The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please let us disable DLC dungeons for ESO+ users

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flamebait wrote: »
    They are trying to farm a specific dungeon, and the dungeon finder is being used to make others enter that dungeon since they either can't get friends or guild members to run it with them or choose not too. As such anyone that queues for a random is essentially being forced to help them farm or quit the dungeon. If any one person chooses a specific dungeon then the system is not random and so then up to 3 other's are being made to do what one or more want to.

By using the dungeon finder you're agreeing to this being a possibility. And you can absolutely choose to leave the dungeon when you get in there if you don't want to do it, but literally by using the dungeon finder, you are agreeing to being put into a group maybe with someone who wants to farm a dungeon.

The dungeon finder exists to help people find groups for random OR specific dungeons. Otherwise there wouldn't be the option to select specific dungeons.
  • houndandhorseb16_ESO
    I have the same issue. I sub to support the game and get the craft bag. I hate DLC dungeons. I would love to do daily random dungeons but don’t as I will end up in a DLC with players that say I need to know the mechanics. I agree with them! But a random dungeon I don’t know which DLC dungeon I need to brush up on first. I would like to be able to take them out of the mix and be able to do my daily dungeon. Please fix this somehow.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    This is a blatantly false answer though. If I am subscribed to ESO+ then I am forced to go to something I will simply quit from so as not to bother myself, thus bothering others.

You aren't forced. You're paying for all the content. Joining an activity that queues you for all content you own, and then complaining that you're being punished for it. The random group finder is not for solo farming specific dungeons. That is what specific dungeons are for. It's for helping people who need a group. And you're agreeing to help with any dungeon you can when you queue for a random.

If you don't want to help with any dungeon you can, then don't queue for a random or don't pay for dungeons you don't want to do.

Again not really an accurate answer since I would love to unsub from the DLC dungeon content if I could maintain the part of the subscription that I want. The only part of ESO+ that actually holds any value at all to me is the craft bag. I am also not alone from the fact that threads about exactly this continue to be made. Also the case everyone opposed to this is making is exactly what you have said it is not. They are trying to farm a specific dungeon, and the dungeon finder is being used to make others enter that dungeon since they either can't get friends or guild members to run it with them or choose not too. As such anyone that queues for a random is essentially being forced to help them farm or quit the dungeon. If any one person chooses a specific dungeon then the system is not random and so then up to 3 other's are being made to do what one or more want to.

As for the other point no I am not agreeing to help them with a dungeon, or anything else for that matter. This is why if the dungeon is something I either don't have time for or simply don't want I will leave and use another character to avoid having to deal with the timer. I would honestly prefer that I not have to do this so as to not impact on the other players time and enjoyment, however I am playing for myself and have absolutely no desire to do what to me is a waste of my time for them to get something.

This is my answer to the last sentence of your quoted statement, however that simply means it is a waste of time for myself and a waste for the others as well, which is not fair to anyone, so I do not understand the opposition to the change, would it truly be more preferred to have people simply drop any dungeons they do not want instead have the option of not being placed there to begin with which means that those that end up there are likely to see it through?

The solution is easy: Don't do random dungeons. Stay out of the queue if you aren't willing to accept the results.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. I sub to support the game and get the craft bag. I hate DLC dungeons. I would love to do daily random dungeons but don’t as I will end up in a DLC with players that say I need to know the mechanics. I agree with them! But a random dungeon I don’t know which DLC dungeon I need to brush up on first. I would like to be able to take them out of the mix and be able to do my daily dungeon. Please fix this somehow.

It doesn't need to be fixed, it is working as intended.
  • Flamebait
    Flamebait
    ✭✭✭
    The solution is easy: Don't do random dungeons. Stay out of the queue if you aren't willing to accept the results.

Actually the solution is easier than that, I will keep queueing and simply quit the dungeon if it's not one I want. It is 0 cost to me really since I don't care and only hurts the other 3, which I have no desire to do. That is why I would petition for either moving the rewards for first random completion to being rewards for first kill of a final boss or simply the ability to remove DLC dungeons from your queue making it a personal choice. As it is right now I will simply keep doing it the way I choose and others will have to deal with the consequences.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the only dungeon I don't like pugging is Unhallowed Grave. Too many people don't know the mechanics in the kiln and aren't on mike.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are trying to farm a specific dungeon, and the dungeon finder is being used to make others enter that dungeon since they either can't get friends or guild members to run it with them or choose not too. As such anyone that queues for a random is essentially being forced to help them farm or quit the dungeon

This is like saying that you're being forced to PvP in Cyrodiil when all you want to do is quest. The entire point of Cyrodiil is to PvP. The entire point of group finder is to put people in group's for content when they cannot or will not use a friend/guild. That is it's primary purpose. The specific dungeon one is if you need that dungeon in particular. And the random is you queueing for the express purpose to help fill in missing roles for people that queued for a specific dungeon.

