Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Guildies "do not have permission to visit this home"

• msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's update didn't fix this bug. At least not for PS4.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering there hasn't been any acknowledgement of this bug, that doesn't surprise me.

Still happening on PC. Despite having my house wide open to visitors (which I normally don't like to do but desperate times....) and me being in the house - friends still getting bounced out at loading screen.
    Edited by anadandy on November 16, 2020 1:52PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    Today's update didn't fix this bug. At least not for PS4.

There wasn’t a patch or update on PS4 today, just regular server maintenance. Most bugs need “patch maintenance” in order to be fixed.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Considering there hasn't been any acknowledgement of this bug, that doesn't surprise me.

Still happening on PC. Despite having my house wide open to visitors (which I normally don't like to do but desperate times....) and me being in the house - friends still getting bounced out at loading screen.
    Does it also happen to you if you are in the house and they use Travel to Player (instead of Primary Home)? I thought that was still working, but I might be mistaken.

Edited by msetten on November 16, 2020 2:12PM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    anadandy wrote: »

Does it also happen to you if you are in the house and they use Travel to Player (instead of Primary Home)? I thought that was still working, but I might be mistaken.

I think they tried it both ways, but honestly can't say for sure we were trying so many permutations.. Will try that next time we're on.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I am in my villa, guild members can also not use Travel to Player. That doesn't work either.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the information, everyone. Just wanted to confirm we are aware of this issue and are currently testing a fix for it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information, everyone. Just wanted to confirm we are aware of this issue and are currently testing a fix for it.

Since things like that happen repeatingly, and i had to check and port through all my houses to check access settings again...
    Please take a look here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/552379/visitor-rights-in-houses#latest

And pls finally just give us this, bcs borked access rights will happen over and over and over again. pls dont let us port through all our houses over and over and over again....

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on November 16, 2020 6:58PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭

Thank You Gina

Travel to Player works fine and as long as we remain in game. Just got to reset permissions every day :)
    XBOX EU / NA: Magplar x4 Magsorc x3 StamDK x2 Stamsorc x1 Magsorc x1 Warden x1 Necro x1 Stamblade x1 Magblade x1 MagDK x1
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Updates:
    TEST 1:
    I have visited every house and copied over the same Visitor settings. Now all of my houses have the same settings. This was to test whether the bug was due to The Orbservatory Prior pulling the settings from the wrong house.

Observations: No difference. Even though the house is set to allow all Visitors, Guildies and others are still only able to visit The Orbservatory Prior while I am logged in. As soon as I log out, the house becomes unavailable.

TEST 2:
    I have also tried moving my Primary residence to the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery.

Observations: Guildies and other visitors are able to visit this house whether I am logged in or not.

Conclusion: Something is "wrong" with The Orbservatory Prior.

@ZOS_CullenLee please would you advise any more tests which I could try to help you find the bug?

Since this problem only seems to affect me so far, I don't hold out any hope of it being fixed any time soon, and I may have to create a temporary Guildhall in the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery. However, I would like The Orbservatory Prior to become usable again if possible, because it is a beautiful house.

Is anyone else having permissions issues with The Orbservatory Prior or any other houses?

Thanks Gina! I haven’t played in forever so was making sure you guys were aware of this. It is kind of game breaking for guilds not to be able to travel to our guild halls to use all the crafting tables. Now we are old school lmao.

• Lampmode04
    It also is bugged in Earthtear cavern and Psijic villa so I believe it to be an issue with Notable homes
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
    Lampmode04 wrote: »
    It also is bugged in Earthtear cavern and Psijic villa so I believe it to be an issue with Notable homes

Hi Lampmode04. My primary is Gardner, a classic not a notable home so it appears to happen to all housing types. Might be to do with the number of homes too, but again, just a possibility :)
    XBOX EU / NA: Magplar x4 Magsorc x3 StamDK x2 Stamsorc x1 Magsorc x1 Warden x1 Necro x1 Stamblade x1 Magblade x1 MagDK x1
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for us on PS4NA
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So noice to have done all those writs while spending crowns and gold as a guild, so members can’t even enjoy it. All sets and mundus just sitting there wasted.

Working on Fix feels rather a weak reply.

It would be nice to know with all the major issues what the heck happened with the new DLC. And why our feedback was ignored on the PTS.

This is certainly a caveat to the devs to focus on the game at hand, rather than churning out more content.
  • GhostOfAnEra
    GhostOfAnEra
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with my primary, Proudspire Manor. Friends and guild members can't visit it, despite having permission. However, I'm able to visit houses of other friends. Also, a friend also owns Proudspire Manor, and I was able to visit it. The difference is that those who can visit have decorating permissions, whereas mine only had visitor permissions.
  • Frilleon
    Frilleon
    ✭✭✭
    This is also occurring to me & the ticket I sent netted a reply of reinstall your game, not an appropriate troubleshooting measure for the problem presented.
    It is very disappointing to go to the expense & trouble we do to fully stock a guild crafting hall & now no one can access it. This should be high priority for a fix.
  • FyreWynd
    FyreWynd
    Soul Shriven
    XBOX EU here.
    I have been experiencing the Access settings randomly change even while I am in the menu in the Elinhir Arena/Craglorn. This has been happening for months. This is a guild hall and has minimal furnishings about 447/700 and I do have membership that renews automatically.

I and others in forums have reported this through the game and in various ways without any feedback. I had tried for months to reset or find a work around for this issue. The issue seems to happen more often around the times of backups and patches. But this most recent DLC The Reach has made the home virtually unusable.

