The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Blue screen PS4 EU after choice char

• EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    12 blue screens crashes on normal WGT just now, divided over 3 people in the group. I was the only one that didn't crash...
    this time....

But this has reached the point where it's just no longer fun. You now spend more time waiting for people, then actually playing.
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    WARNING!
    The problem with loading characters disappeared after the MOTD in Russian was removed in my Russian-speaking guild. I don't know what the connection is and how and why it worked, but all characters are loaded normally.
    Any font compatibility issues?
  • Atomiwa
    Atomiwa
    Soul Shriven
    @Rinlan_Darius I doubt about that because I am in the the same Russian guilds as my partner but he was able to login all the time, while I was not. I believe that ZOS support trying to fix it on the server user by user, so it was just your turn to be fixed ... but I am not sure.
  • Atomiwa
    Atomiwa
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I just checked - my main is unblocked now at least. But I have a question to support - how can i get compensation for ESO plus subscription because I was not able to play for a week. Anyway I and my partner both canceled ESO Plus and stop playing this *** game because there is no any respect to players here. ZOS can not even admit and apologize that it was their fault.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I broke my own record of 27 blue screens in Imperial City yesterday... 29 is my new one. All of them taking place in the lobby area.
  • ZathrasParadox
    Per a response to a thread I started that doesn't even pertain to bluescreens nor to EU since I am on NA https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7024844#Comment_7024844

The only Bluescreens I get are when entering the Thieves guild in Hews Bane when trying to turn in the repeatable quest and 1 during a Skyshard hunt in Craglorn last night.

Truly the weirdest thing though is being able to still talk in-game voice chat during game freezes and the bluescreen.

I've been playing ESO for 3 months and it seems the bluescreen and game freezes only started after Microsoft bought the company. Before then I had never bluescreened or had any game freezes on ESO.
    On a further note about bluescreens. I had bluescreened enough on Fallout 76 that they broke 3 PS4 pros in 2 years (I've only been playing on PS4 pro since November 2018, PC gamer for 30+ years before that) I no longer play Fallout 76 since the warranty has since expired on my PS4 pro and I stopped bluescreening when I stopped playing Fallout 76. Bethesda just constantly blamed excessive stacks of items in my inventory. Not once has Bethesda ever owned up to responsibility for costing me to replace my PS4 pro 3 times.
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    So... I don't envy @zos at all.

if you can load any character and others are stuck, log into that 1 character and submit a ticket for your other stuck characters.

Some manager decided that after seeing the problems with the PC launch, that it was still okay to march on ahead with the patch for xbox and Playstation.

You can take a look at the forums for xbox on here, and on PC and PS4, and you should, it will show you the state of this product. You can then ask yourself if it is still worth paying the subscription fee for the craft bag, or if you should stop until they fix their stuff.

Its intriguing to me. They haven't rolled back the patch, maybe they don't have the capabilities to do so, i mean either database capabilities, or engine difficulty / finickiness, but at this time, its probably not feasible from a customer experience standpoint, what with all the time invested by players at this point.

voice will go over udp as it is connection-less, or voip, or sip, back in Nortel was co-op when sip was coming out
    and the game will run over tcp.
    in the background they could potentially go to different servers.

You will notice that everyone is experiencing application crashes. so potentially some memory leak
    being in hews bane thives guild,
    i took 4 steps and crashed,
    logged back in, took 2 steps and crashed,
    logged back in, and was able to walk around like nothing happened.

Doing normal cloud rest,
    bar swapping boss that emits lightning if not bar swapping.
    sudden lag spike, voice still works, everyone does a "whose still here, i'm still here"
    count to 5 or 7 , so 5000ms - 7000ms
    we're able to move again, surprised we aren't dead.
    find out 3 people dc'd.
    this would be server latency (potentially cpu) and not client side latency as we were still able to speak, while still be in the game itself.
    there was no rapid voice over or jumbled speech to signify the udp packets received a push status. (not up on sip, or any other potential voice carrying protocol. also have not yet modified my ps4 to run a tcpdump or equivalent on the freebsd system

final boss.
    tank wasn't bashing. healer getting picked up in the air and dropped, after dropping, cant cast heals, cant synergize,
    picked up and dropped again, can use full "bar" functionality again.

