Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double ap does not count towards AvA rank

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the communication, but this is very frustrating. We are not testers, we are customers. The only reason I care about AP at all is for ranking up my alliance skills, which was, for me and for many others, the main incentive for participating. Why is this so hard that it takes so much time to fix?

I can explain why its taking so log to fix in one word: STADIA
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Ringod123
    Ringod123
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken, obviously "looking into it" doesn't mean "fixing it". Just got a 60k def tick which awarded me 1 Reward For The Worthy.....

Does Zos ever fix anything between fortnightly patches or we just peeing in the wind?
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »
    Still broken, obviously "looking into it" doesn't mean "fixing it". Just got a 60k def tick which awarded me 1 Reward For The Worthy.....

Does Zos ever fix anything between fortnightly patches or we just peeing in the wind?
    rumple9 wrote: »
    So when is this going to be fixed? Hot fix or next maintenance?

We're still working on getting everything finalized. As such, it's not likely this will be fixed before the weekend. We'll update again when we have an exact date. Thanks for your patience here, everyone.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    I appreciate the communication, but this is very frustrating. We are not testers, we are customers. The only reason I care about AP at all is for ranking up my alliance skills, which was, for me and for many others, the main incentive for participating. Why is this so hard that it takes so much time to fix?

I can explain why its taking so log to fix in one word: STADIA

Yeah it really looks like they may need an approval from Stadia for an extra fix as this does not look like a thing that can be hotfixed. If not then unless they want to pay Stadia extra and pull down the game extraordinarily next week then it won't be fixed until the 21st.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »

Yeap

They said they are working on it

But at this point I just doubt that they are trying to gain some time to stall us

Shame.
    Edited by Cirantille on September 13, 2020 7:31AM
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No maintenance this week so I guess it won't get fixed until 21st, if indeed they can fix it
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only PvP on weekends so I just noticed this yesterday. I hope there's an update soon.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, is the AP we've earned since the AoE tests started going to get doubled for our AvA rank when it's patched, or is what we've earned so far all we're going to get?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like another problem caused by ZOS. They swap Rapids with Vigor and then limit the ability to earn AP during a PVP event, so that the you have to do event more PVP to unlock Rapids.

I am wondering if the the swap of Rapids with Vigor is just a way to ensure that some sort of healing is available in groups as they put cool downs on Heals that are AOE?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, wanted to let you know we are hotfixing this issue right now. We'll let you know as soon as the hotfix is complete, at which time any AP earned during the double AP event will count toward your Alliance War skills and Leaderboard ranks.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pyvos
    Pyvos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, wanted to let you know we are hotfixing this issue right now. We'll let you know as soon as the hotfix is complete, at which time any AP earned during the double AP event will count toward your Alliance War skills and Leaderboard ranks.

Great to hear. Thank you for the follow-up, it's much appreciated!
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks a lot Gina

Very happy to hear :)
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you confirm whether this is retroactive or not? You say "AP earned", past tense, which leaves it a little vague. Is it retroactive or will it only apply to AP we earn after the hotfix?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭
    Some change has just occurred.

All double AP has disappeared! Not what I was expecting. Also AoE cool-downs still in force - Test 2 started.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Noggin_the_Nog on September 14, 2020 2:23PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some change has just occurred.

All double AP has disappeared! Not what I was expecting. Also AoE cool-downs still in force.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

WarmheartedDimCranefly-size_restricted.gif
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The hotfix for double AP is complete. Unfortunately we are not able to retroactively grant double AP earned from last week toward your rank, but anything earned from this point on will go toward rank advancement.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Could you confirm whether this is retroactive or not? You say "AP earned", past tense, which leaves it a little vague. Is it retroactive or will it only apply to AP we earn after the hotfix?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Guess rank is another fix, as I know its based on AP earned so it would be simple.
    Leaderboard rank on the other hand is harder as it only count your main campaign, not guest campaigns, IC or BG.
    Now leaderboard should not matter that much outside the reward tires as its the same for all regarding emperor.
    Yes the first week will not add much to it

Weird bug
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TrelNord
    TrelNord
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wait - I don't see double AP at all now. Was the fix to double AP not counting just to remove double AP entirely from the event?
  • Justishia808
    Justishia808
    ✭✭
    TrelNord wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wait - I don't see double AP at all now. Was the fix to double AP not counting just to remove double AP entirely from the event?

Same here. AP coming up both in rank and on screen is normal, not double. Don't think it's working.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    TrelNord wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Same here. AP coming up both in rank and on screen is normal, not double. Don't think it's working.

Checking now - stand by!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can confirm, this time double ap does not even apply to currency...

Just like usual, normal ap
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To be clear, you should be receiving double AP from player kills, player healing, and keep/outpost/resource captures, and those values will contribute toward AVA Rank and Leaderboards. AP is not doubled from Cyrodiil quests, due to how this needed to be setup. Can you all confirm if this appears to be the case or not, currently?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Justishia808
    Justishia808
    ✭✭
    To be clear, you should be receiving double AP from player kills, player healing, and keep/outpost/resource captures, and those values will contribute toward AVA Rank and Leaderboards. AP is not doubled from Cyrodiil quests, due to how this needed to be setup. Can you all confirm if this appears to be the case or not, currently?

No double AP at all, from what I can tell, for anything. Is double AP meant to include repairs for doors, etc? Because that definitely isn't working.
  • WARchief10K
    WARchief10K
    ✭✭✭

Can you guys maybe test this before changing the live servers next time?
    Cyrodiil crafting recipe: Cyrodiil 2014 + some siege + a hammer = Cyrodiil 2020
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

From nothing like capturing or killing or repairing, no double ap

I did not try quests at all
  • Justishia808
    Justishia808
    ✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

I turned in a scroll quest and it was normal.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Scroll quest should count anyway, Gina was talking about town quests I suppose, not sure
  • Justishia808
    Justishia808
    ✭✭

Scroll quest should count anyway, Gina was talking about town quests I suppose, not sure

Agreed. Cheydinhal, not so much.
  • Kertats
    Kertats
    ✭✭✭
    Daily quest,player kill and res/keep capture also repair just getting normal AP nothing double PC EU
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Some of you are already doing this, but could you just let us know exactly what you are doing where you're not seeing double AP earned? Also feel free to include things like locations, campaigns, etc. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post