Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase—May 2021"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
hkbd46okzbk2.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Crown Store Showcase—May 2021"

Prepare for your journey to Blackwood by picking up some of these new and returning items, including outfit styles, mounts, pets, and more, all coming to the Crown Store in May!
Staff Post
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I see some nice stuff!

Will we be able to buy the Radient Apex Mounts from the Dragonscale Crates with gems like with the Alyeid ones or was that a one-time thing? :smile:
    Edited by Wolfkeks on May 3, 2021 2:50PM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another month & once again, no hairstyles. Looks like I'll be saving my crowns this time around, though I am excited for the Zaan arms pack.

Why won't they release or bring back hairstyles is beyond me honestly. Hopefully, next month they'll bring back heroic poet & possibly put short mussed wave in the Iron Atronach crates.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice things this month but.... Please bring back Colossal Aldmeri grotto and Jode's Embrace houses.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that Harrowing Reaper dummy equivalent to the Iron Atronach dummy? Because I am really, really tired of parsing on that Iron Atro and would love a change of pace.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With certain exceptions, I don't like the costumes in ESO. That said, I do like the Night Mother's Evangelist. Very interesting.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go on the hairstyle train too - Every showcase is filled with mounts, pets, costumes, and furniture, but it's rare to get anything else.

Since we lost a bunch of hairstyles from the store in 2017 and not gotten them to return, we've only had hairstyles in six showcases: Jan 2018 (Standing Wave, now removed from the store), May 2018 (barbarian pack), Mar 2019 (Adorable Assassin, temporary), May 2019 (Ragged Royal Page, still here), July 2019 (Adorable Assassin again), Mar 2021 (Adorable Assassin again, and Casual Rascal). That's six showcases out of forty-three that brought hairstyles...and that's only counting back to Nov 2017.

And has been pointed out, you're about to release follower NPCs who can't wear headgear, and one of them has an unavailable hairstyle. You're literally about to set up the game in such a way that people who have been begging for Short Mussed Wave for over five years are now going to be taunted by seeing it everywhere, and they still can't get it.

Please ZOS, the Crown Store forum is begging for hairstyles, even the ones that have been previously available just not in the last 3+ years or the ones NPCs wear. The models are already in game, so all they need is to be made available... and we know that they work in game since they either were available in game over three years ago (e.g. Heroic Poet) or were available on PTS (e.g. Short Mussed)
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another ✨crown gem exclusive✨ I hope they stop this whale bait trend
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wording on the Night Mother Evangelist costume's description is incredibly awkward. "Fulfill upon the Sacrament" should just be "fulfill the Sacrament." And "I am the latter" doesn't make sense -- the latter of what? Finally, the quote is attributed to "Night Mother Evangelist" like that's a person's name; as far as I'm aware, no other collectibles are attributed to generic people.

It should probably look something more like this:

"Some whisper the words in their hearts and call for an unworthy person's death. Others, if they possess the right skills, fulfill the sacrament on behalf of the Night Mother. I am one of the latter—as my robes proclaim. Care to know more?"—Lucien Lachance (obviously using Lucien's name as a placeholder).

I hope the description is edited before release.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on May 5, 2021 4:38PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is my Tel Galen? :pensive:
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Oh I see some nice stuff!

Will we be able to buy the Radient Apex Mounts from the Dragonscale Crates with gems like with the Alyeid ones or was that a one-time thing? :smile:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the new normal, having them available for gems. Don't remember a source though.
    PC NA
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we be able to buy the Radient Apex Mounts from the Dragonscale Crates with gems like with the Alyeid ones or was that a one-time thing?

I'm also waiting to see that. Solar Horses everywhere incoming? :D
    If they will actually make Radiants available for gems in Dragonscale season, I guess Solar Horse will be the top-priced mount. It will make formidable rival for my Welkynd-Born Courser :o

Zua7dIk.jpg

Jd5CDZP.jpg

And I wonder if Nighthaunt Gloomspore Senche will have different particle effects when roaring. If it will have same green particles as Gloomspore Senche, I will be disappointed :/ Hopefully somebody will post showcase of that mount! :)

Night Mother Evangelist looks very nice on promo picture.

Gem-Prospector outfit is finally back <3

Harrowing Reaper looks very cool. Not sure if I will want to buy it... It will depend on few other things.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NightHollow motif finally becoming available on May 12? Cool!
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    Again no new Hairstyl. Again a crown gem exclusiv mount which will cost 200+ Dollar.
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add that, while I would also very much like to see more hairstyles and finally be able to purchase Tel Galen, I’m glad that more items have been rotating through the Crown store — two different houses each month, often a returning Crown season, and many costumes and other items. :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on May 3, 2021 10:57PM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i love the music box ofc
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please bring bacc Storm Atronach Crates soon! There's a few things I desperately want from them!
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭
    You know...I love this game but there are times, like now, when developers do something that just comes across as a major disconnect with a player base. 800gems for a mount and you didn't or couldn't be bothered to time it to coincide with either a new crown crate cycle or even an old crown crate re-release (as in the Dragonscale crown crates coming back later this month). What is currently happening here feels like a slap-in-the-face to the playerbase. Now that most of your players who buy crown crates have most everything to offer from the current selection (the Ayleid crates), you expect them to purchase even more crown crates in order to acquire the 800 gems (acquired through RNG) needed to buy what I personally consider an overpriced, and reskinned Gloomspore Senche. "Someone" or the group of "Someone's" responsible for this should be reprimanded for what is a clear affront to a large chunk of your playerbase. Take the time to peruse the forums on the topic. Talk with players ingame as it may be an eye-opener for some. I have spent my share and a few other folks shares worth of money on this game and between two accounts in the last year. I will happily walk away if this kind of behavior becomes a trend. This is not a threat, it is simply a statement of fact and I'm quite certain that ESO will continue to run without my presence if I chose to leave. The point of saying this though, is that I am again quite certain that if I feel strongly enough to say something about this topic and at the same time consider taking my wallet elsewhere after spending as much as I have, then I bet there are quite a few other players of a similar mindset. I'm not advocating a "call to arms" nor is this a reason "flip out" here in the forums. I'm just pointing out that you need to work on your marketing and/or timing. Tomorrow is a new day and there will eventually be new crown store items. Thank you for what you do and keep up the good work keeping us entertained.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Based on few things, I could justify buying Harrowing Reaper :)

WsbDb5w.jpg

I like the creepy look and very subtle ambient sound effect!
    If I damage her, and then stop damaging her, she doesn't reset into her default pose. She keeps her alert pose. I guess she can't believe that I'm not going to kill her :D

Uun2HtF.jpg