar and Blackrose.
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 13, 2021 12:39PM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree but I'm guessing they don't have them because they take longer to complete then group dungeons
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, it should be in game already.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    I agree but I'm guessing they don't have them because they take longer to complete then group dungeons

Maybe, but as long as they don't mix the arenas in with the regular dungeons for the 'random daily' pool, and simply let people queue for them specifically, it would be fine.

No idea how fast any given queue would be but DPS characters are already used to waiting a while even for a random daily.
    PC NA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The average time to clear VDSA with a decent group is 90 minutes. That's with an organized group. I've been in a pug that ran it in 2 hours, once we kicked the fake and got a real tank. And 99% of groups need a real tank to clear VDSA. I don't see group finder helping this out.

As for VBRP, burn, damage mitigation, and self-healing are more important as the stages are more compact, which allows for high DPS 4 DD groups to clear it. Massive downside would be attracting fake DDs/PVP DD builds who want their weapons for PVP but don't want to respec for PVE first.

As with Dungeon Finder, in theory this would be great. But in practice, this will fall victim to the same problems of Dungeon Finder. Add in that the veteran versions of DSA and BRP as MUCH harder than their normal counterparts and there are going to be a lot of unhappy customers. I don't think I would ever use it for vet
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea. But only for normal. You need a decent group for vet.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back when I was doing vDSA (when it was the only source of DSA weapons :| ) , I always got groups from zone chat. There is no difference between group finder and zone chat - you always get random people. Group finder for arenas should have been implemented from the very start.

But I also think that group finder for trials should exist. People pug trials all the time.

Having ability to use group finder would be much better than having to sit in the same zone and wait until you gather enough people for the arena run. You just queue in Group Finder, and do what you want in the meantime - in any zone you wish.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty freaking please, add normal trials while you’re at it!
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, arenas and trials should have a group finder tool. People who say that they are harder or take longer or need more coordination, fake role issues etc, what's the difference if I go to Craglorn and type LFM or hit queue button? Result is the same, I will get random people. Pugs are pugs, no matter how you find them. So they may aswell save me the trouble of spamming in zone chats and add the tool.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

This is already an issue with a lot of the DLC's they take forever-and-a-half.

I would totally like to see a "fourth" quest giver at the Undaunted area, or possibly a "trial daily" via the fighters' guide, I can see it going either way.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see a bunch of randos queue into vbrp. XD
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Because I honestly don't see much difference between the Arena-type dungeons (Dragonstar and Blackrose) and an actual Dungeon-type dungeon like the Blessed Crucible.

I think Trials are tough enough that they need to have organised (or at least semi-organised) groups - a Group Finder wouldn't work for them - but there's no good reason not to make the group finder work for Dragonstar and Blackrose.

I would say it would be easier to form your own group from friends and guilds. VBRP with randoms who probably don’t know mechanics and priorities would not be fun.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the normal versions, yeah. BRP and DSA in normal are doable.
    Not sure if vet would be a good idea though as many people could get pretty frustrated with it.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    No ,no, no,

do you think anyone wants to spend so much time on DSA only for daily? If you need people for it, go to Clagron / ask Guild and find them. normal you are able to do even 2 people. Vet would be even more annoying than vet Dungeon with random ppl

- Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    Yeah: should have happened a long time ago.
  • Jamerth
    Jamerth
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!
  • Kredo
    Kredo
    ✭✭✭
    The average time to clear VDSA with a decent group is 90 minutes. That's with an organized group.

What year do you live in that a decent group needs 90 minutes to clear vDSA because it sure ain't 2021
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer a local and global LFG chat channel. Be better than group finder imo.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look it takes a lot of time to clear *normal* DSA and more than half of it is waiting around for mobs to spawn :P
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »

Have you ever done VBRP?

Blessed Crucible (or any other dungeon - even DLC ones) is not even comparable... the only thing they have in common is they are instanced for 4 people.

VBRP (but also VDSA) will be a waste of time in 99% cases with a random group; Arenas are meant to be run with an organized and strong team that fully knows its mechs, not what you usually got when you roll a "random dungeon".
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    I support the motion with violence ...