The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Farming weapons in dungeons is a torture

• Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look it's an MMO. ALL of these games have an inherent grind included in them.
    Most of them have some kind of token system to ensure that even if you aren't lucky after 50 something runs you'll get what you need.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should just have bosses always drop a body piece and a weapon/jewelry piece. It's not like it would break the dungeon economy or anything.

Nah, I don't need more body pieces. I'll already end the dungeon with 4 body and only 1 weapon OR 1 jewelry. So many solutions but this isn't one.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Rescorla_ESO
    Rescorla_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The loot pool for final bosses should be weapons only. Jewelry already drops from the earlier bosses and chests. I've been grinding Blake Drake Villa to get Kinra's Daggers to drop and I've lost count of the number of times a piece of jewelry drops from the final and secret boss of that dungeon.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    Zos should introduce Elite dungeons. Basically the same re-skin of each dungeons but with triple the difficulty, 6 man group, better drop rates, guaranteed gold mats and increased drop rate for a weapon/jewelry/armor piece you haven’t owned yet.

HM for each boss in elite dungeons. Elite Frostvault, HM Vault protector- Add Vertical lasers

To be fair, there is only 1 way of increasing your drop chances of a piece you haven’t owned before. That is by creating a new toon and grinding that specific dungeon. Medusa inferno staff just recently dropped on my lvl 35 tank when I went to normal arx and I was like huh? I’ve also collected 4 new additional pieces when I deconstructed them (can’t remember what they were).

A lot of people forget that if a baby toon collects a new piece, it is account wide. So I was able to reconstruct that lvl 35 Inferno Medusa into a lvl 160cp in my crafting toon :).
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    They should just have bosses always drop a body piece and a weapon/jewelry piece. It's not like it would break the dungeon economy or anything.

Nah, I don't need more body pieces. I'll already end the dungeon with 4 body and only 1 weapon OR 1 jewelry. So many solutions but this isn't one.

Nah, this is a good solution. Getting more weapon and jewelry drops far outweighs getting 1 extra body piece in addition to the weapon or jewelry piece the last boss already gives. If you don't want the 1 measly extra body piece at the end, just vendor it for more gold in your pocket or decon it for more materials for your craft bag. Literally no downsides.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    Some posts say "it's an MMO and in other MMO there's lot of uttelry boring grinding, thus it's ok to have this in ESO because it's an MMO": I don't see the logical link here. MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online, not for Massively Multigrinding Online nor Mindless Monotony Online... Some other MMO games oblige to such time consuming torture of boredom, hence this one has to be like this too ? Come on... If this was a valid argument then we would still light fires with flint stones.

Some others want so much to leave a reply, that all they can say is in the likes of "just don't do it there are other sets" type of cynical comment: guys that's not the point (you could say "go lay an egg instead" and it'd be the same kind of rhetoric :p . We know there are other sets and myriads of possible combinations etc.).

I expected to be relieved of such a torture after about 50 runs max in that dungeon. There are so many dungeons in this game, and so many other things to do for spending my cash (and leisure time) into, so why would Zenimax take the risk of filling my psyche with boredom in a single dungeon for month just to have a chance of getting one inferno staff ? I'm about 100 runs now... That mechanic should be revisited: IMHO, considering this as some ineluctable or imposed "standard" for an MMO is simply ludicrous. It's time to be creative...

One solution: cancel my ESO Plus membership and run that dungeon until I finally get that staff !
  • AlekoB253
    AlekoB253
    ✭✭
    Weapon/Jewelry/Armor should drop at same rates within Group Dungeons. I totally agree ZOS needs to change this.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red99 wrote: »
    The dungeon weapons drop system is COMPLETELY WRONG, if you are unlucky you have to run the same dungeon hundreds of time to try to get a specific weapon (not a perfect trait weapon just a generic trait cuz transmutation station), atleast the last boss should drop weapon+jewelery and not only weapon or jewelery

Which is why I don't do it. Not worth my time.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to sell dungeon equipment at the guild store.
    Players can solve it with gold.
  • AlekoB253
    AlekoB253
    ✭✭
    I want to sell dungeon equipment at the guild store.
    Players can solve it with gold.

That might be a little too much as the population doing group dungeons would plummet especially for the older dungeons that vet players have run 100+ times already. They just need to have all items be able to drop from all bosses in the dungeons.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming weapons in dungeons is such a pain its almost torture. All bosses should be able to have higher chances to drop weapons. This Last boss weapon drop makes it so those who focus on farming a set by putting in so many hours for a specific get punished with burn out.

