Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Defeating Mannimarco.

• Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people in MMOs like to trivialize fights that they clear, i'm not one of them. Mannimarco was tough. I honestly found he was a lot tougher than Molag Bal for goodness' sake. I beat MB on my first try just now. i honestly forget how many times it took me to get past Mannimarco.

Really think they should reverse the difficulty; give MB Mannimarco's difficulty level and vice versa. I mean its silly, my character can trounce a Daedric Prince first time out and gets consistently ground into the mud by some upjumped Altmer? Geez....
  • _Proteus_
    _Proteus_
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised that people found this fight hard. I was a level 40 vampire nightblade, and I didn't even drop below 70% hp at any point during the fight. Whenever he summoned his adds, I basically got free heals from my invigorating drain and got to build up devouring swarm as well. Maybe they nerfed him somewhat? If so, that's quite sad, but it is what it is.
  • Faolanhart
    Faolanhart
    ✭✭✭
    Like others have said I honestly think that Mannimarco is the hardest fight in the game, even tougher than the prince domination himself.
    Here is how I did it.
    I’m also a Nightblade but I’m playing as a mage-like one with a destruction staff.
    I wore one piece of heavy armour just to get the heavy armour active ability. It gives you a nice amount of armour & spell protection for a few seconds. There is also a Shadow line passive that gives you extra armour when coming out of stealth or invisibility; you can mix this with the first skill in Shadow for some extra protection. Those two work brilliantly together.
    Next is the first Siphoning ability, the heal. I used that throughout the entire game.
    Finally block, it’s not just for shield users, blocking saved my robed hide in that fight, even though I was using a staff.
    I hope this helps & good luck.
  • RookBorn
    RookBorn
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, just completed this as a level 40 Khajiit Nightblade.

I main purely bow at the moment which means my bow skill is in the high 40's. This means I get some extra passive which really help, but are not necessary. I did not use ANY potions which means if you can follow the way I did it you shouldn't have too much trouble.

I thought about taking Silver Bolts as I had in the previous attempts (and failed) and I realised that it was not worth the amount of stamina used. The adds could be taken out purely by my ultimate (Soul Shred 1) which came up every time the adds spawned. Super helpful as it 1 hit them. It allowed me to focus solely on Mannimarco.

I had Shadowy Disguise IV to give me some downtime, even if it didn't come completely useful. I used the pillars to kite Mannimarco around to give me some breathing room to allow my Strife/Funnel Health 1 to regen. I also had Magnum Shot IV, but I did not use it that much at all. I didn't really find a use for it since I was not going in close.

The one skill that I am certain is 100% NECESSARY is Piercing Mark. It marks the enemy and ignores 75% of the targets armor and spell resistance. This is HUGE. DO NOT USE IT ON THE ADDS! Use your ultimate for that. If you use the mark on the adds, you will run out of magicka so quick.

And of course, the last skill I took was the Venom Arrow with the interrupt. Super, super useful and cheap stamina cost. All round worth taking every time.

Good luck guys. It's a hard fight and means you have to think a lot. Definitely a fun boss fight.
    Khajiit Nightblade - V6
    --The Brigade--
    Biggest achievement so far - Veteran Area unlocked at 46
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people in MMOs like to trivialize fights that they clear, i'm not one of them. Mannimarco was tough. I honestly found he was a lot tougher than Molag Bal for goodness' sake.

Its not a matter of trivializing, everything becomes easier once you beat it, and after you get to veteran levels and fight even harder stuff, you realize Mannimarco wasnt that challenge you tought it was...

But i agree with you he is harder than Molag Bal, which doesnt make sense.

• Kangle
    Kangle
    Soul Shriven
    Strife makes all the difference in the world if you are a NB. Use any AOE for the adds. I used Scorched Earth and stood in the middle of the ring. Worked pretty well when AOE ult was down. Use poison arrow, pots when Ty need to. Roll dodge the single shots, try to avoid AOE.

But again, Strife was the difference between getting wiped repeatedly and beating him on the first try after I put it back on my toolbar.
    Edited by Kangle on April 24, 2014 5:00PM
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Crumpy wrote: »
    You just need to survive the waves then hit Mannimarco a couple of times and he *** off and, job done :)

Just be sure to dodge the red marks on the ground

By a couple of times do you mean a few dozen times? The level 40 Mannimarco has several thousand HP so you're not going to defeat him by hitting him a couple of times like you say.

Oh sorry I was doing the quest where you rescue Tharn from Mannimarco's place (which is a mess quite frankly) and in the final bit I had to "Defeat Mannimarco". With da skellys and that
    Edited by Crumpy on April 24, 2014 5:38PM
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Jeffries
    Jeffries
    Soul Shriven
    I found the fight pretty easy. Just use blood craze (Dual Wield -> Twin Slashes morph). The selfheal is great.
    Imperial VR1
  • Jeffreylane409
    Has anyone mentioned using frost resist?

i ask, since when i had done it on my Nord templar, i never dropped below 95% health, it wa slike his attacks did jack to me.
  • Korereactor
    Korereactor
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck in the instance, defeated him, didn't get credit. Now I can't get out. I don't care if I have to beat him again, I just want to figure out how to get out of here. I can't use way-shrine, it won't let me zoom all the way out on the map. Logged out and back in, still in instance where I left off, he's dead and my NPC friends still think he's alive. Reset UI as well, nothing. I can't click on anything to proceed. Any ideas? Will it eventually reset if I stay logged out for a while?

