The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game-breaking invisible adds in trials (Xbox One) - [EDIT] STILL BROKEN AFTER SUPPOSED FIX

• Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you continuing to run into this issue, could you please clarify which model Xbox you're playing on? Thanks!

With no external HD but the build in from PS4 we have the following issues:
    • Assets loading late, this is especially problematic when the adds appears DURING a fight like the adds on VMOL twins or every trash pull in VSS where another wave spawn after the first one is dealt with.
    • Boss not animatic (i'm main tank) especially when "just pulled" if i pull Lokkestiiz, for example he wont move, cast ice cage, then animation of ice cage will appear (delayed) while he's actually breathing on me. Yolnahkriin on the other hand does an invisible HA and then spits fire from his nostrils (his mouth is shut and he's just watching me lol) for the first time.
    • Sometimes skills not appearing at all or hitting you BEFORE the animation/telegraph happened.
    • Many mech-related debuff are not visible anymore since this patch. Baneful mark and Yolnahkriin stacking fire debuff from his ranged LA for example are now invisible on your debuff bar.

This is very bad for everyone who tries trifectas on consoles as. many times, the deaths happen for a technical issue and not a player one.

Also it's a barrier for prog groups, take VSS Yoln HM fire atro: if the tank can't see them ASAP (because they don't even load in his screen) he can't chain them that quick so DDs will have less time to nuke those down before they go enrage wiping ppl around.

Can't we just have options to deactivate some graphic thing on consoles like shades, grass, light, reflections etc?

ATM we are using the skeleton polymorph in every serious trial as it gives the client some breath but such options would work WAY BETTER since they would affect enemies/items/NPC and other ppl alike. You should be aware of this issues by now and also you probably noticed that many PC players change the INI file because of this... we cant edit it but build in options would not require much work from you...
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any update on this issue? It's been a long time since anything was said on the matter, and we've had no indication of a timeline. We appreciate the initial responses and knowing that the team is looking at it, but radio silence since then makes it feel like it's going to be a long time before we see any semblance of a fix for something so debilitating.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was in a patch notes to be fixed, but yeah, it's almost worse this patch. Seems the adds are taking even longer to show up. I'm beginning to lose faith in the accuracy of patch notes...
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    This was in a patch notes to be fixed, but yeah, it's almost worse this patch. Seems the adds are taking even longer to show up. I'm beginning to lose faith in the accuracy of patch notes...

Where do you see it in the patch notes? I see no mention of adds not spawning in at all https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570826/xbox-one-patch-notes-v1-23-2-0

EDIT: if you mean a previous set of patch notes, the majority of this thread is a discussion of the issues remaining after that patch. It's still a massive issue - we've heard from the team about their knowledge of it, but nothing since.
    Edited by Jakengard on April 23, 2021 10:22AM
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Im still just baffled that theres no hot fix 5 weeks later atleast for the invisible ads in trial portion of this game never mind everything else thats broken
  • Schiszophrenia
    Schiszophrenia
    Soul Shriven
    Still not working on console. Fix it please I want to do trials with my guild again
  • rossi789
    rossi789
    ✭✭
    Is there any news on a fix? It looks like there is no maintenance planned for this week so are we to expect a further week of a broken game?
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last time this happened when I was on Xbox, we got stuck with it for an entire patch before we saw a fix. Buckle up boys and girls...
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Hillier11
    Hillier11
    ✭✭✭
    The game is still broken nearly 2 months on, roster history, trial mechanics and guild stores just to mention a few things.
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    Getting to a point where it's putting me off playing. Very close to cancelling ESO+ until this is resolved.
  • Hillier11
    Hillier11
    ✭✭✭
    Agree completely ^^^
  • Jakengard
    Jakengard
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno does this apply to the invisible adds issue also, since there's no incremental patch? Absolutely ridiculous that we're being forced to wait months and months for a fix for an issue you introduced clearly without testing, since you're apparently sourcing your QA from the community on this thread. I don't care about availability of the crown store or even whether you take the server down for a few days in a row, just fix the game for goodness' sake

EDIT: wording

0710vviy8xtt.jpg
    Edited by Jakengard on April 29, 2021 3:07PM
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc complains Glenumbra was broken and server is taken offline within a couple of hours. We get to wait a whole patch for a fix. 2 months. Ridiculous
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we console players lesser customers? :s
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jakengard wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno does this apply to the invisible adds issue also, since there's no incremental patch? Absolutely ridiculous that we're being forced to wait months and months for a fix for an issue you introduced clearly without testing, since you're apparently sourcing your QA from the community on this thread. I don't care about availability of the crown store or even whether you take the server down for a few days in a row, just fix the game for goodness' sake

EDIT: wording

0710vviy8xtt.jpg

Well, I think the sales for the new chapter on console will undoubtably reflect the players frustration with the continued bugs and now this announcement.

If someone hasn’t preordered it already, why would they want to do so now?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA