The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Two-Person Mount: Seeking some transparency Please

AyeshaBelladonna
AyeshaBelladonna
✭✭✭✭✭
We had the announcement, we tested on PTS, obviously they fixed whatever issue it had because they gave it to contest winners finally. WHEN are we going to see it in game? We have been waiting forEVER for it to drop. A little transparency here ZOS, please. If something goes wrong with a mount/house/skin/whatever after you announce we're getting it, it'd be nice to see some official word on what happened to delay said item and IF/when we might expect to get another update on it. We have not forgotten. We understand that Stuff Happens... Especially trying to troubleshoot something through working from home in a pandemic, we just want a little official word. Pretty Please??
NA EP CP1200+
Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We definitely need communication and updates on this, ZOS needs to stop promising nice things and not deliver. The community deserves more transparency and honesty about whats going on. We need updates for when this will be fixed and a timeline for when this is coming out!
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heard it was flagging passengers as cheating because of how fast they were moving and got shelved.
    Edited by Red_Feather on July 10, 2021 5:58PM
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard it was flagging passengers as cheating because of how fast they were moving and got shelved.

It was flagging passengers who disconnected as cheaters and the system permabanned them. That’s a pretty big issue. So how does one remedy it?

Well you certainly don’t adjust the anti-cheat program as it’s working as intended in all other situations and the mount is a optional premium item.

So you shelve the idea until it can be implemented properly without players risking losing years of play.

It’ll be ready when it’s ready. @SimonThesis @AyeshaBelladonna
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have an update on whether they are planning to fix this or scrapping the feature all together so we know at least.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow it is amazing that resources were spent on this. It is difficult to imagine a less needed feature.
    Edited by joerginger on July 10, 2021 10:11PM
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure ZOS never announced, advertised, or confirmed Two-Person Mounts.

They weren't even included in the PTS patch notes.

Clearly, they don't want to promise them, if they didn't feel sure it could work relatively bug-free. They have always been an experimental feature that may or may not come out.
    Edited by Marto on July 10, 2021 10:17PM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

Clearly, they don't want to promise them, if they didn't feel sure it could work relatively bug-free. They have always been an experimental feature that may or may not come out.

They announced it during a Twitch livestream where they showed it off. Even posted that they were coming to the game on Twitter: (source: here )

It was available to test during the Stonethorn PTS cycle, hence how we found out it was banning people in the first place.
    Mentioned in multiple Patch Notes from the Stonethorn PTS, they're known officially as a "Multi-Rider Mount": (source: here , here , & here )

I'd even made a thread about it a year ago, here, when it banned one of my boyfriend's characters while we were riding it together. (Also, it was a disaster if you happened to get a loading screen while riding in the back of it.... /shudders)

It was announced, advertised, and confirmed by ZOS. It just had some very serious problems and that's why it hasn't been released.

*Edited to add a few more PTS links.
    Edited by meekmiko on July 10, 2021 11:18PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Mellirus
    Mellirus
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP that some update or clarification on whether they would ever release it or not would be appreciated. I've also been waiting for news and sometimes asking about this mount on official livestreams, but no response ever came.

If it got scrapped, that's unfortunate, but it's still better to be open about it than staying silent for over a year by now. Please ZOS? :)
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was flagging passengers who disconnected as cheaters and the system permabanned them. That’s a pretty big issue. So how does one remedy it?

Well you certainly don’t adjust the anti-cheat program as it’s working as intended in all other situations and the mount is a optional premium item.

So you shelve the idea until it can be implemented properly without players risking losing years of play.

Obviously it's 'Ready' since they gave it out to contest winners for each platform just a few months ag but haven't communicated anything since to the gen-pop.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    Marto wrote: »

They announced it during a Twitch livestream where they showed it off. Even posted that they were coming to the game on Twitter: (source: here )

It was available to test during the Stonethorn PTS cycle, hence how we found out it was banning people in the first place.
    Mentioned in multiple Patch Notes from the Stonethorn PTS, they're known officially as a "Multi-Rider Mount": (source: here , here , & here )

I'd even made a thread about it a year ago, here, when it banned one of my boyfriend's characters while we were riding it together. (Also, it was a disaster if you happened to get a loading screen while riding in the back of it.... /shudders)

It was announced, advertised, and confirmed by ZOS. It just had some very serious problems and that's why it hasn't been released.

*Edited to add a few more PTS links.

Agreed, a ban issue from the anti-cheat algorithms is an 'uh-oh' and needs fixing 1st.... the auto-ban was something i heard about too but had not heard from any reliable sources for a long bit. Thank you for confirming. Since they were given out to the contest winners a few months back I would assume those were the acid-tests for live servers. It'd be really nice to hear from ZOS again finally- officially- with some update to see if it still has issues and isstill shelved or if it's back in the works for full release now that they've obviously cleared it in some capacity.
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on July 11, 2021 5:30PM
    NA EP CP1200+

• Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah we'll just get another DLC like Blackwood with more mythical items for cheesing.

Good luck with the mount ;)

*Hope I'm wrong*
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah yes so in other words, you just get rid of it and never speak of it again. It's obvious they can't fix it.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Obviously it's 'Ready' since they gave it out to contest winners for each platform just a few months ag but haven't communicated anything since to the gen-pop.

I'm wondering if that was more "Here are all of the mounts in collections! Hope we didn't include any bugged ones!" than "We know everything works perfectly so you get to be more special than everyone else!" I guess if one of those contest winners wanted to be devious, they should just test with one of their friends to see if the friend's account gets banned for botting...