UPDATE: If you log off for a while you will reset outside of The Harborage. I unfortunately did not get credit for the kill, but I'll come back later and finish him off.
    Edited by Korereactor on April 26, 2014 7:28PM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This fight is ridiculous for night blade if you aren't heavily specced into Dual Wield or Siphoning. Total BS
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This boss fight wouldn't be quiet as ridiculous if it weren't for the fact YOU CAN'T LEAVE THE INSTANCE.

So basically, unless I you manage to beat this guy...which I don't see happening for me after the 50th time with my gear totally destroyed and totally out of potions, tried every combination of skills I have unlocked, my character is forfeit.

Did I mentioned YOU CAN'T LEAVE THE INSTANCE? So if you can't beat him your character is unplayable at that point.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I defeated him yesterday and leaved the area through the portal...

Have you tried to walk out with wayshrines?
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I defeated him yesterday and leaved the area through the portal...

Have you tried to walk out with wayshrines?

You can't walk out.
    You can't use wayshrine (map won't go out past dungeon).

I finally ended up getting out by joining Cyrodil... which resulted in an infinite loading screen..so I had to close game out. When I came back I was outside harborage.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    What is even the point in having leveled quests with leveled rewards if you have to wait until you are 5-10 levels higher to be able to complete them? Yay, you beat Mannimarco! Here, have this now-useless bound ring that you can sell for 35 gold.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got him at level 42.

Primarily used shard and light attack. Use conjured ward and atronauch whenever possible.

He called two waves of spirit, I had to retreated to the near entrance to deal with those. For the second batch, it seems there were 20 of those things streaming in, used impulse to deal with those.

After two waves of spirit, he became much easier to handle. His AoE isn't terribly bad (maybe because I had 500 pt damage shield from conjured ward).

The most annoying thing is his life drain, after the spirits, I went up close and interrupt his life drain whenever he tried to. After that, he went down quickly.
  • Jeffries
    Jeffries
    Soul Shriven
    Bouvin wrote: »
    This fight is ridiculous for night blade if you aren't heavily specced into Dual Wield or Siphoning. Total BS

If you didnt spec any heal ability you cant say the boss is too hard as a nightblade.

Imperial VR1
  • aresdestructorub17_ESO1
    Did it at 42 on my nightblade last night. That boss is total bs. I'm not even sure where to begin. I guess I was expecting some undead spawns and a painful boss. Instead I got a relatively weak boss with an endless stream of spawns that I couldn't do much about.

First time I went in my skills were:
    Bar 1 - Dual Wielding
    Mist Form, Invigorating Drain, Impale, Silver Shards, and Expert Hunter

Bar 2 - Bow
    Dark Cloak, Invigorating Drain, Venom Arrow, Silver Shards, and Swallow Soul

Veil of Blades for the ultimate on both. Mist Form is there just to level it and Dark Cloak for the defense buff and possibly feeding. First thing I learned was that for whatever reason, Dark Cloak just simply does not work in there. I actually tried a couple times before I changed anything just to make sure I wasn't doing something to cause it to end but nope, it just ended instantly every time. I don't think it even lasted long enough for me to get the defense buff.

So I switched out Dark Cloak for Mirage. I hadn't yet seen how the ghost spawn was really working. I just knew that Tharn and Sai were supposed to be closing some portals. I had been too focused on what was going on with Dark Cloak and the boss before and figured each portal must just be letting out waves of 5 or something and only became a big issue because I wasn't paying attention. Of course I was very wrong and quickly learned that Silver Shards wasn't enough and wasted too much stamina. Also, I had to keep bow on so I could move around and interupt him.

After that I get rid of Silver Shards and Expert Hunter. Put in Blood Craze and Surprise Attack for dual wielding and Acid Spray for bow. This is usually the point in these quests where things start going more smoothly and it's just an issue of making the right moves. No, not this time, it didn't feel like there was anything I could do at all. There were too many ghosts and they just kept coming. My ultimate wasn't up fast enough and I just could not kill them fast enough and make sure I interrupted Mannimarco quickly. To make it even worse at least a couple times the npcs didn't close the portals when they were supposed to so the ghosts would never stop.

I'm not sure how I managed to beat him in the end. There wasn't really anything I did differently, there wasn't anything I could do differently. It really just came down to keeping Swallow Soul and Mirage up, ulting every time it was up, interrupting him as soon as possible, draining ghosts to really keep my hp up and refill my stamina, and using magicka potions so I could keep draining all while hoping the npcs did their jobs. Of course even after I beat him a third portal stayed open and I died. Thankfully the quest continued so I didn't have to do it again. I really don't know what I would have done if I wasn't a vamp. Without drain I just wouldn't have had the healing needed to survive.

