The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is up with the banner flicker on the forums?!?!

Raideen
Raideen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As title states. What is up with the banner flickering and slowly scrolling. Are others having this issue (I saw one person mention it)?
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have it and it makes reading the forum almost impossible.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been browser specific for me. Chrome on Android does this in completely breaking ways. Brave on Android is fine, odd since it is Chromium based. Both Chrome and Edge on PC have been fine for me.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same for me on Windows with chrome.
    EU PC
  • Maltheru
    Maltheru
    ✭✭
    Does the same thing on Edge too (not that I use Edge very often)
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    As title states. What is up with the banner flickering and slowly scrolling. Are others having this issue (I saw one person mention it)?

I had that and have a work around that worked for me on the basic windows browser. If you click the three dots panel on the top right of your screen below the "x" to close the page you should get a menu with some options. My zoom was set to 115% for some reason. I changed it back to 100% and it solved the issue.

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't do it for me on Win 10 with Pale Moon browser (a firefox fork).
  • Bootstomp
    Bootstomp
    ✭✭✭
    Win 10 / Chrome here. It makes scrolling w/ my mouse wheel impossible. I can use the scroll bar though.
  • DJ_Virtual
    DJ_Virtual
    ✭✭✭
    There was a popup in my Chrome browser that said Flash Player was going to be discontinued (or something like that) and asked if I wanted to disable it. When I disabled it, that's when the flicker started. I went ahead and fully uninstalled Flash player and the flickering stopped.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me too on Chrome/Windows 10. I changed the zoom from 100% to 125% and it went away. But if I change the zoom back down it comes back. Also if I bump it up to 175% it also comes back (but is OK at 150%). Very weird. Firefox & Opera working fine.
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭
    Also Happening here, running Win10 using Edge browser, as others have stated Annoying as Hell!! Makes the forum a real pain to use. Not encountered this on any other sites visited so obviously ESO specific, please can this be investigated ?@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happened to me using IE and Edge on both my work and home computer, but not when I'm using Firefox on my home computer.

Fortunately Firefox is the one I use most, because the flicker is really annoying.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted this in another thread, there is something seriously wrong with the nav bar:
    There is a huge lag loading the navigation bar which is loaded from a different domain nav.elderscrollsonline.com and that domain has been as slow as molasses for the last few weeks.
    dry.gif

post-2-1602206515.png
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Win 10 Chrome.

Very annoying.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The flicker is still going strong.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Windows 10 Chrome, it's very annoying. Had to use an ad-blocker to get rid of that element of the page.
    Edited by Hurbster on October 11, 2020 11:02PM
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup it's super messed up on chrome on android. Fills the whole screen with static and stuff anytime it has to load anything.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by BRogueNZ on October 12, 2020 2:40AM
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue - was wondering if it was only for me. Seems not. Thanks guys.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming we're looking into this. As others have mentioned, if you are zoomed in or out try setting it to 100% and seeing if that resolves the issue.
    Staff Post
  • SirDuckman
    SirDuckman
    ✭✭✭
    Using the latest Edge build and not having an issue. But it looks like they changed the script so the fancy dancy arrow moves the category with your mouse instead of just clicking on the category.
  • jimijac0me
    jimijac0me
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming we're looking into this. As others have mentioned, if you are zoomed in or out try setting it to 100% and seeing if that resolves the issue.

It does it for me at 100% but changing zoom to 90% stopped it for me
    Guild Leader Rats of Tobruk (RoT) DC PVP Guild
    Jacome Enakis (DC NB)
    Jacome Dibella (DC Sorc)
    Tealc Enakis (DC DK)
    Jacome Lightbringer (DC Templar)
    Jacome Gro-Longenfirm (DC Sorc)
    Baron Humbert Von Gikken (DC Warden)
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's how subliminal messages are delivered, kudos to you for seeing through their ruse!
    Disclaimer: The preceding statement is a poor attempt at satire humor.
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    Chrome on Windows, 100% zoom scale, nauseasting flicker.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jimijac0me wrote: »

It does it for me at 100% but changing zoom to 90% stopped it for me

80% zoom ''fixed'' it for me but it's too zoomed out for me to read comfortably lol
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80% zoom ''fixed'' it for me but it's too zoomed out for me to read comfortably lol

This also seemed to work as well at 125%. I don't like either of those values, but it's either that or flickering I guess.

Post copied from a thread I made earlier because I didn't see this one at the time.
    I have a 27'' 2560x1440p screen being driven by a GTX 1660 SUPER with Free-sync compatibility enabled, while using the Chrome browser. The top bar spazzes out when the window is maximized and only on my desktop and not the laptop. This prevents proper scrolling and has been ongoing for about a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cVfrgdkoTo&ab_channel=Vaxtin
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on October 13, 2020 8:48PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

100% is the problem. 125% works good.
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted about this in PC Technical support forum. I put a video in just in case any of your support people need to see it. I'm not sure if cross-linking is allowed but this is the post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/548815/flickering-forums#latest
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the flickering as in the video, but the top bar with titles like Dev Tracker etc does open and close repeatedly when scrolling and that is certainly a distraction. I'd prefer it to be fixed open. Chrome with Windows 10, and also Chrome with Windows 7. It doesn't happen on my phone as I don't get the top bar - a nuisance in itself as it means I can't access Dev Tracker on my phone.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This started today for me. The banner flickers on my laptop (chrome).

On my android phone, the forum is completely covered by "noise" -- the screen is covered with grey and black dots.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly it's only at 125% zoom I get the flicker. It also slowly scrolls the text upwards by itself.
    Edit: I'm glad I don't have epilepsy. D=
    Edited by Idinuse on October 14, 2020 1:00AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?