Maintenance for the week of October 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 26, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
The Deadlands DLC and Update 32 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Companions - Your first impression on our new friends

Lugaldu
Lugaldu
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I started showing Basti the world and I think he finds it exciting.

51218778345_9a3c539ef5_b.jpg

Have you already started your adventure, what is your first impression?
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭
    So, reading the patch notes. Rapport sounds like influence from SW:Tor with the companion there. Higher you get it the more they like you and give quests. Am I correct?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bastian looks like Mario
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Do companions get in you way like combat pets?
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea. Still working out the kinks but it’s something new for us so that is good.

My companion stands in red but I guess that’s par for the course in eso :)
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭
    Altaire wrote: »
    Do companions get in you way like combat pets?

Definitely they do
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can white jewelry for companions be bought or is jewelry drop only?
  • Vhale
    Vhale
    ✭✭✭
    Do quest NPCs react to companions? IE dialog changes?
    I really hate pets getting under my cursor, so unless there's furnishing rewards I am not compelled to use them. I wouldn't mind a pocket healer for some DLC WBs. But if they get offended by petty larceny we are parting ways forever.
    The Ska'vyn Exchange
    Savage Blade
    Vhale Sirothe -Templar - Grand Master Crafter - Daggerfall
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    First impression,

Bastion is the easier quest,
    Both are good quests and didn't take too long,
    I have not found any companion gear, but I need to play more though. On a break currently right now.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selminus wrote: »
    Lack of head armor is a serious immersion flaw with no valid reasoning considering they have names and bodies and stuff

An unforgettable moment today right in the first 2 minutes in front of Leyawiin - I wanted to go on my way to do Bastian's quests and who do I see with someone else right next to me? Basti in all its grandeur!

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, reading the patch notes. Rapport sounds like influence from SW:Tor with the companion there. Higher you get it the more they like you and give quests. Am I correct?

The more Rapport you have, then you can have them as a House Guest.

IDK if there are other reasons, but that seems to be the big one.

Edited by Nestor on June 1, 2021 6:43PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In game pad mode murri was always in the way when I was trying to jump on or over things. Press a to jump talk to murri instead. Very annoying.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given I've run public dungeons and dolmens, I haven't had either companion die AT ALL. Perhaps public dungeons aren't considered difficult content, but in either case, they didn't die... so I'm quite pleased with them. However, I would seriously like ZOS to change their threat level, they should not be pulling enemies from me when I'm hitting with tons of damage and they are not.
    Started ESO: May 2015 - Left Sept 2018 - Returned: May 2021
    PC-NA AD
    MAGBLADE / STAMBLADE / MAGPLAR / MAGDEN / STAMPLAR
    CP: 1330
    ESO+

** Strictly a solo PvE quester **
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orion_89 wrote: »
    Mirri is a perfect party as far as I farm resources almost every day. She really likes that I harvest nodes. Also when I did the antiquitie digging our rapport had grown up. She is nice but sadly I saw bunch of her copies at dolmens.

ZOS, I'm seriously asking: give us an option to cover their heads and/or change their hairstyles!

They both have a thing for resource nodes.

And yes, it is a bit disconcerting to see the companions everywhere.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I start new content with fishing so the players that want to speed through everything will have thinned out some as I try to take my time through content. Mirri likes to try and stand so I talk to her instead of cast a line. Usually taking two steps to the left helps.
    Sometimes purple is just a color.
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have much to go off other than pictures but neither of them really appeal to me. I hope they add more companions in the future, I really want a mage or scholar companion.