There are several things that are available in collections (I'm always stuck on hairstyles...) that haven't been available through the store for one reason or another. They really did hype the group mounts, to the extent that they devoted a whole segment of an ESO live to them, so I figure that they don't know how to fix this bug easily which is why they're still stuck in limbo. It was like that with the costumes that hid the shield as well last year - once people figured out you could exploit it to be invisible in PvP, they deactivated the costume completely. It was only once they fixed that bug that they started selling costumes like that again... but the one they deactivated never came back to the crown store for sale (until it ended up in a crown crate half a year or so later).

I assume that if/when they fix the bug, they'll be on sale. But it'll be tough to do - if it's just a flag that's set saying "cheat system, ignore my positioning since I'm a rider," that sounds like something that an actual cheater could easily hack in and set for themselves to bypass a lot of restrictions...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that cheat programs can send the on 2 person mount code to server.
    And no if your are an active player and got banned because of this you will get the ban lifted fast.
    As in the type of players to use the PTS a lot.
    Still I would not want this problem on my lap. I would put it behind the Khajiit tail turfs who was an thing during Morrowind PTS. Yes limited interest but also much less impact if you had to pull it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please show proof that these players got this.
    zaria wrote: »

The problem is that cheat programs can send the on 2 person mount code to server.
    And no if your are an active player and got banned because of this you will get the ban lifted fast.
    As in the type of players to use the PTS a lot.
    Still I would not want this problem on my lap. I would put it behind the Khajiit tail turfs who was an thing during Morrowind PTS. Yes limited interest but also much less impact if you had to pull it.

It would easily create a situation where players being unnecessarily flagged for cheating would get banned, contact customer service, have to be dealt with, and then possibly banned again over and over. There is no reason to put company resources to waste on that.

And even if you sent a signal to the cheat program that the players were on such a mount the issue arose specifically when one of the players disconnected from the server. We’ve seen such over and over again in Cyrodiil
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I'd like some clarity about this please. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_Kevin
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    Somehow it is amazing that resources were spent on this. It is difficult to imagine a less needed feature.
    For REAL.

I don't wanna go nuts-to-butts with NONE of y'all!

:s
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please show proof that these players got this

I guarantee that would get this thread shut down for "naming and shaming" with a quickness. In fact, I'll be surprised if this one doesn't just vanish, like a few others on the same subject have in the past.

One of the contest winners posted screenshots on Facebook of themselves with their multi-rider mount, in situations that could only be possible after the mounts were pulled from the test server, never to return again. Many people saw it.

I'd be interested to hear the official explanation from ZOS as well, but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.

Edited by Jaraal on July 12, 2021 8:59AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Please show proof that these players got this

I guarantee that would get this thread shut down for "naming and shaming" with a quickness. In fact, I'll be surprised if this one doesn't just vanish, like a few others on the same subject have in the past.

One of the contest winners posted screenshots on Facebook of themselves with their multi-rider mount, in situations that could only be possible after the mounts were pulled from the test server, never to return again. Many people saw it.

I'd be interested to hear the official explanation from ZOS as well, but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.

Linking to a screenshot would in no way be naming and shaming if the photo was cropped AND that this isn’t about shaming but rather backing up an assertion that these were somehow released to members of the public.

It would be the same as asking proof of a glitch.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wont even acknowledge game breaking bugs. You think they wanna talk about an embarrassment like this?

Edit: Looks like I'll eat my words
    Edited by FangOfTheTwoMoons on July 12, 2021 9:12PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to hear final word from ZOS on this. I was GREATLY looking forward to this. I play with someone who has a poor quality monitor and cannot upgrade, and frankly she's a terrible driver and we would have a lot smoother time if I drove. We were both really excited about that announcement and the preview, and I even bought a bunch of crowns in anticipation.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Thanks for the follow-up here, @AyeshaBelladonna. Currently, we have identified some additional work we need to do for the mount and while we do still plan to release it, it's a little ways off. Thanks for your continued patience and stay tuned for details.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I'd also like to hear final word from ZOS on this. I was GREATLY looking forward to this. I play with someone who has a poor quality monitor and cannot upgrade, and frankly she's a terrible driver and we would have a lot smoother time if I drove. We were both really excited about that announcement and the preview, and I even bought a bunch of crowns in anticipation.

Thanks for your feedback here, @Minyassa. This is great feedback for us to know.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. Thanks for the follow-up here, @AyeshaBelladonna. Currently, we have identified some additional work we need to do for the mount and while we do still plan to release it, it's a little ways off. Thanks for your continued patience and stay tuned for details.

I am so glad to hear this and get some communication about it. Thank you very much!
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭

By Ysgramor's beard I never thought I'd see the day.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The transparency is appreciated!

...as long as it doesn't extend to the mount. See-through mounts would be a little strange.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow, thank you so much, Kevin!
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Kevin for answering! So happy the idea didn't get trashed
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TYVM for touching base with us about this! At least we know it's still in the works and has not been abandoned, which is what really matters most to a lot of us. We totally understand that some fixes were probably just not possible while everyone worked from home and that likely delayed the troubleshooting. I just didn't want to sit here with my housing guild wasting hope on it if it was being totally scrapped. Much like the HUGE delay with Jode's Embrace, we don't mind waiting as long as we know we are not waiting in vain! <3
    NA EP CP1200+

• AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

Ditto lol! I even set aside crowns to raffle one off for my guild when they launch :D Still hyped for it when it finally drops :smile:
    NA EP CP1200+