Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 29 - Feedback Thread for Advanced Stat UI

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Advanced Stat UI. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Is it clear what Flat vs Percentage bonuses are (for the stats that have both)?
  • Did any of the stat displays not function as expected?
  • Are there any additional stats you would like to see?
  • Did you use the keyboard or gamepad UI?
  • Do you have any general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 28, 2021 1:19AM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • CE_Nex
    CE_Nex
    ✭✭✭
    gd0lzn294bsv.png

fgpspcju7f82.png

qsuvv8pyq4jc.png

Advanced Stats not showing values for Damage Bonuses. Default critical damage bonus should be 50%.

Shadow Mundus with all Divines = 17% Crit Damage

Backstabber CP Perk = 15% Damage

Fighting Finesse CP Perk = 10% Crit Damage

The Advanced Stats should show 92% Crit Damage Total.

Edit: I understand Backstabber will only show during an actual fight where one is flanking an enemy, but I did a quick parse and CMX is not showing the the Perk active, so the 15% crit damage is not showing up.
    Edited by CE_Nex on January 28, 2021 4:41AM
  • kydum
    kydum
    Soul Shriven
    Others that I tested and are also not taken into account :

* Khajiit Passive
    * Minor Force
    * Relentless fucus stacks (2% each)

• phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in the Bug Reports for Combat & Class Abilities thread because at the time I was only checking what bug threads were available, but I believe it actually belongs here.

So yeah, none of the stats seem to be displaying/applying, no matter the source.
    Edited by phantasmalD on January 29, 2021 1:24PM
  • Ancalag
    Ancalag
    ✭✭
    Are there any additional stats you would like to see?

Can we have spell, physical and critical resistance in % with caps ?

Can we also have the global spell and physical mitigation ? Block and non-block version.

Thanks from a pve tank !
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since this was added for consoles mostly can we get a large picture we can click on and zoom in to see what all it show's so we can comment on it since we don't get a pts before it goes live.

Thanks and stay safe 🙂
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There should be a line just for normal movement speed.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about adding Detection range at base and at sneak for the range we can be detected and range we can detect others. Since some passive and sets affect it.

Stay safe :)
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to see base movement speed added to this.
    You have sprint movement speed and sneak movement speed, but not base.
    I would also like to see a hover over message clarifying the cap of 200% for this.

It would also be nice to clarify in some way that stats are additive, not multiplicative. And would be nice to see your overall crit damage modifier, (including the base +50%)
    Edited by CyberOnEso on February 3, 2021 2:02PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some stats do not seem to be counted (like live mender passive for example).

I find the UI kinda overwhelming and unintuitive to some degree. I am not sure if some stats are not counted and it is simply an UI error (but they work mechanical wise) or some stats simply do not work at all.

It would really help if new UI would track every bonus & penalty and from what passive or effect it is comming from.

Example: On my Argonian healer, UI says I have 10% healing done bonus. When I hover mouse cursor over it, it shows that 4% comes from CP and 6% comes from Live Mender passive.

Bonuses could be colored green and penalties (like armour passives) colored red ^ .

This would help greatly in making better choices as players would know exactly where are bonuses comming from and they can swap x thing for y bonus to make a better build and fine-tune it to achieve more optimal & desired effect.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any additional stats you would like to see?

Idle / Out of Combat Recovery is a little known stat even to the nerds on the Theorycrafting Discord. That's the whole reason I installed Harven's Extended Stats in the first place.

It's one of the tools I use to bugcheck the game when we have 0 recovery or when we found out the mundus / set recovery pieces don't work outside of combat.

While you're at it I feel like Idle recovery needs some love and should be in the in-game tooltips. Most MMOs have really fast OOC recovery just as a QoL thing. Even DAoC had faster regen while sitting back in the day. And since you guys are on a mission to change everything to a flat stat instead of percentage I think that's another one to add to your list.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that the Advanced Stats still has problems related to crit damage as well.

