Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undertaker Set Lifesteal Bug

• spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Patched today on console, tomorrow on PC :)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/578755/

Thank God. I have wasted hours of my life fighting these jerks who just want to troll people endlessly.
    Options
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patched today on console, tomorrow on PC :)

Thank God. I have wasted hours of my life fighting these jerks who just want to troll people endlessly.

You will still waste it regardless they will just revert to stamina necromancer with bugged mortal coil which double ticks in heal
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    2) Life steal now has a 1 second cooldown per target. This means that when you are attacking X targets with life steal on them, you will heal for up to X times the value of life steal per second. This was tested both against multiple NPCs and in a test duel with a pet sorc. Judging by the patch notes, it is still not 100% clear if this is a bug or intentional.

I would be very interested to know if this change was intentional, whether it also applies to magickasteal, and whether it was reverted by the console fix for Undertaker.
    Options
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) Life steal now has a 1 second cooldown per target. This means that when you are attacking X targets with life steal on them, you will heal for up to X times the value of life steal per second. This was tested both against multiple NPCs and in a test duel with a pet sorc. Judging by the patch notes, it is still not 100% clear if this is a bug or intentional.

I would be very interested to know if this change was intentional, whether it also applies to magickasteal, and whether it was reverted by the console fix for Undertaker.

the set was never bugged they literally stated that they removed the cooldown last year when they reworked the set.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/537057/pts-patch-notes-v6-1-0 for reference. Doesn't matter much anyways since its getting its much needed cooldown back.
    Edited by Extinct_Solo_Player on June 24, 2021 12:44AM
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the set was never bugged they literally stated that they removed the cooldown last year when they reworked the set.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/537057/pts-patch-notes-v6-1-0 for reference. Doesn't matter much anyways since its getting its much needed cooldown back.

You're totally misunderstanding the u27 patch notes. Removing the cooldown from the Undertaker set is not the same as removing the cooldown from minor lifesteal. The undertaker set used to only be able to apply lifesteal once every 8 seconds, and that's the cooldown that got removed. The lifesteal effect's own 1 second cooldown never went anywhere.

The recent situation where re-applying minor lifesteal would reset it's cooldown was an obvious bug, and is clearly being fixed.

What I care about is whether the cooldown of lifesteal being per-target instead of global is a bug, or if it's a happy side effect of the changes mentioned in the u30 patch notes. It seems like the change probably would have been explicitly described if it had been intended, but it's significantly less obviously broken than the cooldown reset on re-application was.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on June 24, 2021 3:27AM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you not seen the evidence in this thread? If that's not bugged then I don't know what to tell you.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kudos for getting this fixed before MYM.
    Credit is given where credit is due.
    Also I'm glad I didn't waste gold and transmutes on this set.
    I do hope people that exploited it spent millions of gold tho 《~~》
    Edited by Firstmep on June 24, 2021 5:29AM
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Looks like you jinxed it
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was thinking to give you an agree and then I though let them first fix it then praise them and agree for the praise :smile:
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Looks like you jinxed it

Sigh..
    Well this is gonna be a fun MYM..
    Options
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Have you not seen the evidence in this thread? If that's not bugged then I don't know what to tell you.

What I'm seeing is every other form of lifesteal working with a cooldown apart from this set, so yes its obviously broken but its due to what zos did removing cooldown on it must have broke something. It's not like im saying it should stay as it is......
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

What I'm seeing is every other form of lifesteal working with a cooldown apart from this set, so yes its obviously broken but its due to what zos did removing cooldown on it must have broke something. It's not like im saying it should stay as it is......

The patch note you're referring to is from u27 and this bug didn't show up until u30.
    Options