The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dear ZOS, PLEASE give Templar back major mending. Here is why you should.

• angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    That 10% mitigation doesnt mean *** when they have the worst healing of all the stam classes. And minor protection is only "built in" if you use dark cloak.
  • KuroyukiESO
    KuroyukiESO
    ✭✭✭
    That 10% mitigation doesnt mean *** when they have the worst healing of all the stam classes. And minor protection is only "built in" if you use dark cloak.

True on dark cloak, but all night blades get that 10%, as well as 15% from shade. The point however was that night blade can survive WITHOUT the healing out mitigation because they have the best kiting tools in the game. Everything else is just icing on the cake
    XboxNA/ PS4 NA/ PC NATemplar and DK all day babyI make YouTube videos: https://youtube.com/kingkurotv
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zahirr wrote: »
    @Kadoin I'd sure like to see this 16k resistance build fighting people. But, even then, I submit that you can make, any, class, tanky. I personally know a guy who loves going out and making tank nightblades, and there's a great clip on one of a... certain Daggerfall Streamer and 10+ dudes trying and failing to kill him on a tank necromancer. Every single class can tank, but I ask... What skills can a DK tank with? There's no purges or % mitigation on a dk.

The power DK has is class access to AoE major defile and damage reduction + powerful self-heals. My DK has over 13k HP/s when all is said and done after heal nerf, so there is that too. While it's true I can eclipse those numbers on NB (and probably reach 20k/s next patch, thanks ZOS for the 10% crit heal :D ), to build for that kind of healing I would take more offensive nerfs on NB than DK and have to manage bar space on the NB.

DK can keep its offense and heal a lot + gain damage reduction this patch, and because of that, DK happens to be the strongest class for a hybrid this patch as well.

Templar, sorc, and warden simply cannot do that with the same efficiency, but templar and warden both have purge mechanics built into the class, and warden can get major and minor protection from in-class skills, so there is that.

Also, you should know that the armor weight and resistance numbers start to matter less and less the more healing and damage reduction you have available in your build. It was true for every patch before now and is even more true this patch...

• Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    this class is already destroying pvp, so, no way!!!
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar just seem weak outside of a group they just need something else to survive maybe another hot
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maxdevil wrote: »
    Magplar just seem weak outside of a group they just need something else to survive maybe another hot

I'd say HP% self-heal instead of having to invest so much in mag and spell damage just to get a 20K-24K heal. It really is ridiculous how you have to invest even more after the heal changes into mag and spell damage to get any decent heals while other classes have heals that aren't determined on stats like that...And to top it off: it's not even guaranteed on you :D

Edit: Forgot to add that Honor the Dead and BoL actually both work slower than other heals as well and have a delay, probably because the game has a check to only work on targets 180 degrees in front of you. I honestly will just slot healing ward over it at this point.
    Edited by Kadoin on July 26, 2020 1:17PM
  • KuroyukiESO
    KuroyukiESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Maxdevil wrote: »

20K-24K heal.

I WISH it was 20-24k, mine just barely tickles 14k at the moment with 40k max and 3k spell damage
    XboxNA/ PS4 NA/ PC NATemplar and DK all day babyI make YouTube videos: https://youtube.com/kingkurotv
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like someone has obviously felt the Healing nerf in PVP, ignores all others that witness the same on ALL classes and just wines about Magplar...WTH Really?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Imagine a Templar complaining about to low heals...BoL is still a strong instaheal (strongest in the game). Not to mention being able to purge any DoT with a heal over time (strongest in the game) a ridiculous armor buff with Focus (strongest in the game) and Magplars can even spam Jabs that heal them (Most advantages in the game on one skill).

Templar is by far the most powerful healing class in PvE and PvP, it can stand in absolutely overwhelming numbers and doesn't even care, they are like Necros only with better heals.

Summon Twilight Matriarch is the strongest heal in the game plus you get 2 full heals in 360-degree circle and not 180 semi-circle in front of you and free damage with LOS issues with it to boot. It’s also 1k cheaper skill cost.

