The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Snipe should have ramping cost

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Hmm, wait a sec... I have just picked up on this.

What have they done to snipe? I don't PvP but I use that skill profusely on two characters on PvE every day.

damage nerfed by 21 precent and cast time reduced to 0.8 seconds.... also the cost was slightly reduced....... still a 21 precent damage nerf is still quite big..... but people are already asking for more nerfs lol

Oh... I thought this was a rather niche skill that hardly anyone used, I guess I was wrong and it did need looking into. I never felt it was OP or anything; bow/bow is just convenient (in PvE).

I mostly use it (snipe) against 'big' (mini-bosses, wb etc) targets so who knows, if they have reduced the cast time thus leaving the overall DPS similar it might still be serviceable, I'll have to try and see.

It desyncs sometimes wich us one of the reasons people wanted it nerfed.... funny thing is dizzy desyncs sometimes too but don't you dare call for a dizzy nerf because the dizzy spammers want only one play style to be available aka dizzy swing.... if you do anything else you are either a noob or a coward...... or both.... so yeah

Hmmm... funny you'd mention that, that is another skill I use, alas on a different character.

So many changes coming next Monday... going to take a while to adapt.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, wait a sec... I have just picked up on this.

What have they done to snipe? I don't PvP but I use that skill profusely on two characters on PvE every day.

damage nerfed by 21 precent and cast time reduced to 0.8 seconds.... also the cost was slightly reduced....... still a 21 precent damage nerf is still quite big..... but people are already asking for more nerfs lol

Oh... I thought this was a rather niche skill that hardly anyone used, I guess I was wrong and it did need looking into. I never felt it was OP or anything; bow/bow is just convenient (in PvE).

I mostly use it (snipe) against 'big' (mini-bosses, wb etc) targets so who knows, if they have reduced the cast time thus leaving the overall DPS similar it might still be serviceable, I'll have to try and see.

It apparently killed someone in pvp, therefore it had to nerfed.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until pvp is balanced separately from pve, pve will suffer.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    Until pve is balanced separately from pvp, pvp will suffer.

Fixed it. lmao

• Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because people were using Snipe in PVE to do end game content? Or proc sets that don't crit for score pushing content?

Nerfs to PvE have always and apparently will always be a direct result of someone figuring out how to exploit unintwnded advantages in PvP and make people cry nerf when they die.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though devs say otherwise.
    Just look at crit nerfs because of the PvE crit META.
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    Even though devs say otherwise.
    Just look at crit nerfs because of the PvE crit META.

It's no coincidence that nerfing crit makes Malacath even more enticing for more players, forcing a lot of them into buying DLC's to use it, and using Malacath should also be a benefit to the dying servers as it means they dont have to calculate crit chances on every attack/ability.
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imo they need to give both snipe and cloak ramping costs.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.