I took the following and slotted them (where applicable) on a template character:

10 points in Precision (to unlock other nodes)
    40 points in Piercing
    50 points in Fighting Finesse
    50 points in Deadly Aim
    50 points in Thaumaturge
    50 points in Biting Aura

I then took the Shadow Mundus. I checked to make sure it was showing up on my character sheet as applying 11% extra crit damage.

Under the "Damage Bonuses" section of Advanced Stats, I saw the 10% bonus to Bleed, Disease, Fire, Frost, Magic, Oblivion, Poison, and Shock damage. I did not see anything for Critical Damage (0 flat and 0%).

I removed the Fighting Finesse CP node from the slot, and I did around 10% less critical damage as a result. The Advanced Stats page still said 0 flat and 0% critical damage.

I then changed to the Steed stone and did around 11% less crit damage than before. The Advanced Stats page still said 0 flat and 0% crit dam.

It seems both Fighting Finesse and the Shadow are working, but the Advanced Stats page is not.

ETA: As a templar with the Piercing Spear passive, I should also have 10% crit damage on top of Fighting Finesse and the Shadow stone. That is not showing up under Advanced Stats either.
    Edited by virtus753 on February 12, 2021 10:05PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An update from today's patch:

In addition to the crit damage stat stuck at 0 flat and 0% still, the sprint and sneak speed stats don't seem to be working 100% correctly either, and the calculations that do work often don't update in the stats menu until you move/sprint/sneak/block. (Unfortunately the critical damage stat never updates even after critting on a mob.)

Examples: Adding or removing CP in Hasty doesn't change the Advanced Stats UI until I sprint again. Adding or removing CP in Fleet Phantom doesn't change the Advanced Stats UI until I sneak again. I have waited more than five minutes standing still waiting for the Stats page to update to no effect. (I can also confirm this for Nimble Protector, which doesn't change the Stats page until I start blocking.) This is likely to be *very* confusing for people who are standing still trying to use the Stats window to calculate the effects of CP changes.

The Ring of the Wild Hunt in particular does not seem to be reflected in the Advanced Stats UI at all: I have 161% sprint speed without Ring of the Wild Hunt. I have 169% after adding Hasty maxed out in the red tree (and then sprinting to update the UI), which seems correct. But adding the Ring of the Wild Hunt results in the same 161%/169% sprint speed stat, depending on Hasty, even though in game there's an obvious speed difference with the ring while walking, running, and sprinting. The ring is just never reflected in the stats page, even after sprinting and sneaking to try to update the UI.

The sneak speed stat is likewise stuck for me at 60% with and without the Ring of the Wild Hunt, even though the ring noticeably boosts actual sneak speed in game. (My character stands up and jogs slowly while sneaking rather than remaining in crouch.) That's without anything in Fleet Phantom or other sources of sneak movement penalty reduction, to the best of my knowledge.

Fleet Phantom does increase the sneak speed stat, but it goes from 60% to 70% in the UI (with or without the Ring of the Wild Hunt equipped). About a half hour ago, maxed Fleet Phantom was only bumping up my sneak speed from 60% to 66% in the UI menu, but I can't seem to replicate that in any way now.

I'm honestly not sure what to trust about this new Stats window given all of the issues here, and I've only been testing this handful of stats.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the pc controller ui theres too much space inbetween the flat / % lines and it makes the window go off the screen. You can still scroll down when you click on it but it doesnt look very good.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    virtus753 wrote: »

In addition to the crit damage stat stuck at 0 flat and 0% still, the sprint and sneak speed stats don't seem to be working 100% correctly either, and the calculations that do work often don't update in the stats menu until you move/sprint/sneak/block. (Unfortunately the critical damage stat never updates even after critting on a mob.)

Examples: Adding or removing CP in Hasty doesn't change the Advanced Stats UI until I sprint again. Adding or removing CP in Fleet Phantom doesn't change the Advanced Stats UI until I sneak again. I have waited more than five minutes standing still waiting for the Stats page to update to no effect. (I can also confirm this for Nimble Protector, which doesn't change the Stats page until I start blocking.) This is likely to be *very* confusing for people who are standing still trying to use the Stats window to calculate the effects of CP changes.

