Undertaker Set Lifesteal Bug

RatchetKaar
RatchetKaar
✭✭
Lifesteal applied by undertaker refreshes every time you deal dmg.
Which causes a special lifesteal effect that can heal you multiple times in 1 second.
For example:
rapid strikes hit enemy 5 times in 1 second
normally it should heal you once by 600 bcz that is how lifesteal should work, 1 second cooldown
but it heals you for 600*5 = 3000

If you abuse this with aoe's etc. you will become immortal in pvp and outheal healers in pve.
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    yes set is broken.

can we have a statement @ZOS_GinaBruno ? are u aware? are u looking into it?
    Please fix the game!
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Little proof video:
    (around 7k HPS)

https://streamable.com/rioti7
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are telling me it wasn't Pariah keeping everyone alive? I've been lied to?
  • RatchetKaar
    RatchetKaar
    ✭✭
    kxkhgb9m6pm4.png
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know its broken by the number of people wearing it in cyrodil.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Atrael7
    Atrael7
    ✭✭✭
    And in BGs. Would love to see some official communication that they're aware of this and working on a fix.
  • d3ccy
    d3ccy
    Soul Shriven
    Atrael7 wrote: »
    And in BGs. Would love to see some official communication that they're aware of this and working on a fix.

yes, would be really nice to hear from a dev that they're looking into this. seen many folk say it's working as intended and if that is the case i would appreciate knowing that too.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I hope this gets addressed soon, it's pretty dumb.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess what set I'm going to use until its fixed
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethardt wrote: »
    Little proof video:
    (around 7k HPS)

https://streamable.com/rioti7

Wtfh
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure this is an "Undertaker" bug spesificly, because other Lifesteal sources works the same way. I tested the Warden vines skill with Lifesteal and it also proced from multiply sources. Also in the patch notes, ZOS is referring to changes that were made specifically to life steal.

"Minor Lifesteal and Magickasteal: Both of these effects have received significant backend adjustments to how they operate, fixing many cases where the caster of the effect would change contexts. They now are considered to be sourced from the caster of the effect, rather than the target of the effect.".

So not sure its intended or not. I think even the mgicka steal debuff works the same way now.

and yes, It is very strong and should be observed very closely.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure this is an "Undertaker" bug spesificly, because other Lifesteal sources works the same way. I tested the Warden vines skill with Lifesteal and it also proced from multiply sources. Also in the patch notes, ZOS is referring to changes that were made specifically to life steal.

"Minor Lifesteal and Magickasteal: Both of these effects have received significant backend adjustments to how they operate, fixing many cases where the caster of the effect would change contexts. They now are considered to be sourced from the caster of the effect, rather than the target of the effect.".

So not sure its intended or not. I think even the mgicka steal debuff works the same way now.

The wording of life and magical steal clearly states that they should only proc once a second.
    This is clearly a bug.
    And yes it affects more than just undertaker, I've been seeing a lot of people running force siphon too lately. It's pretty busted on magdk with all the dots and healing modifiers.
    The old lifesteal didn't particularly scale well when fighting multiple opponents, but this is way over the top, and should be fixed soon.
  • DangOlMeatball
    DangOlMeatball
    Soul Shriven
  • falkler
    falkler
    Soul Shriven
    This set should have cooldown like 1 second or more. It's literally abuse
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been hearing people talking about this set. It was buffed Update 27 to have no cooldown and proc on any damage.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I've been hearing people talking about this set. It was buffed Update 27 to have no cooldown and proc on any damage.

It wasn't buffed - it was bugged with the update. The tooltip says it should have a 1 sec cooldown. We have most ball groups in cyro running it right now, and it's pretty much destroyed the game there.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Call of the Undertaker:
    This set no longer has a cooldown.
    This set now triggers on any damage done, rather than only Light Attacks.

That is what the patch notes say for update 27.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/542612/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-1-5-stonethorn-update-27

That looks like a buff to me, but I'm not saying that it's not bugged. I'm just pointing out that it was changed last year.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few are talking about players being banned for using the set. It's definitely not working as intended. Not sure why the Devs just don't come out and say something about it.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    A few are talking about players being banned for using the set. It's definitely not working as intended. Not sure why the Devs just don't come out and say something about it.

banned for what? some players might not even know about the issue and use it. Devs should ban themselves for this and lack of communication. Maybe in a week we will recieve free pet or they will disable all procs in cyro again. Or maybe both, dunno what "solution" they will choose now
  • d3ccy
    d3ccy
    Soul Shriven

i’m pretty sure lifesteal is overproccing in all contexts, but it’s most egregious with undertaker.

@HankTwo and i tested it. i had undertaker backbarred and used volatile armour. when on the backbar every bit of damage i received procced the life steal. so when he used flurry each hit of the channel healed me. when he put out pets and atro while using flurry i was healing for up to 1200 for each bit of damage taken. if i flipped to the front bar it worked the way you expect to, healing me once per second.

it seems clear that this set is reapplying every time you do damage.

i then tested it in one bg and got 800k group healing, when i usually reach around 200k on a good day with radiating regen for cross healing.

i fought a dude running this set in a bg and it’s so busted his lifesteal healed me for 50k. 🙃
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

This is really really bad.

