The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Concerts in ESO.

Ashagin
Ashagin
✭✭
Just wondering with how many millions of people play these mmos would it be beneficial or even something you may want to have. I personally miss going to concerts and while I dont want to make it the norm, wouldnt it make sense to have the ability to have a concert online. They could disable combat. The crowd could be a few hundred I would think if implemented right. Ther would be several instances which could make it innumerable and if a friend was in another you could group. The music could actually be live also if they did it right. They have software to lip sinc character models. With a bit of work it could be pretty cool.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 1, 2022 2:12AM
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure wtf you're asking for? An in game character performance concert? What live music?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect it's about Cyrodiil becoming a festival site without fights and that instead of a world boss, a NPC band appears on a stage (and instead of pre-recorded dialogues, music from a band plays)...
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my favorite things in GW2 is Metal Legion Concert meta event :) On this video character limit is set to Medium to not overheat my CPU while recording, so not all present PCs and NPCs are even showing on the screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo7CKhibcK0

If we could have something like this in ESO, it would be epic!

Even player-made small shows look nice, but this needs to be on large scene with lot of fun stuff going around, with much more effects and good sound:

HfB5kzH.jpg

GQOUHuq.jpg

Based on some parts of chapter stories, ESO could definitely do some very nice NPC gatherings. So I was totally disappointed by the only official "concert" done so far... :'( I hope to see something much better than this in future:
    I've not finished Greymoor and Markarth, but I finished Bard's side story. Preparation for their grand concert as celebration got me thrilled... When I arrived at the concert, I felt emptiness :D

u2zhu3H.jpg

For additional fun developers could make a concert part of ESO live <3
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Idea. How many flappity flaps and people pets are we going to have? If it was going to happen, pets will have to be disabled.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about it too, but there needs to be ACTUAL instruments playing actually pleasing music. I can't believe we don't even have a Violin.

Khajiiti dancers would be nice too.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen In Extremo concert in first Gothic game, I miss that kind of stuff since then.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Khajiiti dancers would be nice too.

YES.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Ashagin
    Ashagin
    ✭✭
    No this is about live concerts in game. With little effort the developers could map the artists and we could literally have the option in the crown store to buy a ticket and watch a concert in game. Live! Locations could vary
  • Geldauran
    Geldauran
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think ESO is capable of doing something like that with console limitations and all
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we are talking about the Stones jamming in ESO then sure, rock on.

If we are talking about Zenimax creating a new system where we can play instruments and figure out our own music and such then I say a solid no. I do not want to listen to someone else's choice of music when stuck at the red light and I certainly do not want to listen to it in-game.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashagin wrote: »
    No this is about live concerts in game. With little effort the developers could map the artists and we could literally have the option in the crown store to buy a ticket and watch a concert in game. Live! Locations could vary

Are you taking about a live concert with NPC musicians?
    PCNA
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he's talking about how Fortnite did some live, IRL-musician concerts during the lockdown.

Which would be completely anachronistic in ESO, and has nothing at all to do with this game. It's a bad idea.

edit: it's also kind of impressive how he necro'd his own thread for a year-and-a-half old clarification.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on July 31, 2022 3:59AM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine hundreds of twilights
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whyyyy did this need to be necro'd? lol
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he's talking about how Fortnite did some live, IRL-musician concerts during the lockdown.

I never played Fortnite. I can't even imagine how this would work.
    Edited by SilverBride on July 31, 2022 6:07AM
    PCNA
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, music in MMOs. How far we've come from Second Life and its 50 person per region limit.

Yes, given the technology advances, I'd love to see live music in a modern MMO. But would ZOS recoup the love musician fees? Even work from concerts are mad expensive.
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    One of my favorite things in GW2 is Metal Legion Concert meta event :) On this video character limit is set to Medium to not overheat my CPU while recording, so not all present PCs and NPCs are even showing on the screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo7CKhibcK0

This is AWESOME!

As a fan of metal music I rate this concert 10 out of 10. Never played GW2, but now I want to. How often events like this happen?
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's easy to rag on someone for suggesting something different but hell, we sure could use something different!

If you can get Malukah to perform I'll be there!
    Edited by FluffWit on July 31, 2022 6:55AM
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playin the wrong game..

https://youtu.be/qlEU9p-4WFw
    love is love
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know some members of FFXIV that do this but you can also play the instruments as well.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking fortnite level ingame concerts you have absolutely 0 hope of that ever happening! The server room would explode 😂
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't Fortnite, Travis something or other doesn't play this MMO

My PC can't handle 12 people farming at a dolemen, showing me 0 mobs so hundreds of people in one spot all spamming aoes and duelling etc, I'd might as well watch it back in a video
    Edited by Jamie_Aubrey on August 1, 2022 12:09AM
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso woodstack anyone?

Throw mud at them when their music is crap.

Lol.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post