The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Guildies "do not have permission to visit this home"

baratron
baratron
✭✭✭✭✭
Guildies are no longer able to visit our Guildhall - The Orbservatory Prior, designated as @baratron's primary residence.

This was reported to me yesterday, when the settings were:
Default Visitor Access - Visitor
GJHFf.png

UESP Guild - Visitor
GJHId.png

and also a group of people individually given Decorator permissions.
The Banlist and Guild Banlist are both blank.

There is no way to "Reset Permissions" for a house, so I simply removed all Guild and Individual permissions, flipped the Default Visitor Access to "No Access", then flipped it back to "Limited Visitor". At this point, people were able to enter the house again.

I decided that what I actually wanted to do was to set the Default Visitor Access to Limited Visitor while having the UESP Guild access as Visitor, thus allowing guildies to interact with lights and noise-making items. So I did this, as well as restoring the list of Individual Permissions for Decorators. As you can see from the screenshots, I have 11/200 Individual Permissions and 1/20 Guild Permissions, which is nowhere near the limit.
GJHSV.png
GJHVD.png

The Guildhall proceeded to work from 01:50 GMT while I was logged in. I logged out around 09:00 GMT and do not know what time it broke.

Today at 16:59 it was reported to me that "It seems the guild hall's broken again. Can't visit."

I went to the house at 19:06 to adjust the permissions, but simply flipping the Default Visitor Access to "No Access", then back to "Limited Visitor" was not enough to allow Guild members to visit. I had to remove the Guild Permission for UESP. At this point, ordinary Guildies could enter. However, people on the Decorator list still could not. I had to set them to Visitor and then to Decorator before they could enter.

I cannot be in ESO 24/7 to ensure access to my house. There should be nothing "special" about this home - I have not used any housing addons to provide special effects or anything like that. I don't understand why the permissions that I see on my screen are not applying to the house.
Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S. I have no idea why this has allegedly posted in PlayStation®4 – EU Bug Reports. I'm on the PC/Mac server - NA, and I can't even see a way to choose the server - it just says Forums - Bug Reports.

This is with the Markarth patch active, ESO Plus, and all Chapters purchased.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Under normal circumstances, attempting travel to a house which I do not have permission to visit immediately gives me the message "You don't have permission to visit this house" in the corner of my screen and nothing else happens. When I attempt to visit @baratron 's primary residence, I first get the loading screen for the house and then moments later I am kicked back to a loading screen for whatever zone I was in previously.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updates:
    TEST 1:
    I have visited every house and copied over the same Visitor settings. Now all of my houses have the same settings. This was to test whether the bug was due to The Orbservatory Prior pulling the settings from the wrong house.

Observations: No difference. Even though the house is set to allow all Visitors, Guildies and others are still only able to visit The Orbservatory Prior while I am logged in. As soon as I log out, the house becomes unavailable.

TEST 2:
    I have also tried moving my Primary residence to the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery.

Observations: Guildies and other visitors are able to visit this house whether I am logged in or not.

Conclusion: Something is "wrong" with The Orbservatory Prior.

@ZOS_CullenLee please would you advise any more tests which I could try to help you find the bug?

Since this problem only seems to affect me so far, I don't hold out any hope of it being fixed any time soon, and I may have to create a temporary Guildhall in the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery. However, I would like The Orbservatory Prior to become usable again if possible, because it is a beautiful house.

Is anyone else having permissions issues with The Orbservatory Prior or any other houses?

NA-only characters:
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is somewhat related, but I am having issues with my own Primary Residence. The bug may also extend to the others (haven't had the time/chance to check), but despite having well under the limit for permissions, the permissions for my Primary Residence (Princely Dawnlight Palace) have reset back to defaults with access set to 'No Access' when it should be set to 'Limited Visitor.' I keep setting it back to 'Limited Visitor,' but every time I log out, the house reverts to 'No Access.'

Currently, if I want people to be able to visit, I need to manually set my house back to 'Limited Visitor' every time I log on. It's a little unfortunate since I prefer the access to be kept open so people can use my transmute station or target dummy setup.

Edit:
    Just adding that I run no addons at all related to housing.
    Edited by Mauin on November 4, 2020 3:26PM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauin wrote: »
    This is somewhat related, but I am having issues with my own Primary Residence. The bug may also extend to the others (haven't had the time/chance to check), but despite having well under the limit for permissions, the permissions for my Primary Residence (Princely Dawnlight Palace) have reset back to defaults with access set to 'No Access' when it should be set to 'Limited Visitor.' I keep setting it back to 'Limited Visitor,' but every time I log out, the house reverts to 'No Access.'