That is the ENTIRE point of it. The transmute crystals is to make it worth your while to help these strangers out. Just like AP is to get you to play with people who want to PvP.

There are other ways to farm crystals or exp or any of the rewards given for doing a random dungeon if you don't want to fill in where you are needed. But that doesn't change that random dungeons entire point of being is to get people to fill into dungeons they are needed in and can be filled into.

You are free to leave if you want. It's a free country. But you're penalized because you broke your agreement when entering the random queue finder, and because you're breaking the entire purpose of the system for your own gain. ZOS shouldn't make that easier for you.

It's little different than throwing yourself into slaughterfish in Cyrodiil just so nobody can say they killed you. You're free to do it. But it goes against the point of the thing you're doing. And any penalties you incur doing it are well deserved.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on March 5, 2021 3:29AM
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ascarl wrote: »
    With the new patch, gaining experience becomes more important for many players. One of the best ways to gain experience is random dungeons IMHO.

However ESO + subscribers are at a huge disadvantage here because of DLC dungeons are much harder and longer than vanilla. For farming transmutation crystals I used my sub CP characters (this will give you the shortest and easiest dungeons). However for gaining CP using sub-level 50 chars is not an option. With ESO+ your expected value for dungeon duration is much higher than without which will drastically reduce the amout of exp from random dungeons.

This is punishing you most loyal customers, especially those with 3 month or 1 year options. I hope this is not intended. So please let us ESO + users disable DLC dungeons with some kind of toggle. For people who like the DLC dungeons, they can leave them on, those who don't like / want them should be able to disable it.

I SECOND THIS MOTION!!!!

*SMASHES GAVEL ON DESK*
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So...a player who has bought all dlc's one by one and is not an eso+ subscriber is stuck with dlc dungeons while eso+ folks can just opt out? I don't think so...
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Flamebait
    Flamebait
    ✭✭✭
    Actually the point of the thread isn't to make it a toggle for ESO+ players, but rather to move all the DLC dungeons to a separate queue, either with normal veterans or something else. It's not meant to make it so you get punished for having bought them, although at least then you can't simply refuse to pay the company anymore and actually get the aforementioned effect.
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a blatantly false answer though. If I am subscribed to ESO+ then I am forced to go to something I will simply quit from so as not to bother myself, thus bothering others.

You aren't forced. You're paying for all the content. Joining an activity that queues you for all content you own, and then complaining that you're being punished for it. The random group finder is not for solo farming specific dungeons. That is what specific dungeons are for. It's for helping people who need a group. And you're agreeing to help with any dungeon you can when you queue for a random.

If you don't want to help with any dungeon you can, then don't queue for a random or don't pay for dungeons you don't want to do.

Again not really an accurate answer since I would love to unsub from the DLC dungeon content if I could maintain the part of the subscription that I want. The only part of ESO+ that actually holds any value at all to me is the craft bag. I am also not alone from the fact that threads about exactly this continue to be made. Also the case everyone opposed to this is making is exactly what you have said it is not. They are trying to farm a specific dungeon, and the dungeon finder is being used to make others enter that dungeon since they either can't get friends or guild members to run it with them or choose not too. As such anyone that queues for a random is essentially being forced to help them farm or quit the dungeon. If any one person chooses a specific dungeon then the system is not random and so then up to 3 other's are being made to do what one or more want to.

As for the other point no I am not agreeing to help them with a dungeon, or anything else for that matter. This is why if the dungeon is something I either don't have time for or simply don't want I will leave and use another character to avoid having to deal with the timer. I would honestly prefer that I not have to do this so as to not impact on the other players time and enjoyment, however I am playing for myself and have absolutely no desire to do what to me is a waste of my time for them to get something.