But hey let’s cut the healing on Ritual of Retribution it’s too OP after 5 years :D

Don't forget about the poor stamplar which with the next update it will be the weakest healer in the game.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • Th3Kumb4ya
    Th3Kumb4ya
    Soul Shriven
    Specify you’re talking about stam. Half of your Necro points are complete bs when referring to mag
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

I read and understood your post quiet well. It means I don't agree with what was stated.

You can have your own opinions but not your own facts. That's the reality of your OP and most that we see.

[snip]

Good day.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 28, 2020 6:47PM
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading cyrodiil new AOE testing, I can say RIP Templars, time to leave the game, or just play BGs and IC and we are left out of doulbe AP reward nice.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭

True on dark cloak, but all night blades get that 10%, as well as 15% from shade. The point however was that night blade can survive WITHOUT the healing out mitigation because they have the best kiting tools in the game. Everything else is just icing on the cake

True, IF they can stay mobile, use Hard ccs/snares and immobility-skills on a nb and see how much dmg they can take. And then you compare that to a templar. Please.
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on July 27, 2020 7:19PM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    After reading cyrodiil new AOE testing, I can say RIP Templars, time to leave the game, or just play BGs and IC and we are left out of doulbe AP reward nice.

If the changes happen in Cyro, they will happen everywhere else too. Best just quit the game.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Imagine a Templar complaining about to low heals...BoL is still a strong instaheal (strongest in the game). Not to mention being able to purge any DoT with a heal over time (strongest in the game) a ridiculous armor buff with Focus (strongest in the game) and Magplars can even spam Jabs that heal them (Most advantages in the game on one skill).

Templar is by far the most powerful healing class in PvE and PvP, it can stand in absolutely overwhelming numbers and doesn't even care, they are like Necros only with better heals.

Matriach is a stronger heal and hits more targets.

Necro pruge costs some health that you can instantly heal away and doesnt consume 4k magicka. Or you can get Up to 1050 Stam and Magicka for purging two negative effeckts. That small 1.5k hot every 2 seconds isnt the strongest at all....

Warden Armor buff gives you minor protection wich kinda doubles the effectiveness of the armor buff. Templars armor buff isnt Bad either but i wouldnt call it tHe StRonGeSt.

Necro scythe also heals on spamming and its way more healing then jabs could ever do.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zahirr wrote: »
    So, I'm a bit sick of this topic, and though it's a templar thread, I'd like to say that DK is even worse then Templar. Yeah, sure, we have major mending. On a skill that lasts for 6 seconds, and costs 4,000 magicka. We might as well not have major mending at all. Sure, you can get one or two vigors off with fragmented shield... a minute. It certainly, CERTAINLY, doesn't make up for the fact that our heals are absolutely garbage. Magicka DK has Blood, but that's the worst burst heal in the game. Stamina DK has... Cauterize? It's one of the worst skills in the game, and to top it all off it has a chance of healing other people, instead of you.

I, WOULD, KILL, for half the defense of templar. You guys get the strongest major resolve skill in the game, while I need to spend 3k magicka for mine. You guys get a purge that not only makes DOT's useless, But purges everyone else around you, Heals you, and makes you block more. Oh, and your best spammable in the game that only templars get, Jabs, gives you minor protection.

You don't have any idea how good templars have it, OP. I agree, we should buff up all other classes that aren't stamcro and magsorc, so that those of us who rely on just vigor for heals can actually stay alive. But saying that Templar has no defense, and that Dragonknights have so much healing? That's just not true at all.

Everyone, Go make a DK, and fight a stamplar or magplar, and then come back to me and tell me that Templar's don't have any defense.

I really dont know what you are talking.

stamDK has crazy good healing Power. Major Mendig+ Minor Brutality at will. Ofc you cant get the mending with an 100% uptime but on my DK in 80% of my vigor casts i am able to fire fragmented shield before. Without running anything in mag Recovery besides tripots and tri stat food.

Cauterize can hit for Like 8k on stamDK wich is a lot combined with strong vigor ticks (2.500- 4.000). And Honor of the dead can also hit someone else maybe not as Bad as cauterize but it Happens.

