The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game-breaking invisible adds in trials (Xbox One) - [EDIT] STILL BROKEN AFTER SUPPOSED FIX

Jakengard
Jakengard
✭✭
Since the Flames of Ambition patch dropped, trials have been completely unplayable on Xbox due to anyone with an original Xbox One (and some reports with Xbox One X) being unable to see or attack large numbers of enemies in trials. For example, going into Sunspire yesterday we had 4+ people unable to see any of the adds in the very first encounter - the big cats were visible to some, while others could see nothing at all, and some had the invisible enemies becoming visible after 10-20 seconds. It doesn't seem to just be visual, as any AoEs were not yielding damage numbers for the affected players either.

This makes trial content completely unplayable for anyone on Xbox who doesn't have a Series X/S, and with those consoles being widely unavailable, removes some people's ability to play the game as they want altogether.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

EDIT: I originally put "Xbox EU" in the top of the post because that's where I'd seen it. I've since heard plenty of people complaining of the same on NA too (unsurprisingly as it's a console thing), so I've changed it to just "Xbox"
Edited by Jakengard on April 6, 2021 7:30AM
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    To be clear, this isn't a Sunspire-specific thing. We jumped into Sanctum Ophidia as well to check it out, and the same people had issues seeing or being able to attack the adds in the first encounter on the stone walkway
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was acknowledged on Twitter on Tuesday by Rich Lambert and he said he'd escalate it to the team. Since then there's been no update on here or anywhere I can find.

Please can we get some kind of update on how long this might take. Almost all the raid teams on Xbox EU have stopped running, and those that still are have had a terrible time of it and frustration levels are very high

To be clear OP, this seems to be an issue for people using xbox 1 rather than series s/x.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Edited by Ishtarknows on March 19, 2021 8:14AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done any trials, but noticed this with overland mobs and once in a dungeon.

But they loaded in after a few seconds. They didn't stay invisible.
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I haven't done any trials, but noticed this with overland mobs and once in a dungeon.

But they loaded in after a few seconds. They didn't stay invisible.

Even if that's the case, those few seconds can mean the difference between getting a title and not getting it. Take Godslayer, there isn't a huge amount of spare time under the 30 minute limit. Even if you're 3 minutes under, if every add pull takes an extra 10s due to them spawning in late then that 3 spare minutes soon disappears. Not to mention if it's tanks who can't see things then there are adds running around slapping dds and healers while we wait the "few seconds" for them to spawn in.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Jakengard on March 19, 2021 9:30AM
  • MythicalMayhemx
    MythicalMayhemx
    Soul Shriven
    Was in a vmol on Wednesday, people were getting killed by invisible cats spawned by the dreadstalkers, couldn't see the suneaters negates, couldn't see the suneaters, tank couldn't even see when the pad changed colours on the last boss. It's making is so hard for anyone to get this content done.

Edit - The lag when trying to use a crown repair kit as well... It freezes up my xbox for a solid 15-20 seconds when it never used to before.
    Edited by MythicalMayhemx on March 19, 2021 1:35PM
    X1 EU // GT: MythicalMayhemx

Always up for adds for Dungeons and Bosses

Owner of Many Healers
    Family of Nightshades
  • DorisOThDead
    Never mind the trials (which are basically unplayable), I was lagging changing gear and selling to a merchant! Same issue in normal trials btw, invisible adds, ice breath not showing in sunspire etc
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    Trials are broken to the point where people die from stuff they cannot avoid because they simply can't see the majority of mechanics. This happens in pretty much every single trial from what I've seen and heard.
  • Holymoley69
    Holymoley69
    Soul Shriven
    A lot is broken right now! Adds not spawning for everyone. Mechs (such as baneful) not showing either. This happened in both vCR and vAA. The banker and merchant are also lagging badly, as well as when I change my characters gear. One of the players in the team I was running with last night also got frozen in the CP page and had to reset. Very painful to play atm.
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    Here's an example of this on Lokkestiiz in Sunspire - https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/deceptix-banana/video/129005044

No animations or indication whatsoever for mechanics. You can see the breath appear without the animation, and he also doesn't lift his head back for ice cages (which do happen, as you can see a health bar go down as one of us jumps into the ice cage)
  • PackJamers
    PackJamers
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah people in our team have had issues with seeing adds. In Cloudrest the lead not able to see minis/creepers and still trying in vain to lead. Dds not able to see orbs, can just see drain.

