The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC bookshelves are random, in the end I just logged into both campaigns and checked the bookshelves in the home base every day. Eventually the ones I needed were on the shelves.

Just need Tome unsigned now
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm out of:
    - Sealed letter
    - Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted
    - Unhallowed Legions

I've heard that Sealed letter and Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted are fixed on PTS !!! wow, finally

Where can I find the third ??? I know it is a IC random bookshelf... but it's more than a year that I am trying to find it.
    Someone can help me pls... maybe suggesting better areas to look for ?

How are you going about looking for the IC book? Back when I was looking for mine, I followed the list of IC bookshelves in the first post of this thread. (Don’t forget there are shelves in your base, too.)

They seem to reset every two days or so, and they differ by campaign. Midyear Mayhem can be a good time to check because of that, since new campaigns get opened, and we should be getting a permanent no-proc IC campaign soon (Update 31, if I remember right).

Of course I am often checking IC bookshelves in my base ! I have found all the other IC books in that way. The only one book I still can't find is "Unhallowed legions". That is the reason why I am asking for some help. P.S. In Aldmeri Dominion base there are only two bookshelves, but in other factions there are more !!!!
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, I'm out of:
    - Sealed letter
    - Unhallowed Legions

I've heard that Sealed letter and Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted are fixed on PTS !!! wow, finally

Where can I find the third ??? I know it is a IC random bookshelf... but it's more than a year that I am trying to find it.

How are you going about looking for the IC book? Back when I was looking for mine, I followed the list of IC bookshelves in the first post of this thread. (Don’t forget there are shelves in your base, too.)

They seem to reset every two days or so, and they differ by campaign. Midyear Mayhem can be a good time to check because of that, since new campaigns get opened, and we should be getting a permanent no-proc IC campaign soon (Update 31, if I remember right).

Of course I am often checking IC bookshelves in my base ! I have found all the other IC books in that way. The only one book I still can't find is "Unhallowed legions". That is the reason why I am asking for some help. P.S. In Aldmeri Dominion base there are only two bookshelves, but in other factions there are more !!!!

They're random, can't really help other than you can check more bookshelves by using the IC guild in the first post.

Unless somebody else here is looking for them and posts when they found that specific book and what shelf it was on for that short cycle the books are before they rotate. But many of us here are probably mostly done with our IC books. Just takes some time unfortunately and some lucky RNG to get it.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, I'm out of:
    - Sealed letter
    - Unhallowed Legions

If you are only checking in the base, it will take ages to find it. The list in the first post has a lot more.
    Edited by virtus753 on April 24, 2021 5:56PM
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if they ever added Rite of the Scion back into the quest to become a vampire? It is the only book I am still missing. I do not want to go to the hassle of becoming a vampire again just to find it is still missing.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    No I still cannot get that Rite of the Scion. :(
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just missed "The Apprentices' God" in Torinaan. It appears to be ONLY available there, but in an underground dungeon that is closed off after you cleanse the altars in there. How can I get it now, if at all?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Finally! Praise the sun!

FIXED ON PTS!!

Checked in Deshaan
    Tome of the Undaunted : Handbills, Posters, and Decrees

Valley of Blades
    Sealed Letter : Mysteries and Clues

Evidence:
    18jlsxootjuk.jpg
    c7dtg06dgntk.jpg
    j5wkhd3ln3i9.jpg

a1kxc1nvjp06.jpg
    yccgzo8lkcul.jpg
    5vhsherirqhv.jpg
    Edited by GeneralEU on May 12, 2021 5:41PM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    I just missed "The Apprentices' God" in Torinaan. It appears to be ONLY available there, but in an underground dungeon that is closed off after you cleanse the altars in there. How can I get it now, if at all?

I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that there is a pile of the letters and pages right where you meet the priest for the side quest in that area. Either next to where he was sitting in the ward, or on the platform next to it in that same bit of ruin.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    jle30303 wrote: »

I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that there is a pile of the letters and pages right where you meet the priest for the side quest in that area. Either next to where he was sitting in the ward, or on the platform next to it in that same bit of ruin.