This is my answer to the last sentence of your quoted statement, however that simply means it is a waste of time for myself and a waste for the others as well, which is not fair to anyone, so I do not understand the opposition to the change, would it truly be more preferred to have people simply drop any dungeons they do not want instead have the option of not being placed there to begin with which means that those that end up there are likely to see it through?

Sorry but you are missing the whole point. Unsubbing for many people would lead to better results (beside stuff like the craft bag). This is wrong IMHO. And actually this is even wrong for ZOS since they are liekly to encourage people to subscribe and not otherway around.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    Sorry but you are missing the whole point. Unsubbing for many people would lead to better results (beside stuff like the craft bag). This is wrong IMHO. And actually this is even wrong for ZOS since they are liekly to encourage people to subscribe and not otherway around.

Yup. This was a factor in me not renewing my sub. It wasn't the driving factor, but it was certainly one that pushed things over the edge. There's a clear benefit here to being a non-subscriber. Nothing the sub offers is actually needed to enjoy the game and the sub is a bit on the overpriced side for what it is (largely because it doesn't include "chapters").
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An option to have a +/-DLC random dungeon finder would be great.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Sounds like the general playerbase needs to get good. Normal DLCs aren’t remotely difficult.

you came to offer "gg"? LOL.

Wait! I thought "gg" meant "good game". Have I been inadvertently offending people after PvP matches?

ok, somebody set me straight, I've always thought it was gg = "git gud"... I never took it offensively after dungeons as i think it was meant to be humour? have I been wrong all this time? is it really "GOOD GAME"?!?!

Yes it means good game.

*phew*
    The Moot Councillor
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not wrong. ESO+ gives you access to DLC content and gear. It is not "punishment" to play through DLC content. If you aren't willing to do the work for the rewards, you don't deserve the rewards. Simple as that.

I hadn't really had much on an opinion on the matter when this thread started. But as I followed the thread, I saw that the argument against DLC dungeons boiled down to "I want rewards handed to me without playing through content", and so now I am firmly against a separate queue for DLC dungeons.
    Edited by amm7sb14_ESO on March 5, 2021 5:17PM
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not wrong. ESO+ gives you access to DLC content and gear. It is not "punishment" to play through DLC content. If you aren't willing to do the work for the rewards, you don't deserve the rewards. Simple as that.

I hadn't really had much on an opinion on the matter when this thread started. But as I followed the thread, I saw that the argument against DLC dungeons boiled down to "I want rewards handed to me without playing through content", and so now I am firmly against a separate queue for DLC dungeons.

People without ESO+ have the option to purchase the DLC they was to have access to. With all the free DLC weekends they can even try beforehand (or grab the skill point and loot during these weekends).
    I don't see anybody ask for rewards to be handed over for free. The only thing people are asking for that ESO+ subscribers are not in a worse situation as non-subscribers in terms of dungeon finder queue.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People without ESO+ have the option to purchase the DLC they was to have access to. With all the free DLC weekends they can even try beforehand (or grab the skill point and loot during these weekends).
    I don't see anybody ask for rewards to be handed over for free. The only thing people are asking for that ESO+ subscribers are not in a worse situation as non-subscribers in terms of dungeon finder queue.

We're not in a worse situation. You just don't want to play through the content.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually the solution is easier than that, I will keep queueing and simply quit the dungeon if it's not one I want. It is 0 cost to me really since I don't care and only hurts the other 3, which I have no desire to do. That is why I would petition for either moving the rewards for first random completion to being rewards for first kill of a final boss or simply the ability to remove DLC dungeons from your queue making it a personal choice. As it is right now I will simply keep doing it the way I choose and others will have to deal with the consequences.

I felt bad when a bad DLC dungeon came up last night.. I was a fresh level 50 on my alt, and not ready to tank that particular content. So I quit out, and queued up another alt... Sadly, I'm sure it wasn;t good for the other 3 people :(

At least add the option to block DLC dungeons if ESO+, otherwise ALL will continue to suffer.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol what? Just cancel your ESO+ subscription if you don't want dlc dungeons.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I felt bad when a bad DLC dungeon came up last night.. I was a fresh level 50 on my alt, and not ready to tank that particular content. So I quit out, and queued up another alt... Sadly, I'm sure it wasn;t good for the other 3 people :(

At least add the option to block DLC dungeons if ESO+, otherwise ALL will continue to suffer.

