The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What are popular things in game that you don’t care about?

UGotBenched91
UGotBenched91
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m curious what are some popular things in game that everyone seems to love but you just don’t care.

For me it’s ESO’s housing system. I have absolutely no interest. I’m happy for people who like it and enjoy creating a unique home it just doesn’t interest me at all.
Edited by UGotBenched91 on February 3, 2021 2:09PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first thing that comes to mind? PvP
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP. "Endgame". Group content. Dolmens, dragons, harrowstorms. Love questing, exploring, crafting, antiquities, housing. Though the housing remains not nearly so good as RIFT's was.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mounts, emotes, non-combat pets, etc, especially going out of my way to collect them.

All of my characters use the same mount and none use non-combat pets or emotes or anything
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugly achievement reward skins.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be housing for me too. I own some houses, have tried to furnish them, but...I just can't get into it. It would probably have more value to me if I role-played with others, but I only role-play with the game itself (my characters have backstories and personalities that dictate the quests they do and decisions they make), so other than emoting on furniture for screenshots I just don't get anything out of housing. I understand the draw for others though, and have seen some truly incredible creations.

Also achievements simply for the sake of achievements. If there's a cool title or dye or skin or something, I understand that because I love unlocking those myself when they're within my capability to attain. But achievements that have no tangible reward except achievement points? Don't care. I get why others would chase them, but they mean nothing to me.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this counts as "popular", but fishing.

I just cannot bring myself to care about in game fishing, despite being someone who generally tries to get as many achievements as possible.
  • Auztinito
    Auztinito
    ✭✭✭
    Light Weaving
    Switching Weapons
    Mounts
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    META ?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indriks
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP fishing

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP and especially battlegrounds, it's just not something which interests me at all.

I don't know whether to include trials or not. I like the idea of them but the fact that it really needs a regular group and therefore a fixed time to do them makes them totally impractical for me.

Also, much smaller thing but I don't see the appeal of character skins. It would be very rare that I'd want one of my characters to look like lava or stone or whatever it is they change you into, it's something I would use very rarely if at all, but they seem to work as big rewards for some of the most difficult content, rarest drops etc. which implies that other people really like them and will go out of their way to get it. I'm not saying they're wrong to do that, but I don't see the appeal and I'm surprised it works.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP, pets, housing and anything from the crownstore.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skins. I think they make your character look awful and I don’t get why so many people use them. Having said that I’ve now collected most of them which I will never use.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Meta
    • Practicing on training dummies
    • Studying material to learn how to run content before i even stepped foot in it( This takes away from exploration and figuring things out yourself)
    • Chasing leaderboards
    • HM
    • Achievements
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parses
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds. I enjoyed cyrodiil some time back, but didn't play this past year. Now my gear is bleh and with the new changes coming going to stay out of pvp altogether for awhile anyway.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skins. They're horrible. I don't get the appeal.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP, housing, emotes and mementos, personalities, crownstore pets. Cringy zone chat.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically anything related to aesthetics (eg. pets, mounts, housing) and not related to combat.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First thing that comes to mind are the skins — I don’t get the appeal of those bizarre looks.
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    I never cared about those ugly reindeers
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Antiquities. Just cannot get into it.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group Dungeons & Trials in their current mode. I'd probably love them if there was a story-mode. I have no problem doing them when I need a specific armor, but I don't enjoy the slash and rush atmosphere were I cannot enjoy the artistic scenery or the story.

Skins & tattoos. I might be interested in a skin if it makes you look like a sea-mer or another interesting transformation that was more subtle then the ugly ones available now. Hint at an exotic look! Don't cover my face or obliterate who I am!
    Edited by Ashryn on February 3, 2021 4:08PM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    story
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials

They may be fun but I just don't wanna go through the hassle of grouping for them even though I really want that boat for beating veteran Kyne's Aegis.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope: PvP (or any competition really - leaderboards, DPS dummies, etc), Skins, fancy mounts, endgame/dungeons/trials

Yep: Exploring, questing, crafting, costumes & outfits, housing
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    events & event tickets. I think people are being ridiculous trying to farm 8 different skins of indriks.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • ]Meta builds and build guides - Sure, I get their usefulness for harder content like endgame and pvp, but I literally have zero interest in playing someone elses character. Full disclaimer:I have referred to a build/stratgey guide for PvP, but I felt dirty afterwards, and it didn't help anyway because I'm a talentless potato.
    • PvP. I've tried, I failed, I'm at peace with it.
    • Speed runs
    • Being a healer. Sorry, I'm a tank main who's dabbled in a DD character, but I just can't bring myself to be a healer.
    • Staves. Hate them. I don't think I've ever used one since the game started.
    • Flying pets, whether from skills or cosmetics. Just, no.
    • Werewolves.
    • Farming. For anything. All my gains are 100% organic.
    • Leaderboards.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP
    RP
    Non-horse mounts
    Personalities
    Assistants
    Emotes
    Crown Store
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+