The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unstable Morpholith is the new Event Indrik 2021

• MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I have found a picture of the base form!

Pet-Rock-12.jpg

Love it <3;)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell this one that whatever it is she can get the orc girl to smash it into transmute crystals.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Height of laziness. There is no such thing as a "pet" rock. It's just a rock. Instead of modelling anything worthwhile, you drop a base polygon shape and make a mockery of everyone.

Don't even have to worry about texturing it.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    Height of laziness. There is no such thing as a "pet" rock. It's just a rock. Instead of modelling anything worthwhile, you drop a base polygon shape and make a mockery of everyone.

I especially want mine with pink and black checkered squares.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »

I love my pet rock, it's just that one is enough
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if it actually does something? “Non-combat pets” has always implied there could be “combat pets” at some point.

Sorc pets and the Warden bear are combat pets.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'd actually really like miniature atronachs. I totally agree on the "hopefully not too huge" part.

Oh, I wouldn't mind one for my sorc/conjurer either. Might also be nice for roleplayers and probably screenshotting.
    RedMuse wrote: »
    That is far too adorable. I want one but only if it has proper googly eyes.

Everything is better with googly eyes.
    it's not a pet rock with googly eyes, promise

I'm disappointed now :(

@Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if it actually does something? “Non-combat pets” has always implied there could be “combat pets” at some point.

Imagine a pet sorc zoo adding yet another combat pet........ No thanks. lol

Wouldn’t necessarily have to be as obvious as sorc pets. Anything that provided a unique bonus could affect combat. Similar to how a couple pets gave bag space, this pet or object could do something like an elemental damage boost or stat increase.

This has been bothering me for years, even to the extent that i have been searching for such pets in game in times when there was less about eso on the web.
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

This is indeed the next collectible you can earn through in-game events. We'll have an article on how to earn it closer to Midyear Mayhem and we'll be chatting a bit more about the new system during our Global Reveal Event on the 21st :) stay tuned!

Could that statement also tell what happens to the indrik feather that has been collected? Could they be converted or used for the next thingys instead left as wasted tickets/crowns?
    prntscr.com/whp80f
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

This is indeed the next collectible you can earn through in-game events. We'll have an article on how to earn it closer to Midyear Mayhem and we'll be chatting a bit more about the new system during our Global Reveal Event on the 21st :) stay tuned!

Well this years events are a hard pass... Thanks
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't even know what it is yet. Except for that it's a pet - without googly eyes :(

Okay, and we know the components:
    https://imgur.com/LVXCTPz
    - flint
    - tinder
    - a striker
    - Must be something (magically) burning.

Probably a small atronach.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that googly eyed rock, maybe we can have that for April Fool's? Pay to Lose! but it has to be usable as furniture in a house so we can display it in also its adorable rocky glory.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I love that googly eyed rock, maybe we can have that for April Fool's? Pay to Lose! but it has to be usable as furniture in a house so we can display it in also its adorable rocky glory.

We did have a pet rock a few years back... another thing that was available and never came back. Hope the pet rock will come back for Jester's this year.

And the Pay To Lose pack. I never got a chance with the broom and bucket.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I want the broom as an weapon style.
    BOzMmnD.jpg
    Same with the ledgerman clothing she is wearing.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t complain before we even know what it will be! Nothing will please everyone, but hopefully many of us will like it! And hopefully the Impressario will carry a variety of different options each event to suit everyone! I know I’m definitely hoping for Tribunal/Dunmer furnishings from the upcoming Tribunal event, whatever else may be on offer! o:)
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting it's either different flavors of Stone Atronachs (remember those? There's like 4 in the entire game) or different Tiny Elemental Atronachs altogether.

A Pocket Atronach doesn't sound awful.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    I'm betting it's either different flavors of Stone Atronachs (remember those? There's like 4 in the entire game) or different Tiny Elemental Atronachs altogether.

A Pocket Atronach doesn't sound awful.

can we have a pocket sand-atronach?
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those curious here is a second screenshot detailing the method of morphing the pet. Sry I wasn’t able to post earlier as the game underwent regular maintenance this morning.

https://imgur.com/gallery/N5an5kK
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

we'll be chatting a bit more about the new system during our Global Reveal Event on the 21st :) stay tuned!

new system?
    Edited by DarkPicture on January 6, 2021 10:35PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

we'll be chatting a bit more about the new system during our Global Reveal Event on the 21st :) stay tuned!

new system?

I assume this is the 'unstable morpholith system,' which so far sounds like it's very similar to the 'indrik system' except it only needs three fragments to form and evolve as opposed to four for the indriks.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If these end up being mini-Atronachs I will definitely be excited.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did have a pet rock a few years back...

It didn't have eyes, though. That's a huge difference!

Btw, I like how the pet rock became the first picture search result for "Unstable Morpholith" by now :D

unstable.jpg
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

new system?

Could be some sort of combat pet..... even if it's just a passive buff, like the pets that passively buff inventory space. (Unstable Clannfear, Unstable Morpholith). Since they seem to be elemental, perhaps a boost to damage or resistance to certain elements? Not sure how they could make it work in Cyrodiil, though, as non-combat pets are not allowed, unless you don't have to have it active to receive whatever benefit it grants.

Problem with that scenario is, Indrik mounts weren't pay to win, as they had no benefit over any other sort of mount. But if you have to spend event tickets to gain an advantage over other players, and said tickets are always available in the crown store.... then it could be an issue for those who can't / don't want to grind events.

Edited by Jaraal on January 7, 2021 3:59AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Sovaliah
    Sovaliah
    ✭✭✭
    For those curious here is a second screenshot detailing the method of morphing the pet. Sry I wasn’t able to post earlier as the game underwent regular maintenance this morning.

That line in the screenshot "can be morphed into other collectibles" :o What if you can choose between upgrading to a mount, a different pet, a skin, etc? Interesting!
    Dunmer · MagSorc · PC-NA
    Co-GM of Heralds of Nerevar RP Guild
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

new system?

Could be some sort of combat pet..... even if it's just a passive buff, like the pets that passively buff inventory space. (Unstable Clannfear, Unstable Morpholith). Since they seem to be elemental, perhaps a boost to damage or resistance to certain elements? Not sure how they could make it work in Cyrodiil, though, as non-combat pets are not allowed, unless you don't have to have it active to receive whatever benefit it grants.

Problem with that scenario is, Indrik mounts weren't pay to win, as they had no benefit over any other sort of mount. But if you have to spend event tickets to gain an advantage over other players, and said tickets are always available in the crown store.... then it could be an issue for those who can't / don't want to grind events.

I highly doubt it's a combat pet but even if it were it can hardly be considered paying to win when it's available from an event that everyone has access to.

At that point it's simply another grind for gear.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sovaliah wrote: »

That line in the screenshot "can be morphed into other collectibles" :o What if you can choose between upgrading to a mount, a different pet, a skin, etc? Interesting!

So... indriks?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can morph the pet into a mount, we have really reached Pokémon levels of evolution.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one may have to dust off their PVP gear and brave the Midyear Mayhem. No illusions.... will be murdered dozens times over to earn one fragment of Unstable Morphy.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

If you can morph the pet into a mount, we have really reached Pokémon levels of evolution.

I know nothing about Pokemon and also dont care. I think it would be an interesting evolution in ESO and some new stimulation for the events.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've read, I'm not really interested.