@zos isn't a publicly traded company, if i recall correctly, so there is no reason to push out a buggy patch after you're letting
    PC players actually beta test the product with [ load / scale ] being applied to it. if anything it shows a complete lack of care towards customer experience.

customer support facing people can only point to the troubleshooting guide, no matter how futile it is, because they can't say " our dev's bungled the pooch on this one"

nor can they say "our servers can't deal with all the calculations in cyrodil, so we're going to reduce party size by 50%, and remove a portion of the calculations the server has to deal with by removing the cross party healing. That should free up strain by about 1/3rd? of the cpu, improving performance as we hobble along"

@ZathrasParadox

"Microsoft bought the company. Before then I had never bluescreened or had any game freezes on ESO."

The deal for the purchase doesn't finalize until 2021, and again, you can also go check out the PC forums and xbox formus to see that the PC and Xbox players are just as delighted as we are with this new patch in terms of performance.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/552931/game-is-broken#latest <-- xbox forum

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553234/theres-no-excuse-for-all-of-this-crashing-in-this-day-and-age#latest <-- pc forum

@ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Since the bluescreens didn't excessively start occurring until after the patch, I would strongly suggest you not tell your customer base to re download ~80G - 100G when some of them don't have unlimited data, and that it won't fix the issue.

Seeing as how i can keep revisiting the same place in data, standing, though a different place in memory, potentially, in hews bane thieves guild, i know its not a corrupt texture... loading times are about the same.

Seeing as how I had never seen a ce-34878-0 code in the last 12 months, or had to pay attention to the messages, I know full well that a re install will not fix peoples problems. And so should you at this point.

I'm trying not to swear.
    I am tired of this. As I am sure you can see people in the threads, and this one, listed above are as well.

sticker book is great by the way.

Please upgrade your servers.

I hear HPDL 380 Gen10s with 96 logical cpus are quite nice, or even a recent gen 9.
    or an HPc7000 chassis to run multiple HPDL380s

Probably over kill for your product, however, it should remove any type of hardware bottle neck

I'm not sure if you'd need 10G backend infrastructure, most likely not.

I imagine it gets tiring having to deal with pitchforks every every other patch.

Hope you keep your sanity.

Though not potentially PS4 related,
    you can disable ipv6 on the network card to improve performance if you're not supporting ipv6 clients. The kernel won't have to look or pick up the packet to find out if it has to discard it, so a little bit of improvement.

not sure if your hoting on windows or linux or unix.

https://jvns.ca/blog/2017/09/05/finding-out-where-packets-are-being-dropped/

https://steemit.com/linux/@blake.heo/linux-net-core-netdevmaxbacklog-tuning

https://docs.continuent.com/tungsten-clustering-6.1/performance-networking.html

Edited by emeraldshado on November 19, 2020 5:55PM
  • Ruhgar
    Ruhgar
    ✭✭
    Nov 23. New patch supposed to stop blue screen crashes. Still blue screen crash in dumgeon. At this point I have not been able to use my subscription for several weeks now... are they going to compensate us for that?
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruhgar wrote: »
    Nov 23. New patch supposed to stop blue screen crashes. Still blue screen crash in dumgeon. At this point I have not been able to use my subscription for several weeks now... are they going to compensate us for that?

can confirm blue screens are STILL rife after today's patch... and the forums are flickering and still broken and likely to cause epileptic fits...

Also some dungeon bosses are STILL causing crashes...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted here, we are currently investigating these reported crashes on all platforms.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As posted here, we are currently investigating these reported crashes on all platforms.

How about you fix them instead? This isn't free to play
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

How about you fix them instead? This isn't free to play

This is a very valid point. We are paying ESO+ subscriptions and are barely able to play the game. Honestly, trading standards would have a field day with this. I'd like to know what sort of compensation package will be available once this is all said and done?
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    God speed devs and squad!

Molag ball grows more powerful everyday we freeze :)
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds is really unstable at prime time. I can't manage to finish a round without the game crashing.

This happens both on PS5 and PS4 Pro. Game has been freshly installed on both. Save has been deleted. The whole OS has been installed a fresh.

EDIT: Three times in a row. This is just stupid.
    Edited by Paha_Vaatturi on November 28, 2020 7:28PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the game isn't worth playing currently if you're trying to achieve anything that will be strongly hindered by a crash... so flawless runs are out, dungeons are almost out if you are pugging because you'll likely get booted when you disconnect, BGs are out, time sensitive quests are out...

I wish we could pause our ESO+ until it's fixed...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have posted an update here regarding these crashes and our plans for an upcoming patch to resolve them.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post