The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dear ZOS, PLEASE give Templar back major mending. Here is why you should.

• Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Imagine a Templar complaining about to low heals...BoL is still a strong instaheal (strongest in the game). Not to mention being able to purge any DoT with a heal over time (strongest in the game) a ridiculous armor buff with Focus (strongest in the game) and Magplars can even spam Jabs that heal them (Most advantages in the game on one skill).

Templar is by far the most powerful healing class in PvE and PvP, it can stand in absolutely overwhelming numbers and doesn't even care, they are like Necros only with better heals.

Im afraid that bol isnt the strongest burst heal in the game. matriarch from magsorc is
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jman100582 wrote: »
    Imagine a Templar complaining about to low heals...BoL is still a strong instaheal (strongest in the game). Not to mention being able to purge any DoT with a heal over time (strongest in the game) a ridiculous armor buff with Focus (strongest in the game) and Magplars can even spam Jabs that heal them (Most advantages in the game on one skill).

Templar is by far the most powerful healing class in PvE and PvP, it can stand in absolutely overwhelming numbers and doesn't even care, they are like Necros only with better heals.

Im afraid that bol isnt the strongest burst heal in the game. Healthy offering from magblade is
    Fixed that for you.

• Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im afraid that bol isnt the strongest burst heal in the game. Healthy offering from
    magblade
    is but with a stacking self-dot drawback and must be used carefully.

It do be like that for stonky nightblade healies.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Im afraid that bol isnt the strongest burst heal in the game. matriarch from magsorc is

Depending on scaling hircines fortitude is way higher than either of those.
    Arctic blast can be up there too.
    Also coag now heals for more than bol on low hp.
    Honestly breath might not even make it to the top 5 at this point.
    Love it when ppl think like we are in 2016.
    We are not. Also purge costs more than breath, and in the current meta 5 dot removal doesn't even scratch the surface in bgs or when fighting multiple ppl in general.
    If anything cloak is much better Beacuse it deals with all dots.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are hardly even Templar’s anymore if you compare what they are now and what they were in 2014/2015.

I’d take 2015 Templar over the current one and that’s saying a lot since barely anyone played them.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Depending on scaling hircines fortitude is way higher than either of those.
    Arctic blast can be up there too.
    Also coag now heals for more than bol on low hp.
    Honestly breath might not even make it to the top 5 at this point.
    Love it when ppl think like we are in 2016.
    We are not. Also purge costs more than breath, and in the current meta 5 dot removal doesn't even scratch the surface in bgs or when fighting multiple ppl in general.
    If anything cloak is much better Beacuse it deals with all dots.

I mean matriarch just has so much utility. Its a group aoe heal, higher tooltip then bol, gives line of sight, and gives health when slotted from sorc passive. A heal being strong doesnt just mean the raw heal itself, it also refers to the utility of the heal. Either way, templar healing for both mag and stam is abysmal
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im afraid that bol isnt the strongest burst heal in the game. Healthy offering from
    magblade
    is but with a stacking self-dot drawback and must be used carefully.

True. But at least Night Blades have the option to go invisible to defend themselves - or combine healthy offering with Dark Cloak to counter the drawbacks.

Templar healers are basically just sitting ducks waiting to be destroyed in my experience - at least in NO CP PvP. I honestly don't know how anyone plays them. It's a miserable experience. I'm even skeptical giving them major mending would be sufficient. But it would be a good start.

Trust me, I wish Templars were as good as some of the posters in this thread think they are... invincible healers who can wade through armies and never die. But in my experience their toolkit just sucks for survivability - which is weird considering I always considered them to be the ESO version of Paladins. But they have been nerfed into wimpy priests who just melt when focused and have mediocre heals.

Edited by Jeremy on September 20, 2020 9:36PM
  • Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar Healer in AvA pvp is dying, and here's why. I will compare them to the two other best suited classes for healing below.

Magplar healers rely on a lot of their healing ability from base healing stats. They don't specialize in crit healing like Necromancer, and they don't have access to major mending like Warden healers.

They do not have built in tankiness like both Necromancer and Warden. The minor protection we had access to was taken away. Sure we got an armor rating increase, but with the way pen and crit go at this point that's meaningless.

So now, magplar healers are forced into stacking on as much damage mitigation as possible while trying to also supply sufficient healing in PvP situations. And it's boring. It is almost impossible at this point to use any sort of support set when most are useless at this point due to the amount of damage output and healing reduction that has been introduced patch over patch. I am currently testing out just using scraps of different sets just for healing done bonuses to multiply buffs received so I can get some kind of push to my healing along with a back bar based on pure damage mitigation. And guess what, it's actually working. **I'm getting more utility with my magplar healer now using one 5 piece set, 2 pieces of one set, 3 pieces of another set, and a monster set than you know, the standard 5,5, 2.**

Instead of reactive direct healing, Magplar has become more active supplemental healing. You have to constantly keep all healing abilities available to you up and active because there is no heal skill that makes you feel like you're making a difference anymore. My ultimate is only hitting people for 4/5k tick each when vd can now hit someone for 14k. BoL also only hits for 4/5k on average. Crit heals do go through at times, but if I wanted to depend on crit healing I would just play my necro healer. No access to major mending to boost like Warden. See what I'm getting at?

I don't want to feel invincible, but there has to be some way to make Templar shine again. Also, lol to anyone thinking the 3 seconds of major mending from the resto staff line means anything. It requires you to complete a fully charged resto staff heavy attack. With the amount of delay/cc going on in cyro the chance of that actually buffing your healing is slim to none.
    Edited by Slowbromance on September 21, 2020 3:02AM
    -Shadow hide you
  • Kurokitsune21
    Kurokitsune21
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for bringing this up. I have been away from ESO for a few months now and coming back to my templar was a huge shock. They have nerfed monster helms, 5 piece sets, templar skills, templar buffs, they added 10% decrease in healing in cyrodill and made it almost impossible for templars to get major mending.

As a 100% healer build I feel extremely screwed over and it is extremely discouraging coming back. I love being a templar healer, but the changes have only been to benefit DPS builds and pure healers are no longer viable. If you have 3 rolls, you should be able to be that roll instead of a mix between 2 (dps/heals).

Please stop beefing up dps while completely nerfing healing. Please give major mending.

Sincerely,
    A dedicated PVP healer