Whereas in my case, the permissions appear to be correct on the screen - yet people still can't enter. This makes me think that there must be two different, but related, bugs relating to housing permissions.

For now, I have moved all of the crafting stations, Mundus stones, and target dummies over to the Antiquarian Alpine Gallery - since I am NOT going to spend any more Crowns on houses until I can be certain that my friends and guildies can visit them!

NA-only characters:
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, so I just went through all 36 of my houses. Initially, some of them still had the original permissions, but as I was going through and copying those to the other houses, ALL of them wound up reset to 'No Access'. Including the ones that had the correct permissions when I was last in them. Even my primary (again).

Something isn't working right with housing permissions right now.

Edit:
    And going through the houses again is making the permissions revert back to the original that got wiped when they were set to 'No Access.' I don't even know what's going on anymore. Is it a display error only? I don't know.

Edit 2:
    Tested further. It is a visual bug on my end, so it's a separate bug from what baratron is encountering.
    This is what I keep seeing vs what I should be seeing.
    Edited by Mauin on November 5, 2020 4:43AM
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You aren't alone OP, this bug is happening to other players.
  • TrelNord
    TrelNord
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening on my main house too (but only on my main house - not on others).

I am absolutely positive that my permissions are correct and that they have not changed since before update 28. Metaphysical certitude.

There was a theory floating in other threads that maybe the house had exceeded item limits when ESO+ expired and that the limits were not reset when ESO+ was restored.

In any case - my multiple tests and attempts to get help from ZOS have been met with, "Please disable your add-ons" which is about as frustrating a response as one can get (unless my add-ons can now magically affect 400+ guildies who are suddenly unable to visit my house post-update 28).
  • sioniann
    sioniann
    My guildies and I are also experiencing this bug when trying to travel to our Guild Hall (the guild leader's primary residence). We had been able to do this without issue up until the Markarth patch but now it is putting us in a loading screen for the home for a few moments before spitting us back into the zone we'd been in previously. It's pretty frustrating considering the Guild Hall has all of the crafting stations/Mundus stones/target dummies that we want to use!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sioniann wrote: »
    My guildies and I are also experiencing this bug when trying to travel to our Guild Hall (the guild leader's primary residence). We had been able to do this without issue up until the Markarth patch but now it is putting us in a loading screen for the home for a few moments before spitting us back into the zone we'd been in previously. It's pretty frustrating considering the Guild Hall has all of the crafting stations/Mundus stones/target dummies that we want to use!

This is happening in my private homes as well. People on my visitor lists who have never had an issue getting to my homes before are now getting the loading screen for the house, then booted back to their original their original location. One of the houses in question - Snugpod - has never been at item limit. It's basically a free "wayshrine" and has always had minimal furnishing below the limited even without eso +.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrelNord wrote: »
    This is happening on my main house too (but only on my main house - not on others).

I am absolutely positive that my permissions are correct and that they have not changed since before update 28. Metaphysical certitude.

There was a theory floating in other threads that maybe the house had exceeded item limits when ESO+ expired and that the limits were not reset when ESO+ was restored.

That's definitely not my situation - my ESO Plus has never expired. It's set to auto-renew.

So weird and frustrating.

I could disable my addons, but I'm not sure how they would be affecting other guildies getting to my house when I'm not even logged on.

NA-only characters:
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is also happening on my primary home, the Psijic Villa, that is used by several guilds as their crafting house as it is fully stocked. I am on PS4 (EU).

I have also tried several settings, like removing all guild permissions and re-adding them. Changed my primary house to another and than back again. Tried various permission settings. Even gave a couple of people individual permissions. But it doesn't help. They are not able to get it. (Though once in a while someone is able to get in only but later on when they try again they can't).

The house starts to load and then they get a message saying they don't have permission to access the house and are transported back to a zone.
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
    Mauin wrote: »

Same issue on Xbox, primary housing is affected despite resetting permissions and then copying them to all houses. It works for a while then friends get "You do not have permission to visit this house.

BTW, this is Xbox EU & NA
    Edited by AaronGuilder on November 11, 2020 11:17PM
    XBOX EU / NA: Magplar x4 Magsorc x3 StamDK x2 Stamsorc x1 Magsorc x1 Warden x1 Necro x1 Stamblade x1 Magblade x1 MagDK x1
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    The house starts to load and then they get a message saying they don't have permission to access the house and are transported back to a zone.

