Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game-breaking invisible adds in trials (Xbox One) - [EDIT] STILL BROKEN AFTER SUPPOSED FIX

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the details, everyone. We're currently working through a fix for this and hope to include it in a future incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the details, everyone. We're currently working through a fix for this and hope to include it in a future incremental patch.

What exactly does this mean? No hotfix for a game breaking issue, despite PC and PS4 both getting hotfixes or emergency maintenance for issues in the last two days? "Future" makes it sound like this is a fix that's a long way off, which basically means there's no reason to log in for the endgame community at the moment.

EDIT: Thank you for responding and acknowledging the issue though
    Edited by Jakengard on March 23, 2021 3:39PM
  • Kartoffelmuesli
    Kartoffelmuesli
    Soul Shriven
    Had the same happening in several trials. In vSS I had invisible Storm Atronachs. In vKA HM our tank couldn’t see the Shamans. It’s very frustrating as it makes trial content impossible to play. I have recently bought the new Xbox console and have no issues with invisible ads anymore since. Slow loading NPCs in overland content and game freezes in inventory or guild banks remain even with the new console.

I run trials four days a week and all of those are currently on pause as it’s too frustrating to try and clear content like that. I am now sat on a very pointless eso plus subscription and pay a fee for nothing. Will be better off to just quit it until the problems are solved.

Edit: But players being forced to upgrade their console to be able to play the game can not be the solution to the problem!
    Edited by Kartoffelmuesli on March 24, 2021 8:30AM
  • rossi789
    rossi789
    ✭✭
    +1

The game is basically the Sims now. Trials are on hold until a fix is released as we don't know what sort of instance we will get. At least we can still use the crown store, eh?

Genuinely, does it get tested on consoles before release because we always seem to get bugs not found on PC?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Sponsored by Microsoft
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • zAlpxne
    zAlpxne
    Soul Shriven
    Will there be some sort of compensation for eso+ players whom have been unable to engage with the game due to these issues?
    We are paying for a service that is faulty and broken. Instead of a fix being provided in an appropriate time frame such as those implemented for PC and PS, we are given an inappropriate time frame.

Please fix the issue in a more timely manner or at least refund eso+ members for this month's subscription as most will be unable or unwilling to use your services.

-

The other issue highlighted seems to be a desperate need for a console pts. Is a console pts under consideration?

Cheers

• AlasseaNellas
    AlasseaNellas
    Soul Shriven
    A fix in the "future". That is just rude.
    The game is unplayable for trials. For most vet teams the progs are on paused. Everyone is asking for a fix. And we might get one in the future...

I run trials 4 days a week aswell. And it is not fun anymore. People get irritated. Cant imagine that is what the game should bring: irritation...

So please look into it soon.
    What the person above me say. Also the xbox players pays for it. Not only PC and playstation!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jakengard wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I haven't done any trials, but noticed this with overland mobs and once in a dungeon.

But they loaded in after a few seconds. They didn't stay invisible.

Even if that's the case, those few seconds can mean the difference between getting a title and not getting it. Take Godslayer, there isn't a huge amount of spare time under the 30 minute limit. Even if you're 3 minutes under, if every add pull takes an extra 10s due to them spawning in late then that 3 spare minutes soon disappears. Not to mention if it's tanks who can't see things then there are adds running around slapping dds and healers while we wait the "few seconds" for them to spawn in.

EDIT: spelling

Yeh, I wasn't saying it's not an issue.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I was just reporting basically that for me, they do appear after a few seconds.

Of course it needs to be fixed.
  • Cappelito
    Cappelito
    Soul Shriven
    This is the most broken the game has ever been. Delays and LA bugs you can work around but invisible adds and bosses are unplayable.
    vCR for example, the minis are invisible for half the group or more. Zmaja in fully visible but isn't moving or displaying her mechanics whatsoever for the first minute of the fight. Fire mechanic is invisible, yahgra monstrositys, ice mechanics. Nothing works as intended.
    Withdrawing or depositing in guild bank or in your own bank leaves the game frozen for 10 secs.
    I could go on for ages.
  • TheRealDrRat
    TheRealDrRat
    ✭✭
    To be honest it’s been clear for a long time that the devs could give two *** about those who play on Xbox, and it’s quite sad that a lot player on Xbox still pay them monthly. Many thing were brought to their attention on Xbox prior to this patch such as the double soul gem requirements for portal wipes in vcr, and they never bothered - the game has probably gotten to the point of no return. And it definitely shouldn’t have anything to do with what console someone has otherwise it kind of a false advertisement type of thing that they would be responsible for. *** them and the game anyway - move on and try to get a refund.
  • Konstanz
    Konstanz
    these issues just cropped up for me going into level 47 now grinding levels for 50. The bank is most irritating as I purchased the banking cat just for ease of access of dumping gear and ESO+ for the crafting bag alone.

being on a limited income (SSI USA) I have to pick and choose my happy things. This has made my game virtually impossible to play in a timely fashion and now I'm wondering -why- I prepurchased Blackwood, and all the other stuff because we're getting crapped on as users because of our consol?