I can't find it anywhere, can you please show? both on map and a picture of what it looks like?
  • Zayoo
    Zayoo
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to find "Missing Miners" after they announced they fixed some Lorebooks on the PTS for Blackwood.
    The quest item is part of the quest "Digging up trouble" and appears in the upstairs floor of the Bitterblade Mining Consortium in The Greymoor Caverns. You can miss it during the quest though. I tried finding it in the Mining Consortium but haven't been able to. Has anybode else found a post-quest location?
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Unsigned Tome of the Undaunted is fixed on the pts as is the Sealed Letter. Please read the patch notes for details, we have to wait til June for them but finally Zos have listened
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Finally! Praise the sun!

FIXED ON PTS!!

Checked in Deshaan
    Tome of the Undaunted : Handbills, Posters, and Decrees

Evidence:
    18jlsxootjuk.jpg
    c7dtg06dgntk.jpg
    j5wkhd3ln3i9.jpg

No way. Dont make bad jokes with us. Thats rude. 🤬
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »

No way. Dont make bad jokes with us. Thats rude. 🤬

Noo i don't make any bad joke. But still we must wait to June to get this :3
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zayoo wrote: »
    I tried to find "Missing Miners" after they announced they fixed some Lorebooks on the PTS for Blackwood.
    The quest item is part of the quest "Digging up trouble" and appears in the upstairs floor of the Bitterblade Mining Consortium in The Greymoor Caverns. You can miss it during the quest though. I tried finding it in the Mining Consortium but haven't been able to. Has anybode else found a post-quest location?

If I remember rightly post quest it is downstairs in that building but can spawn under the counter so you may have to go in and out of the building a couple of times to get it to spawn on top of the counter
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    Zayoo wrote: »

If I remember rightly post quest it is downstairs in that building but can spawn under the counter so you may have to go in and out of the building a couple of times to get it to spawn on top of the counter

"If you remember rightly".

Can you actually, on any account, prove this by actually showing a picture of it in position, so we know where to look properly?
  • Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    I am also missing this missing miners book and have gone in and out of the building and logged out and re-entered a ton of times with this book never showing up in the area you mentioned. I’m still searching for a post quest location
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    A Plea for the Elder Scrolls (Dominion)
    It is located inside the temple of Mnem, on a pedestal, or rather beneath the pedestal it is supposed to be upon...

I have friends who still needs this.
    I personally did the: run to the temple, run away from the temple until it disappear, log off and log back in. Run to the tempe and grab book - method.

But several of my friends/guildies ( 5 different guilds, 10`s of players ) have a problem with this...

Any other advice?
    I did spam their social media for 1,5 years about the Tome of the Undaunted and 7 months after my social media ban it got fixed... what about this one?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »
    A Plea for the Elder Scrolls (Dominion)
    It is located inside the temple of Mnem, on a pedestal, or rather beneath the pedestal it is supposed to be upon...

I have friends who still needs this.
    I personally did the: run to the temple, run away from the temple until it disappear, log off and log back in. Run to the tempe and grab book - method.

But several of my friends/guildies ( 5 different guilds, 10`s of players ) have a problem with this...

Any other advice?
    I did spam their social media for 1,5 years about the Tome of the Undaunted and 7 months after my social media ban it got fixed... what about this one?

You need to stand near the pedistal where the book is located under and log out/in and it should appear in its proper place where you can pick it up. That's how I got it. The same fix works for the Worship in Franacas book too.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Zayoo
    Zayoo
    ✭✭✭
    Uhlrich wrote: »
    I am also missing this missing miners book and have gone in and out of the building and logged out and re-entered a ton of times with this book never showing up in the area you mentioned. I’m still searching for a post quest location

I tried that, too and found nothing. That book just doesn't exist atm I guess...
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even after Blackwood, "Missing Miners" is still missing.

Another book, also from the Bitterblade Mining Consortium questline, is bugged: "Claudina's Notes" sometimes appears on the table, and sometimes does not (logging out and logging in appears to change this status sometimes.)

And the "Adventurers Almanacs", Volumes 1 and 2, seem to have disappeared from their original locations by the docks in Vulkhel Guard, Davons Watch and Daggerfall. Volume 1 has appeared in the capital-city Undaunted Enclaves (which was in fact where I originally found it), Volume 3 is there as well, but Volume 2 is nowhere to be found.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    "Seek Adventure in Murkmire!" has been nowhere to be found. I tried searching for it before I started Murkmire and after I finished the entire Murkmire storyline, to no avail. Is there a special trigger for it I missed somehow?

