The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Inventory filters are broken in 6.2.7

Olauron
Olauron
✭✭✭✭✭
Bug: opening a container resets filters.
Way to reproduce: select "Consumables" category, select "Containers" subcategory, open any container.
Result: inventory is in "ALL:ALL" state (filters reset).
Expected result: inventory remains in selected subcategory (Consumables:Containers), as before the patch.
The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
One mer to rule them all,
one mer to find them,
One mer to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them.
  • PurpleScroll
    PurpleScroll
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one can confirm, she's getting the same problem.
  • Azorean
    Azorean
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm having the same problem!

Also on Guild Bank, the sub-tab "containers" doesn't exist.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the Advanced Filters add-on, but it's stopped working.

I get a ghost version of its menu bar between the levels of my first and second inventory items, but it's non-functional.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Confirm :/.

If this is intended, then this is a very bad change. The number of mouse clicks will increase dramatically if, for example, you want to open all the boxes after you have completed your craft dailies.

Not good.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing crafting dailies today and also noticed there is something wrong when I was opening crafting daily's containers...
    Each time I have opened one, It keep "reseating" to the 1st inventory tab and not stays on "consumables".

So I can confirm it too...

Edit:
    Btw. missing skill points are not refunded yet (lol 3 weeks) and on top of that I have a bug now that cripples literly the only thing I do in eso - crafting.... Great... :|
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 23, 2020 4:06PM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Confirmed. Inventory list keeps resetting to "All" when closing and re-opening. In-game bug report submitted.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're aware and will work on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the result of one of the changes that ZOS made in this morning's patch.

Specifically, they added a new line of code that resets the layout every time an inventory window is closed.
    --- esoui-6.2.6\esoui\ingame\inventory\backpacklayouts.lua	Mon Nov 16 08:04:23 2020
    +++ esoui-6.2.7\esoui\ingame\inventory\backpacklayouts.lua	Mon Nov 23 05:32:06 2020
    @@ -47,8 +47,9 @@ function ZO_BackpackLayoutFragment:Show(
         self:OnShown()
     end

function ZO_BackpackLayoutFragment:Hide()
    +    PLAYER_INVENTORY:ApplyBackpackLayout(DEFAULT_BACKPACK_LAYOUT_DATA)
         self:OnHidden()
     end

----------------------------------------

Needless to say, this is quite annoying. It's possible to restore the old behavior by undoing the change that ZOS made in 6.2.7.
    • If you use Advanced Filters, the latest version of that addon includes such a workaround.
    • If you do not use Advanced Filters, you can download Workaround: Keep Inventory Category from ESOUI or Minion.
    Edited by code65536 on November 23, 2020 6:01PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    This is the result of one of the changes that they made to this morning's patch.

Specifically, they added a new line of code that resets the layout every time an inventory window is closed.
    --- esoui-6.2.6\esoui\ingame\inventory\backpacklayouts.lua	Mon Nov 16 08:04:23 2020
    +++ esoui-6.2.7\esoui\ingame\inventory\backpacklayouts.lua	Mon Nov 23 05:32:06 2020
     end

end

Needless to say, this is quite annoying. It's possible to restore the old behavior by undoing the change that ZOS made in 6.2.7.
    • If you use Advanced Filters, the latest version of that addon includes such a workaround.
    • If you do not use Advanced Filters, you can download Workaround: Keep Inventory Category from ESOUI or Minion.
    Yes, lets patch the game for them... would be easier and will decrease the chance of new bugs appearing... (It worked like that in TES games (Skyrim, Oblivion etc). For every official update there was always a community non-official patch that was fixing what they broke...

...Now all we need is an add-on that will refund missing skill points :D

This is why it is so annoying. I am stuck. If it was Skyrim or Oblivion or any other "TES" game I could simply "fix" it myself. Like installing a mod or re-loading older save game or maybe even "editing" a save game. But since it is not, I am on a mercy of ESO devs (coders to be specific)... :|
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So this is not a bug, but a planned change? Why on earth would they want us to spend more time clicking?

