The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Name Change Restored Characters, Cannot Access Character Due to Forced Name Change.

BlissfulDeluge
BlissfulDeluge
✭✭✭✭✭
This issue is as convoluted and niche as it is frustrating.

If you ask customer support to restore a character and the restoration is successful, said character cannot be name changed. It gives an error saying "There was a system error." and refuses to apply the name change.

I contacted customer support to ask for them to lend me a hand, and they decided to force a name change on the character. However, the name change still won't apply. In short? I can no longer access my character. Where you'd expect the play button to be, it says rename, and no matter how often you try to change the character's name, it refuses to concede. Weeks' worth of crafting research, pledges etc have been wasted since the 20th of December (when I contacted customer support), and the character is virtually STRANDED. I can no longer tank for guildies because of it, since all my tanking gear is on that character.

Is this issue being worked on, and is a fix expected anytime soon? Do I have any recourse? I have tried to contact customer support, but I am not being told to do anything but just sit tight and wait. I understand that the issue is known and that there's not much to be done but wait, but I hope that whoever reads this can also understand that this issue is grating beyond words, and that I would very much like to hear any update on the matter.

The ticket number for the original name change error is: 201222-006498

The ticket number for the character lock is: 210107-001176

mrvbkeunirmq.png

wockhzqgympc.png
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 10, 2021 7:47PM
Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.