The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need nerf to Purge and Rapid Maneuver

• LordOsiris
    LordOsiris
    ✭✭✭
    Every skill has a anti skill, maybe your gameplay is wrong! Yeah, ballgroups are a great suffer, but at the moment they are defeatable, what I can confirm. And sometimes it takes some time. But there is no need at all to nerf again things very usefull for all. I mean for player unwilling playing game's mechanics ZOS should stop nerfing things witch are good working!
    If you wanna know more about me, check first here: eso-database.com/en/user/LordOsiris
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    the real solution to these issues is a counter spell.
    a magicka burn on enemies and a healer blocker.
    more specifically make new or rework old abilities into additional healing blockers and a magicka burn.
    • inevitable detonation becoming a magicka bomb if purged would be great.
    • vampire drain being able to drain magicka AND health would be great.
    • twin slashes (the DW ability) being able to block healing would be fantastic for the non-meta players.
    • DW ultimate being able to block healing would be decent.
    • mages guild's DoT spell being able to burn magicka would be great.
    • Fighters guild silver bolts being able to block healing would be great.
    • soul trap being able to block some healing and burn magicka would make it a fantastic ability.

for the grand fanale, making both Consuming Darkness and Radial Sweep burn magicka and block healing since templars and non-gankblades struggle to perform in PvP.

and by magicka burn i mean actual magicka bar damage as if it was health.
    healing absorbtion already exists on timestop, but we need more sources of it, timestop could also use a slight cast speed buff

there now we have a ton of new tools to use to help melt down the infinite resource tankers and ball groups.

Instead of hitting ball groups, this would just make all mag groups obsolete in Cyrodiil and/or make gank builds stronger and remove any little counterplay that is left in the game.

Real solution is to either put ramping cost or CD on purge so it can't be spammed as much. There's already a CD on certain skills that are single target and no where near as strong in terms of benefit (power lash, petrify, etc.), and every purging set also has a CD attached to it that is longer than the time it takes to regen the mag used to purge (unless you are a build with low regen, but you wouldn't be spamming it anyway).

Templar purge limited to self and synergy activation.

The purging CP even has a long CD, but the skill itself that requires no synergy or special activation requirements? Nah...

Makes little sense.
    wouldnt fix anything
    only thing happening is that zerg healers would struggle more
    but ball groups would just give more playeres purge on the backbar and than coardinate it = nothing changes

finaly accept ballgroups there is no way to only nerf ball groups without destroying pvp

What a fallacy. I don't even know of a single "zerg healer" that slots purge.

In fact, does purge even work outside of a group?

Yeah, I don't know because when I heal a zerg I am not slotting purge because there is zero reason to ever slot it. But from it's description, more than likely not.

Also, the only time ball groups vanished other than "broken siege" was during the ramping cost tests. Even with procs, ball groups were severely hampered, and it literally came down to the fact they couldn't simply spam purge. Everyone that played on PC EU and NA during those test knows it, and ZOS should also know it too.

There is no "either ball groups exist or PvP doesn't" argument either because PvP works just fine without a ball spamming purge, and guess what? We're only talking about one or two skills here.

If a single skill, item, or mechanic in the game is the only way for something to be successfully completed or gives a massive advantage or disadvantage, then it might be a good time to consider it might just be OP relative to everything else in the game.

But if I were a player in a ballgroup that depended on the fact that purge is spammable and has no CD, I wouldn't admit it either.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    more specifically make new or rework old abilities into additional healing blockers and a magicka burn.
    • twin slashes (the DW ability) being able to block healing would be fantastic for the non-meta players.
    • soul trap being able to block some healing and burn magicka would make it a fantastic ability.

for the grand fanale, making both Consuming Darkness and Radial Sweep burn magicka and block healing since templars and non-gankblades struggle to perform in PvP.

healing absorbtion already exists on timestop, but we need more sources of it, timestop could also use a slight cast speed buff

there now we have a ton of new tools to use to help melt down the infinite resource tankers and ball groups.

Instead of hitting ball groups, this would just make all mag groups obsolete in Cyrodiil and/or make gank builds stronger and remove any little counterplay that is left in the game.

Real solution is to either put ramping cost or CD on purge so it can't be spammed as much. There's already a CD on certain skills that are single target and no where near as strong in terms of benefit (power lash, petrify, etc.), and every purging set also has a CD attached to it that is longer than the time it takes to regen the mag used to purge (unless you are a build with low regen, but you wouldn't be spamming it anyway).

The purging CP even has a long CD, but the skill itself that requires no synergy or special activation requirements? Nah...

Makes little sense.
    wouldnt fix anything
    but ball groups would just give more playeres purge on the backbar and than coardinate it = nothing changes

finaly accept ballgroups there is no way to only nerf ball groups without destroying pvp

Yeah, I don't know because when I heal a zerg I am not slotting purge because there is zero reason to ever slot it. But from it's description, more than likely not.

Also, the only time ball groups vanished other than "broken siege" was during the ramping cost tests. Even with procs, ball groups were severely hampered, and it literally came down to the fact they couldn't simply spam purge. Everyone that played on PC EU and NA during those test knows it, and ZOS should also know it too.

There is no "either ball groups exist or PvP doesn't" argument either because PvP works just fine without a ball spamming purge, and guess what? We're only talking about one or two skills here.

If a single skill, item, or mechanic in the game is the only way for something to be successfully completed or gives a massive advantage or disadvantage, then it might be a good time to consider it might just be OP relative to everything else in the game.

But if I were a player in a ballgroup that depended on the fact that purge is spammable and has no CD, I wouldn't admit it either.

dont know if a 3man pvp group counts as ball group - if not i m not member of one - even without purge ball groups would exist . maybe it would take a week than all setups would be adjustet with e.g. more heal or class swaps to self purge (like necro or warden)
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭

Makes little sense.
    wouldnt fix anything

and maybe if no zerg healer is using that skill like u say maybe thats the reason zergs die so fast ?
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Purge and barrier hit grouped allies only.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    All I see here is. "You deleted all my debuffs, thats ILLEGAL!"
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously the PvP game balance is bad.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the nerfers. Enough of begging for nerfs.