The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Unstable Morpholith is the new Event Indrik 2021

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »
    A "religion" skill line is something really interesting eso is missing

How would you imagine that? There are so many different beliefs?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it the rock things from moongrave. I so hope so.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found a picture of the base form!

Pet-Rock-12.jpg
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Pet-Rock-12.jpg

i'll buy that , for an dollar :smiley:
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you need sigil stones to open an Oblivion gate, so maybe we can use our pet to open up portals to a plane of Oblivion and shove our enemies through? Just kidding, but I'd be up for causing that amount of trouble :D
    PC EU & NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    The only acceptable successor to indriks would be costumes.

This is a great idea!

For every 10 tickets you can get fragment of a Timbercrow Wanderer's costume. When you get all 4 fragments, combine and create a base costume. Then, for 10 tickets more, you get the option to upgrade the diaper/granny panties to the default underwear. And at a later event, another 10 tickets would let the player be able to dye the fur and underwear channels. 10 additional tickets and you can trade out the giant beaver tails for smaller, more streamlined flaps. And for a final 10 tickets, you get the option of deleting the sports bra for your male characters.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they're literally giving us multiple variations of a fancy rock, they truly have just given up. XD
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is really true, it's totally underwhelming.

NO PETS PLEASE
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think its just going to be a rock. I think its going to be a following type of thing possibly a type of creature or construct. Possibly native to the Deadlands, and possibly a crystalline like type entity used in the creation of the Sigil Stones themselves.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 6, 2021 12:09PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any pet would be a significant downgrade from any mount. I don't think most people care one whit about pets. Pets would be a mistake.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet evolutions are - flame, frost and storm atronachs but with better visual model. If we have to get only 3 fragemnts then 3 evolution make sense:
    Q1 - base form
    Q2 - 1st evolution
    Q3 - 2nd evolution
    Q4 - 3rd evolution
    Edited by DarkPicture on January 6, 2021 2:10PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets would be ever so slightly underwhelming. I myself do not use pets at all, for I do not feel attached to them. You can not feed them, interact with them and they have nothing going.

The main reason I say this however, is that you can not even see them in any pvp content. So they would be rather uninteresting for many players. Then again, everyone will have them and I am not a fan of everyone having the same thing as I. I shall say, that I ride but radiant apex mounts for that reason. The only pet I abide by my side, is my bristleback boar, since it gives me a sense of purpose by increasing my inventory upon purchase and looking as though it carries all my stuff.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    I bet evolutions are - flame, frost and storm atronachs but with better visual model.

Yep, some kind of "miniature atronachs" were my other guess. Hopefully they're not too huge.

@Syldras | PC | EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not just a pet rock, but one of Dagon's pet rocks. Sigil Stones were quite the thing in TES IV. Who knows what we will be able to do with them in ESO.
    PC EU
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if it actually does something? “Non-combat pets” has always implied there could be “combat pets” at some point.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, some kind of "miniature atronachs" were my other guess. Hopefully they're not too huge.
    I'd actually really like miniature atronachs. I totally agree on the "hopefully not too huge" part.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if it actually does something? “Non-combat pets” has always implied there could be “combat pets” at some point.

Imagine a pet sorc zoo adding yet another combat pet........ No thanks. lol
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet battle mode when? B)
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I'd actually really like miniature atronachs. I totally agree on the "hopefully not too huge" part.

I might be alone in this but I hope that they are giant and also speak to you if it takes multiple events to fully morph one lol. They have to be more interesting than regular pets.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been dying for an atronarch to go with my clannfear and matriarch lol.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pet-Rock-12.jpg

That is far too adorable. I want one but only if it has proper googly eyes.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn’t necessarily have to be as obvious as sorc pets. Anything that provided a unique bonus could affect combat. Similar to how a couple pets gave bag space, this pet or object could do something like an elemental damage boost or stat increase.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭

Wouldn’t necessarily have to be as obvious as sorc pets. Anything that provided a unique bonus could affect combat. Similar to how a couple pets gave bag space, this pet or object could do something like an elemental damage boost or stat increase.

As long as it is non targetable. The last thing pet sorcs need is another los tool.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so we are getting pet rocks?

i think zos is trolling us at this point
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about Mount races? :P
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have probably missed something, but why is it thought that this morpholith would be a pet? From the description from Liminal Bridges, an object of power would make more sense — maybe a rune for the long-requested “sword-and-rune” skill line? Although it was said there would be no new systems this year... I’d also be happy with a “combat pet” that could be summoned in the place of class ones, like the flap-happy matriarch and the fat bear! :lol:
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have probably missed something, but why is it thought that this morpholith would be a pet? From the description from Liminal Bridges, an object of power would make more sense — maybe a rune for the long-requested “sword-and-rune” skill line? Although it was said there would be no new systems this year... I’d also be happy with a “combat pet” that could be summoned in the place of class ones, like the flap-happy matriarch and the fat bear! :lol:

The description on PS4 names it as a pet consisting of 3 fragments.

Also there doesn’t appear to be a placeholder image for the pet so it’s really unknown what it looks like.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we sure this is the 'new indrik' in the sense that there will be a whole series of them released throughout the year, requiring multiple events to complete?

They've already done various pets (and possibly other items) which are created by collecting and combining fragments, so it could just be another one, like the pig from the Jester's Festival or that blob of green goo from...somewhere or other.

But if it is the new indrik and you don't like it the solution is simple: don't buy the fragments. Spend your event tickets on something else, or don't even bother with tickets and just do events for the achievements, direct drops or whatever else. If you don't care about any of that either then don't do the event at all. No one's going to require you to collect this thing if you don't want it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

This is indeed the next collectible you can earn through in-game events. We'll have an article on how to earn it closer to Midyear Mayhem and we'll be chatting a bit more about the new system during our Global Reveal Event on the 21st :) stay tuned!

it's not a pet rock with googly eyes, promise
    Staff Post
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so we are getting pet rocks?

i think zos is trolling us at this point

Would make it the perfect pet for Jester's when you think about it.