I personally have died try to collect an orb in portals that would not synergise, and when it eventually synergised it and I got 1 shot by it, because I had hold of the orb the whole time. Another dd couldn't see the jump pad until the growing aoe went over it. Luckily he is on a nightbkade so can use twisting path to jump up but not ideal.

I personally have freezes where everything stops working for me everybody is standing still and nothing moves, it doesn't come back for 15+ seconds. I can't bar swap but where I move in the instance correlates to where I am actually at. All of the mechanics that I didn't see then happen in the space of 0.5 seconds and it's a coin toss whether I'm alive or not.
    Edited by PackJamers on March 19, 2021 2:29PM
  • Hillier11
    Hillier11
    ✭✭✭
    vCR was really bad. Either couldn’t see Darkness, Crystals, Monstrosities and other Mechs or they were significantly delayed.

Access players Inventory or Banks is slow and sometimes crashing.

Guild rosters are also a mess not displaying information such as how long a person has been offline.
  • Velothis
    Velothis
    Completely unplayable. Obviously the invisible mobs, but also just doing anything in the inventory freezws the game anywhere in between 1 to 15 seconds and crashes on the CP screen. Endgame once again impossible like a tad too often haooens after content release.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Every trial I been in also has been super broke even some dungeons, along with gear select in menu is lagged when u select new gear to equip.
    The undaunted shows double castlethorn and stone garden shoulders but if u buy one it's the new dungeons shoulders.
    Rosters are broken in guilds, mail is broken xbox one x player
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know if this is like a push to get people to buy the new consoles but not everyone has 4 to 500 bucks to dish out on a new console. For most of us in the end game community we have been dedicated players since the start. Eso has been made more new player friendly which is fine but please .
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober Can we also not for get about the players who have made the game what it is . This is ridiculous every patch comes with a exclusive complimentary bug. ((Trials are broken and some were broken)) even something as simple as like dolmes are broken sometimes you dont see any adds the whole dolme time and everyone is shaded black and so much more. So aside from adjusting to the new cp systmen and the grindy nature of everything else in the game we have broken content.Can we get some upgraded servers or something i honestly dont know but im sure the funds are there to get things fixed
    Edited by Luciferazazell on March 19, 2021 4:54PM
  • TootieTazzy
    TootieTazzy
    ✭✭✭
    We had a vSS run last night and a couple of people had issues with ice not showing on the first boss, which resulted in unnecessary deaths/wipes.

Using banks, both personal and guild, is extremely slow. It's the same when it comes to changing armour as well.
  • AN7ICIPA7E
    AN7ICIPA7E
    Soul Shriven
    OT pov in vKA (Vrol hardmode). He cannot see elite adds spawn: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/kller-spartan/video/128962364

I’ll ask him to keep some of those clips. He has clips in vCR of Z’maja not showing her heavy attack animation (resulting in deaths).
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turned invisible for half of cradle of shadows. And turned into just a sword for banished cell!s!
    Was quite amusing tbh

Xbox 1x on EU
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and in addition

Light attacks randomly don’t work
    The Templar shards randomly stops working and just locks the circle aoe
    Ultimates don’t always fire
    Gear unequips/equips take 5-6 seconds
    Menu jumps around when inventory
    Map cursor in zone map doesn’t lock onto targets
    Weird error messages in top right when grouping and changing zones

• azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran ncr+3 last night and 8 players suddenly dc'd during portal phase. As a tank I was suddenly alone with Z'maja, lol.

Yeah trials are so laggy they're nearly impossible. Xbox NA, all versions.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • FlyingDutch92
    Little summary from the experience of one of my teams in vCR(+2) this afternoon [Xbox EU, all xbox types]:
    - Off-tank couldn't see the mini's until 15 seconds after they had spawned in
    - Baneful attack from monstrosities was not telegraphed at all for one of the main tanks, but the debuff was applied
    - Darkness was invisible for one of the main tanks
    - Heavy attack from Z'maja was not telegraphed for one of the main tanks

@ZOS_GinaBruno When is this going to get fixed?