Vet DLC content can be soloed now. The really hard vet DLC content can be done with a few people.

It's the immortality cheat. It really is. I tested it thoroughly, and it's really really bad.

All of the players who hang around trying to solo a bunch of enemies in Cyrodiil are wearing it, and are basically immortal.

I spent 4 hours with a group of them hanging outside of one of our keeps. They'd only siege if they wanted more people come to fail to kill them for a half an hour. They just stood there, I assume, cackling about it.

Midyear Mayhem starts in 1.5 hours, and it's going to be a total fiasco.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even better, turn procs off for mym so new people don't get destroyed by people who've geared up for 6 months into a bunch of truly broken builds. Way easier for a newbie to step into a 19 set meta, where most of them are crafted, and the experienced players aren't immortal gods.

Between that and how broken Vicious Death was (and since it was buffed, is now even worse) to the point now where half of cyrodiil is running the same build, and can kill 15-30 players in 2-3 hits). It's a travesty. The only mechanic now is avoid the troll tanks and watch out for the bombers. And watch out for the ball groups, as they have both (not the particularly good ones, but logs don't lie).
    Edited by spacefracking on June 23, 2021 12:55PM
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. This explains a lot of what I saw in Cyrodiil yesterday.
  • Gizit
    Gizit
    ✭✭✭
    Even better, turn procs off for mym so new people don't get destroyed by people who've geared up for 6 months into a bunch of truly broken builds. Way easier for a newbie to step into a 19 set meta, where most of them are crafted, and the experienced players aren't immortal gods.

Between that and how broken Vicious Death was (and since it was buffed, is now even worse) to the point now where half of cyrodiil is running the same build, and can kill 15-30 players in 2-3 hits). It's a travesty. The only mechanic now is avoid the troll tanks and watch out for the bombers. And watch out for the ball groups, as they have both (not the particularly good ones, but logs don't lie).

you said there were notes for update 30 as well, can you link those?
    While i agree the set is over performing - it really hasn't changed much in cyro. in the hands of great players its harder to kill them the more you zerg them. Which I get it, the way a lot of players think are.

"Why can the thirty of us standing here light attacking these two players kill them while they LOS the few of us using abilities!"
    Now that may seem like a toxic statement but we both know its true.. This is the same as Crimson, in the hands of Mediocre and up PvP'ers it is very very strong.. In the hands of the mediocre and below, well you dont get a lot of life steal procs from light attacks...

But that doesnt take away from, yes this is really over performing, but i am happy to have read the update notes someone posted here.
    I dont agree with this MASS REPORT sentiment I have been hearing from friends, I find that more damaging to the community than the equipment itself.

Hopefully, and soon we hear about adjustments. But you are correct that Mid Year will be hurtful since there are already 6 to 1 bombers now, imagine when they "think" PvP will be filled with new comers.

I will be impressed if pop caps even get higher than what they are at current times.. There is no need for these people to play cyro, Same gear, same motifs, same dungeons, same map, Same towns, same quests... No New Content stay in blackwood where the game truly shines.
    I do the things! for the team, score points! win the day by *** the stuff! HELL yeah!
  • scrobey
    scrobey
    ✭✭✭
    *Fixed an issue where the effects from Minor Lifesteal and Magickasteal could ignore their cooldowns in some cases.

This is in the Xbox notes today..
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned by @d3ccy , we have checked undertaker and other sources of life steal in test duels. Here are our findings:

1) Life steal ignores battle spirit. We tried it both in duels and against NPCs and the healing numbers were exactly the same. This is a bug and should be fixed.

2) Life steal now has a 1 second cooldown per target. This means that when you are attacking X targets with life steal on them, you will heal for up to X times the value of life steal per second. This was tested both against multiple NPCs and in a test duel with a pet sorc. Judging by the patch notes, it is still not 100% clear if this is a bug or intentional.

3) Reapplying life steal with undertaker resets the cooldown, effectively circumventing the 1 heal per second per target limitation. This makes the set extremely OP across the board, but especially on dragon knights due to their spiked armor damage reflection effect. This was tested in a duel against a dk. When undertaker was double barred or on the active bar, attacking the wearer while he had spiked armor up with flurry resulted in 5 healing ticks per second. However, when life steal from undertaker was applied on one bar, and then switched to the other where the 5-piece was not active, flurry only resulted in 1 healing tick per second, as intended.

Other sources of life steal, like blood altar, never showed this behavior and didn't ignore the 1 second cooldown per target. Interestingly enough, warden's leeching vines skill, even though it can reapply life steal without a cooldown just like undertaker, also didn't result in more than 1 healing tick per second per target (kinda unexpected), so this bug seems pretty specific to undertaker. Imo, its a pressing issue and should be fixed fast judging by how broken op it is.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro is already infested with people abusing this
  • scrobey
    scrobey
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm that the Xbox patch fixed it?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess a CD is coming. I am almost 100% sure that the the issue is that when you do damage it re-applies the lifesteal and heals you. The lazy solution will be to add CD and I bet that ZoS will do exactly this.
    Because I can!
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patched today on console, tomorrow on PC :)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/578755/
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club