DKs armor buff is also really nice. A aoe dot to pull Nightblades out of stealth and passivle increasing your healing taken by 12%!!! Thats a lot. And its Not even a named buff. It can stack with Minor vitality for example making it 20%. I saw DKs using dragonblood for minor vitality and major endurance cause they didnt used stampots. The healing was crazy. 12%+8%+25%. Its 45% more healing at will. Has to drop cauterize maybe to sustain it.

Templars purge is really expensive and only the synergy also purges your allies when they use it. And the 10% more block reduction is also in DK. Always. Dont have to stand in anything.

The minor protection buff only gets procced on offensive skills. Sure its nice but when you need it the most (while being under pressure and on your Defensive bar) you cant get this buff.
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who read the title and got a little heated and came in here to tell me how wrong I am, please do me the courtesy of reading the post through first, thank you c:

So, as of late ZOS, you have decided to really tone down healing and survivability across the board in PvP. Personally, I am all for it. However, the blanket nerf to healing in general negatively impacted some classes moreso than others. The main one that comes to mind being, you guessed it, Templar.

Now, I am minority player, being a solo player and a PvP Templar main at that. So my opinion may not be valued to highly, but the points I have to make are very valid.

First off, Templar, while being exceptionally strong in group scenarios, is much weaker solo or in outnumbered PvP. Every class in the game has their own unique way of staying alive. You have DK, who's healing on both Stam and Mag is out of this world due to Major mending, a passive 12%, great heals on their offensive kit, and anything else you can slap onto them for additional heals. Warden are very similar, with easy access to Major mending, one of the best utility heals in the game in that of Arctic Blast, free minor protection, a near spammable healing ultimate and an offensive ultimate that gives major protection. Necromancer has access to ridiculous amounts of mitigation through things such as spirit guardian, or their skill that gives major prot (the name escapes me), as well as amazing utility healing, and the best/easiest to utilize burst ability in the game which is great for forcing people to be less offensive, not mention they also get the equivalent of minor mending through passives, as well as a cleanse. Nighblades currently have the most mitigation in the game in most scenarios, as well several forms of mobility that are unmatched by any other class. The only class that rivals nightblade in the mobility department is Sorcerer, with their super powerful streak and ball of lightening, as well as easy access to movement speed buffs. Couple that on top of their strong defense with a powerful ward, pets to line of sight, and access to the strongest group burst heal in the game, and they are leagues above Templar.

What does Templar have? Minor mending, and an expensive cleanse. That's about it. We lack the healing and mitigation necessary to play the up front brawler. We have no mobility to speak of, even less so now that mist form just doesn't work 80% of the time. Our options for burst are limited, and seemingly even more so now that Burning light and Purifying Light/Power of the Light are going to be mostly useless. Couple that with the fact that our dots are also lack luster compared to other classes, and in the end, templar will have nothing. No tankiness, no healing, no damage.

The current state of Templar is unhealthy for the class. In PvP we don't really have many options aside from just going as tanky as possible, or going full healer, and even then every other tank and healer will outperform us.

All Templar needs to get pushed in the right direction again is that extra 17% healing. With heals being as they are now, that would not be enough to make Templars unkillable machines, but rather just give them enough to make them feel like they can stand and fight on their own two feet again.

Thank you for your time
    -Kuro

After reading your wall of text:

No.

Templars have enough.

The end.
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowgoons wrote: »
    For anyone who read the title and got a little heated and came in here to tell me how wrong I am, please do me the courtesy of reading the post through first, thank you c:

So, as of late ZOS, you have decided to really tone down healing and survivability across the board in PvP. Personally, I am all for it. However, the blanket nerf to healing in general negatively impacted some classes moreso than others. The main one that comes to mind being, you guessed it, Templar.

Now, I am minority player, being a solo player and a PvP Templar main at that. So my opinion may not be valued to highly, but the points I have to make are very valid.

