The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What are popular things in game that you don’t care about?

• Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like eating sweetrolls and crushing skulls. Housing and repeatable quests (mainly the lack of variation) are two things I have a dislike/no time for.
    The upcoming companion system is a possibly another, I can't see it being content aimed at me (I'm sure ZOS will make it a must, somehow) and I'm not really interested in romance in games. I like friendship and strong bonds being made, but when it leads to jumping in bed......no, I'm ok thanks.

Also, to an extent, the combat. It has been the best many times but, with constant changing and time, it's become quite boring and lacking a unique character other games have an abundance of.
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on February 3, 2021 4:49PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doing any dungeon or trial more than once or twice. I truly have no idea how anyone can stomach this repeatedly but to each their own.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Skins (There are a few that look cool, or can for the right character, but most completely obliterate a character’s appearance and turn them into some bizarre ugly monster IMHO.)

- Flashy mounts

- Parsing (For information/learning I get, but anything beyond that I have less than no interest in.)

- Leaderboards

- Armor sets with orbs
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing
    Trading Guilds
    Cyrodiil
    Trials
    Non-Combat Pets
    Crown Crates
    High MMR Battlegrounds
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing
    Pets
    Skins and facial effects
    Emotes
    Personalities
    Target dummies
    PvE dailies in PvP zones during PvP events
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's the outfit system. I just wear a costume most of the time.
    In fact I have some toons who have been in the same costume for so long I've forgotten what they actually look like.
    MinnesotaKid

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP, parses, radiant apex mounts, most pets, most costumes, housing, emotes, mementos
    Edited by coop500 on February 3, 2021 4:38PM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trials, PVE content in general. If it wasn't for the best gear behind locked behind PVE content, I'd never kill a single NPC beyond CP810. It's just so...bleh. I also don't care much for RP or achievements. Fishing is OK though, for not being PVP content!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials, PVE content in general. If it wasn't for the best gear behind locked behind PVE content, I'd never kill a single NPC beyond CP810. It's just so...bleh. I also don't care much for RP or achievements. Fishing is OK though, for not being PVP content!

Oh, but fishing is PVP content! Hunting for the best fishing holes, making sure your group is well outfitted for the grind, and if you try to get the Cyrodiil Angler buckle up for some heart pounding action! I know I was incredibly stressed when I was fishing the ocean spots within vision range of the Aldmeri Dominion scroll gate!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing
    PvP
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (quoted myself instead of editing. Doh!!)
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on February 3, 2021 4:50PM
  • MrWill416
    MrWill416
    Guild Traders In general
    META builds.
    Ugly ass skins, cosmetic armors, and weapons, shields( way too small looking)
    Target Dummies
    PVE dailies and leads In Imperial City and Cyrodill(PVP places) In general
    Battlegrounds
    Housing
    Crown Store
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Housing
    Non combat pets
    RP
    Trials
    Emotes
    Lore
    Trade system
    Achievements
    Edited by Wolfpaw on February 3, 2021 4:56PM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention skins, so many are ugly and kind of 'same-y'.

Demonic/lava/rock
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounts. Why should I drop thousands of crowns on something that is functionally the same as my free Indrik, especially when I dismount every two seconds anyways to harvest a craft node or because I got dragged into combat?
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m curious what are some popular things in game that everyone seems to love but you just don’t care.

For me it’s ESO’s housing system. I have absolutely no interest. I’m happy for people who like it and enjoy creating a unique home it just doesn’t interest me at all.

cosmetics.... meh.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Antiquities are a joke. The whole system is a time sink and money grab that doesn't fit well with the rest of the game. I'll add companions to that and I haven't even seen them yet.
  • Scottfree2
    Scottfree2
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, looks like this topic touched a nerve :)

So, dont care about:

Skins .. damn ugly all of em
    style pages
    non combat pets
    veteran content, and weapons etc gated behind it
    Trials
    PvP esp the cyrodil horse riding simulator.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popular things that don't mean much to me?

PvP
    Housing (beyond a couple lovely and nicely decorated small houses like Snugpod and Flaming Nix Garret).
    Non-horse mounts.
    Stuff I can't solo (harrowstorms, dragons, DLC WBs, DLC group dungeons, trials.
    Target dummies over 3m hitpoints (yawn). Would actually love a 1.5m hp dummy.

Sounds like a long list, but there is so much content/variety in ESO that the list of things I love is much, much longer. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet builds including matriarchs and bears specifically and anything to do with the fascination with cats in general that plenty of people seem to have.
    Edited by redspecter23 on February 3, 2021 5:29PM
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as we're not going to start advocating for the removal uninterested parts of the game (it's a thing that happens sometimes), then I'm cool.

FISHING - I would love it if there was something more too it though. As it is, it's just a node to farm, just like in EQ2 and it's so boring.
    PVP. I like it sorta in this game, but it's not my main liking.
    Flying pets, mainly because they never perch, and it bothers me to no end... even the critters out in the world.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP
    PvP
    Housing
    Basically anything not endgame PvE
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and anything to do with the fascination with cats in general that plenty of people seem to have.

What's that have to do with the game though? Unless you mean the Khajiit...

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and anything to do with the fascination with cats in general that plenty of people seem to have.

What's that have to do with the game though? Unless you mean the Khajiit...

I just don't understand it. No, it's not a game mechanics thing, but the "OH SO CUTE KITTY BANKER!!!! AWWWWWW!!!" Nobody says that about Tythis... ever. People can like what they want. It just confuses me.
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    PVP ... nuff said.
    Fix Wrothgar Relic Hunter for Pete's Sake! ... Until then ... ZOS=POS
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say PvP, but it's not popular B)

On a more serious note, it is housing. I just have crafting stations etc in mine.
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say PvP, but it's not popular B)

On a more serious note, it is housing. I just have crafting stations etc in mine.

LOL, love it! ... While it may not be "popular," people sure do make a lot of noise about it B)

Fix Wrothgar Relic Hunter for Pete's Sake! ... Until then ... ZOS=POS
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Trials, but are Trials really popular?

I think the only popular things in this game are fashion and housing, and I'm not sure about the latter.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Treasure hunting

Some people say that treasure maps are actually really useful because of the following drops but I disagree.

I only care about antiquities if they're mythic items, a cool housing addition I googled, or go in the appearance tab. I don't like collecting random stuff I don't want.

The gear usually doesn't sell well enough to warrant the time spent. I can make far more money flipping items in the guild traders or even just farming the same gear from other sources.

If treasure chests contained legendary gear, very rare consumables, or something else to make them worth it then I'd use my treasure maps but as they are now they're just not worth it.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing.

Only ever done it when it gets me event tickets or antiquities. Otherwise nooope, couldn't care less. Don't see what all the fuss is about.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade