The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unstable Morpholith is the new Event Indrik 2021

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing pet rock with googly eyes being so popular here... Could you maybe release it sometime?
    Under the name "Stable Nonmorpholith" maybe?

Edited by Syldras on January 7, 2021 10:42AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Sovaliah wrote: »
    For those curious here is a second screenshot detailing the method of morphing the pet. Sry I wasn’t able to post earlier as the game underwent regular maintenance this morning.

https://imgur.com/gallery/N5an5kK

That line in the screenshot "can be morphed into other collectibles" :o What if you can choose between upgrading to a mount, a different pet, a skin, etc? Interesting!

If you can morph the pet into a mount, we have really reached Pokémon levels of evolution.

I know nothing about Pokemon and also dont care. I think it would be an interesting evolution in ESO and some new stimulation for the events.
    Well I always wanted an clanfear mount for my sorcerer :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Khajiit is not impressed

3708e08e9a8decaa2603b8ae540f0ba9.jpg

TherealHämähäkki
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good for pet lovers. But I think my collection of Group Repair Kits will keep growing.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously....PETS? The most useless and annoying thing in the entire game? LOL no. We need more crap to block interacting with things as much as we need to relive 2020.

No reason to do events this year then. That's okay, playing the same endlessly recycled events has long ago lost its charm.

I wish any game company would make any new game worth playing. :(
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    A pet? Lol not sure why would I want another pet
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that is not bound and can be sold for gold or traded would be an improvement.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg after the lamest of all lame pets, "snowball buddy" will ZoS slap us with a PET ROCK??? PET ROCK??? Azura, save us...
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have a pet rock from two years ago.. lol
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    For those curious here is a second screenshot detailing the method of morphing the pet. Sry I wasn’t able to post earlier as the game underwent regular maintenance this morning.

That line in the screenshot "can be morphed into other collectibles" :o What if you can choose between upgrading to a mount, a different pet, a skin, etc? Interesting!

If you can morph the pet into a mount, we have really reached Pokémon levels of evolution.

I know nothing about Pokemon and also dont care. I think it would be an interesting evolution in ESO and some new stimulation for the events.
    Well I always wanted an clanfear mount for my sorcerer :)

Oh yes, I want that too for my sorcerer!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if it actually does something? “Non-combat pets” has always implied there could be “combat pets” at some point.

Ooooooo ... goodie. More pets to complain about at crafting stations :)

Personally, I like and use non-combat pets, and from observation, a lot of players do. On the other hand, there are around 100 or more in my collections that I never use, and will never use. So unless these new 'pets' look really cool, there won't be a lot of incentive for me to participate in ticket events.

IMHO

:#
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    We did have a pet rock a few years back...

It didn't have eyes, though. That's a huge difference!

Btw, I like how the pet rock became the first picture search result for "Unstable Morpholith" by now :D

unstable.jpg

It's cute 😜 so time for different colored rocks
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    We already have a pet rock from two years ago.. lol

Doesn't have the googly eyes though ...
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pebble-pal/

Wait, found upgraded version: D-9O0T8W4AMPKZg.jpg
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    Omg after the lamest of all lame pets, "snowball buddy" will ZoS slap us with a PET ROCK??? PET ROCK??? Azura, save us...

I, for one, really like the Snowball Buddy.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    laksikus wrote: »
    Its not a mount, but a pet?
    -lith means stone as far as i know. So its a reskin for the pet stone?

Well that's the other thing I'm wondering...it takes 4 fragments to make an entire mount, but 3, only 1 fewer, for a pet? Where's the math on that lol.

I don't wanna be pessimistic too early but this doesn't sound like something worthwhile xD

Well, I guess it is free as long as you do the events...but idk

Just sounds like crown event ticket sales to me...
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    Well that's the other thing I'm wondering...it takes 4 fragments to make an entire mount, but 3, only 1 fewer, for a pet? Where's the math on that lol.

I think this has to do with the fact that they've been overloading us with events lately.

With indriks and 4 fragments, that meant we needed to get 4 berries x 4 indriks = 16 events in a year. 2019-early 2020 was a bit of event overkill after a while. Even the last few indriks in the Q3 and Q4 2020 events gave us two berries for a single event - think of how the Witches' festival introduced the crimson, and yet there were two berries for it on sale already.

I'm guessing they're just trying to make it less of a hassle to get the events in.

However, with fewer events comes fewer tickets. Ever since New Life 2019, we've been able to earn a boatload of tickets a day, compared to older events. This has led to a lot more people not realizing they were maxed out and losing tickets as well. Compare Nov 2019 Dawn of the Dragonguard event (2 tickets per day for killing two dragons, one required the new chapter and the other was DLC/ESO+) with NovDec 2020 Undaunted event (3 tickets per day for speedrunning nFGI). Also the Witches' Festival from both years - 2020 was 3 tickets from killing a boss, 2019 was only 2.

I'd guess they're trying to go back to de-inflate the tickets as well.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one support the idea of pet rocks xD
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I need more group repair kits after an illadvised vetDSA run with everyone new to it...
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I really hope it’s not a pet. That’d be so underwhelming as I do not care for pets at all.
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what "new collectibles" it can be morphed into. It says "collectibles", not "pets", so it might be more than just reskins or pet -> mount evolution.

Hope zos surprise us. Pleasantly. Just pets for a whole year would be kind of meh.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, who actually confirmed it was a pet rock with google eyes? As far as I am aware, nothing has been revealed about it except for the fact that it will be discussed during the global reveal event, and anything else is just speculation. I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what it is and how it works, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised what we do get all the details in ~12 days or so.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    So, who actually confirmed it was a pet rock with google eyes? As far as I am aware, nothing has been revealed about it except for the fact that it will be discussed during the global reveal event, and anything else is just speculation. I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what it is and how it works, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised what we do get all the details in ~12 days or so.

No one did. It was specifically confirmed NOT being googly-eyed pet rock in this post:
    Hey everyone,

This is indeed the next collectible you can earn through in-game events. We'll have an article on how to earn it closer to Midyear Mayhem and we'll be chatting a bit more about the new system during our Global Reveal Event on the 21st :) stay tuned!

it's not a pet rock with googly eyes, promise
    We are just having fun with it, that's all o:)
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

Btw, I like how the pet rock became the first picture search result for "Unstable Morpholith" by now :D

unstable.jpg

Haha love it.

Btw @Syldras, you may be amused to find that now your picture of the picture of the cute googly eye rock is second.
    d7W0mOp.jpg
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on January 14, 2021 10:22AM
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭

We only need a pokedex :D
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »

We only need a pokedex :D

Wouldn't that basically be the collection tab?
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unstable.jpg

Haha love it.

Btw @Syldras, you may be amused to find that now your picture of the picture of the cute googly eye rock is second.
    d7W0mOp.jpg

If it still remains in that position after the real appearance of the Unstable Morpholith is revealed - then I'm really impressed.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eB5L2Wo.jpg
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbz12t9-1a2da1ab-bab6-4010-a54c-1d41cce100c6.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjM4NmFlNzQtOTZjYS00OGRmLWI4ZDAtY2QyNjdjZDA2ODI3XC9kYnoxMnQ5LTFhMmRhMWFiLWJhYjYtNDAxMC1hNTRjLTFkNDFjY2UxMDBjNi5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.N0kaDmw22a2vhNNAJfQ0PVNmFS_z9_Md1U0tuFjJRTg
    Well this is an option
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    dbz12t9-1a2da1ab-bab6-4010-a54c-1d41cce100c6.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjM4NmFlNzQtOTZjYS00OGRmLWI4ZDAtY2QyNjdjZDA2ODI3XC9kYnoxMnQ5LTFhMmRhMWFiLWJhYjYtNDAxMC1hNTRjLTFkNDFjY2UxMDBjNi5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.N0kaDmw22a2vhNNAJfQ0PVNmFS_z9_Md1U0tuFjJRTg
    Well this is an option

Made my day!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised that no pics have been data mined for this yet.

Edit, found this pic.

https://i.imgur.com/xms2Ic9.jpg
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on January 24, 2021 8:53AM