So, yes, I think something needs to be done with this quest. Probably the ghost spawn should be limited (if it is at all now then it's too high) or the way it functions needs to be changed somehow.

In general though I don't think any quests in an mmo should be strictly solo. At the very least a party leader should be able to have party members join his quest. Higher levels going in could be handled by giving anyone 10 or more levels over the quest set stats appropriate for it.

Also, is there any way to change my username on here?
    Edited by aresdestructorub17_ESO1 on April 28, 2014 8:08PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was a cakewalk for my lvl 40 dps templar, used no food or potions and only broken white quality armor
    I found his difficulty a joke
    Edited by Malediktus on April 28, 2014 8:16PM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Lifemaul
    Lifemaul
    Go level man, I beat him on a lvl 45 Kaji Night blade easy peasy. Spell resist FTW on amulets and rings and you should be fine.

Kill the spirits AS SOON as they spawn and as fast as you can. For this AOE is your FRIEND! :)

Good luck man.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Proteus_ wrote: »
    I'm surprised that people found this fight hard. I was a level 40 vampire nightblade, and I didn't even drop below 70% hp at any point during the fight. Whenever he summoned his adds, I basically got free heals from my invigorating drain and got to build up devouring swarm as well. Maybe they nerfed him somewhat? If so, that's quite sad, but it is what it is.

I didnt find it hard.

I do find theres a LOT going on at once in this fight and its one that when I was younger would have made me throw the controller at the screen and quit.

I have a friend that will literally *never* finish this because you cant brute force it and I cant help him.

Its bs.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my case.....

When I fought aginst him,I'm Lv 48.
    And,my player character is "tank" type.
    Firstly,attack him by long range weapon like a bow or destruction staff.
    Damage him gradually.Don't stay near of him.It's dangerous.
    Then, his health getting lower,crash him by greatsword.
    It's done!

If you don't have a lot of health point, make group with greatsword man.
    These type player is usually tank type player.
    Don't hesitate to make group.Because,this is MMORPG.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't have a lot of health point, make group with greatsword man.
    These type player is usually tank type player.
    Don't hesitate to make group.Because,this is MMORPG.

That doesn't work for the main story, unfortunately they are enforced solo fights. The same with the guild quests, they are enforced solo fights as well.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • AvalonRanger
      AvalonRanger
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Really? I didn't know that....
      Then, Let's use giant woman,she is walking shield!
      Edited by AvalonRanger on April 29, 2014 12:52PM
      My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
      I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
      But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
      By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
      Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    • aresdestructorub17_ESO1
      Really? I didn't know that....
      Then, Let's use giant woman,she is walking shield!
      the npcs don't take any aggro at all.
    • Septimus_Magna
      Septimus_Magna
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I didn't find him hard at all, never dropped below 50% health I think. He was no match for my lvl 42 altmer sorc with light armor and resto/destro staff. I think it really helps that my spell resist was overcharged and my crafted spell crit potions combined with critical surge were ensuring high damage output with many surge heals from that. AOE for the adds is recommended.
      PC - EU (AD)
      Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
      Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
      Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
      Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
      Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
      Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
      Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
      Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    • rotaugen454
      rotaugen454
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thanks for all the tips folks. After adapting my style for this encounter, I was able to get through it after many failures.
      "Get off my lawn!"
    • phairdon
      phairdon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You can get out of Sancre tor - Just open open one of the maps in your dominion (by selecting one of the map names - Greenshade as an example) and travel to a wayshrine.
      Died a few times myself (level 48). The adds were killing me.
      Two things I did when beating Mannimarco; took food which raised my health level. Concentrated on killing the add's which helped significantly. Any time my health got real low I ran to the entrance door enabling my health levels to rise (also with the aid of health potions).
      Silver bolts are very effective against Mannimarco too.
      Edited by phairdon on May 5, 2014 12:08PM
      Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    • GreySix
      GreySix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Also if this made you want to quit, you are going to despise veteran content, which takes grindy to a whole new level and ALL the mobs require some thought and changes to pre-50 playstyle. Once I got the hang of the fight I felt stupid that I'd had such trouble.

So there's no character training prior to hitting the big baddie ... other than coming here to read after you get curb-stomped, after you've failed using what was before effective?

Brilliant game design.
      Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
    • ChairGraveyard
      ChairGraveyard
      ✭✭✭✭
      I dont HAVE any selfheals. I ran out of EVERY potion i have during this fight. I died 45 times now. And the way back is BLOCKED.

Get Entropy from the mage's guild, and drain the adds.

Use potions in between to heal up when there aren't any adds.

Interrupt him *every time* he does the drain health thing on you (the big beam).

Make sure and use some max health + magicka/stam food before the fight, and get a Mundus stone effect as well.

For the record, even doing all of that I barely killed him - both he and I had a tiny sliver of health left at the end of the fight and I just BARELY killed him.
      Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 5, 2014 8:01PM
    This discussion has been closed.