And the queue will suffer if players can opt out of DLC dungeons...
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Lol what? Just cancel your ESO+ subscription if you don't want dlc dungeons.

Depending on you subscription plan, it will take a while. Personally I have about 9 months left.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ran Scalecaller Peak as daily normal today. My pug was only limited by running speed.. We were 3 dps(fake heal) and 1 tank.
    My only gripe is with the vet randoms. That's where you really feel the difference between normal vs DLC. Pugs break up and leave before you can finish. And don't even think about speed running it with an inexperienced pug..
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting proposal I would make is having the specific dungeon finder count as the random queue if you choose at least 2 dungeons on the list.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Not this again, don't expect to gain the full amount of experience if you aren't willing to do what you signed up for. Lets be realistic...the 111k xp or whatever it is is a garbage reward anyway. You are complaining you may have to play an hour to get the reward instead of 15 minutes...if you hate that so much, why not just go to Old Orsinium and run in circles killing harpies? You will gain more experience in less time than either, in addition to materials and motifs, take the gold you get from the materials there and go buy skyreach runs and you will get even more xp in less time(or go solo skyreach on your own, its pretty easy). The point is that if its experience you are after, random dungeons are a terribly inefficient way of doing it. In the meantime, by removing yourself from the pool of available players, people trying to farm a given dungeon now have to wait longer. No, the reason they give you the "generous" amount of xp that they do is that so other people are able to fill their farming groups...the sooner people realize this the better. There are a ton of better ways to grind xp in this game if that is your goal.

but dont those dungeons reward crystals?
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

If what this is really about is trying to let players run through random dungeons in the shortest time possible so they can grab their Transmute Crystals and be done with it, then I'm against it on general principle (because I've gotten screwed out of my event rewards by dungeon speed runners, which left a bad taste in my mouth). But on the other hand, I'm in favor of it as long as it doesn't become obnoxiously abused by crystal-obsessed speed runners.

how did you get screwed out of event rewards?

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iarao wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

If what this is really about is trying to let players run through random dungeons in the shortest time possible so they can grab their Transmute Crystals and be done with it, then I'm against it on general principle (because I've gotten screwed out of my event rewards by dungeon speed runners, which left a bad taste in my mouth). But on the other hand, I'm in favor of it as long as it doesn't become obnoxiously abused by crystal-obsessed speed runners.

how did you get screwed out of event rewards?

Someone ran ahead and killed the last boss before the other players were in range to get loot and they did not get whatever the event reward was for killing the last boss of a dungeon.
    The Moot Councillor
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with subscriptions, but I too would like the ability to discriminate between "original" and "DLC" dungeons.

I've actually spent crowns so that all the DLC is permanently unlocked. And yes, I know, it's pot luck as to which dungeon you get, but the *range* of pot luck is too wide, both in dungeon length and difficulty: there are DLC dungeons whose Normal mode is harder than any original-content dungeon on Veteran mode.

And as for how long it takes to do the dungeon, on the one hand there's Spindleclutch / FG / Wayrest 1, on the other hand there's Maarselok / Fang Lair / Moongrave and so on. Fact is, due to real life and people having to actually work for a living, or having other real time commitments, a 20-minute dungeon is nowhere near the same as an hour-long dungeon, and it's kind of unfair to expect people to queue in the hope of a short one and end up with a long one which they simply don't have time for, only to then not have time even for a short one because of the time penalty for dropping out before they're allowed to re-queue.

I'd be happy with either of two ideas:

Random Normal Original
    Random Normal DLC
    Random Veteran Original
    Random Veteran DLC

or

Random Normal Maj
    Random Normal Glirion
    Random Normal Urgalag
    Random Veteran Maj
    Random Veteran Glirion
    Random Veteran Urgalag

I also think that, since the Imperial City content is being given away for free, they should simply amalgamate it into the main game, and move the Imp City dungeons into the "Normal" group (if option 1 is taken above) or the "Glirion" group (if option 2 is taken above).
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would really like to see this happen, gave up before doing randoms because it was mostly dlc, seems to happen way more often lately. Make it a separate queue.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the random should require you to select X amount of dungeons to run, say 8. Or you can still select all.
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would propose that you get the reward if you select all classic dungeons and any number of DLC dungeons. Thus i.e. only unselceting DLC without loosing the random reward.

This should ensure that nobody is at a disadvanage by subscribing or buying DLC and keep the random element random.