I am highly disappointed as a loyal Elderscrolls fan from the arena start and have been with this franchise since the beginning.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    • 99 little bugs in the code
    • 99 little bugs
    • Take one out, pass it around
    • 287,439 bugs in the code
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    You guys did a maintenance update 03/30/2021 that didnt even fix anything this was a long maintenance extended till 3pm eastern. Everything is still the same same bugs ..... ... Your game shouldnt be broken on any console you sell it on. Stop marketing a push for people to buy new consoles .... ...

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by Luciferazazell on April 5, 2021 4:44PM
  • Kartoffelmuesli
    Kartoffelmuesli
    Soul Shriven
    The maintenance is over and the patch notes promise us a fix for invisible ads. Now I see the first videos popping up in guild chats with invisible ads in vMOL (after maintenance!)...
    First thing I did after logging in was going to our guild bank. Screen froze for about 20 seconds when I wanted to access it. Guild rosters are not fixed either, you have already announced it. This is becoming a joke now. Last week there was an extended maintenance and nothing was fixed, this week you promised us fixes but nothing happened.
  • rossi789
    rossi789
    ✭✭
    So you fixed precisely.....nothing.

Old consoles still cannot see adds in trials. Bank still freezes. Guild rosters are still wrong.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rossi789 wrote: »
    So you fixed precisely.....nothing.

Old consoles still cannot see adds in trials. Bank still freezes. Guild rosters are still wrong.

Yep this is still broken, which basically makes the game risky or unplayable for those who don’t have the Xbox series X

Your lords and masters at Microsoft might wanna be sharpening their pencils right now
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno invisible adds not fixed as promised and noted in the patch notes. The first trash pull in vSS is still broken, and the adds in flight phases on Nahvi also don't spawn for people with the old xbox.

Was this tested? It seems pretty straight forward to load up any affected group content on an old Xbox for 30 seconds to see whether it's fixed. Which it's not. Any word on when it will actually be fixed?
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno invisible adds not fixed as promised and noted in the patch notes. The first trash pull in vSS is still broken, and the adds in flight phases on Nahvi also don't spawn for people with the old xbox.

Was this tested? It seems pretty straight forward to load up any affected group content on an old Xbox for 30 seconds to see whether it's fixed. Which it's not. Any word on when it will actually be fixed?

Did an nss earlier for the gear run, same issue
  • Bix08
    Bix08
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that performance is still as bad as before if not even worse!
    Invisible adds, dragons in vSS not showing any animation, even the floor on Navi was missing for one of our people!

Trials are so broken big times and it seems that this issue has just been ignored? Will we need to live with that now? Or will there be a fix before the next chapter hits and breaks the game even more? So many questions and no answers....
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    Adds not showing, sound completely distorted at times, bank and merchant still have a few seconds between each auction, guild roster still messed up.

It was so bad that it made me wonder if you forgot to actually roll out the (correct) patch today during the maintenance.
    Edited by Lluanda on April 5, 2021 9:42PM
  • PackJamers
    PackJamers
    Soul Shriven
    Still issues with adds just not appearing after a sizable delay, if at all. Boss just standing there and not doing any animations. Ground cast mechanics seem to be 50/50 on whether they show up too.

It is marginally better than before, if at all. But still for the most part it can kill a run and we are a bit helpless to it. Could you please look into this again?

It doesn't seem to be all trials, vAA and vHRC seemed okay last night. I have however encountered issues in vSS so far and also seen clips of issues in vMoL.
  • eleia
    eleia
    Soul Shriven
    It’s absolutely ridiculous now. Sat in my inventory frozen for a good 45 seconds when attempting to eating food after the update, I’ve just done a vmol and couldn’t see adds for the majority of the trial. Shouldn’t really have to buy a new Xbox to play a game I spend so much time on properly... when you’re progging the harder content on the game it completely demoralises even playing, can’t really go for no deaths when half your team cannot see adds or mechs
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaaaaand the patch changed nothing. Everything is still completely unplayable for majority of the raid team, which then makes it unplayable for the people who can see adds/mechanics because everyone’s dropping down dead to thin air.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PackJamers wrote: »
    Still issues with adds just not appearing after a sizable delay, if at all. Boss just standing there and not doing any animations. Ground cast mechanics seem to be 50/50 on whether they show up too.