First off, Templar, while being exceptionally strong in group scenarios, is much weaker solo or in outnumbered PvP. Every class in the game has their own unique way of staying alive. You have DK, who's healing on both Stam and Mag is out of this world due to Major mending, a passive 12%, great heals on their offensive kit, and anything else you can slap onto them for additional heals. Warden are very similar, with easy access to Major mending, one of the best utility heals in the game in that of Arctic Blast, free minor protection, a near spammable healing ultimate and an offensive ultimate that gives major protection. Necromancer has access to ridiculous amounts of mitigation through things such as spirit guardian, or their skill that gives major prot (the name escapes me), as well as amazing utility healing, and the best/easiest to utilize burst ability in the game which is great for forcing people to be less offensive, not mention they also get the equivalent of minor mending through passives, as well as a cleanse. Nighblades currently have the most mitigation in the game in most scenarios, as well several forms of mobility that are unmatched by any other class. The only class that rivals nightblade in the mobility department is Sorcerer, with their super powerful streak and ball of lightening, as well as easy access to movement speed buffs. Couple that on top of their strong defense with a powerful ward, pets to line of sight, and access to the strongest group burst heal in the game, and they are leagues above Templar.

What does Templar have? Minor mending, and an expensive cleanse. That's about it. We lack the healing and mitigation necessary to play the up front brawler. We have no mobility to speak of, even less so now that mist form just doesn't work 80% of the time. Our options for burst are limited, and seemingly even more so now that Burning light and Purifying Light/Power of the Light are going to be mostly useless. Couple that with the fact that our dots are also lack luster compared to other classes, and in the end, templar will have nothing. No tankiness, no healing, no damage.

The current state of Templar is unhealthy for the class. In PvP we don't really have many options aside from just going as tanky as possible, or going full healer, and even then every other tank and healer will outperform us.

All Templar needs to get pushed in the right direction again is that extra 17% healing. With heals being as they are now, that would not be enough to make Templars unkillable machines, but rather just give them enough to make them feel like they can stand and fight on their own two feet again.

Thank you for your time
    -Kuro

No.

Templars have enough.

The end.

Templars don't have enough.

They are not good open world pvp and healing nerf hurt them bad (stamina).

Buff Templar.

The end.
  • KuroyukiESO
    KuroyukiESO
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for your time
    -Kuro

No.

Templars have enough.

The end.

Templars have enough? Okay, give me 5 examples. 5 strong things that templar has that noobdy else has. I can name 5 for each class. lets see what you have for plar.
  • AlekoB253
    AlekoB253
    ✭✭
    Templar really does need a buff. I'm not sure why it keeps getting nerfed. There are so many other classes/builds in PVP that are so OP that can take on 5-10 equal level players without breaking a sweat. Wish either they would get nerfed or Templar gets buffed.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlekoB253 wrote: »
    Templar really does need a buff. I'm not sure why it keeps getting nerfed. There are so many other classes/builds in PVP that are so OP that can take on 5-10 equal level players without breaking a sweat. Wish either they would get nerfed or Templar gets buffed.

Yeah I agree. I think I'm pretty much done playing with my Templar for now, at least in PvP. Because frankly: the class sucks. I always thought it was suppose to be some kind of defensive healing class like a Paladin or something. But it can't do either in PvP, at least not in the No CP variety. It sucks at defense. It sucks at healing. It just.... sucks.

Well, that's not entirely true. It is great at doing one thing. Dying.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 15, 2020 2:48AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your time
    -Kuro

No.

Templars have enough.

The end.

Honestly, they suck. And this is coming from someone who mains a Templar and has been playing one since beta. It's just not very good currently. At all.