Last year the first item I noticed not functioning properly was the lever to activate the lightening trap within the arena. The lightening still activates but the lever most often doesn't move forward like the other two.

I even took the additional step of moving all target dummies to a separate home so that the lag would not affect the players DPS output.

I have even found reddit and Youtube posts & vids documenting the access changing randomly without the house owners assistance. One claiming it started with the Morrowind expansion.

Granted, the access is now totally uncontrollable, this issue is NOT new by any means! I am not sorry to say it is past due for this issue to be resolved.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will Monday's bugfix update also contain a bugfix for this housing issue?
  • Heru_Elrin
    Heru_Elrin
    ✭✭
    It is over a week for me not being able to visit friends homes. A week not being able to go to the guild house of my choice and craft what whatever set I may need or work on crafting writs. I’ve been playing ESO since shortly after it came out. I’ve been a contributor to ESO plus for several years and I feel like what they offer us is pretty slim. On top of that, all the issues we had to endure with haters, games malfunctions (the gambit runs the gauntlet here) and poor excuses for why this or that is happening. Don’t get me started on customer support. If I wasn’t so addicted to Elder Scrolls so much, I’d move on from the game. I do find enjoyment in playing from time to time, and my homes and my friends homes help to add to that experience. And for someone who was always a single player gamer the fact that I came to this multiplayer only to scratch my head with more questions about why is making me ask the same over again, time and time again. I do hope that perhaps it’s time to straighten out all the bugs, make a smoother running game or I’ll have to resort to pouring my money in games that fill my needs requirement for gaming.
    Cana i cala ture nanye oponye munta ulca taruva.
  • FastBandiet
    FastBandiet
    ✭✭✭
    It got even worse for me, I have to stay in my house for people to be able to enter. And I'm in a contest atm so yesterday I had to stay the entire evening in my house changing my permission so people could enter. All my houses are bugged, especially The Gorinir Estate. Hope they will fix it soon/today
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at today's patch notes for the PS4, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553805/playstation-4-patch-notes-v2-11#latest, it seems this still hasn't been fixed. Will test it when the server is back online of course.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To fix this big issue, in one of the guilds I'm part off (the 1st one I ever joined) the GM moved all the guild hq's content to another home - from Psijic Villa to the Moon-Sugar Meadow: all crafting tables from all the craftable sets, all mundus stones, all the decor...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Sporkmaster
    Sporkmaster
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get an update or ETA for a fix? The time, money, and effort of so many people is feeling completely wasted at the moment.
    You people think that every time you see a naked Nord barbarian, he's been tricked by some witch.
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    It's still broken :(
  • InkaAgatha
    InkaAgatha
    Soul Shriven
    My new contest house (Bouldertree Refuge) is also bugged. Need to stay in the house if I want that other players can visit. I really hope that we get some fix for this and soon.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    To fix this big issue, in one of the guilds I'm part off (the 1st one I ever joined) the GM moved all the guild hq's content to another home - from Psijic Villa to the Moon-Sugar Meadow: all crafting tables from all the craftable sets, all mundus stones, all the decor...

Wow, that is an awful lot of work. And you also need to have another home that is large enough for everything (and isn't also bugged). Not everyone has that.
  • FastBandiet
    FastBandiet
    ✭✭✭
    InkaAgatha wrote: »
    My new contest house (Bouldertree Refuge) is also bugged. Need to stay in the house if I want that other players can visit. I really hope that we get some fix for this and soon.

Yea we are in a double lockdown :neutral:
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Guildies are no longer able to visit our Guildhall - The Orbservatory Prior, designated as @baratron's primary residence.

This was reported to me yesterday, when the settings were:
    Default Visitor Access - Visitor
    GJHFf.png

UESP Guild - Visitor
    GJHId.png

and also a group of people individually given Decorator permissions.
    The Banlist and Guild Banlist are both blank.

There is no way to "Reset Permissions" for a house, so I simply removed all Guild and Individual permissions, flipped the Default Visitor Access to "No Access", then flipped it back to "Limited Visitor". At this point, people were able to enter the house again.

I decided that what I actually wanted to do was to set the Default Visitor Access to Limited Visitor while having the UESP Guild access as Visitor, thus allowing guildies to interact with lights and noise-making items. So I did this, as well as restoring the list of Individual Permissions for Decorators. As you can see from the screenshots, I have 11/200 Individual Permissions and 1/20 Guild Permissions, which is nowhere near the limit.
    GJHSV.png
    GJHVD.png

The Guildhall proceeded to work from 01:50 GMT while I was logged in. I logged out around 09:00 GMT and do not know what time it broke.

Today at 16:59 it was reported to me that "It seems the guild hall's broken again. Can't visit."

I went to the house at 19:06 to adjust the permissions, but simply flipping the Default Visitor Access to "No Access", then back to "Limited Visitor" was not enough to allow Guild members to visit. I had to remove the Guild Permission for UESP. At this point, ordinary Guildies could enter. However, people on the Decorator list still could not. I had to set them to Visitor and then to Decorator before they could enter.

I cannot be in ESO 24/7 to ensure access to my house. There should be nothing "special" about this home - I have not used any housing addons to provide special effects or anything like that. I don't understand why the permissions that I see on my screen are not applying to the house.

#MeToo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATOAVlJYIkc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf_mDeFk4Qo
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's still broken on PS4 NA. I was immediately returned to Vvardenfell after trying to travel to the guild hall.