The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is up with the banner flicker on the forums?!?!

• Runaerian
    Runaerian
    ✭✭✭
    yup
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 weeks later, still doing it. Maybe the lag from Cyrodiil has escaped and is taking over this site
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny I don't get it in the forums but I do get it on the Account page
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's still flickering for me. Anyone else still having issues?

Mine is still flickering.
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    It's still flickering for me. Anyone else still having issues?

yes, terrible annoying
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than ennoying. I can not read content. To be able to read i have to leave the forums, read the first post in a thread, then to see the following i have to redo this procedure each time. I can not see anymore pictures of housing, video, i can not click on any links anymore, and i can not even click on my account page and the store page.

I did put my zoom at 125% but that does absolutely nothing. Even changing my resolution do nothing. I am unable to read the event post on the website so i dont even know if there is something intereting i would enjoy.

Honestly i do not understand the time needed to correct this. Forum and website are both important for the gaming. And it seems you do not care at all. Your old answer is more a way to push me away meaning : do not bother us you have the game .... at least this is my feeling.

And to be able to post this i have to use my keyboards arrow so i can correct words, i can even not mousehover my text.
    Edited by Lauranae on October 23, 2020 10:29PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just started for me today, using Chrome on my Chromebook. Barely usable. Before today I did not have any issue.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just updated Google Chrome on Windows 10. Flickering stopped.

I'm not sure whether it stopped because ZOS fixed their site (e.g. HTML, JavaScript, or CSS code) or Chrome fixed it. My guess is the former.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

I'm not sure whether it stopped because ZOS fixed their site (e.g. HTML, JavaScript, or CSS code) or Chrome fixed it. My guess is the former.

I'm on the most recent Chrome build, it's still flickering at 100% zoom.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having the issue at all (still.... Pale Moon latest version, fork of Firefox). But.... guys.... what if it's something in a windows update?

I am not using the latest-not-greatest win 10 update.... The only updates I allow to windows are security.... I'm still on win 10 1509 (or whatever the number is - I really don't know for sure....)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I'm not having the issue at all (still.... Pale Moon latest version, fork of Firefox). But.... guys.... what if it's something in a windows update?

I am not using the latest-not-greatest win 10 update.... The only updates I allow to windows are security.... I'm still on win 10 1509 (or whatever the number is - I really don't know for sure....)

If it was windows would we not be seeing this on many sites? This is the only website I see the flickering on.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

If it was windows would we not be seeing this on many sites? This is the only website I see the flickering on.

Well, not necessarily. This forum runs on Vanilla, and is the only one I use that is doing so. And Vanilla is notorious for not being a really solid forum backend....
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... maybe this is why my Raspberry PI and my Android devices have trouble with with this forum site. Those devices show this forms site as a jigsaw puzzle of flashing blocks.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, not necessarily. This forum runs on Vanilla, and is the only one I use that is doing so. And Vanilla is notorious for not being a really solid forum backend....

IF the issue was windows as you suggest, the flicker would not happen on android.

This is NOT an issue with windows.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been 2 weeks. Issue is still there. Any update ?
  • Runaerian
    Runaerian
    ✭✭✭
    To take this long to fix an issue with the website does not do much to reassure me they know what they're doing with far more complex things like the game.

Seriously, are we now adding the website to the list of things that ZOS seem unable to fix?
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runaerian wrote: »
    To take this long to fix an issue with the website does not do much to reassure me they know what they're doing with far more complex things like the game.

Seriously, are we now adding the website to the list of things that ZOS seem unable to fix?

It is worrisome, and as you pointed out not very reassuring.

When I was in design school I elected to take a web design class. The student next to me had an issue not to dissimilar to the one on these forums. The professor rectified it with one line of code. It took under a minute.

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello the forum is completely broken for me.

Halfway through a topic the posts just disappear and I only see the grey background.

The cursor does not match up with the link
    s. I click on something and it takes me to a completely different link that was somewhere else on the page. It is totally broken.

Trying to type this out and hit save comment was a truly miserable game of trial and error of where to point the cursor and click.

This is what forum looks like halfway down a topic page.
    XbXf6HA.jpg
    Edited by Red_Feather on October 26, 2020 6:42PM
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    taugrim wrote: »

I'm on the most recent Chrome build, it's still flickering at 100% zoom.

Yea I'm getting the flickering still / again.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • AliasRed
    AliasRed
    ✭✭✭
    The Flickering Website is still Flicking Flickered!!! Annoying to say the least :(
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just started seeing this issue yesterday after going to multimonitor setup. In my case, I have a 144hz 4k monitor in middle (with the browser open on it) and 2x 1900x1200 60hz on the sides. Wondering if it could be related to mismatch refresh rate or resolutions on the multimonitor causing some issue with the browser.

Is anyone having this issue running one display only?
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to fix this annoying flickering? i cant use the forums.
  • SleepyMuggs
    So I get this on my LAPTOP screen only; I drag it to my second monitor and it's gone. But all my refresh rates, etc., all same on all three screens here, so not sure what that means (I'm tech-stoopid, sorry!)
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still having the issue... uggg
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • sammeh1991
    sammeh1991
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's a pain!!
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    still bugged, good work, support team xD
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming we're looking into this. As others have mentioned, if you are zoomed in or out try setting it to 100% and seeing if that resolves the issue.

This solved the issue for me, but now I have to read the tiny print... Please fix it for zoom?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Hey all, just confirming we're looking into this. As others have mentioned, if you are zoomed in or out try setting it to 100% and seeing if that resolves the issue.

This solved the issue for me, but now I have to read the tiny print... Please fix it for zoom?

I just checked, at 100% and 110% I still get the flicker. At 125% it goes away.

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is the opposite, no flicker at 100% and 110%, flickers at 125%
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »

Mine is the opposite, no flicker at 100% and 110%, flickers at 125%

That is just odd.