Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How's the group BG population?

Weesacs
Weesacs
✭✭✭✭
As the title states how's the group BG population?

Since the changes I have only played solo BGs as a few of my mates have left the game.

However I've noticed most of the high MMR players are constantly in solo BGs so it makes me think the group one is rather sparse?

Just curious to know 🙂
Edited by Weesacs on December 24, 2020 9:34AM
High Elf Templar
PS4 - EU - DC
Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't know who has the answer but this is the reality, the queue system is not reliable. you can queue for 1 minute for a moment and then you will queue for 30 minutes for a single battleground. the queue system can make you sick sometimes. A problem that seems to permanent...
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started doing BGs again yesterday. I always play solo, but I queue for Random Group BGs - simply cause I don't bother with selecting the second option (Random Solo) :D

So far the queque times are okay - definitely not worse than before this patch.
    Quality of players didn't improve or decrease...
    Sometimes I get good team and strong enemies.
    Sometimes I get total newbies who die very fast and don't know what to do in battleground. Sometimes it's a mix - there was a match where me and other player on my team were the only experienced players; remaining two teammates and all 8 enemies were absolutely clueless... :o
    Sometimes there are incomplete teams for the whole duration of the match.

I had few very good teams, and I have no idea if 3 of my teammates were actually premade in those matches.
    One such match was really great, the most fun BG I've ever done and the first time when I had reason to act friendly to the respectable enemy player in BG (in my case, such behavior is reserved only for IC where it's first time about fighting and then all the time about respecting or disrespecting each other) :)

The only thing I dislike about new system - I can't select the mode I prefer :/
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me put it like this:
    I doubt there is more than 1 simultaneous group BG going on Saturday night during prime time on PC EU.

We just started with out group, but oftenw e wait 10-15min (the duration of 1 BG) in between BGs.
    Sometimes we don't get more than 1 BG per night and basically stop queuing after 30-45min in queue.
    If there are several BG in succession, we usually fight the same 2-3 teams.

Our hope is that the number of teams will improve as Cyrodiil has been 1 big lag-fest during prime time for the past several years and ZOS is either not willing or capable to change that.