Today, despite being able to go to the house yesterday, I cannot go to our guild house .. and I get the above :(

https://youtu.be/N8t_E5Wg8P4
    Edited by AaronGuilder on November 12, 2020 4:12PM
    XBOX EU / NA: Magplar x4 Magsorc x3 StamDK x2 Stamsorc x1 Magsorc x1 Warden x1 Necro x1 Stamblade x1 Magblade x1 MagDK x1
  • JoHegl
    JoHegl
    ✭✭✭
    We had this problem during a house tour we did with my guild on PC/EU on Saturday. One of us had to delete and redo all permissions for his house before we could enter. Would be great, if this could be looked into as it really is blocking important aspects of guild life for our guild!

I have also heard from people in another guild on PC/EU that I am in. They sometimes need to redo all permissions for several times day. And it does not apply equally to all houses.

Would be awesome if someone could acknowledge this bug and probably look into it, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_KaiSchober .

This is becoming a blocker to housing as it seems...
    Edited by JoHegl on November 12, 2020 5:06PM
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Also having this issue on Xbox NA
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Video of the issue/a related issue happening. Not sure if it's the exact thing or not but maybe a good place for investigation to start?
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
  • FruitBatVampire
    I fixed this issue with my primary residence by setting the permission to no access, leaving my house (through the door), reentering and setting it back to visitors, and then leaving and reentering again. Hopefully it works for others.
    Changing the permission in the screen and then changing it again doesn't seem to "hard change" it, so leaving and going back in after each change, to renew the instance and force the permissions change, seemed to work for me.
    Edit: Seems like this isn't a permanent fix and it bugs out again after a while :(
    Edited by FruitBatVampire on November 16, 2020 7:22AM
    MY SHIEELLDDD!!!!!! How dare you fools make me drop it!!
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fixed this issue with my primary residence by setting the permission to no access, leaving my house (through the door), reentering and setting it back to visitors, and then leaving and reentering again. Hopefully it works for others.
    Changing the permission in the screen and then changing it again doesn't seem to "hard change" it, so leaving and going back in after each change, to renew the instance and force the permissions change, seemed to work for me.

Tested this and this works. Note, you have to do this for each house.

Zos, now that the community has once again found the solution, can you please fix it?
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭

It didn't work for me. I removed all permissions on the Grand Psijic Villa also set the generic permission to No Access. Exited the villa. Went back it and added all guild permissions again and set the generic permission to Limited Visitor and exited again. But according to a friend, he was sent back to the zone he was in when trying to enter the villa.
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, didn't work for me either. I have Gardner as my Primary, I even set another house as Primary, removed all permissions and confirmed for all houses left and, re-entered, then made Gardner my Primary again, added just 1 Visitor and 1 guild with Decorator privileges and still no joy :(
    BTW, I have 40 houses
    Edited by AaronGuilder on November 15, 2020 11:20AM
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I had to do was set global access of my house to "no access", leave and re-enter. Then change it back to either "visitor" or "limited visitor" and leave and re-enter. No other changes were needed. In other words, followed @FruitBatVampire instructions exactly.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy *** this totally worked!! I've been having someone afk all night as a fix which is just awful.
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
    Update:
    I did this exactly and while I was online, guildies can travel to my primary house, but when I go offline, they still cannot.
    Sorry FruitBatVampire
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy *** this totally worked!! I've been having someone afk all night as a fix which is just awful.

Nevermind it rebugs after a certain amount of time lol
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    I did this exactly and while I was online, guildies can travel to my primary house, but when I go offline, they still cannot.
    Sorry FruitBatVampire

Yes this is what I found
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't gotten any response to the bug report tickets that I submitted in game about this. Is that normal?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten any response to the bug report tickets that I submitted in game about this. Is that normal?

Reports submitted via /bug get no response. They should tell you that on the confirmation page.

If you would like a response, use /help instead. (Ask for Help, if you are using gamepad mode.)

But be prepared for an automatic reply to which you will have to reply in order to get a person to read your ticket, and then be prepared for that person to tell you to submit a /bug report and wait.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC Patch Notes for today's update don't mention any fix for this at all (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553007/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-2-6#latest). As they are also updating consoles unexpectedly, I was hoping this would be fixed. Tiny bit of hope they forgot to add it to the patch nodes. We'll see after the update.