Aside from that the menu is incredibly slow. Equipping an item takes between 5 and 15 seconds, in which the game completely freezes. Navigating the bank is a nightmare as it jumps back to the top of the menu every time you take something out.
    Edited by FlyingDutch92 on March 21, 2021 8:15PM
  • eleia
    eleia
    Soul Shriven
    I’ve been in a few trials since the update and personally been unable to see the majority of adds. vCR is awful at the minute, unable to see the fire AOE, ice doesn’t show until it needs dropping, minis being invisible as well as orbs, creepers and darkness.
    Went in vmol to see what that was like and saw one suneater for the entire duration.
    The game feels unplayable and when you only play for trials makes it a waste of time for everyone because even if certain people can see mechs, makes it messy when half the group are unable to see them
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of an acknowledgement that you're working on this? or an eta of a fix, or anything but silence please!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    Did an ncr +3 last night, whenever i came up from doing portal the mini bosses and half the ads were invisible to me for about 10 seconds.
  • eleia
    eleia
    Soul Shriven
    No ETA for something that was raised almost a week ago, but luckily PC have raised complaints today that have been already commented on 😂😂
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has this not even had a reply yet? Even after Rich escalated my tweet to the team? Shame!
  • AmendmentI
    AmendmentI
    ✭✭✭
    Not just mobs but some people cant even see the basic trials mechanics like ice in cloudrest. The synergy or debuff sometimes doesnt appear.
  • FlyingDutch92
    Another summary of a trial, vmol this time [Xbox EU, all Xbox types]:
    - adds are invisible for some members of the team as well as aoe attacks cast by them (sun eater eclipse field)
    - pillars on first boss are invisible for some people and even when you stack on top of team mates who can see the pillars you still die from the blast even though you're behind the pillar
    - head colours on twins don't show, the adds themselves don't appear until after 15 seconds making it impossible to bash them in time
    - more adds and aoes not showing or spawning

A word of acknowledgement would be nice. I've also cancelled my Eso plus until this is fixed. As someone who only plays this game to do trials and dungeons with friends it has become unplayable.

• Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    vAS+2 last night:
    - Olms showed no mechanics at all for the first ~20s of the fight
    - Llothis was not visible to the off tank for about 30s after he spawned. He could see some proof of him existing, with cones/poison clouds, but could not see, affect, or taunt him
    - Same as above for Felms

This is getting beyond a joke. There's not a single trial I've seen that functions properly in full for those without the Series X/S. Log in issues for PC were addressed within hours yesterday, yet an entire corner of your player base can't play the game because of YOUR latest update and it's been ignored for an entire week? Unprofessional at best, ignorance at worst. Please address this issue.

• Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    So why is this thread (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7180485) getting a response TEN MINUTES after it's been posted, by a community rep from ZoS, but this post about an entire server being gimped depending on which version of console they have is being ignored for a week? I understand things can take time but there's been no response at all. It honestly comes across like ZoS doesn't care about "smaller" parts of their community. Trials are broken on Xbox? No problem let's leave that. PS4 or PC have issues? Better fix that right away!

Please. Address. This. Issue.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_SarahHecker

EDIT: missing word
    Edited by Jakengard on March 23, 2021 2:03PM
  • FlyingDutch92
    Jakengard wrote: »
    So why is this thread (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7180485) getting a response TEN MINUTES after it's been posted, by a community rep from ZoS, but this post about an entire server being gimped depending on which version of console they have is being ignored for a week? I understand things can take time but there's been no response at all. It honestly comes across like ZoS doesn't care about "smaller" parts of their community. Trials are broken on Xbox? No problem let's leave that. PS4 or PC have issues? Better fix that right away!

Please. Address. This. Issue.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_SarahHecker

EDIT: missing word

The silence is a bloody joke. I've cancelled my ESO Plus, didn't know what I was still paying for if accessing the double bank space freezes the game and trials are unplayable and therefore more gear, transmutes and loot are unobtainable. Suppose you can farm crafting materials but I'll play Ark or something if I fancy doing that.
    Edited by FlyingDutch92 on March 23, 2021 3:14PM