The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Snipe should have ramping cost

• RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taken 2 days ago so not the new that will be on PTS
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime someone is sniping at me in PvP I laugh because I know I'm going to kill them the moment I'm in range.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are some adjustments for Snipe in Update 29 (and going onto PTS today). Would love to hear everyone's feedback on this after you have a chance to try it out.

qvjCKwk.gif
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some adjustments for Snipe in Update 29 (and going onto PTS today). Would love to hear everyone's feedback on this after you have a chance to try it out.

qvjCKwk.gif

I'm glad someone else likes cats
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it makes Snipe as a spammable in PvE better. Bow Bow builds being viable would be fantastic!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Hopefully it makes Snipe as a spammable in PvE better. Bow Bow builds being viable would be fantastic!

They are now, not "Meta" but I can pull a 91k parse in normal Reli and Tzogvins on 21 mil dummy, Stamsorc Bosmer
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I am scared... :#
    Because it means that it will be either useless or overpowered... :o
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I am scared... :#
    Because it means that it will be either useless or overpowered... :o

Yep that is also what I fear Tommy
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    i hope they nuke the **** out of this [snip] skill

[edited for tasteless content]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on January 27, 2021 7:24PM
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    d3adpain wrote: »

And replace it with what for those of us who play bow/bow in PvE? Or just to hell with those of us that don't gank people in PvP because we don't do Cyro or BG's?
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on January 27, 2021 7:24PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3adpain wrote: »

Skill itself is not [snip]. De-syncs are.

In fact, I would even call it a valid play style. I mean if you have a bomber that can ambush & kill 5+ people on resources in a split second and with no time for them to react, and it is somehow fine, then by any means sniping one player should not be consider [snip].

Like I have said - main issue with snipe is that it is a cast time ability with long travel time - and it makes it prone to causing health de-syncs...
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on January 27, 2021 7:25PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully another crutch killed and yet hopefully something more useful than just braindead plunking targets already occupied hoping for a desync.
  • theextendedname
    theextendedname
    Soul Shriven
    The major issue with snipe in PvP is at max distance the sniper is able to cast 3 to 5 snipes before the first lands. Often allowing the attacker to go back into stealth before the second arrow lands. This is kind of troll game play. I would also point out fighting a boss in PvE in this manner will result in a boss health and fight reset.

Snipe could be fixed by simply disallowing it to be cast again until the first arrow hits/misses. An increase in arrow speed may be needed to make the skill not feel wonky. No other skill allows a second instance to be cast unless the first hit /missed or it replaces the first cast. Snipe should not be a special case.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for all the snipe haters proc sets to be disabled. lmao
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep they just killed bow/bow for PvE! Just looking at the numbers between a 7-10k loss in damage. Grats to all the whiney PvPers for ruining the game for people who purposely avoided you for years.
  • Shepoffire
    Shepoffire
    ✭✭✭
    21%is a bit steep
  • Annurang
    Annurang
    ✭✭
    Yep they just killed bow/bow for PvE! Just looking at the numbers between a 7-10k loss in damage. Grats to all the whiney PvPers for ruining the game for people who purposely avoided you for years.

If that's the case for the best build I have in mind too, that I thought might actually compete with "the normal 90k+ good ranged DDs" I should seriously start looking at other MMOs that might support bow playstyle with balance in mind..."Hear that ZoS? 17.52M -1 !!! :P "
    Edited by Annurang on March 3, 2021 1:52AM
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More creative ways to nerf whatever hurts you in pvp is always good. PvE bow/bow is dead, but someone will still die in PVP and come here to whine about how the gimpy snipe is too strong still....
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Load Miat's addon and dodge roll... Simple and it'll frustrate the heck out of those Snipers.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro it already got nerfed and you are already asking for more nerfs?.... yikes.... and if snipe gets a ramping cost so should dizzy..... desyncs quite a bit too and next thing you see us 3 dizzys on death recap alongside a dawnbreaker wich all came out of nowhere..... but ofcourse dizzy spam = skill lol
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    The major issue with snipe in PvP is at max distance the sniper is able to cast 3 to 5 snipes before the first lands. Often allowing the attacker to go back into stealth before the second arrow lands. This is kind of troll game play. I would also point out fighting a boss in PvE in this manner will result in a boss health and fight reset.

