Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase—January 2021"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
7prz1dp1mobj.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Crown Store Showcase—January 2021"

Prepare for the Gates of Oblivion year-long adventure with a host of new and returning items coming to the Crown Store in January!
Staff Post
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice guys! I’m excited for the dibellla pack, and the mad alchemist pack looks pretty damn cool as well. Senche raht mount with a pretty mane? yes pls :)
    Edited by hexnotic on January 4, 2021 2:56PM
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp, I guess it's back to my crowns collecting dust again. Nothing really noteworthy to me this month except the new Hazardous Alchemy motif. I really REALLY wish you guys would release more adornments, cosmetics & hairstyles in the crown store. :disappointed:
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice stuff. So many things I want to get. Shame that Stone Eagle house isn't included in it
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely nothing.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skingrad palace and a gratuitous reference to the Deadlands. Hint, hint.
    PC EU
  • Zath
    Zath
    ✭✭✭
    "Single Event Tickets will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time during Midyear Mayhem."

Are we getting Midyear Mayhem again this month?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zath wrote: »
    "Single Event Tickets will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time during Midyear Mayhem."

Yup! More details coming later this month :)
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad to see a variety of homes, furnishing packs, costumes and more coming to the Crown Store! :) I think I may have to splurge on Grand Topal Hideaway as I do love properties with lots of nature and it looks quite scenic.

I do hope that Tel Galen will similarly return with a variety of Dunmer furnishing packs during the Tribunal event! :smiley:
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is extremely disappointing. No Stone Eagle Aerie huh? Limited selection... You guys really don't want my money do you?

Just make everything available all the time at a normal price and then just put things on sale...like every other business that tries to sell me stuff. You guys miss out on so much money because by time something comes up for sale, i am no longer interested in buying it. If it was available when i wanted it instead of once a year( if we are lucky) you would have been able to make a lot of sales off me alone. But this limited selection limited time stuff, i mostly ignore the crown store
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭

Year in Tamriel must be very short if Midyear is one month after the year start..
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm... so maybe just call this event "Mayhem".. Because you know... it is not "Midyear" yet by any means... far from it :#
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of boring, so much old content keeps coming back and not so much new stuff...
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm... so maybe just call this event "Mayhem".. Because you know... it is not "Midyear" yet by any means... far from it :#

s467v4edxw8e.gif
    Staff Post
  • kstephano
    kstephano
    Soul Shriven
    Please bring out a 600 gem mount as nice as the penumbra wolf.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Kind of boring, so much old content keeps coming back and not so much new stuff...

It’s GREAT to have older items returning as so many do so only too seldom! Of course I understand you wouldn’t be interested if it’s an item you already have or never wanted in the first place, but there were several new items available these past months and the mount is new. A mix of old and new I think is ideal, and hopefully there will be items that interest you as well in the upcoming months. :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 7, 2021 10:35PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo - return of the Shrike's Nocturnal Potato Sack! :)

• simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    Been waiting for midyear to level up some characters so I@M glad to see that is going to be soon, is grim arlequin motif coming back as well?
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uh oh. Race change tokens are going on sale. Makes me wonder what racial rebalances are coming.
  • NSatin
    NSatin
    ✭✭
    No Stone Eagle Aerie :(
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    No Hunter’s Glade /:

Maybe next month? Who knows? We’ve finished the werewolf and Skyrim themed DLC year and the werewolf house in the Rift never went on sale once...
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, was really hoping we'd see that Dawnbreaker outfit style that's been teased since last year since they tend to be tied to the Summoning Day and Meridia's is in Morning Star.

Nice to see some houses returning, but unfortunately not the one I wanted yet. Hope this represents a pattern of returns though, since I'm really waiting for Hunter's Glade to pop back up.

Pity there are only two returning costumes though. I'd love to see returns more frequently, especially for things like the hairstyles that have been out of the store for over three years at this point (Heroic Poet).

And also - Monster Arms packs: Sentinel is number 28, and the only rereleases we've seen (outside of the seasonal Iceheart) were the (random?) four that popped back for four days during the Undaunted event. We still have 12 unreleased, and that's not counting the new dungeons we're likely to get in March. The oldest is Ilambris and that one didn't come back, so that's now also 2.5 years unavailable. I'd love to see those start making more regular reappearances, maybe have a random arms pack available for 2-3 days every weekend or every other weekend (especially since that also affects availability of helm/shoulder style pages).
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHERE IS THE STONE EAGLE AERIE???????
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Mix
      Mix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Infernal Sep Adder <3 I missed him the first time around and am so glad to see him back!
    • Fischblut
      Fischblut
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      For me, it's rather boring showcase...
      But I'm very glad about return of Infernal Sep Adder! <3 I don't really like the color scheme of this little snake, but I love Sep Adders in general. I saw this very pet in game only once during all these years, long time ago - and I think I saw that one of his idle animations is breathing fire (some Sep Adder critters do it in Hew's Bane) :) This is awesome!
      I don't care about statuettes (they don't add any value to subscription for me), so I hope this pet will get good discount for subscribers, would be very nice :)
      The Markarth DLC will be on sale in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, from January 25 to February 1 at 10am EST.

This is very unexpected and very pleasant surprise <3 I hope it will be 50% sale :blush:
    • Araneae6537
      Araneae6537
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The_Lex wrote: »
      Uh oh. Race change tokens are going on sale. Makes me wonder what racial rebalances are coming.

Don’t such utilities / services go on sale from time to time anyway? I’m waiting for appearance change tokens to go on sale as I have several characters for which I would like to make minor adjustments, but nothing so major that I wish to spend 1k Crowns.

I think last time the racial passives were changed, players were given free race and name changes, no? That was before I started playing, when Bosmer stealth was taken away and they were erroneously given the Argonian poison immunity among other things...

While I would love to see racial passives fixed to all be in line with lore (and dread any changes which could make them worse!), I doubt that this sale has anything to to do with that, nor is any indication of an upcoming new race, as I’ve seen suggested in another thread.
    • Faulgor
      Faulgor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Will the combined race + name change token also be on sale? Because otherwise it will be a pretty useless discount ...
      Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
      Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    • WiseSky
      WiseSky
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      When Will we Get More CROWN CRATES! I

Flame one Please :D
      Immersive Quests Addon
      Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
      List of Immersion Addons
    • tsaescishoeshiner
      tsaescishoeshiner
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Faulgor wrote: »
      Will the combined race + name change token also be on sale? Because otherwise it will be a pretty useless discount ...

Ah, yes, the famous Breton hero of Tamriel, Sways-Tail-Gently. And her trusty High Elf companion, Dugrash gra-Borkul
      PC-NA
      in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    • shaden133
      shaden133
      Soul Shriven
      I really like the Nibenese Noble Pack I wish there was a male toga version of it.
    • Faiza
      Faiza
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's been like 6 months since the last midyear mayhem so I think it makes sense to have it again soon, doesn't it?

Also, I personally am looking forward to these, especially the Dibella Pack and Linchal Manor.