CHANGE THE SYSTEM ZOS! Please. It's not fair.
  • dehzr
    dehzr
    ✭✭
    Got precise inferno Medusa my 5th run, vMA perfected inferno on my 2nd run. Took me 60-70 runs to get a Hollowfang Sash. Spent thousands of keys trying to get the right trait, right weight monster shoulders, and now they are super easy to get via reconstructing and now it’s a guaranteed number of transmutes for random normals and vet pledges. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don’t. All RNG. Don’t change the system. ESO is a huge grind, if you don’t like grinding, probably the wrong game for ya. Not getting the gear you want, sucks, but it makes it that much better when ya do get it.
    -@ PowerstrokeN8R [PC-NA] - DPS: Magblade[Main] - Magplar - MagDK - Magsorc - Healer: Necromancer - Tank: DK - Warden
    Guild: Top Tier
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dehzr wrote: »
    Got precise inferno Medusa my 5th run, vMA perfected inferno on my 2nd run. Took me 60-70 runs to get a Hollowfang Sash. Spent thousands of keys trying to get the right trait, right weight monster shoulders, and now they are super easy to get via reconstructing and now it’s a guaranteed number of transmutes for random normals and vet pledges. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don’t. All RNG. Don’t change the system. ESO is a huge grind, if you don’t like grinding, probably the wrong game for ya. Not getting the gear you want, sucks, but it makes it that much better when ya do get it.

The people leave because they are burned out.... less players, less roles to fill. You get no groups and no loot, you get NOTHING!

People want to changes the system for the better, whats wrong with that. Like cops killing unarmed African Americans, or do you not like change for the better?
  • dehzr
    dehzr
    ✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »

The people leave because they are burned out.... less players, less roles to fill. You get no groups and no loot, you get NOTHING!

People want to changes the system for the better, whats wrong with that. Like cops killing unarmed African Americans, or do you not like change for the better?
    I guess I played back in vet rank days, where every character you had you had to level to max vet rank, no transmutes, nothing like that. If everyone got the gear they wanted, days/weeks/months down the road they would be bored playing I promise you, unless you are a role player or only craft etc. Plus, referring to cops killing unarmed people (how dare you assume that they identify as African American) to farming gear in ESO is inappropriate and quite pathetic. 😂 YIKES. Tbh, a lot of people I have met running random normals were farming for gear. So when people get the gear they need so easily why even run dungeons at all.?
    -@ PowerstrokeN8R [PC-NA] - DPS: Magblade[Main] - Magplar - MagDK - Magsorc - Healer: Necromancer - Tank: DK - Warden
    Guild: Top Tier
  • slip9419
    slip9419
    ✭✭
    i mean rly, the droprate is ridiculous
    my tank still doesnt have ebon shield because it hasn't dropped neither for me, nor for anyopne in my group for like 7 months straight, and i have farmed this dungeon extensivly, on both n and v+hm
    idk how many times did i do it, but it's certainly somewhere close to 100. soloed vet few times - nope, no luck either
    no fg inferno even while i've cleared both nSS and vSS i-cant-count-how-many-times
    no ay daggers or actually any daggers for stam char, despite, again, running vHRC and vHRC+hm i-cant-count-how-many-times
    i have literally everything else from there, but not the pieces i need and it's not like i've grinded for a few days and quit, it's been months
    and i don't actually care anymore
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »

I guess I played back in vet rank days, where every character you had you had to level to max vet rank, no transmutes, nothing like that. If everyone got the gear they wanted, days/weeks/months down the road they would be bored playing I promise you, unless you are a role player or only craft etc. Plus, referring to cops killing unarmed people (how dare you assume that they identify as African American) to farming gear in ESO is inappropriate and quite pathetic. 😂 YIKES. Tbh, a lot of people I have met running random normals were farming for gear. So when people get the gear they need so easily why even run dungeons at all.?

I agree that the simile could have been a little bit less extreme but the reality remains that there always will be people who would like to bring about change vs people who will staunchly defend the status quo.

In this case I am in the 'let's bring about change' camp.

The whole proposition of having people pull the slot machine arm for loot must be balanced with other means of acquisition; may it be giving the chance to do so via challenge rather than sheer chance, implementing the means to 'transmute' equipment into other pieces or equipment, all of the above or any other mechanism that can give a clear indication of effort required vs reward and a very definite time frame when it comes to working towards a goal.