Snipe could be fixed by simply disallowing it to be cast again until the first arrow hits/misses. An increase in arrow speed may be needed to make the skill not feel wonky. No other skill allows a second instance to be cast unless the first hit /missed or it replaces the first cast. Snipe should not be a special case.

So, nerf the bows abilities further, even though as a bow/bow user in PvP myself I can tell you how bad bow abilities are at firing off properly in the first place (such as snipe leaving me with my arms in the air mid-anim for 3-5 seconds, allowing players to simply walk out of range).

Snipe has already had it's damage lowered by 20% and its cast time lowered by 20% to reduce its burst damage, on the weakest weapon in the game, and people want it nerfed more? I swear people won't be happy until the Bow is replaced with a feather duster, while 2H weapons stun lock players left and right, have a ridiculous 12M range and have more damage.

The problem you are encountering is shoddy netcode and poor server performance. We know players can only cast 1 ability per second, yet the netcode allows clumps of up to 4-5 GCD's to hit players all at once, works with 2H weapons etc as well, so do we nerf everything until it does no damage because of the poor coding on ZOS's end?
    Edited by Ringod123 on March 3, 2021 4:44PM
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf to anything bad that happens, sorry you died in pvp. Maybe the next patch will help.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »

So, nerf the bows abilities further, even though as a bow/bow user in PvP myself I can tell you how bad bow abilities are at firing off properly in the first place (such as snipe leaving me with my arms in the air mid-anim for 3-5 seconds, allowing players to simply walk out of range).

Snipe has already had it's damage lowered by 20% and its cast time lowered by 20% to reduce its burst damage, on the weakest weapon in the game, and people want it nerfed more? I swear people won't be happy until the Bow is replaced with a feather duster, while 2H weapons stun lock players left and right, have a ridiculous 12M range and have more damage.

The problem you are encountering is shoddy netcode and poor server performance. We know players can only cast 1 ability per second, yet the netcode allows clumps of up to 4-5 GCD's to hit players all at once, works with 2H weapons etc as well, so do we nerf everything until it does no damage because of the poor coding on ZOS's end?

They want anything that is not 2h dizzy spam to get nerfed into the ground so that only 2h dizzy is available to all
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP won't be right until we are swinging pool noodles at each other. At which point PvE will be long dead.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, wait a sec... I have just picked up on this.

What have they done to snipe? I don't PvP but I use that skill profusely on two characters on PvE every day.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

What have they done to snipe? I don't PvP but I use that skill profusely on two characters on PvE every day.

damage nerfed by 21 precent and cast time reduced to 0.8 seconds.... also the cost was slightly reduced....... still a 21 precent damage nerf is still quite big..... but people are already asking for more nerfs lol
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

damage nerfed by 21 precent and cast time reduced to 0.8 seconds.... also the cost was slightly reduced....... still a 21 precent damage nerf is still quite big..... but people are already asking for more nerfs lol

0.8 second cast time is a buff.
    Snipe got buffed for DPS, nerfed for damage on hit imho.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Pink_Pixie
    Pink_Pixie
    ✭✭✭
    A pretty big shame for it to be nerfed so badly, as bow really needed a buff of sorts to make it comparable to other weapons. Adding on top the fact Connect a Dot (CP) 2.0 adds another nerf the -21% damage wasn't really needed. I guess Pvp is now just going to be full of players with dizzying swing...oh wait.....
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh... I thought this was a rather niche skill that hardly anyone used, I guess I was wrong and it did need looking into. I never felt it was OP or anything; bow/bow is just convenient (in PvE).

I mostly use it (snipe) against 'big' (mini-bosses, wb etc) targets so who knows, if they have reduced the cast time thus leaving the overall DPS similar it might still be serviceable, I'll have to try and see.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on March 4, 2021 12:23PM
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh... I thought this was a rather niche skill that hardly anyone used, I guess I was wrong and it did need looking into. I never felt it was OP or anything; bow/bow is just convenient (in PvE).

I mostly use it (snipe) against 'big' (mini-bosses, wb etc) targets so who knows, if they have reduced the cast time thus leaving the overall DPS similar it might still be serviceable, I'll have to try and see.

It desyncs sometimes wich us one of the reasons people wanted it nerfed.... funny thing is dizzy desyncs sometimes too but don't you dare call for a dizzy nerf because the dizzy spammers want only one play style to be available aka dizzy swing.... if you do anything else you are either a noob or a coward...... or both.... so yeah