It is marginally better than before, if at all. But still for the most part it can kill a run and we are a bit helpless to it. Could you please look into this again?

It doesn't seem to be all trials, vAA and vHRC seemed okay last night. I have however encountered issues in vSS so far and also seen clips of issues in vMoL.

VMOL half floor colours (prayer phase) have not been appearing on my last 2 runs in there
    . Few invisible adds too (xb1x EU)
  • Cappelito
    Cappelito
    Soul Shriven
    Atleast you extended the event right. As if that makes up for the fact that many of us are paying a monthly fee for playing a game that clearly isn't working as intended. Is there an actual fix coming in the foreseeable future or have you not figured out what is wrong?
  • rossi789
    rossi789
    ✭✭
    I know you put the patch notes out saying certain things had been done, but did you remember to install the patch as well?
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    Here are some examples of the issue still being present in vSS after the patch. These were clipped some time between 8pm and 10pm last night, 5th April 2021, by a player using the original Xbox One console.

- No animations at all for the first ~20 seconds of the lokkie fight (you can tell since he doesn't throw his head back for ice, but the ice cage still spawns): https://clips.twitch.tv/DepressedBoldCheddarTTours-lJo3ZLpg2Vzakt6L
    - Most of the adds are invisible for the first ~14 seconds of the trash pull after lokkie, resulting in two deaths: https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedAbstruseFalconRalpherZ-r219PDvmfHmdXdyW
    - No wing stomp animation to indicate the head swipe on nahvi, nor an animation for the head swipe itself, resulting in 3 deaths: https://clips.twitch.tv/InexpensiveBlightedHedgehogPipeHype-LDn6eP46dHGPF-vt
    - Adds not spawning when they should during nahvi flight phase, so the tank can neither see nor taunt them, resulting in 5 deaths: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingStormyCaribouDerp-Kh-DxFMZ0uPsI3ob

Please give us information on this, trials are still unplayable even after the "fix". Was the patch missing content? Was the maintenance somehow unsuccessful? Was it tested poorly so issues still remain? Was it said that the patch would contain a fix for these issue when it actually hasn't been fixed in order to postpone people's complaints? We want some honesty on it all, and an indication of when it will be properly fixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_RichLambert
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are some examples of the issue still being present in vSS after the patch. These were clipped some time between 8pm and 10pm last night, 5th April 2021, by a player using the original Xbox One console.

- No animations at all for the first ~20 seconds of the lokkie fight (you can tell since he doesn't throw his head back for ice, but the ice cage still spawns): https://clips.twitch.tv/DepressedBoldCheddarTTours-lJo3ZLpg2Vzakt6L
    - Most of the adds are invisible for the first ~14 seconds of the trash pull after lokkie, resulting in two deaths: https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedAbstruseFalconRalpherZ-r219PDvmfHmdXdyW
    - No wing stomp animation to indicate the head swipe on nahvi, nor an animation for the head swipe itself, resulting in 3 deaths: https://clips.twitch.tv/InexpensiveBlightedHedgehogPipeHype-LDn6eP46dHGPF-vt
    - Adds not spawning when they should during nahvi flight phase, so the tank can neither see nor taunt them, resulting in 5 deaths: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingStormyCaribouDerp-Kh-DxFMZ0uPsI3ob

Please give us information on this, trials are still unplayable even after the "fix". Was the patch missing content? Was the maintenance somehow unsuccessful? Was it tested poorly so issues still remain? Was it said that the patch would contain a fix for these issue when it actually hasn't been fixed in order to postpone people's complaints? We want some honesty on it all, and an indication of when it will be properly fixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_RichLambert

Don't know if this helps but @ZOS_RichLambert has said once again he has raised this with the team after highlighting your clips & this forum thread to him
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

We wanted to confirm that we've seen your messages here about some lingering issues with invisible monsters, boss animations, and boss mechanics visuals not showing after the recent incremental patch. We're investigating - thank you for providing helpful specifics in your posts!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    Hi all,

We wanted to confirm that we've seen your messages here about some lingering issues with invisible monsters, boss animations, and boss mechanics visuals not showing after the recent incremental patch. We're investigating - thank you for providing helpful specifics in your posts!

Thanks Jessica, looking forward to any further info!

EDIT: spelling
    Edited by Jakengard on April 6, 2021 6:03PM
  • zAlpxne
    zAlpxne
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,

With the Psn issue resolved will we have similar attention considering this impacts a huge part of our community on xbox eu and their willingness to play the game or pay for its services? The patch seems largely inadequate and has not resolved many issues that were urgent.