I noticed this behavior when trying to open multiple rewards containers, and thought it was a bug.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

So this is not a bug, but a planned change? Why on earth would they want us to spend more time clicking?

I noticed this behavior when trying to open multiple rewards containers, and thought it was a bug.

My best guess is that this was their attempt at a workaround for the bug where items in your bank or storage would occasionally not appear due to the inventory filter being stuck in an invalid state, which players could easily fix by opening their character's personal bag and trying again.

If that is the case (and again, I'm just speculating), then this would be an example of the cure being worse than the problem.
    Edited by code65536 on November 24, 2020 8:50AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is also for stuff bringing up an page or menu. Using crafting writs is one, same with motif pages, I guess deleting items also do it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I get a ghost version of its menu bar between the levels of my first and second inventory items, but it's non-functional.

Same, exactly.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My best guess is that this was their attempt at a workaround for the bug where items in your bank or storage would occasionally not appear due to the inventory filter being stuck in an invalid state, which players could easily fix by opening their character's personal bag and trying again.

If that is the case (and again, I'm just speculating), then this would be an example of the cure being worse than the problem.
    I agree I noticed that bug some times.
    And yes the cure being worse than the problem
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭

Same, exactly.

Hi
    Make sure you have the latest version of Advanced filters .. I'm using version 1.6.0.2 which was issued yesterday the 23rd Nov. This put the menu bar back as well as fixing the resetting problem.

The addon authors deserve a medal for doing a great job in improving the QOL immensely
    Edited by Barnicle on November 24, 2020 9:53AM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this is how coding looks like then no wonder that game is getting worse with every patch. If they don't fix all bugs, but make quick, derpy workarounds to cover bugs (even only on some cases) - we are screwed. With every iteration code will more and more messy. But it explains what is going on with this game for last year...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    I know its only one extra click to return to the previous inventory section but it makes doing the writs and then opening the containers an extra step each time. Clearly whoever thought it was a good idea to introduce this change does not play the game.
  • Hiskias
    Hiskias
    ✭✭
    Barnicle wrote: »
    Hi
    Make sure you have the latest version of Advanced filters .. I'm using version 1.6.0.2 which was issued yesterday the 23rd Nov. This put the menu bar back as well as fixing the resetting problem.

The addon authors deserve a medal for doing a great job in improving the QOL immensely

It worked last night when I installed it. Mysteriously, it no longer works today.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiskias wrote: »
    Barnicle wrote: »
    Hi

It worked last night when I installed it. Mysteriously, it no longer works today.

same here
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You said it. I had already trained myself to set my inventory back to all before accessing a bank. It was a mild inconvenience compared to this.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • APDrone
    APDrone
    ✭✭
    This is truly annoying. I do my 7 crafting writs and each time I retrieve my rewards, I have to go back to the consumables and find the next crate to open.

Unfix it, please.

• Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    No fix in 6.2.8 for this *** bug :/
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    not fixed on PC NA yet.
    not mentioned in Patch Notes at all.
    another 2 week wait ?
  • AllNightPlayer
    Why hasn’t the inventory been fixed yet? What was today’s patch for anyway?
  • Kiezpirat666
    Kiezpirat666
    Soul Shriven
    So there is an third-party add-on since the fist day as a workaround and still no official patch from ZOS after two weeks?
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the result of one of the changes that ZOS made in this morning's patch.

end

end

Install Code's workaround addon. Pretty lame to have to do this, but it works.

Workaround: Keep Inventory Category
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So tired of unnecessary multiple clicks to open rewards containers. With our luck, this won't even be addressed before the next Containerthon..... errrr...... Anniversary Event.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed in the new patch. Bulk buying from regional vendors, rewards of the worthy, etc, are really annoying to open now
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    btw: yellow style pages also not shown in any filter. only in "All" tab. Any1 else have this problem?
    (I use this add on: Workaround: Keep Inventory Category (For ESO 6.2.7))
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw: yellow style pages also not shown in any filter. only in "All" tab. Any1 else have this problem?
    (I use this add on: Workaround: Keep Inventory Category (For ESO 6.2.7))

Current Opal pages are in the Containers subcategory.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.