The Ring of the Wild Hunt in particular does not seem to be reflected in the Advanced Stats UI at all: I have 161% sprint speed without Ring of the Wild Hunt. I have 169% after adding Hasty maxed out in the red tree (and then sprinting to update the UI), which seems correct. But adding the Ring of the Wild Hunt results in the same 161%/169% sprint speed stat, depending on Hasty, even though in game there's an obvious speed difference with the ring while walking, running, and sprinting. The ring is just never reflected in the stats page, even after sprinting and sneaking to try to update the UI.

The sneak speed stat is likewise stuck for me at 60% with and without the Ring of the Wild Hunt, even though the ring noticeably boosts actual sneak speed in game. (My character stands up and jogs slowly while sneaking rather than remaining in crouch.) That's without anything in Fleet Phantom or other sources of sneak movement penalty reduction, to the best of my knowledge.

Fleet Phantom does increase the sneak speed stat, but it goes from 60% to 70% in the UI (with or without the Ring of the Wild Hunt equipped). About a half hour ago, maxed Fleet Phantom was only bumping up my sneak speed from 60% to 66% in the UI menu, but I can't seem to replicate that in any way now.

I'm honestly not sure what to trust about this new Stats window given all of the issues here, and I've only been testing this handful of stats.

Thanks for the write up. Just confirming we're aware of these issues and are working on getting them fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Thanks for the write up. Just confirming we're aware of these issues and are working on getting them fixed.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the acknowledgment.
  • BlueBallinSerb
    While looking at my stats, I noticed that when I took the Lover Mundus and used Rally my penetration would fluctuate for about 3seconds after casting the spell. It didn't happen every time, but I was able to replicate this pretty consistently. I noticed it especially when changing between Mundus stones and then back to the Lover. The 3 second fluctuations only occurred while using the Lover Mundus though. I did not try other spells
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Advanced Stat UI. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Is it clear what Flat vs Percentage bonuses are (for the stats that have both)?
    • Did you use the keyboard or gamepad UI?

Feel like you are focusing too much on the flashy stats (i.e. damage).

Tanking stats only consist of Base Res - not exactly a stat we don't know, and block reduction.

None of the damage reduction stats are adding in to the base resistance, neither do armour penalties, and there is no overall damage reduction.

Suggestion:

Firstly, adding in more stats is going to make the big scroll list even bigger. So any chance of having a filter for Damage Received/Healing Received, Damage Done, Healing Done with Core stats showing on all 3 filters.

I understand that you'd like to keep mitigations seperate so that the damage reduction formula doesn't allow for 100% mitigation, but it would be helpful to see a set of stats that show the overall damage reduction with and without block for each of the damage types - single target, DoT, and AoE by Physical and Magical.

The spanner in the works for that would be something like the Nord Racial which adds extra Frost Res, but ignoring that would be less bothersome than not having the stats in the first place. For example having a base spell resistance of 33,000 and a frost resistance of 38,000 (because of the racial), the stat would just use the 33,000 meaning you'd end up with a set of stats like this:

Base Resistance:
    Fire Resistance - 50.0%
    Shock Resistance - 50.0%
    Frost Resistance - 57.0%
    Magic Resistance - 50.0%
    Poison Resistance - 50.0%
    Disease Resistance - 50.0%
    Bleed Resistance - 50.0%

Spell Mitigation:
    Base Resistance - 50.0%
    Armour Penalty/Bonus - (7.0%)

Spell Mitigation by Damage Source (Unblocked):
    Single Target - Base Resist x Armour Penalty/Bonus x Champion Points x Any other factor (as to include buffs etc)
    Damage Over Time - "" ""
    Area of Effect - "" ""

Spell Mitigation by Damage Source (Blocked):
    Single Target - Spell Mitigation by Damage Source (Unblocked) x Block Mitigation
    Damage Over Time - "" ""
    Area of Effect - "" ""

Repeat for Physical damage
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like from the patch notes released so far that the only feedback ZOS was really wanting was for bug fixes and not any additional stats that people are asking for.

Oh well another opportunity lost, stay safe :)
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    Steed's Blessing doesn't seem to be chaning the speed stats