The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What are popular things in game that you don’t care about?

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RP.
    Housing.
    Festering starter zone chat.
    Hats because they do bad things to toons' hair, and helms because I want to see my toons' faces.
    Things having to be "lore friendly".
  • Brenticus12
    Brenticus12
    ✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    • Being a healer. Sorry, I'm a tank main who's dabbled in a DD character, but I just can't bring myself to be a healer.
    • Staves. Hate them. I don't think I've ever used one since the game started.

Tank main that doesn't use staff backbar?
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting system
    Housing
    Dueling
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistform.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duels.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Crown store
    • Fishing
    • Antiquity system
    • Leaderboard score pushing (while I'm very interested in endgame PvE, I don't care if some group out there finished the trial/arena more efficiently than my group)
    • Solo Questing

Now that last one may receive some hate, but it's just what I feel. Solo questing experience is very bland and generic most of the time, offer zero challenge and weak immersion in the presence of other players. Very few quests were interesting to me. Actual single player games does the job far better so that's where I spend my time when I need some solo gaming. Absolutely in love with Witcher 3 for example.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filthy casual gamer here. So, don't care much for longer contents as trials, vet DLC dungeons, VMA or that recent arena in the reach. Really, just don't have the time of the day to play the game enough to get into those. Hats off to those that can. Hey, play the game how you can and can enjoy it.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duels.

Oh, legit. Dueling only appeals to me when it's something incredibly silly, like underpants punching, where you unequip EVERYTHING and duel to the death with your fists.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious what are some popular things in game that everyone seems to love but you just don’t care.

For me it’s ESO’s housing system. I have absolutely no interest. I’m happy for people who like it and enjoy creating a unique home it just doesn’t interest me at all.

Housing yes. I have a penthouse in Vivec City and that’s it.

Also Cyrodil. All that extra fix-it crap and siege repair detritus you’re supposed to carry around. Not my thing. I’ll try again another time but meh.

• winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    PVP.

Any group encounters outside of open world.

Yes i know i'm special its just real group play makes a daily play session take 3 times as long. Avoiding multiplayer means i get to eat the cake as well.

Housing is DOA for the majority and im sure zos know it. Im trying to hard to get into it somehow but pretty much at every turn the barriers are too high for the value on the other side. Its really odd, because swtor did it perfectly and im pretty sure it didn't kill off people being in fleet. At least you didn't notice which is all that matters.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing. I’m not playing Sims.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. I hate the stupid pets, the constant summons, the stupid costumes ... but its fine, I'm old I need something to hate.

I like making chars ridiculously powerful, well to the extent my crew can do that. It was assembled during the beta and can craft any damn thing. I do not pursue dropped sets, I only use my own stuff.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounts, non combat pets and crown crates. I couldn't give a rat's behind about any of these.
    PCNA
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go with switching weapons during battle.. since I solo all the time and only use 2 spells in combat I just don't really care. I can plow thought almost anything so whats the point?
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    housing FFS.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • PvP
    • Trials and other "high end" content
    • Guilds
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I like the incentives to do content I'm not good at. I'm casual, login often only to collect daily rewards & do writs.

The events "forced" me to do dungeons, arenas, trials and *gasp* PVP! None of which I'm at all comfortable with but one has to play the cards that are dealt? It is a game after all?

My personal performance has vastly improved though I'm far away from any kind of elite moves.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mindcr0w wrote: »
    I don't know if this counts as "popular", but fishing.

I just cannot bring myself to care about in game fishing, despite being someone who generally tries to get as many achievements as possible.

I also don't know if it counts as popular but yeah, fishing. I finished Master Angler on one character, and that's it for me :#
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theosis wrote: »
    I'm gonna go with switching weapons during battle.. since I solo all the time and only use 2 spells in combat I just don't really care. I can plow thought almost anything so whats the point?

I hear ya, but don't you have both a Single Target and an AoE? I run two nearly identical bars for my StamSorc.

One bar has 2 Daggers, both Enchanted and my Single Target Skill Bloodthirst, along with Critical Surge, Hardened Ward and the FG Silver Shards for fun. I weave my LA with Bloodthirst.

The other is the same, with a Dagger and an Axe both Poisoned and Steel Tornado replaces Bloodthirst. I weave my LA with Steel Tornado.

I switch between them depending on the target/s. Works very well indeed.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is the one and only true endgame. Pve is meh
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rarely care: Fishing, New Life Fest, (most fests?), dailies writs and all repeatables LOL, duels.
    Sometimes care: Pets, Skins, Mounts, Titles, Dyes, Crafting, Antiquities, BG's.
    Often care: story line and chronological/narrative progression. (The RPG avatar/ playing my character part of the game.)There really should be a story mode (with no rewards attached) for everything in the game so I could actually 'get' ESO lore. I've done most content in the game but as someone who started with ESO because it was an MMO and had not played the earlier games I think the core thread of who we are and why we do what we do is lost to many of us. I'd love some new writers/a lore based refresh of some dialogue.**
    Always Care: 'end game' PvE, Open world PvP, Combat functionality, play-style options, performance, housing and guilds.

**Tangent
    (As a LOTRO refugee the story quests apart from some parts of Main and Mages guild lines have never emotionally engaged me. In stark contrast, there is a story in LOTRO....a side quest about an Ent and a bird and some orcs called The Little Bird that everyone remembers because it made them cry. Took about 24 lines of dialogue all together to have that affect. That is good writing. Some of this lack of emotional engagement is because of the advantage LOTRO has in it's well known and deep core content and lore, so it can assume quite a bit of background when writing but ESO's players would be similar I guess in their knowledge of their Lore. But: The Little Bird story could appear in ESO. It's not the LOTR component that makes it effective. Seems to me a lot of my lack of the RPG part of the engagement is not having the writers make full use of the ESO lore available in zone quest writing and simply reskinning "go kill go fetch quests" with diff NPC bestowers saying the same thing. )
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on February 6, 2021 2:02AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing for cheevos is dumb. Well doing anything for cheevos is kinda lame. Anyway if you fish in useful places, you can make pretty good money and acquire items you might need.

I used to make serious coin selling Psijic Ambrosia through a Guild Store, so fishing meant more, before the &^%$(* Crown Store started competing with me. I quit for 5 years.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious what are some popular things in game that everyone seems to love but you just don’t care.

For me it’s ESO’s housing system. I have absolutely no interest. I’m happy for people who like it and enjoy creating a unique home it just doesn’t interest me at all.

min/maxing and players who take it too seriously. Ruins the fun.
  • Tove
    Tove
    ✭✭✭
    Indriks
    Fishing
    Housing

and top of all
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daily pledges
    Trials
    Housing
    Achievements
    Cosmetics
    Collectibles
    Event rewards

I really enjoy pvp and build theorycrafting though.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the overly big homes. They need alot more small apartments and dwellings.

Flashing sparkly mounts that look like power Rangers should ride them.
  • Galadius
    Galadius
    ✭✭✭
    Housing. PvP.
    You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super rare motifs locked behind ridiculous RNG and/or HM content
    The grind, the grind, the grind
    Crown crates - let me just buy the stuff I want directly
    Beta tester November 2013
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Theosis wrote: »
    The weapon switching is pretty stupid and unrealistic
    Yes changing weapon is realistic but not the ESO style. Skyrim style makes more sense here.
    But as an game mechanic it works well enough even if you might have to change to an bow to use vigor.

Or why I need to switch to the healing staff to cast combat prayer but I also have the beam execute on healing staff for dungeon healer setup. Desto staff is full and execute is most useful on hard bosses where people need heals.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.