Even my fledgling Night Blade who I probably don't even have 1% of the play time and experience playing as my Templar is better.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 15, 2020 2:54AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO, simply coz its band-aid fix, and what we know is that such type of fixes lead to even bigger negative consequnced.
    OP right about "Honor the Dead" literally our only tool to survive but thats just culmination of all class disbalance and ignored problems, which should be addressed in a complex manner, like:
    1. Outdated passives. You xan read in my latest post in main thread about it. Light Weaver, Prism, Illuminate, Master Ritualist, Mending. No wonder we have problem to survive when we have so many weak passives or even Ritualist passive that like absolutely totally uselless for 90% of gameplay or life of stamplar who based fully on healing but what an irony - healing passive Mending dont work for them.Imagine the instead of this garbage we would get smth as strong as wardens passive that grant major mending on low heal - such adjustement by itself would already helped by alot.
    2. Outdated defensive skills. For example my favorite Backlash, or Living Dark - when zos finally changed it into self-buff it already made templar survivability noticable along with addressing problem of class not even having aoe snares or even proper root. But than due to inadequate whine zos nerfhamnered skill into oblivion and did it against their own stated "standarts", I wrote enough wall of texts with examples about this skill to prove that both defensive effect and cc effect both got inadequate treatment. So now we have skill that barely fulfill its role, horribly bugged(after all those patches nor Living Dark nor Unstable Core bugs were fixed) and lost its crowd control capability. Obviously properly treat skills like eclipse would be another big boost to templar survivability.
    3. Outdated ultimates - offense is best defense or at least allowing to counter-burst enemy and opens offensive window that allow to stop turtling in "hold block and spam Honor". Just compare Nova with Sleetstorm and if you have any pvp experience you will understand why Templar ultimates are nothing but meme. Thats partially redeemed by vamp changes allowing us to go Scion ult which is very strong. But thats also brought back old pain point of class pigeonholed into playing vampire and get negative consequences.

TL;DR: there is way to address class by proper complexed changes instead od such band-aid fixes like give back constant major mending.
    I just afraid none templar veteran is still believe that zos will be capable or even willing to do it. As new balance-policy that they stated can be readed betweennlines as "nerf everything that people cry about".
    Edited by Cinbri on September 15, 2020 6:29AM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we fix major mending on resto staff instead. It's very chucky to use no?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we fix major mending on resto staff instead. It's very chucky to use no?

I think it's pretty good if used it in combination with Wisdom of Vanus and Jorvuld's Guidance. But otherwise... yeah, it's annoying to use. I wish people luck keeping it active in PvP. They're going to need it.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 17, 2020 3:24AM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar needs buffs, absolutely, but I don't think it has to include Major Mending.

My biggest pain point right now is the ultimates suck so bad. Crescent was nice when you could hold block but now it's a liability - might as well slot Dawnbreaker. Nova is great for PvE but nearly useless in PvP. Rite of Passage sucks because usually you just postpone your death by 4 seconds.

Every other class ultimate feels very powerful and impactful, but Templar ults are like bringing a pool noodle to a sword fight.

Oh and Burning Light needs to be made great again. ZOS really screwed the pooch with that change.

There are so many great opportunities to improve the class but ZOS will never do it. Always only nerfs. Hell they won't even fix the bugs with their pay-to-win classes so no way they'll spend time on Templar.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your time
    -Kuro

Glanced at your title, thought no.
    Scan read the start of your thread, thought no
    Did what you said and reread, No.

Their strength in solo PvP is the reason why they shouldn't have it..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Thank you for your time
    -Kuro

Glanced at your title, thought no.
    Scan read the start of your thread, thought no
    Did what you said and reread, No.

Their strength in solo PvP is the reason why they shouldn't have it..

Templars in solo pvp, what? XD
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I maimed stamplar for almost 6 years, and this is the first time ever, that I don't enjoy playing it.
    I was somewhat okay with having bad survivability as long as we had good dmgz but now they have taken what little identity we had away as well.
    Potl hits for nothing on anyone who has more than base resistances.
    Burning light is a shadow of its former self.
    Empowering sweep was already bad outside of dueling and it definetly didn't need a cast time.
    There is just nothing going for the class anymore, while we still have all the crap skills like radiant aura or healing ritual, and absolutely useless passives like mending.

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler I would love to know the reasoning behind the massive Templar nerfs, while letting warden be as broken as it currently is.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like back reflect on my wings

Regards,

DK
    Awake, but at what cost