The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A big thank you!

Amohn
Amohn
✭✭
Greetings!

I would like to pause the endless row of negative forum posts and bring in a bit of fresh air by saying "Thank you!" to Zenimax/Bethesda. I am not being sarcastic. You have done an amazing job keeping this game afloat, in spite of most of you having to work from home. It must've been a massive undertaking to make it work. Yes, Markarth and Greymoor didn't come out perfect, but considering the situation it's understandable. Overall, i'm impressed and grateful. I enjoyed the story this year.

I've been playing this game since july 2015 and it's been my longest running mmo since I starting "mmo'ing" in 2006/2007. Thank you for making a game where one doesn't have to be 1337. Thank you for making a game where crafting is manageable. Thank you for making a game where it feels nice just to take a stroll. Thank you for all your hard work.

I look forward to Gates of Oblivion.

Cheers!
Edited by Amohn on December 31, 2020 1:26PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for making a game where one doesn't have to be 1337. Thank you for making a game where crafting is manageable. Thank you for making a game where it feels nice just to take a stroll.

I add my voice and thank for these (and some other, including the latest system of collection for all gear sets) positive things :)<3

Speaking of the game, this year had some very good moments, but there were also some very bad moments. I will not forgive the changes to vMA and vDSA weapons with Greymoor; I also didn't like adding werewolves and vampires to criminal system; rework of Vampirism and some changes to werewolf abilities are very sad as well...

I played GW2 just for my beautiful Griffons most of this year, but at the year's end I'm in ESO :) It's so pleasant to play the game where I can relax again. Exploring overland and not being afraid of mobs; doing some dungeons alone if I feel like it; doing a bit of PvP again (doesn't feel as good now though, since I can't select the Deathmatch mode for my BG matches); where I can quest with pleasure and read lore books; where my house is exactly as comfortable as I need; where all my mounts still make me happy, even though they can't fly and I can't dye them (it's very easy to get used to amazing feature of changing mount's colors, I hope we'll have it in ESO too) :) And finding some fun moments in random locations/interactions is the awesome thing which never changes!

One of such unexpected fun moments, when I got very close to the Nuzhimeh... Time to check emotes and mementos :D

YzAJYxt.jpg

I remember how deeply disappointed I was when I heard disgusting voice of Deathhound mount on Greymoor PTS. Then I found Durzog mobs and heard their new creepy howls... I would not rest until they change voice of Deathound (would be unfair for some people who might like it as it is, so not the solution), or there is some other canine mount who can howl exactly like Durzog masterpiece in Greymoor... I think designers planned to release such mount anyway, and it felt so pleasant to participate in the Durzog creepy choir! <3

S697UWX.jpg

I love large dogs. But I didn't like extremely narrow heads+muzzles of Great Daenian Hounds so far, and I didn't like the beer barrel on the neck of Avalanche Dog. I really wanted similar large fluffy dog pet based on Newfoundland/Landsir... Yes, I'm most sure designers were working on such pet anyway - this fact doesn't make it less cuddly to pet! :smiley:

ZNjOiqu.jpg

There are some bugs which are harmless and hilarious to look at :D

sHm8JC2.jpg

Exploring The Reach - the first zone in the game where I actually enable ambient music. At that time, I was alone there - the audio and visual atmosphere made me shiver and brought back some of Skyrim memories:

8C96t9f.jpg

I don't like mechanics and difficult bosses of Harrowstorms. But they can look cool from certain angle :D

Bpge5r6.jpg

Sadly, it's not possible to display all mounts even in largest houses... So here are some of them, bravely standing in place while I stand on the king's back and launch Psijic New Year's fireworks :)

6bJTItI.jpg

For New Year in ESO, I would wish to see:

- safe system for gold/crown exchange
    - mount dyes
    - enabling special idle animations for all mounts in some way
    - adding ability to add Emotes to Pathing system
    - releasing flying mount(s)
    - increasing limit of Special Collectibles in the houses (currently, 2 of 10 are always occupied by Merchant and Banker)
    - increase of CP cap :)
    - No more nerfs, and no horrible changes like vMA and vDSA weapons.

Thank you for the game and the atmosphere to which I want to return even after some breaks.
    Edited by Fischblut on December 31, 2020 7:21PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the OP. Thank you ZOS, and I hope you can all get back into the studio soon.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I do love ESO - I've played so many mmos that did not live up to my expectations and I'm very glad to have found ESO, and my friends in ESO!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also completely agree! I truly love this game, and I'm very sorry it doesn't work well for some people. But I'm very thankful that it always works great for me!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, looking forward to the coming year and this one has been great. The amazing cities of Solitude and Markarth alone made 2020 amazing and then how awesome Blackreach is, the new voice acting in the reach and new systems like antiquities and pathing. The new dungeons are amazing too. It's been an epic year.
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah thank you ZOS for getting new friends to play with only to lost them later, in months or maybe 1-2 years depending on then becasue some could accept bad state for longer :(
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, thank you very much, ZOS and Bethesda, for giving me another year of wonderful gaming fun. :) It wasn't without its ups and downs, but I experienced a minimum of issues, and I'm looking forward to another year of even more fun.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to thank the Housing Team specifically, for their work this year. :smile:
    • We got the Pathing system which helped bring life to our homes!
    • The House Guests have potential, although the special collectible limit undermines the excitement about the system.
    • The Solitude Structural furnishings were fabulous. There were serious concerns when these weren't added with Graymoor, but it turns out you were saving them for later. And what useful additions they were! Doors! Walls made of gray stone! Fantastic platforms! They have been put to great use in many builds, allowing us to customize and create structures that we couldn't do so well before.
    • The Antiquity system added many interesting and elaborate Furnishings (though some look a bit immersion-breaking and it would be nice to be able to trade them, as locking Leads behind trials and PvP containers is frustrating. Purchase Leads for Event Tickets maybe or some alternative source pls?)
    • Housing content in Q4 ended on a high note too! We got a whole set of new furnishing plans, and the added houses were varied and creative (rather than a bit repetitive as in Elsweyr's year).
    While I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of a single normal coloured Dwemer house to match 96 already existing Dwemer furniture, and I really can't understand why all 3 Dwemer houses had to be white and/or ice themed, overall I think this year was much better for housing than 2019. :smile:

So thank you, @ZOS_CullenLee and Team for your continued work for Housing and the ways in which you continue to enable and enhance the passion of the Housing Community for ESO's homes! :star:
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't excuse poor QA as they need to put more funds there.

Still something I did enjoy.

* Sticker book means I don't lose gear I find at lower levels anymore. Also it's just fun to collect

* Built in filters for inventory 🤩

* Old sets reworks... especially healer ones.

Unfortunately, none of dlc was remerable for me this year.

P.S Fix Bosmer 2021
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite.all my negative ports about performance I've still been enjoying myself outside of trials and just in pve and vet dungeons. Made some new toons and having a good time getting weapons from arenas for sticker book and stuff
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'd be a lot more sympathetic toward the difficulties the pandemic has created for the dev team if most of the problems the game has didn't already exist beforehand.

ZOS gets a solid 3/10 from me for 2020.