The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

15% Base Damage Reduction

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the 15% dmg reduction baked into the attackers tooltip? That would make sense because I tested Balkan skoria which had a 9k tooltip on the attacking testers screen and it hit me for exactly what it should after malacath, battlespirit, and armor/pen values. This means if the 15% reduction is active perhaps it’s baked into the tooltip already?

Some are reporting that the 15% isn't active in PvP.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the 15% dmg reduction baked into the attackers tooltip? That would make sense because I tested Balkan skoria which had a 9k tooltip on the attacking testers screen and it hit me for exactly what it should after malacath, battlespirit, and armor/pen values. This means if the 15% reduction is active perhaps it’s baked into the tooltip already?

Some are reporting that the 15% isn't active in PvP.

Yes I have been reporting this because I actually tested the damage numbers in a duel and can’t find a 15% damage reduction. Unless the tooltips themselves are reduced by 15% it doesn’t seem like this damage reduction is active in pvp.
    Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on January 31, 2021 4:56PM
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It certainly isn't demonstrated in the advanced stat screen as far as I can tell... I didn't spend a long time looking at it though 😬
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aight, so since this was regarding mitigation I was all excited to test. So here is what I did and what my results were. First I wanted to confirm that the base damage of attacks from PvE was indeed reduced. So I took off all my armor and all my red Cp on live and went to my go to test NPC. the giant by Shatul wayshrine in Wrothgar. His obliterate dmg did 9820 on me. No mitigation on that what so ever. Then I replicated it on PTS. No Mitigation what so ever. I got 9288 which is only about 5.5% mitigation from live to PTS.

But that was just an overland mob, so instead I went into veteran Sanctum Ophidia, the Scaled Court Conjurer before the mantikora. The test was against his Flare(light attack) ability. Which did 8124 dmg on live. However I had forgotten I didnt take of my passives as a DK dunmer so add on 5610 spell and flame resistance, revert the process and It should have done about 8879dmg. On PTS. which no passives or spell resistance whatsoever I took 7978dmg from the same attack. which was about a 10.2% mitigation difference.

I also did it on a World boss in Deshaan, where I got another 10% difference in damage taken from PTS and Live. For now what I can see is that its very clearly not working as intended. Should be a lot easier to see the 15% base mitigation than it does now.

As well, adding Minor Maim to the giant attack still showed a 5.5% difference from live to PTS and the World boss in Deshaan also showed a 10% difference from Live to PTS when applied Minor Maim.

But yea, its not very clear or across the board at all from what I can tell.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aight, so since this was regarding mitigation I was all excited to test. So here is what I did and what my results were. First I wanted to confirm that the base damage of attacks from PvE was indeed reduced. So I took off all my armor and all my red Cp on live and went to my go to test NPC. the giant by Shatul wayshrine in Wrothgar. His obliterate dmg did 9820 on me. No mitigation on that what so ever. Then I replicated it on PTS. No Mitigation what so ever. I got 9288 which is only about 5.5% mitigation from live to PTS.

But that was just an overland mob, so instead I went into veteran Sanctum Ophidia, the Scaled Court Conjurer before the mantikora. The test was against his Flare(light attack) ability. Which did 8124 dmg on live. However I had forgotten I didnt take of my passives as a DK dunmer so add on 5610 spell and flame resistance, revert the process and It should have done about 8879dmg. On PTS. which no passives or spell resistance whatsoever I took 7978dmg from the same attack. which was about a 10.2% mitigation difference.

I also did it on a World boss in Deshaan, where I got another 10% difference in damage taken from PTS and Live. For now what I can see is that its very clearly not working as intended. Should be a lot easier to see the 15% base mitigation than it does now.

As well, adding Minor Maim to the giant attack still showed a 5.5% difference from live to PTS and the World boss in Deshaan also showed a 10% difference from Live to PTS when applied Minor Maim.

Please repeat this test every week and if u find the time update your mitigation post. It´s appreciated! <3
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

Please repeat this test every week and if u find the time update your mitigation post. It´s appreciated! <3

I intend to with so many changes.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the latest patch notes does explain why I got around 10% for two of the three encounters I tested. It does not however explain the 5.5% one, I might have missed something so will re test tomorrow to double check that 10%. But when its all said and done, its nothing we will have to account for when we calculate our mitigation in the future, we will just have a smaller base damage from the mobs. Just want to make sure we are actually getting what we are promised.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the latest patch notes does explain why I got around 10% for two of the three encounters I tested. It does not however explain the 5.5% one, I might have missed something so will re test tomorrow to double check that 10%. But when its all said and done, its nothing we will have to account for when we calculate our mitigation in the future, we will just have a smaller base damage from the mobs. Just want to make sure we are actually getting what we are promised.

Looking forward to your results.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya but i guess mobs can crits more often since we are weaker now /sarcasm
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just quoting this from PTS patch note vV6.3.2 in the combat and gameplay section
    General
    • The built-in damage reduction is now 10%, which was improperly listed as 15% in the original notes.

So really @paulsimonps was getting the 10% Mitigation as intended but as it was a typographical error on ZOS’s behest, it may have caused some confusion.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Banetek
    Banetek
    ✭✭✭
    God this is terrible, no one will die lol

If that's the case than I see a lot of people not having fun.. Wow did that to pvp and it did two things. Turned objectives into farming where people avoided pvp..

When pvp was not avoidable it just became frustrated because no one ever died..

I hope eso does not do this. If they do than I see a lot of butthurt people because my guild will focus down one person at a time