Edit: Apparently it's visible after you finish one of the Murkmire Prologue dailies. Kinda weird, but okay.

I just did that and still can't find the letter.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    "Seek Adventure in Murkmire!" has been nowhere to be found. I tried searching for it before I started Murkmire and after I finished the entire Murkmire storyline, to no avail. Is there a special trigger for it I missed somehow?

Edit: Apparently it's visible after you finish one of the Murkmire Prologue dailies. Kinda weird, but okay.

I just did that and still can't find the letter.

It's one of the 6 dailies from Jee-Lar you can do after the prologue quest. Once you post a page and dance, you can pick it up and read it then.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MreeBiPolar Alright. I had some time to venture back into Cyrodiil to chase down the exact locations of these books. Pictures in the spoiler. Chastisement is on the second floor. Warning and Pact Recruitment are on the third. Hopefully, the minimap location helps.
    7vxcj7sjcjvr.png
    y9ug9qf54bzz.png
    w1vwb2sb8g21.png
    zm3k1wgrl64t.png

Regarding the Note to Vanus, that is indeed unfortunate. Hopefully, when ZOS gives the book a post-quest location (as I've said, even if you can get into the area, the book isn't there), they also make sure that it's accessible and there aren't any broken doors. Until then, all we can do is wait.

It's not ideal, I know. Fortunately, however, Scalebreaker should be hitting the PTS relatively soon. With it, hopefully, more book fixes will appear.

@StrafeSinnlos You're looking for a door located next to where my arrow is on the map. It leads into the front garden area where you dodge guards and servants to enter the mansion proper and maneuver around to get the book. It's sitting on a desk in her room on the first floor and is still there after the quest. At least, it was for me when I ran it just now. Couldn't snap a picture because someone had dragged a guard in there.
    6chaedoakggg.png

Happy hunting!

@flynntribe Those pictures of the Sunspire book locations are amazing, and should really help those people looking for them. If I credit you for them (as has been done with all of the other pictures in the main post), may I please add them to the main post? That way, they're easier to find for people looking for them at some perhaps-distant point in the future, as opposed to telling them "It's somewhere earlier in the thread."

Edited because I'm a dingus and forgot to include the picture of Sulima's Mansion's working door.

Thanks for this!

I did this quest donkeys ago and only now I am getting around to chasing all the eidetic memory stuff left behind.

Couldn't for the life of me remember how I got into this wretched place. Righty, Hew's Bane done :)
  • oxenfree
    oxenfree
    Soul Shriven
    Is anyone else unable to get 'The Scroll of Vaia' lorebook, or does anyone know where the after-quest location is? The game won't let me re-enter the Chambers of Loyalty after completing the storyline.

xw9tce14vcri.png

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where “Blackwood Books- Legate Minutes: Concerning Goblins” is located?

UESPWiki says it’s in a Minotaur camp south of Borderwatch but I don’t see a Minotaur camp anywhere near or even a ways out from Borderwatch. Thanks!
    Edited by Meesha1170 on August 12, 2021 5:19PM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Missing Miners" is still missing, or bugged, on the live servers.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where “Blackwood Books- Legate Minutes: Concerning Goblins” is located?

UESPWiki says it’s in a Minotaur camp south of Borderwatch but I don’t see a Minotaur camp anywhere near or even a ways out from Borderwatch. Thanks!

It's on a hill southwest of the white stallion inn. There's a tent with two Minotaurs there, and the book is on the structure
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    General
    Fixed a whole mess of floating/clipping/sunken monsters, books, ...

Time to check those reload-needy books, whoever still needs them ;)

• AryaWinterfell
    HEY THERE^^

yesterday i was only missing two books

Foolish wings and
    one of the impressaria

but today?????? ok i searched for:

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

i completed the quest, have the full report but cant find this

Does someone know?

Greetings to all
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    HEY THERE^^

yesterday i was only missing two books

Foolish wings and
    one of the impressaria

but today?????? ok i searched for:

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

i completed the quest, have the full report but cant find this

Does someone know?

Greetings to all

Actually I just checked and all my books from Eidetic Memory disappeared, the list isn't even there anymore and the lorebooks addon doesn't show them on map