The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Unstable Morpholith is the new Event Indrik 2021

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    eB5L2Wo.jpg

New "Empressario" merchants?
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floating shiny rock wow amazing :s
    They've the same texture seen on some undanted furnishing like scalecaller orb, depths of malatar orbs.
    Edited by DreadDaedroth on January 24, 2021 8:43PM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bodes ill for this years chapter. Like how bad is it all going to be? They confirmed no new major features we all want and probably something dumb and grindy we don't want. On top of that the plot is a retread of ES4 the worst modern elder scrolls game. It would be very hilarious and fitting if the worst game led tot he worst expansion that kills eso. They were already in an uphill battle to get me to re-subscribe as it is for this year and they trot out dumb floating pet rocks.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it twirls around a lot. I get the feeling we'll be able to hatch it at some point, like evolve it but the animation will be like a hatching or summoning type deal.

It's in game now at the tent

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RtS_zZhLdIQ&pbjreload=101
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 25, 2021 1:24PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    It looks like it twirls around a lot. I get the feeling we'll be able to hatch it at some point, like evolve it but the animation will be like a hatching or summoning type deal.

It's in game now at the tent

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RtS_zZhLdIQ&pbjreload=101

I was expecting it to look similar to that actually. Its interesting it has floating orbs orbiting it. But it seems to be only on consoles right now which I can't see it on pc anywhere yet. So it does seem like Consoles have got the code to have it activated there so we can see what it looks like from what I'm guessing.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 25, 2021 1:41PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds of the sigil stones in Oblivion and that is probably not a coincidence either.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Reminds of the sigil stones in Oblivion and that is probably not a coincidence either.

They are connected to the Sigil Stones lorewise, they are mentioned in a lorebook that talks about them.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Liminal_Bridges
    Its a pretty interesting thing, but it looks like these ones are more like living versions of them. Before they get turned into full Sigil Stones. So its looking to be a creature of some sort as well. Which is pretty neat.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morpholiths are mentioned in the lore book “Liminal Bridges”. They are related to sigil stones, so this could be plausible. https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Liminal_Bridges

Not just a pet rock, but one of Dagon's pet rocks. Sigil Stones were quite the thing in TES IV. Who knows what we will be able to do with them in ESO.

@RaddlemanNumber7 @WrathOfInnos

Btw, you nailed it
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 25, 2021 1:44PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, somehow I'm now skeptical that I really want what can morph from it.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like ill being holding 12/12 on tickets for an longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time

Me too. I have no interest in ANY pets especially event based ones. Just should have given us a new costume or personalities of some kind.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like ill being holding 12/12 on tickets for an longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time

Me too. I have no interest in ANY pets especially event based ones. Just should have given us a new costume or personalities of some kind.

Looks like there will be a skin too for MYM
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 25, 2021 3:44PM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bad is this expansion going to be lol? Going from a free mount new players need to a dumb pet. I’ve been complaining about the de-valuing of events for a long time now. I see zero reason to do this one and if the expansion is as boring as that rock it’s 100% a skip year.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ewww.... we're going from cool indrik mounts AND baby versions as pets.... to just a evolving pet? Sounds boring as heck.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSose wrote: »
    Any pet would be a significant downgrade from any mount. I don't think most people care one whit about pets. Pets would be a mistake.

Unless it's a combat pet or has meaningful effects that stack.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than the snowball buddy.

o:)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Any pet would be a significant downgrade from any mount. I don't think most people care one whit about pets. Pets would be a mistake.

If that's the case, then yay, more lag in Cyrodiil.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »

There's no way it's a combat pet. At most it will give a bonus to your inventory or something
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    It is at event merchant now for PC too.
    Screenshot_20210126_183630.png?width=1246&height=701
    First thing you can morph it to is this skin.. (in the collections - fragments already)
    SKIN.jpg?width=1143&height=701
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this has the potential to morph into a variety of things rather than just the the same reskinned Indrik. That's much better in terms of potential. I never wanted an Indrik so there was nothing to look forward to with those for me. This should be more appealing to a larger amount of the playerbase (if done well).
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As it always is, you can't please everyone. This time it's not that interesting for me.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the pet rock thing was actually serious?? Guess I’ll have a lotta useless tickets.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadlands confirmed.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP was right
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was on the stream, going to be pet you can morph to skin, mount and house!!!
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last quarter, you can morph the pet rock into a house! Third quarter, a mount, second quarter an emote, and first quarter, a skin. I don’t care about the first two, but the mount and the house sound cool!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Morph the pet into a house" - I dare you to take that out of context.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last quarter, you can morph the pet rock into a house! Third quarter, a mount, second quarter an emote, and first quarter, a skin. I don’t care about the first two, but the mount and the house sound cool!

Morphs mentioned on stream

Q1: Skin
    Q2: Personality
    Q3: Mount
    Q4: House

So potentially even better :smiley: I'm really excited for this.
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping the house is huge... Just hearing that it morphs into not only a mount, but a skin, personality and a house? Well, this year might actually be the year I get all of them. I never really cared too much for the previous mounts (although they were cute), but this (along with it being Daedric) might tempt me to go for it.
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can a stone even morph into a skin, or even a personality? Lorefriendly explanation, please. Thanks.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    How can a stone even morph into a skin, or even a personality? Lorefriendly explanation, please. Thanks.

It’s kinda in the name of an Unstable Morpholith isn’t it?

There does appear to be some lore that is connected though.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Morpholith

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sigil_Stone